Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Or you can just...level yourself?
    Right now?
    During pre patch?
    Wo says I won't? I plan on having a paladin as a Horde. I will still boost whatever I can.

Aha, without boosts no one would be playing TBC, thanks for the information.
    Well, apparently no one plays classic as there are no people for you to level with.

Because people that are starting have the gold to pay the mage?
    Gold is easy to buy. Also point was more like "even classic players don't like classic leveling" and if it is possible to skip something, it will be skipped.

Considering that most classes very much struggle against elite mobs or even in areas such as a cave, let alone can do dungeons on their own, that is very narrow minded as it solely focuses on the aspect of an overcrowded area, which is still better than not being able to complete the aspects mentioned above.
    Competing against players mobs is more of a XP loss than actually completing the quest. You make it sound that classic zones are dead lol and you need TBC to save it..
    Which I very doubt is the thing on good servers and there are quite a few healthy ones still. When TBC hits there will be blood elves everywhere and people who don't want to boost. Stop the panic.

In other words, it has less to do with you having less time, you just don't want to do it.
    Most TBC players don't want to level in classic, why? Because if we did, we would have done that already. We want endgame. We are not skipping TBC leveling, we are not gaining power, we are not taking anything away from you, even if you think that it makes your experience bad - it's how you feel. You can have all characters leveled by now so you don't have to do so in "dead zones". Even then there will be tons of people leveling so you whining here is literally empty shell.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    But it’s a film you saw before and you didn’t like the first half hour of it. So why not skip ahead past the boring character building and go to the action?
    Also, a film lasts 90 to 240 minutes.

Lemme hit 58 in 240 minutes and I’ll be fine with #noboost.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Have you seen the trash blizzard puts out these days and how many franchises they killed?
    Elaborate please.

What part of "leveling is worse when less people are around" is too difficult to grasp for you?
    That’s exactly why a boost to 58 to get more folks to where they’d actually be leveling in TBC is beneficial.

These arguments are always the same. “I spent the time doing it, so should everyone else”, and that’s just not a convincing argument when we’re talking potentially weeks for a casual player to level to a point where they can actually play TBC zones with everyone else.

At one per account, this is so insignificant. In the time this thread has existed, how many characters have been dungeon boosted?

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Wo says I won't? I plan on having a paladin as a Horde. I will still boost whatever I can.
    Who says i was only talking to you and not responding in a more general sense?
    Well, apparently no one plays classic as there are no people for you to level with.
    I didn't say, i said there are less people, which can result in a bad experience, as those people are naturally not always contained in the same zone or play at the same time.
    Gold is easy to buy. Also point was more like "even classic players don't like classic leveling" and if it is possible to skip something, it will be skipped.
    That's a generalizing statement, it's just very difficult to compete against the efficiency that boosts provide and the negative impact it has on the zones.
    It's just more efficient to farm the gold, pay the boosts than level a character the old fashioned way and if there is anything that has changed, it's that efficiency rules.

Even if you want to level yourself, if you fail do to any lowlevel dungeons or complete elite quests because other people are taking boosts, that's a somber experience.
    Competing against players mobs is more of a XP loss than actually completing the quest.
    Again, you make a generalizing statement, when you cannot complete lowlevel dungeons or entire questchains because they involve killing an Elite, that's significantly hampers your experience.

Of course, you can plan around it, but then that usually involves a ton of travelling to pick off quests can be done solo or simply grind mobs for XP at certain level ranges.
    You make it sound that classic zones are dead lol and you need TBC to save it..
    I think the people that want to level how it was intended should have the best possible experience, which is most certainly being hampered when the option for a boost exist.
    Most TBC players don't want to level in classic, why?
    Correction: Most people that skipped Classic and now want to play TBC.

But thanks for pointing out the obvious standpoint of people that want to buy the boost.
    Even then there will be tons of people leveling so you whining here is literally empty shell.
    The only thing i'd feel the urge to whine about is incessant need of boost advocates to make some personal comment, so no, i'm not whining, at least not what people like you accuse me of.
    When you have a problem with the simple reality that the boost goes against what the original games stands for, that's not my problem, that's on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    That’s exactly why a boost to 58 to get more folks to where they’d actually be leveling in TBC is beneficial.
    TBC leveling is already largely designed to be a solo experience, if you can't complete an elite quests, you simply do other quests, you don't always have sort of luxury in Classic.

