Quote Originally Posted by Simple Rick View Post
    More then fair. I guess a lot of this is also my own buyers remorse with the switch while I enjoy the games I do have for it overall it really does feel like its the last console I will be buying. There just is such a drought of new games I want to play on it and such a push for remakes that it feels more like a emulator box to me then its own system.

I admit I was hoping for something on the level of a sword and shield remake level with the new features pushed into the old game.
    Well, I hope Legends lives up to higher standards for you then although I will admit personally seeing that Chingling flying in Legends left me a bit....skeptic of it for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Well, I hope Legends lives up to higher standards for you then although I will admit personally seeing that Chingling flying in Legends left me a bit....skeptic of it for now.
    I think that is at least a year maybe two away. I could be wrong but it did look rather janky.

15+ Year Old Account
    it won't be good.
    It will just be a big giant wild area with a few caves where you can find some potions and some berry trees to shake and likely not a huge range of environments outside of what they already showed us
    There will be some sprinkled in side quests to do for potions or xxl candies so you can get to level 100 in the game really fast.
    There won't be a point to battling outside of what's needed for the main quest
    There won't be big dangers roaming the world outside of maybe some high level pokemon you can just run from (and you cant catch).
    There might be some trainers .
    You won't have hp so you can really die.
    You can probably make food for your pokemon to heal and make it like you more so it does those extra things in battles theyve been able to do like in gen 8.

Basically it will be botw if you take out shrines, equipment, beasts, secrets, charm, danger, weather, enemies, items, seeds, etc. To put it into perspective, this will be like a compile heart tier game

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Americans QQing about games costing $60 while the rest of the world pays significantly more for games because of exchange rates and taxes. BD2 cost $90 after tax in Canada so they can cry me a fucking river. If you think it's so bad to pay a whole $60 for a game, go live elsewhere in the world where people fork out more relative to their income, to buy games. All the more reason to be a cost conscious consumer as well.
    I don't pay 60$ for games.

I pay 60€.

So shut up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Rick View Post
    I think that is at least a year maybe two away. I could be wrong but it did look rather janky.
    Legends is exactly one year away. They said release would be early 2022 and I'll be shocked if that is not on or around Pokémon Day 2022.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you are comparing a ds game to a switch game
    Yes, and? BDSP graphics could not have worked on a regular DS.

every single remake improved the graphics, they didn't took the old ones and just put in high pixels, it is a downgrade to what it was expected, since like the other remakes were expected in the same lv of the current games Sword and shield.
    You cannot be a downgrade from what is expected ... that makes no sense. You had expectations that were not met.

you said it would be changes, therefore not being faithful
    So not only do you not understand what the word downgrade means, you also don't understand the word Faithful. This isn't WoW Classic here. They aren't claiming no changes. We already know that the game will have at least the platinum expanded dex as Porygon Z appears in the trailer.

We have a rumor built on merch that Mega evolution will return (which for all we know could be post game exclusive). The battle system through Sword and Shield is basically the same since Red and Blue with minor changes. So the argument "They are changing the battle system" is nonsense because no one said they were.

they paid other people to do a half-asset game, so they don't have to do much and sell it saying they are trying to be "faithful"
    No, they paid other people to make the game with the original director overseeing it. You know the person responsible for DPP in the first place?

Every single remake had new content to do and post elite four shenanigans, Lets see if they will at least do that or just be "faithful" and do nothing new.
    There were literally 7 islands in FRLG. A new area with a new Safari Zone in HGSS.
    And ... flying around Hoenn for ORAS.

In HGSS and ORAS, the "new feature" was unlocked prior to the Elite 4. FRLG you had a few islands you could visit prior the the Elite 4, but the rest unlocked after.

We have no idea what if any new feature will be added for BDSP right now. This complaint makes no sense at the moment. You are asserting a truth that you cannot know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I don't pay 60$ for games.

I pay 60€.

So shut up
    That is equal to about $73 US dollars ... meaning Rennadrel pays more than you.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how many times I can repeat this without feeling like it's pointless.

I am not talking about JUST the style.

I'm talking about reworking entire areas just so they would fit in a 3D perspective instead of a birds eye view.
    did you played oras? because they literally reworked entire areas just to fit the new perspective of the 3ds

I'm talking about having pokemon more in line with Sword and Shield in general, as an entirety. Because that would be what's considered "up to standard", hell if the entire game was more like the Wild Area from Sword/Shield.

And you know what people would do? Hate on it.
    no one hated on ORAS, you are assuming people would hate that, that is just the gambler's fallacy

You can keep parroting "But the old remakes..." but that fails to acknowledge that besides OR/AS, the rest were all still basically pixels at that point and it's not even really worth pointing out that "It was done with the modern standard" because it wasn't that drastic of a change from the original anyway at that point. Crisper pixel art, more colors, but at the heart of it, not that drastically different.
    how many people hated on oras because they changed like that? no one, only complain about oras was the lack of battle frontier.

