Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    "We are so sorry we didn't add new customizations during Shadowlands, but get hyped because come 10.x you are getting more customization options!!! BUYYYYYY"
    Its beyond pethatic.. its a core feature for gods sake!
    Its realy sad they had nothing to show altho they know ita highly requested. We gave enough feedback jeremy. Its an insult to all the people who took the effort. See my sig for more tears on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Its beyond pethatic.. its a core feature for gods sake!
    Its realy sad they had nothing to show altho they know ita highly requested. We gave enough feedback jeremy. Its an insult to all the people who took the effort. See my sig for more tears on this topic.
    Like even if they didn't promise more customizations during SL, the thing is we let A LOT slide under the assumption all races would be brought to the same level in an ongoing process. Mind you, a huge issue is that the level of cosnsitency between races is HIGHLY fluctuating.

You have your Orcs and Night Elves and Humans looking like a million bucks, and then you have Blood Elves and Worgen with the bare minimim, and then you have AR well bellow that.

But there was the tacit understanding on this "ongoing process" so we were all game for waiting, but for them just dropping it and saying "we'll add more when we feel like it" feels really scummy, not even a "for now no more, but we are already working on more concrete stuff for next expansion" or "nothing major this expansion, but we are adding more skin tones, hair colors and eye colors" nothing of the sort.

So, Blizzard has played their card. I was wondering whether they'd take this route.

There will be more customization options for Void elves, of course they will add them in the future. But they'll do that as a bonus feature for like 9.3 or 10.0, when they need to bring back people after a long hiatus.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    So, Blizzard has played their card. I was wondering whether they'd take this route.

There will be more customization options for Void elves, of course they will add them in the future. But they'll do that as a bonus feature for like 9.3 or 10.0, when they need to bring back people after a long hiatus.
    I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Blizzard has an absolutely piss-poor track record of returning to/further iterating on expansion features from before. Especially when their only remaining obligation is some weaselly "yeah, maybe perhaps in the future after Shadowlands when it makes sense," type statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Blizzard has an absolutely piss-poor track record of returning to/further iterating on expansion features from before. Especially when their only remaining obligation is some weaselly "yeah, maybe perhaps in the future after Shadowlands when it makes sense," type statement.
    Void elves are one of the most played Alliance races in the game. This is insane once you realize that Void elves were introduced only a few years ago and, until Shadowlands, required Exalted with a specific reputation to be unlocked. Yet they still manage to rank very highly on the list of most played Alliance races.

Blizzard doesn't ignore numbers. They know Void elves are popular, so they'll be giving them customization options when they need to get people back into the game.

Why shouldn't allied races receive new customization options like the core races? If anything, they are MORE entitled to them, since allied races were always treated as a unique/special version of the core races.

I need that starcursed hair already. Chop chop Blizz, no excuses!

I need actual new customization options, because ultimately what Void elves have gotten so far is NOT new customization options. All they got was a reskin, different eye colours, and bald hair option. Those are not new options LMAO, or anyway they are not at all on the level of:

- New faces
    - New hairstyles
    - New jewelry
    - New unique options like corruption options

Which is, you know, the bare minimum that core races got.

- New faces
    I don't think "new faces" will happen. The only reason why Humans and Forsaken got new faces was because Blizzard wanted to be inclusive.

As far as the majority of races, like night elves, blood elves, draenei, orcs etc - they got new facial features (like the night elf facial scars), but not "new faces" per say. I reckon, the allied races will follow the same boat, possibly with the exception of Kul'Tiran, but watch this space.

I need actual new customization options, because ultimately what Void elves have gotten so far is NOT new customization options. All they got was a reskin, different eye colours, and bald hair option. Those are not new options LMAO, or anyway they are not at all on the level of:

- New faces
    - New hairstyles
    - New jewelry
    - New unique options like corruption options

Which is, you know, the bare minimum that core races got.
    many more and better options than the other allied race.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Then go make megathreads for those allied races, this is the Void elf/High elf megathread.

Yeah, go make a Mechagnomes megathread, I'm sure it won't die within 3 hours LOLOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Right?! Compared to Dark Irons or Nightborne the Velfs made out like bandits.

What a nonsensical argument.

So Void elves shouldn't receive new customization options just because the other allied races are shittier?

That makes no sense at all, it's like saying "She doesn't deserve any present for Christmas because she's hot while there are so many ugly girls who are in a much worse condition."

I don't care if the other allied races are garbage lol, that's their problem and I don't see why the Void elves should be punished for it. I want the Void elves to receive the same customization overhaul that core races got.

What a nonsensical argument.

So Void elves shouldn't receive new customization options just because the other allied races are shittier?

That makes no sense at all, it's like saying "She doesn't deserve any present for Christmas because she's hot while there are so many ugly girls who are in a much worse condition."

I don't care if the other allied races are garbage lol, that's their problem and I don't see why the Void elves should be punished for it. I want the Void elves to receive the same customization overhaul that core races got.
    A) I do not have the ability to give 1/4 of beetle shit what you want/think about it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2) Nw that's out of the way, Yeah, I think until they spread out more customization, no need to look in the Velf's direction at this time. They got nearly double the customs of the lowest ARs. Looks like mission accomplished for now. UNLESS it's to add actual High Elves/their own customs. Maybe they'll lead off with some new Velf stuff in 11.0. I'm looking forward to it. Unlike your weird obsession about it, I'm a Velf fan, and would love more customs, but I also can see that they got a lot of love in the recent go. They can rest for now.

