Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Timewalking Raid system

Can some one explain to me the timewalking raid system? is it every week for the rest of time? is it somthing that happens every other month?
    do the bosses have the same mechanics? i didnt understand
    Last edited by MrFancy21; 2021-02-24 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFancy21 View Post
    Can some one explain to me the timewalking raid system? is it every week for the rest of time? is it somthing that happens every other month?
    Timewalking happens once a month, different expansion each time.

Some of the expansions have a raid
    BC - Black Temple
    LK - Ulduar
    Cata - Firelands

The raids are pretty much the same as back in the day, just scaled up.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Timewalking happens once a month, different expansion each time.

Some of the expansions have a raid
    BC - Black Temple
    LK - Ulduar
    Cata - Firelands

The raids are pretty much the same as back in the day, just scaled up.
    Are they difficult ?

Does your gear matter ? i.e. if you have 220 ilvl, will your scaled down character have a better stats than if you had 195 ilvl ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxblow View Post
    Are they difficult ?

Does your gear matter ? i.e. if you have 220 ilvl, will your scaled down character have a better stats than if you had 195 ilvl ?
    You have fixed ilvl in every timewalking content.
    All you can do is farming gear with sockets or special effects - sockets will work in addition to the stats you get and some special effects still work in this content. The Valanyr Hammer (Ulduar legendary) as healer is busted. Shadowmourne/Firelands legendaries are stronk too.

If an item has the information that it is a legacy item, effects will not work. (most set items, legion legendaries..)

Are they difficult ?

Your gear will scale down to whatever Blizzard have set.
    But you can go grind out specific gear that works well but it definitly isnt neccesary.

The Older legendaries are great.
    Azerite gear from BFA works well along with the necklace and essenses.
    Other than that, things with sockets are very good to have.

But overall, its not needed. Most of the fights are easy and one or two are painfully hard, but thats mostly due to some mechanic people dont do.

I've twinked out for timewalks ever since they started. The number of others I've seen that were twinked out I could count with 1 hand. Most people don't understand the system or why I do over 50% of the DPS half the time. Half the fools ignore me when I suggest, Hey HoA and BfA cloak, I know you kept them.

Best thing you could do for whatever group you join is pull your Hear of Azurite and 3 pieces of Azurite gear (you sold them like everyone else didnt you?) out of the bank (also if you have the BfA rank 15 or Panda leggo cloak) and to have your shadowlands leggo. Hell, I only use 2 pieces of Shadowlands gear, love the repair bills. Legendaries, items with set bonuses, items with gem slots, items with extra abilities are all great. I love my proc set. Uber trinkets are good too. Not not necessary (but pull your damn HoA out of the love of god.) Enchants don't hurt either. Doesn't even need to be one from this expansion...

We went through both BT and Ulduar in this expansion with little problems. Maybe it helps that I was in the group to explain important Illidan mechanics (manage the STDs and EVERYONE gets in the big circle while battling elements.) Some bosses had mechanics, but for the most part we just plowed through most with none knowing what to do. But I think that also having access to a good timewalking piece or two (bfa neck and cloak) helps compared to previous expansions. Some groups wont let you in without the Heart these days.
    Last edited by Baroclinic; 2021-02-26 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    I've twinked out for timewalks ever since they started. The number of others I've seen that were twinked out I could count with 1 hand. Most people don't understand the system or why I do over 50% of the DPS half the time. Half the fools ignore me when I suggest, Hey HoA and BfA cloak, I know you kept them.

We went through both BT and Ulduar in this expansion with little problems.
    Plz make timewalk with me. I do them for fun but I'd prefere ppl who know how to do it (not just because of gear, but because of mechanics

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFancy21 View Post
    timewalking is an event that happens every now and again. the timewalking raids (Black Temple, Ulduar and Firelands) are only available during the corresponding event.

What raid size are the TW raids anyways?

5+ Year Old Account
    Is there any weekly quest for timewalk raid? I can find only one for dungeons and also couldn’t see queue for timewalk raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Is there any weekly quest for timewalk raid? I can find only one for dungeons and also couldn’t see queue for timewalk raid.
    The quest for the raid is located near the vendor for each timewalking period. For TBC, it's in Shattrath. There is no automatic queue for the raids, they have to be done manually.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    The quest for the raid is located near the vendor for each timewalking period. For TBC, it's in Shattrath. There is no automatic queue for the raids, they have to be done manually.
    Oh great, thanks so much. I was searching in Oribos. Haha

The item level drops in TW is 200, but just be warned, the timewalking raids are severely overtuned so make sure you go with a group who mostly know the fights or you'll find yourself wiping over and over again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are they difficult ?