They could also, literally make the style like oras and sun and moon, there was no point or necessity to just take the old games and slap into switch.
    It's not on the level of the jump from the original games to Let's Go, which is more like what this jump is at this point. Could they have went more with a Let's Go look even, sure. But again, there would be people mad that it didn't keep the original ratio of the game.
    doubt so, since we have ORAS to prove that it would not be the case if the game is good.

i cant wait for these remakes, gonna be awesome

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Yes, and? BDSP graphics could not have worked on a regular DS.
    but they probably would in a 3ds, since is not that amazing, is a chibi/funko style.
    You cannot be a downgrade from what is expected ... that makes no sense. You had expectations that were not met.
    every remake was on pair with the current generation, the expectations should have meet like all the remakes before.

So not only do you not understand what the word downgrade means, you also don't understand the word Faithful.
    i just not only know the "word", but i know its easy to use to people buy in, their reasons, do the bare minimum and claim it was because they want 'faithful", i mean, just saying reforged did the same shit

No, they paid other people to make the game with the original director overseeing it. You know the person responsible for DPP in the first place?
    They still are paying third parties to do it, instead of themselves

There were literally 7 islands in FRLG. A new area with a new Safari Zone in HGSS.
    yeah, the games literally had new content and post elite 4 things to do, you trying to dismiss then will not make then disappear.

And ... flying around Hoenn for ORAS.
    ...did you just forget delta episode?

We have no idea what if any new feature will be added for BDSP right now. This complaint makes no sense at the moment. You are asserting a truth that you cannot know.
    You are so focused on whiteknighting about this that you didn't notice im not complaining about this, neither "asserting a truth", i said lets see IF they will shove the "we are just trying to be faithful" and not do improvements and new features like the old remakes(adding megas is not what i could new feature)

my only complaint is the ass artstyle chibi/funko style that is just sad compared to other remakes, sorry

did you played oras? because they literally reworked entire areas just to fit the new perspective of the 3ds.
    It was still a birds eye view, if not close to it

Sword and shield isn't.

That's literally it.
    I don't know why this is still going on, and why you keep parroting information that isn't really relevant as I've said over and over.

ORAS is still essentially still the same style of the original game, with just updated visuals that still fit the original style.

Slapping sword and shields style/method onto a D/P remake would not leave it nearly the same.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2021-03-01 at 06:23 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    but they probably would in a 3ds, since is not that amazing, is a chibi/funko style.

every remake was on pair with the current generation, the expectations should have meet like all the remakes before.
    And they have decided to take a different path for these remakes. They have chosen to make a more faithful to the original style but upgraded.

i just not only know the "word", but i know its easy to use to people buy in, their reasons, do the bare minimum and claim it was because they want 'faithful", i mean, just saying reforged did the same shit
    "This other company did this crap and therefore it is the same crap." Gamefreak and The Pokemon Company aren't Blizzard.

They still are paying third parties to do it, instead of themselves
    Because they are working on Legends Arceus and they still want to deliver remakes of Diamond and Pearl.

yeah, the games literally had new content and post elite 4 things to do, you trying to dismiss then will not make then disappear.
    7 islands added to FRLG. And the reason they existed was to make it easier to obtain all the pokemon within the main series games.
    HGSS added nothing additional to the post game outside placing prior legendaries to obtain ... again, to make it easier to obtain prior generational pokemon within the generation.
    Flying around Hoenn ... the only actual "new" feature ... was to help get prior Gen Legendaries in the current generation.

Notice a pattern? New features were in general to complete the Dex within the generation so all the pokemon are available. Game Freak has moved away from that model. I don't like that choice they made, because I love the national dex and want it to return, but since they have moved away from complete dex model ... remakes are not going to have a lot of new features.

...did you just forget delta episode?
    Because it isn't really "new" content, but rather expanded content around Rayquaza. So rather than just capture Rayquaza post game, here is a story that involves Rayquaza with a fun reference to both Deoxys original in game event and one of the Advanced Series movies. Did you not play the original games Ruby and Sapphire or just forgot you caught Rayquaza at the top of Sky Pillar after you beat the Elite 4?

But if that is "new content" to you, for all you know that we will obtain Giratina in a new post game story (going to the distortion world) or possible they do an Arceus event in game to tie into Legends Arceus. This game was literally just announced.

You are so focused on whiteknighting about this that you didn't notice im not complaining about this, neither "asserting a truth", i said lets see IF they will shove the "we are just trying to be faithful" and not do improvements and new features like the old remakes(adding megas is not what i could new feature)

my only complaint is the ass artstyle chibi/funko style that is just sad compared to other remakes, sorry
    It isn't ass just because you don't like it. I am not "whiteknighting" yet another term you don't understand ... you are saying "I don't like this, therefore it is shit." Pointing out that you are acting like a child for a game that literally has only had a trailer and minor information provided in addition on the website is silly at this point.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account

Sword and shield isn't.

