Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Political compass?

This one?
    Why do you people not get this.....

You saying you're not con and showing a graph (that anyone can game) saying your not con is less convincing proof than your posting history which shows you as con.

The things you care the most about and are most vocal about fall in line with cons.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Why do you people not get this.....

You saying your X and showing a graph (that anyone can game) saying your X is less convincing proof than your posting history.
    And why would I game a test like that?

Because you're hellbent on trying to prove you're not what your posting history says you are.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll rephrase what I said earlier;

You've presented a certain set of responses and positions while posting on these forums. That's what people are judging you based upon.

Pointing to self-analyses, even graphs, which include a whole lot of positions you've never made any effort to discuss here won't convince anyone they're wrong. Because they're not. They can only operate off the evidence they've got, which is your stated views. You insisting you have other views that change the overall is legitimate, but unless you start posting about those views as much as the others, people can't see that.

They're drawing conclusions based on the full body of evidence they have available. If you think the conclusion is wrong because of how incomplete that evidence is, you should present them with better, more complete evidence; broaden your participation and express those views they've never seen.

You keep acting as if they're misrepresenting your positions, but they aren't. They've got those positions pegged pretty accurately. They may not be the full story, but that's because you haven't given them the full picture. Can't blame someone when you show them a picture of the butt of a horse, and they say it's a horse, and you keep insisting it's really a hippogriff and they just can't see the front half. Show them the rest of the picture. Rather than pretending that they should automatically assume "hippogriff" when all they see is horse butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Because you're hellbent on trying to prove you're not what your posting history says you are.
    Lmao, that one is from 2017 when I had pretty much started posting here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post46932913

7+ Year Old Account
    Potentially to pretend to have a different political affiliation in order to try and give some sort of legitimacy to your positions. A good example of that is how conservatives pretend to be liberals or centrists in order to try and put up a guise of reasonability to what they say. One notable individual who employs this is Tim Pool, who claims to be a centrist, formerly a liberal who was pro-Burnie, that also speaks out in support of groups like Project Veritas, against the removal of Tommy Robinson (anti-Islam activist) from social media, and has a long history of broadly agreeing with conservative guests while more aggressively engaging with more liberal ones.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Lmao, that one is from 2017 when I had pretty much started posting here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post46932913
    So basically you think showing us that you've been trying to convince us for 3-4 years that you aren't conservative by using the same tactics, somehow proves you aren't conservative?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just screen shotted a bunch for you from no longer than a year ago. Many are recent posts.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Potentially to pretend to have a different political affiliation in order to try and give some sort of legitimacy to your positions. A good example of that is how conservatives pretend to be liberals or centrists in order to try and put up a guise of reasonability to what they say. One notable individual who employs this is Tim Pool, who claims to be a centrist, formerly a liberal who was pro-Burnie, that also speaks out in support of groups like Project Veritas, against the removal of Tommy Robinson (anti-Islam activist) from social media, and has a long history of broadly agreeing with conservative guests while more aggressively engaging with more liberal ones.
    What point would that even serve? This is just a past time where I go when I'm bored and have nothing else to do.

