10+ Year Old Account
    So Trump took to CPAC and it was pretty much as expected.

He compared the Capitol murderous insurrection to race-related riots, saying "nobody seems to be bothered by that."

He said the pre-murderous-insurrection rally was a "beautiful thing".

He claimed the National Guard offered to send 10,000 troops to defend the Capitol but that Congress turned it down. Forgetting, of course, that Trump is in charge of the National Guard. He's been caught lying about that before.

And of course, as mentioned before, he said he won the election, attacked every Republican who didn't back his claims, etc etc.

LOL
    Trump got vaccinated in Jan before 99.9% of the country

What a dirty cunt. Could not even admit it

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/01/trum...n-january.html
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

This was missed this past week among other things but they found that voter fraud Trump's been going on about--oh, wait...

Four people, including justice of the peace, arrested on 150 counts of voter fraud

Yep, it's the GOP again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Trump got vaccinated in Jan before 99.9% of the country
    This wouldn't have been so bad, if Trump hadn't claimed chloroquine flu hoax the entire time. Honestly, the President should be near first of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Yep, it's the GOP again.
    Because of course it is.

For all those who didn't click on Benggaul's link, first of all shame on you it's like a 30-second read, second of all that's organized voter fraud. Which is a key distinction. One guy asking for ten ballots? That's a paddling. One guy making a team to attack democracy? That's a prisonin'

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So Trump took to CPAC and it was pretty much as expected.

He compared the Capitol murderous insurrection to race-related riots, saying "nobody seems to be bothered by that."

He said the pre-murderous-insurrection rally was a "beautiful thing".

He claimed the National Guard offered to send 10,000 troops to defend the Capitol but that Congress turned it down. Forgetting, of course, that Trump is in charge of the National Guard. He's been caught lying about that before.

And of course, as mentioned before, he said he won the election, attacked every Republican who didn't back his claims, etc etc.
    My favorite was how he bragged how united the party was, then proceeded to call out all his enemies in the GoP sitting in congress by name.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    I've been thinking. Since the news came out about the Crazy Pillow Guy getting muted after launching into conspiracies over the voting machine litigation. Isn't it about time the US Government sue Trump and news outlets peddling in conspiracy about Joe losing the election so that every time Trump brings this up, they start self-censoring just like CPAC censored Crazy Pillow Guy?
    No. You don't want the actual US Government suing people over this kind of thing, that strays dangerously close to real censorship and first amendment violations. Let the private individuals and companies that were being attacked in the conspiracies do the suing, they can do so without the extra baggage of being the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Art of the Deal and a McDonald’s menu. The former would require as asterisk stating Trump never actually read the book he paid someone else to write.
    There is one of his ex wives that said he kept a book about Hitler's speeches next to his bed. https://www.businessinsider.com/dona...his-bed-2015-8

Monday quick report:

53,147 new cases is about 6k fewer than last Monday. Like Sundays, Mondays aren't very accurate, but this small of a difference is fairly disappointing compared to weeks past.

1,439 deaths is a little under 100 more than last Monday and brings the total to 527,226. Again, it's disappointing that it's gone up, but Mondays aren't usually very indicative of trends and numbers from last Monday were still a bit suppressed thanks to the winter storm. I still expect to see numbers in the range of 2k for the rest of the week which, while not good, is half what we were getting about a month ago.

WHO panel 'strongly' advises against use of hydroxychloroquine to prevent COVID-19--No, we haven't time warped back to last year. Trump's disinformation campaign has been so extensive that this warning still has to be shouted from the rooftops. Fuck Trump.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Trump put out an "enemies" list
    I bet McConnell is so glad he had that talk with Trump before CPAC. It seems to have worked perfectly.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Monday quick report:

53,147 new cases is about 6k fewer than last Monday. Like Sundays, Mondays aren't very accurate, but this small of a difference is fairly disappointing compared to weeks past.

1,439 deaths is a little under 100 more than last Monday and brings the total to 527,226. Again, it's disappointing that it's gone up, but Mondays aren't usually very indicative of trends and numbers from last Monday were still a bit suppressed thanks to the winter storm. I still expect to see numbers in the range of 2k for the rest of the week which, while not good, is half what we were getting about a month ago.