That's literally it.
    I don't know why this is still going on, and why you keep parroting information that isn't really relevant as I've said over and over.

ORAS is still essentially still the same style of the original game, with just updated visuals that still fit the original style.

Slapping sword and shields style/method onto a D/P remake would not leave it nearly the same.
    Yes, but they could do a 2 version remake. So you can switch from 2d to 3d for example like some other games got it in remakes.
    And worst part is that game will not fell 100% vanila anyway due to removed abilitys in the most recent generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Yes, but they could do a 2 version remake. So you can switch from 2d to 3d for example like some other games got it in remakes.
    And worst part is that game will not fell 100% vanila anyway due to removed abilitys in the most recent generation.
    Most of what was removed in Sw/Sh were moves/abilities that were unique to pokemon not in the game, as far as I recall. If the Pokemon is back the move/ability should be

7+ Year Old Account
    Most of what was removed in Sw/Sh were moves/abilities that were unique to pokemon not in the game, as far as I recall. If the Pokemon is back the move/ability should be
    There were 144 moves removed in Sword and Shield.

67 of the were Z moves and Partner Eevee and Pikachu moves.

Some were removed because they were signature moves of pokemon not in Sword and Shield or were only learnable by pokemon not in the game at launch. Others may fall into a category that they didn't work well with Dynamax/Gigantamax.

Some were removed for being redundant ... like Heal Order (one of Vespinquen's 3 signature moves) ... when it gets Roost that literally does the same thing.

There are a few where it is unknown why it was removed and I am unable to think of a reason why it was removed.
    –The Sith Code

Then use Let's Go. Would still work and not look terrible while doing so.

7+ Year Old Account

Sword and shield isn't.
    and they can't just use the new graphics to do that? or use lets go? or use oras? it had to be chibi style?

it could probably make one of the best pokemons games would there, for sure people would complaint

but then again, they could use lets' go and oras art style and everyone will be fine with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    And they have decided to take a different path for these remakes. They have chosen to make a more faithful to the original style but upgraded.
    they chose a different path because is easy, is less money, this faithful is just a lame ass excuse to masquerade the true intentions, funny thing is how people are eating that

"This other company did this crap and therefore it is the same crap." Gamefreak and The Pokemon Company aren't Blizzard.
    no, i said we had examples of main companies handling others to do their jobs so its easy and they don't have to do much work, sometimes end up good, others don't.

Because they are working on Legends Arceus and they still want to deliver remakes of Diamond and Pearl.
    don't change the fact that they could have made the remakes like the others, and be trully remakes, this look more like a remaster

7 islands added to FRLG. And the reason they existed was to make it easier to obtain all the pokemon within the main series games.
    it was something to do after the E4, something it was not there before, simple as that.

HGSS added nothing additional to the post game outside placing prior legendaries to obtain ... again, to make it easier to obtain prior generational pokemon within the generation.
    HGSS had a ton of changes and new things to do in the main campaign, the post game was not that much necessary because it already had a solid one, even that they expanded upon that
    Flying around Hoenn ... the only actual "new" feature ... was to help get prior Gen Legendaries in the current generation.
    and delta episode
    Notice a pattern?
    i did notice you chery picking this
    Because it isn't really "new" content, but rather expanded content around Rayquaza.
    That is literally new content, it was not in the game before, stop playing dumb

you ahd the whole shit about the dragon trainers, Zinia and getting Rayquaza to fight Deoxys, that is not 'expanded" content, is literally brand new content on the remakes, thats why Oras was so praised

But if that is "new content" to you, for all you know that we will obtain Giratina in a new post game story (going to the distortion world) or possible they do an Arceus event in game to tie into Legends Arceus.
    Then we know for sure the "faithful thing" is just a excuse to not make the game on pair with the new games, cause that don't seem like it was faithful in the original games

It isn't ass just because you don't like it. I am not "whiteknighting" yet another term you don't understand ... you are saying "I don't like this, therefore it is shit." Pointing out that you are acting like a child for a game that literally has only had a trailer and minor information provided in addition on the website is silly at this point.
    the game can be great, but the graphic is shit and no matter how you try, i ain't buying this "we are just trying to be faithful" crap

i don't need more than one trailler to see the chibi/funko thing is crap, i need more to see if the game overall will be, but since i didn't claim the game is shit you are arguing for nothing.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-03-02 at 01:20 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    they chose a different path because is easy, is less money, this faithful is just a lame ass excuse to masquerade the true intentions, funny thing is how people are eating that

no, i said we had examples of main companies handling others to do their jobs so its easy and they don't have to do much work, sometimes end up good, others don't.
    You cannot know why they did it because you are judging the motives based on what other companies did. This is 100% new ground for Game Freak here and you are judging based on a trailer for the game and the fact other companies did something. Game Freak isn't Blizzard.