Classic leveling is a different experience than TBC leveling, something quite a few people in that thread have pointed out in a not so positive fashion.
    These arguments are always the same. “I spent the time doing it, so should everyone else”, and that’s just not a convincing argument when we’re talking potentially weeks for a casual player to level to a point where they can actually play TBC zones with everyone else.
    This is exactly the mentality that has turned the modern into its current state and why so many people no longer seem to enjoy it.

It's the rerelease of a game, not a new one, it doesn't need bendover to cater to a certain audience, you either pick it up and play by its rules or you don't.
    Many have somehow managed to get a character to 60 in Classic without boosting, even if they are just into the endgame.

Honestly, i don't have as much as an issue with the boost itself than attitude that the people that advocate for it are displaying, because they shrug off the opinion of people that prefer the intended state of the game by citing the advantages of "accessability", despite that being in my opinion one of the prime reason why the modern game has lost its identity & appeal to me.

And, considering i've been subject to multiple personal accusations, i'm going to make my own accusation here:
    A not to insignificant portion of the people that currently say "I can't stand Classic and are happy for boost" will be throwing the towel in TBC rather quickly.
    Classic and TBC are not fundamentally different, both require patience to complete certain things and are at times very monotonous, if you can't stand that, i doubt you will faring any better in TBC.
    I'm going further and say, the people that have actually leveled their character on their own are less likely to quit (early into TBC), because they have shown some preference for that slowpaced approach or at the very least, were able to make it despite it.
    I can't say the same about the people where seemingly the first word that comes to their mind after hearing "Classic leveling" is "trash".

And then, after the people that thought TBC was so much better than Classic will realize that's actually not that different, will quit and the people that stay for the ride are left with prospect of said boost getting abused by botters & people abusing it for profession alts.
    At one per account, this is so insignificant. In the time this thread has existed, how many characters have been dungeon boosted?
    You mean something that's about to get heavily nerfed with TBC?

Let's be real, the sole reason why boosting still exists is because of #nochanges, else Blizzard would have nuked that into oblivion already.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-01 at 12:21 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

Considering this discussion is centered around skipping 1-58, i think it's not unreasonable to assume that i'm talking about the 1-58 experience.
    Besided of all trash talk. Imo boost is ok. I understand it and i can approve this idea by putting my opinion. Its option not mandatory. Im up in small changes and dont understand all #nochangers on live comfort features.

Regardless of anything - boost will be there, for the better or for the worse, but we, TBC players are happy.
    Classic leveling won't teach us anything and it is certainly not a skill challenge "scary hitting mobs" don't scare us "retailers", trust me.

TBC players are happy.
    I will be a TBC player.
    I am not happy.

Unless you want to tell me that you are the "real TBC players"?
    Classic leveling won't teach us anything and it is certainly not a skill challenge "scary hitting mobs" don't scare us "retailers", trust me.
    I haven't made a single comment about the difficulty or the learning curve involved in leveling, so you pulled that out of a place where the sun don't shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Besided of all trash talk. Imo boost is ok. I understand it and i can approve this idea by putting my opinion. Its option not mandatory. Im up in small changes and dont understand all #nochangers on live comfort features.
    Calling the boost a "comfort feature" is downright disenengous.

AoE looting or guildbanks are a "comfort feature", leveling boost is much of as a "comfort feature" as LFR or LFD is.

I will be a TBC player.
    I am not happy.
    Well, TBC players who are actually only interested in end-game. To be more specific. Even then, we are not skipping TBC leveling btw

I haven't made a single comment about the difficulty or the learning curve involved in leveling, so you pulled that out of a place where the sun don't shine.
    Did I reply to you? I did not, so you can come back to the place where I pulled that one out according to you.

I will be a TBC player.
    I am not happy.

AoE looting or guildbanks are a "comfort feature", leveling boost is much of as a "comfort feature" as LFR or LFD is.

How does this boosting service affect your gameplay?

I'm genuinely asking, how does it affect anyone's gameplay if I would buy a boost for one character per account, and that boost is to lvl58 (just to skip classic, it's not even pay to win).
    I really don't get you people, they bring TBC back, some people don't want to spend weeks on classic before they can get to TBC, this is about TBC experience, there's no TBC before lvl58 (beside blood elves and drenei starting zones, and even those you can't boost).