3+ Year Old Account
    unfortunately for us no more customizations when it was literally the selling point of Shadowlands
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    Right?! Compared to Dark Irons or Nightborne the Velfs made out like bandits.
    The bar is so low tho; all VE's got where reused BE assets. Like I do appreciate them, but bar so low.

None of the AR got new assets; a couple of eye colors at best for some -VE's and Zandalari AFAIK- but yeah. On one hand, it does show that even swapping some assets adds a lot of variety.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    I don't think "new faces" will happen. The only reason why Humans and Forsaken got new faces was because Blizzard wanted to be inclusive.

As far as the majority of races, like night elves, blood elves, draenei, orcs etc - they got new facial features (like the night elf facial scars), but not "new faces" per say. I reckon, the allied races will follow the same boat, possibly with the exception of Kul'Tiran, but watch this space.
    I do think new facial geometry for more races would be awesome; the way it works is basically adding an alternative mesh, much like how hairstyles work.

Doesn't have to be as in depth or 1:1 analogy how humans work, but, let's say, a different jaw + nose options would work pretty well across the board -it's even something goblins have had since their playable introduction!-

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    A) I do not have the ability to give 1/4 of beetle shit what you want/think about it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2) Nw that's out of the way, Yeah, I think until they spread out more customization, no need to look in the Velf's direction at this time. They got nearly double the customs of the lowest ARs. Looks like mission accomplished for now. UNLESS it's to add actual High Elves/their own customs. Maybe they'll lead off with some new Velf stuff in 11.0. I'm looking forward to it. Unlike your weird obsession about it, I'm a Velf fan, and would love more customs, but I also can see that they got a lot of love in the recent go. They can rest for now.
    That is a really bad idea. I mean, by the time 11.0 hits, it will have been another 4.5 years. I mean, I could be DEAD by then. That's an awful long time to wait for some hair stuff dude. The hype is NOW, and if they take much longer to deliver I will either have completely different gaming interests, or I will be in the Horde, or I'll just be in a different game. But ain't no way in hell I'll sit around and just wait like a martyr for some hair stuff, which frankly should be quick enough and easy to implement. They don't wanna do it, fine, but I won't sit around to wait for them for too long.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    unfortunately for us no more customizations when it was literally the selling point of Shadowlands
    That's exactly why they're holding it off till the next expansion. Sucks major dick imo, but from a financial perspective it makes perfect sense. Remember how many comments Blizzard made saying 'we're floored by the reception of customizations' they probably then realized it's quite up there with getting a new race/class (probably even further up nowadays tbh).

So now it's going to be a selling feature of expansions, just like many games sell cosmetics in a way. Pretty annoying due to how they spinned 'it's an ongoing process' (made it sound like more would come during an expansion), but it is what it is. Because saying 'it's an ongoing process' as if to say 'every expansion we'll have more!' is redundant and unnecessary, it's like raids and dungeons - they're an ongoing process too, but no one needs to be told it is because it's a given.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleann View Post
    They don't wanna do it, fine, but I won't sit around to wait for them for too long.
    Imo, don't wait for em. The cat's out of the bag with getting more Void Elf/High Elf customizations now thanks for their blog post they did. In time more will come, Blizzard is just strange with how little they allow players to improve their character's customization.

But the toughest part is done: getting High Elf aesthetics validated on Alliance side.

Just unsub for now if the game isn't fun then come back to it when it is, that's how I treat the game, even through all the pushing for High Elf aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleann View Post
    That is a really bad idea. I mean, by the time 11.0 hits, it will have been another 4.5 years. I mean, I could be DEAD by then. That's an awful long time to wait for some hair stuff dude. The hype is NOW, and if they take much longer to deliver I will either have completely different gaming interests, or I will be in the Horde, or I'll just be in a different game. But ain't no way in hell I'll sit around and just wait like a martyr for some hair stuff, which frankly should be quick enough and easy to implement. They don't wanna do it, fine, but I won't sit around to wait for them for too long.
    Hey I AGREE with you, I hate that it's looking like they're stopping the custom's for now, to seemingly use them again as "features". ESPECIALLY with Velf/Belf hair/colors, Orc/Maghar, Dwarf/Dark Irons where it's literally on the same model. My only point to Captain Banned Velf was that Velfs got a lot and should be grateful that they're not Nightborne.

If it were up to me, every .5 and X.0 patch would have something in the way of customs. I realize new faces and brand new hair is asking a lot, but giving Maghar the long straight hair that the green bois got? Giving Velfs more Belf hairs? Letting Dark Irons have Dwarf beards and separate beard/nose beards? That's not ground breaking shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    You know I really wish there Threads in terms when it comes down to High Elves of Both Kinds wasn't locked or shutdown on here. Sucks you can't even do a simple High Elf Vote of Blood Elves or Void Elves of who's better without it getting shutdown.

So yea I still see that MMO Champion still doesn't allow High Elf Threads to stay long except for the Official One and other two which are Blood Elf and Void Elf Threads.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkknight97 View Post
    You know I really wish there Threads in terms when it comes down to High Elves of Both Kinds wasn't locked or shutdown on here. Sucks you can't even do a simple High Elf Vote of Blood Elves or Void Elves of who's better without it getting shutdown.

So yea I still see that MMO Champion still doesn't allow High Elf Threads to stay long except for the Official One and other two which are Blood Elf and Void Elf Threads.
    What the fuck even is the point of having separate High Elf / Blood Elf / Void Elf threads? They are all High Elves?? The High Elf thread seems terribly redundant.