don't change the fact that they could have made the remakes like the others, and be trully remakes, this look more like a remaster
    This is so bad I surprised you even bothered to type it out. If you consider them "remasters" ... guess what? All the other remakes were also remasters too. Seriously, most of the changes are minor. You are making it sound like "OH MY GOD, LOOK AT ALL THE NEW STUFF!" it really wasn't that much.

it was something to do after the E4, something it was not there before, simple as that.
    And there only purpose was to make it easier to obtain the complete dex. And ignoring that DP already had more to do post game than FRLG did.

HGSS had a ton of changes and new things to do in the main campaign, the post game was not that much necessary because it already had a solid one, even that they expanded upon that

and delta episode

That is literally new content, it was not in the game before, stop playing dumb
    Expanded content =/= new content.
    HGSS added things to the story, but overall it's pretty similar in fact, most of the major changes are just taken from Crystal version.
    The only additions to the "story" are the Kimono Girls being made more important by being there when you summon the box legendary ... huge new stuff there and having some Double Battles in the story that are only new because double battles didn't exist in Generation 2. Otherwise, it is all the same beats.

you ahd the whole shit about the dragon trainers, Zinia and getting Rayquaza to fight Deoxys, that is not 'expanded" content, is literally brand new content on the remakes, thats why Oras was so praised
    ORAS has the lowest User Score of the remakes on Metacritic. It is on par with Pokemon X and Y User Score. Gen 6 isn't praised. The Ultra Sun and Moon Games have higher Users scores. Games that are virtually identical to the games that game out just before are praised more.

HGSS > FRLG > Let's Go > ORAS per Metacritic Users. But sure ... "they're praised."

That is 100% a lore expansion of Rayquaza and the world. That's it. Deoxys is literally a reference to how it was obtain in FRLG and Emerald's in game events (with an anime twist)... that was remastered content by your logic. Can you at least remain consistent? And the Delta episode is literally go here, talk, maybe have a fight, repeat ... no one was praising the Delta Episode except people who are like the Lore of pokemon unless your bar is so low it is at "OMG WE CAN CATCH DEOXYS!"

And let's not forget that rather than give us the Battle Frontier from Emerald ... they just essentially just gave use a version of the post game town from XY. ORAS ain't praised. 7/10 Too much water.

Then we know for sure the "faithful thing" is just a excuse to not make the game on pair with the new games, cause that don't seem like it was faithful in the original games
    Faithful does not mean "EVERYTHING IS THE SAME" it means being true to the style and spirit of the original games. And one thing that the remakes have been ... faithful to the original games. Because of Gamefreak's current stance on the National Dex, they are permitted to be more faithful in the remakes while being able to be more experimental elsewhere.

the game can be great, but the graphic is shit and no matter how you try, i ain't buying this "we are just trying to be faithful" crap

i don't need more than one trailler to see the chibi/funko thing is crap, i need more to see if the game overall will be, but since i didn't claim the game is shit you are arguing for nothing.
    No, but you are claiming the style is shit because you don't like it despite it being factual faithful to the style of the original fucking games.
    You don't have to like the graphics, that's personal taste. But to declare them factually shit because you don't like them is my problem. They aren't shit, they are actually pretty fucking good. Graphics don't need to be ultra realistic or anime quality to be considered good. You are literally worse than the white knighters you accused me of being, unless it is your taste, it's shit.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2021-03-02 at 02:24 AM.
    –The Sith Code

the sad part is the remakes will sell well. i hate the remake of my second favorite gen.

i really wish it was more like Sword and Shield. heck even if it looked more like Alpha sapphire and Omega Ruby it would be fine.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Can we take a moment to appreciate the irony that in the span of a year Pokemon fans have went from "Sword and Shield looks like garbage" to "I wish the remakes looked like Sword and Shield". It's fucking hilarious.

Even ignoring the fact nobody ever played Pokemon for graphics, it's still so fucking funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Can we take a moment to appreciate the irony that in the span of a year Pokemon fans have went from "Sword and Shield looks like garbage" to "I wish the remakes looked like Sword and Shield". It's fucking hilarious.
    i never said that. i always liked how sword and shield looked.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    i never said that. i always liked how sword and shield looked.
    Ah yes, everyone enjoyed the fact it looks like a 3DS game running at switch resolution. The graphical power house known as Sword and Shield revered in 2021. Did the Zelda cycle become the Pokemon cycle now? Guess we're at that point where everyone pretends they loved Sword and Shield from the get go.