Why are people so afraid that this is some foretelling of disaster monetization of classic, jesus even the paid services on retail won't give you any power.
    Players who know nothing about a game and they use boost will be stuck in lfr anyways, they won't win, you will never see them beside that heroic random dungeon which doesn't matter anyways.
    In TBC it will be the same, new or bad players buying boost won't be playing with you in premade groups or guilds. You might never encounter such player, and if you do, well you can just leave that group and find another.
    Or are you guys afraid that they will add LFD/LFR tool to TBC? Really, like how paranoid can you get?...Players been boosting left and right all classic, and you don't have to play like that, the game is what you make out of it. If someone decides to skip classic to play TBC, so be it, why does it bother you?

7+ Year Old Account
    I will be a TBC player.
    I am not happy.

Thats ur opinion. For me it is. No time to play, want join TBC = buy boost. Comfort as hell. Personally i wount buy it but i'm considering any other interested in TBC could do that and thats ok for me.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like the boost idea. I played through classic raided on two toons till AQ came out. Have a 59 twink and two 60s. And yes being able to one shot people on a 59 elemental shaman in world PvP made a lot of people rage and log over to tell me how I was a loser which made it amazingly fun.

I actually don't mind having the boost. I can see how it can bring players who did not want the classic experience into the game. I know leveling through 1-58 was faster in TBC don't remember what changed other than character power.

I will be using the boost as having another character to use cooldowns on for gold is huge. It does put anyone who does not use the boost at a disadvantage but having more 60s going into TBC is also an advantage. Being able to get 10 transmute Cooldowns early on will be a huge amount of gold.

The argument that leveling makes you a better player is false. It does introduce skills at a slower rate which allows you to learn them as you get them. But over time at max level you will learn them through playing. There are many players now that leveled their characters and still don't understand simple things like auto shot clipping on hunters, or that serpent sting is not worth the mana. They leveled serpent stinging every mob and continue to try and do it in raids taking up those valuable debuff slots.

The gameplay differences between Classic and TBC are not that massive until you reach the endgame.

Disregarding that Force of Nature and Avenger's Shield aren't exactly abilities i'd call a game changer, heck, Avenger's Shield even has a cast time in TBC.
    But hey, if you still don't like that, you can also wait for the pre patch.

Considering this discussion is centered around skipping 1-58, i think it's not unreasonable to assume that i'm talking about the 1-58 experience.

Or you can just...level yourself?
    Right now?
    During pre patch?

Aha, without boosts no one would be playing TBC, thanks for the information.

Because people that are starting have the gold to pay the mage?
    And that ignores the people that want to start leveling during pre patch, where Mage boosting is nerfed heavily.

Considering that most classes very much struggle against elite mobs or even in areas such as a cave, let alone can do dungeons on their own, that is very narrow minded as it solely focuses on the aspect of an overcrowded area, which is still better than not being able to complete the aspects mentioned above.

In other words, it has less to do with you having less time, you just don't want to do it.
    At the very least, be honest about the reasons and don't hide behind your busy schedule.
    Not everyone still lives with his mom, when you have x amount hours you don't want to spend them all on single thing for months. Just so you can participate expansion you prefer, this might surprise you but not everyone likes vanilla it was great back in 2005 but now it's as much fun as playing minesweeper.

But be glad you can rub your nipples while looking at your character screen you know went from the lvl 1 journey to 70. While us grown up only did the 12 levels.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexs View Post
    Because I want it limited as fuck. Time and amount. There should be no boost in the first place.
    So you're ok with the cringe boost meta by mages but actually paying money to just skip levelin to 58 is a big no no?? Since day 1 of classic people have done all they could to spend the least amount of time leveling, this is not new.

Stop gatekeeping what people want to do with their time pls

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jabakaga View Post
    Not everyone still lives with his mom, when you have x amount hours you don't want to spend them all on single thing for months. Just so you can participate expansion you prefer, this might surprise you but not everyone likes vanilla it was great back in 2005 but now it's as much fun as playing minesweeper.