As others have mentioned, all your gear scales down to an fixed item level regardless of what the item level is (mind you scales DOWN not UP to the fixed item level). The best gear you can get for TW raids are old legendaries that still have their effect (nothing that says legacy effect inactive), Azerite gear + Heart of Azeroth so the effects work, and gear with sockets...in that order. Keep in mind, some gear can utilize previous expansion perks like leg enchants and belt buckles for an additional socket plus they can have enchants in slots that current content does not allow them for. You yourself will be scaled down to the appropriate level for when the raid was current and your HP will be made according to what your HP would be at that level + the stam/HP enchants you have on your gear. As for the difficulty, it varies with raid to raid. At the beginning of this expansion, Ulduar was pretty broken because they hadn't quite mastered the scaling which is typical of Blizzard after a new expansion is released and TW crap. I've only done Ulduar this expansion so I can't speak for the others being fixed or not. As far as I understand, there is no "hardmode" in TW dungeons and there are no achievements you can obtain from doing the TW that would correspond to the regular raid's achievements but I could be wrong about BT since there was no different versions of it during BC like Ulduar and Firelands (10, 25, etc). The gear that drops is relatively nice for the casual since its all item level 200 gear. Should also note that you can not obtain quest items while in a TW raid for things like the legendary mace in Ulduar or legendary staff in Firelands which really sucks for those of us who are wanting to finish those. And I should note, the Warglaives do NOT drop off Illidan for the 5 classes that are able to equip them but you are able to get a transmog illusion to drop off Illidan (apparently on any character on your account that kills Illidan) as long as you have the achievement for owning both of the Warglaives so your demon hunter can transmog them on their weapons (note ONLY a demon hunter can transmog them on a weapon but ANY character who kills Illidan on TW can obtain the illusion transmog).

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    The item level drops in TW is 200, but just be warned, the timewalking raids are severely overtuned so make sure you go with a group who mostly know the fights or you'll find yourself wiping over and over again.
    I can't imagine what kind of players you have in your group if you're wiping over and over in TW raids. A few of my guildies did an Ulduar run on alts, with a few pugs (think we had 16 people at most) and we just breezed through the whole thing as if we weren't even scaled down.

Funnily enough we had the most trouble with Flame Leviathan since not everyone knew what to do in their respective vehicles.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    I can't imagine what kind of players you have in your group if you're wiping over and over in TW raids. A few of my guildies did an Ulduar run on alts, with a few pugs (think we had 16 people at most) and we just breezed through the whole thing as if we weren't even scaled down.

Funnily enough we had the most trouble with Flame Leviathan since not everyone knew what to do in their respective vehicles.
    When I did Ulduar back after the expansion released it was with a group that was running mythic CN and was very well geared and we struggled with Flame Leviathan, the cat lady, Kologarn, and Yogg. Most of us ran it back when it was current content and still understood the mechanics but the overtuning of it made it difficult. We were also running 2 healers (me on my priest and a paladin) for the 20 of us in there.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    When I did Ulduar back after the expansion released it was with a group that was running mythic CN and was very well geared and we struggled with Flame Leviathan, the cat lady, Kologarn, and Yogg. Most of us ran it back when it was current content and still understood the mechanics but the overtuning of it made it difficult. We were also running 2 healers (me on my priest and a paladin) for the 20 of us in there.
    2 heals for 20 people? I think I found your problem

A twinked timewalking character can do 2-4x the dps of a generic character. Heart of Azeroth and Azerite gear go a long way by themselves, otherwise old items with sockets, legendary cloaks from BFA/MOP. To put into perspective I did the first boss in Black Temple with one of my alts that has decent twink gear, did 1000 dps and the 2nd on damage was 574, everyone below him was in the 300 dps range.

So twinking in Timewalking is huge, despite equal ilvl. Timewalking (raid) is a shitshow though, people have no idea of mechanics and assume that mechanics do not exist, then they die and then they leave. My group didn't get past Supremus and it was only pulled once, with trash. People sign up and they don't know what they are getting in for and then they leave when that becomes clear.

Timewalking is super easy too, but not as easy as LFR.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-03-01 at 04:27 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    You were essentially running with half of the healers you should have. Keep in mind that the ratio for healers to raid group size is 1:5 - 1 healer for every 5 total ppl. Good groups can go with 3. Great groups that absolutely minimize incoming damage can go with 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    2 heals for 20 people? I think I found your problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    You were essentially running with half of the healers you should have. Keep in mind that the ratio for healers to raid group size is 1:5 - 1 healer for every 5 total ppl. Good groups can go with 3. Great groups that absolutely minimize incoming damage can go with 2.
    It wasn't a healing issue on those fights. Kologarn got overran with crap and the killing both arms within the timeframe is what screwed us up before we just decided to ignore the arms and burst him down. Flame Leviathan...well that fight sucks lol. Yogg had some of the adds with too much HP and even though we had all 4 keepers helping us they wouldn't die like they do on alone in the dark. Cat lady was 1 shotting the tank multiple times even with a shield on him and him popping defensive abilities. I put guardian spirit on him and the pally put sac and that's how we got our kill.