WHO panel 'strongly' advises against use of hydroxychloroquine to prevent COVID-19--No, we haven't time warped back to last year. Trump's disinformation campaign has been so extensive that this warning still has to be shouted from the rooftops. Fuck Trump.

Stay safe, folks.
    I'm just intellectually stunned that that warning still has to go out, because of that bloated warthog of a shit-stain Trump. The damage he caused will be with us for generations.

- - - Updated - - -

I bet McConnell is so glad he had that talk with Trump before CPAC. It seems to have worked perfectly.
    Lol, right? The only way Trump doesn't lie is when his mouth is closed.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...b6d7794ae01026

Huh, so Cawthorn's friend is disputing the allegations he "left him to die in a fiery tomb". Will be a shocker if it ends up Cawthorn lied about how he was paralyzed and slandered his "friend".

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Huh, so Cawthorn's friend is disputing the allegations he "left him to die in a fiery tomb". Will be a shocker if it ends up Cawthorn lied about how he was paralyzed and slandered his "friend".
    Jesus... I know the GOP has a tenuous relationship with reality at best, but what possible justification could there be to lie about something like that? You'd think a car crash that paralyzed you would be enough of a harrowing story to impress the masses without throwing your "friend" under the bus like that as well.

GOP Rep in lying douchebag ‘shock’.

He's lied about many things other than just the crash and he also has been accused of sexual harassment. He's also made many racist comments as well. He's really just Trump on wheels.

The Ignominious Deceits of Congressman Cawthorn

Madison Cawthorn: Women allege sexual misconduct against North Carolina GOP lawmaker as his biography is under new scrutiny

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    He's lied about many things other than just the crash and he also has been accused of sexual harassment. He's also made many racist comments as well. He's really just Trump on wheels.

Madison Cawthorn: Women allege sexual misconduct against North Carolina GOP lawmaker as his biography is under new scrutiny
    strange i can't find a single instance of this on fox news.
    Kind of hard to find anything with them so focused on Cuomo's "sexual allegations"
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post

It feels like now that he's no longer present, talking about other Republican shitshows in this thread is no longer topical.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Jesus... I know the GOP has a tenuous relationship with reality at best, but what possible justification could there be to lie about something like that? You'd think a car crash that paralyzed you would be enough of a harrowing story to impress the masses without throwing your "friend" under the bus like that as well.
    Cawthorn’s story is a pretty strong example of how much a shitshow US healthcare is but he can’t be honest about it because that would undermine the GOP’s belief in for profit healthcare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Cawthorn’s story is a pretty strong example of how much a shitshow US healthcare is
    For those of you who didn't read about the original incident (not you specifically Ivan), he was a teenager crushed in a car crash.

- - - Updated - - -

Alex Jones turns on Donald Trump.

It’s the truth, and I’m just going to say it: that I wish I never would have fucking met Trump. I wish it never would have happened. And it’s not the attacks I’ve been through. I’m so sick of fucking Donald Trump, man. God, I’m fucking sick of him. And I’m not doing this because, like, I’m kissing his fucking ass, you know. It’s, like, I’m sick of it.
    Oh man, can't wait to see the fallout over this one! You know, amongst all of Alex Jones' six remaining viewers.

For those of you who didn't read about the original incident (not you specifically Ivan), he was a teenager crushed in a car crash.
    I don’t know what’s more horrifying. Getting your spine crushed or jumping through legal battles to get your $3M medical debt cleared.

https://atkattorneys.com/2019/11/15/2010/

Of course he’s fine with this. Competition will take care of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I don’t know what’s more horrifying. Getting your spine crushed or jumping through legal battles to get your $3M medical debt cleared.
    That's where I was going with that, yeah.

Leaving aside what Cawthord did afterwards and why, stories like this (sudden massive medical bills) are why we have the ACA. Well, what's left of it. Only a fat orange fucktard would want to throw people back into that, especially during a lethal outbreak they helped cause.