But be glad you can rub your nipples while looking at your character screen you know went from the lvl 1 journey to 70. While us grown up only did the 12 levels.
    exactly this!!
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

Why do you think grown ups would like pay to win but young people wouldn't?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    So you're ok with the cringe boost meta by mages but actually paying money to just skip levelin to 58 is a big no no?? Since day 1 of classic people have done all they could to spend the least amount of time leveling, this is not new.

Stop gatekeeping what people want to do with their time pls

- - - Updated - - -

exactly this!!
    Let's not beat around the bush with the mage boost meta either, that involves people swiping credit cards too.

A lot of these people charge well into 20-30g per reset, and that's not anything someone that hasn't already been through the experience that is classic levelling can afford without outright buying gold.

if they aren't going to make fresh servers then i don't see whats wrong with allowing new players to have an avenue to catch up to play with their friends for tbc

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Let's not beat around the bush with the mage boost meta either, that involves people swiping credit cards too.

A lot of these people charge well into 20-30g per reset, and that's not anything someone that hasn't already been through the experience that is classic levelling can afford without outright buying gold.
    Exactly! Which means that complaining about Blizzard selling ONE boost is worse than having to buy gold to fund some mage boosts in Scarlet Monastery or Maraudon?
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

Did I reply to you? I did not, so you can come back to the place where I pulled that one out according to you.
    Considering the last pages of this thread and the rather direct nature you've worded your post, it gave me the impression, yes.

I actually checked the last three pages to see whether anyone actually raised that argument, which it no one did, so you just felt the random urge to raise and counter an argument that actually nobody brought up in last few pages of this thread?

If that's case, i apologize, i think it's utterly random and rather distracting, but if that floats your boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirethas View Post
    I'm genuinely asking, how does it affect anyone's gameplay if I would buy a boost for one character per account, and that boost is to lvl58 (just to skip classic, it's not even pay to win).
    Person A wants level a regular character, Person A however discovers that there are hardly any people around to level because so many people are using the boost.
    Person A has a bad experience and feels compelled to skip ahead as well.

Disregarding the obvious potential for botters to abuse and people using it for profession alts, which will obviously negatively impact me.
    I really don't get you people, they bring TBC back, some people don't want to spend weeks on classic before they can get to TBC, this is about TBC experience, there's no TBC before lvl58 (beside blood elves and drenei starting zones, and even those you can't boost).
    Can we just put this bullshit argument about being "about the TBC experience" aside?

If it really was just about the "TBC experience", they would be giving everyone a free character boost, period, because then virtually nobody had any reason to start a character from level one. Ever.
    Only then, it would truly be about the "TBC experience".

Disregarding that the "TBC experience" in the past always involved doing Classic content first.
    Or are you guys afraid that they will add LFD/LFR tool to TBC? Really, like how paranoid can you get?
    I didn't say that, i said Blizzard used the very same reasons to justify the implementation of those features, features that are a clear breakway from the original spirit of the game, hence the recreation of the original game should stay away from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Thats ur opinion. For me it is. No time to play, want join TBC = buy boost. Comfort as hell.
    Comfort to some, degrading to others.
    I think a comfort feature should a have a large basis in the community to call it that.

By that logic, virtually anything that allows you to bypass a barrier is a "comfort feature".
    "I want to play a version of the game that requires a bigger time commitment but without the bigger time commitment".

The more you keep shitting on Classic, the more i think you'll be one of those people call it on TBC after a few weeks after realizing that TBC is still pretty slow and requires a lot of time investment.

But hey, keep the personal attacks coming, just further confirms to me what sort of people are in favour of the boost.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-01 at 05:52 PM.

"I want to play a version of the game that requires a bigger time commitment but without the bigger time commitment".

To more you keep shitting on Classic, the more i think you'll be one of those people call it on TBC after a few weeks after realizing that TBC is still pretty slow and requires a lot of time investment.

But hey, keep the personal attacks coming, just further confirms to me what sort of people are in favour of the boost.
    TBC more time committed than Vanilla?
    I played both vanilla and TBC so I know which version is harder and which version is more time commitment. I played TBC very little mostly because I was in school and Internet there was bad but I still managed to have 3 lvl 70 with heroic, karazhan and zul aman gear. Plus some arena/bg gear. Far from being cutting edge gear but I have never given shit about purple pixels as long I'm having fun. TBC is way more time friendly rather than