7+ Year Old Account
    What point would that even serve? This is just a past time where I go when I'm bored and have nothing else to do.
    Sure, and many people play video games as an activity when they are bored and have nothing else to do. Does that mean they don't want to win? That they don't care about winning? Everyone has an ego and wants to be perceived as right (or win, in the case of video games). An easy way to deceive people into sharing a position is to masquerade as someone who would otherwise be politically aligned with them and hope that they don't critically analyze what is being said. This is how people like Tim Pool and Sargon of Akkad gained followings, they pretended to hold left-leaning positions while espousing awkward mixtures of mildly left-leaning and right-leaning opinions, which were a bait in order to normalize right-leaning positions that slowly became their focus. It would be impossible for me to ascribe the malintent that those influencers have, though espousing a specific set of beliefs while simultaneously professing to have a set of beliefs in direct contradiction to the aforementioned set implies some attempt at manipulation.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Sure, and many people play video games as an activity when they are bored and have nothing else to do. Does that mean they don't want to win? That they don't care about winning? Everyone has an ego and wants to be perceived as right (or win, in the case of video games). An easy way to deceive people into sharing a position is to masquerade as someone who would otherwise be politically aligned with them and hope that they don't critically analyze what is being said. This is how people like Tim Pool and Sargon of Akkad gained followings, they pretended to hold left-leaning positions while espousing awkward mixtures of mildly left-leaning and right-leaning opinions, which were a bait in order to normalize right-leaning positions that slowly became their focus. It would be impossible for me to ascribe the malintent that those influencers have, though espousing a specific set of beliefs while simultaneously professing to have a set of beliefs in direct contradiction to the aforementioned set implies some attempt at manipulation.
    You think I would do this? Put that much effort into a forum that I only visit when I'm bored and that I can disappear from for months at a time because I just don't see any reason to visit, where people have no influence on anything political at all in the real world in my vicinity? No, that's not me.

I've been thinking about moving away from here due to the right wing for quite some time, even by Korean standards the city is very conservative and I don't like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flathet View Post
    Nice city, first thing I see when I google it.
    Yikes forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    You think I would do this? Put that much effort into a forum that I only visit when I'm bored and that I can disappear from for months at a time because I just don't see any reason to visit, where people have no influence on anything political at all in the real world in my vicinity? No, that's not me.

I've been thinking about moving away from here due to the right wing for quite some time, even by Korean standards the city is very conservative and I don't like it.
    You wouldn't be the first. Nor would you be the last.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Nice city, first thing I see when I google it.
    Where does it say that? That's clearly exaggerated. You could encounter someone that's openly hostile but most people who don't approve of that will leave you alone, silently judging you instead.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2021-03-01 at 09:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wikipedia.
    huh?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daegu

control + f "advisory" = no results

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    huh?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daegu

control + f "advisory" = no results
    this wikipedia

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daegu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    So out of 3 wikis only one makes it a large issue.

https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Daegu#Q20927

Like the rest of Korea, all of Daegu is safe at any time of the day. However, westerners, especially minorities or men with Korean women, may encounter hostility from drunken men, but this is increasingly rare.
    I'm willing to bet it would be no different than coming across a drunk racist person in the US. Does it happen? sure. Is it wide spread and a large issue? no.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    So out of 3 wikis only one makes it a large issue.

https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Daegu#Q20927

I'm willing to bet it would be no different than coming across a drunk racist person in the US. Does it happen? sure. Is it wide spread and a large issue? no.
    Sounds about right, never been so couldn't tell ya, and don't trust the resident to be honest either.

I honestly have no idea really. It all depends on how the classify the groups, which is the problem. From reading the last administration seemed to be more worried about the actual groups, supremacists, anarchist,etc because whether you are part of the left or right groups, it was the group type that mattered more. I find it funny that people today still try to just through everyone they don't like into the other side.

Case in point. There is a group. The are pro universal health Care, pro separate safe spaces, pro "my truth/your truth", pro looking at things through the lens of color, pro separate cultures and non appropriation, Basically almost all of their views are seemingly a left wing outlook. The group is called right wing because they are a bunch of white supremacists even though by every normal metric they are left wing. Saying they are right wing or left wing doesn't change the fact that they are an abhorrent group.

It has been said for a long time. The democrats think republicans are evil, republicans think democrats are crazy and stupid. Most people knew enough to say both are wrong because they knew the truth is that there is evil and stupid on both sides. The problem now is that overall, that's the cream that seemed to have risen to the top. Yes, on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    Case in point. There is a group. The are pro universal health Care, pro separate safe spaces, pro "my truth/your truth", pro looking at things through the lens of color, pro separate cultures and non appropriation, Basically almost all of their views are seemingly a left wing outlook. The group is called right wing because they are a bunch of white supremacists even though by every normal metric they are left wing. Saying they are right wing or left wing doesn't change the fact that they are an abhorrent group.
    What group?