Page 45 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I know this is kind of out of the left field, but my thoughts about Agatha being possessed and that entity being able to suck up powers and life, like it did in her flashback, made me think about Thor's words in Age of Ultron, about the 'whirlpool that sucks in all life and at it's center... it's that', the mindstone. I know it was meant to be about Ultron and Infinity War and everything, but the situation in Wandavision seems awfully fitting. Maybe because the magic around Wanda looked so much like a whirlpool when she created the Hex and now that Agatha know how to make that magic erupt out of Wanda, she/the entity possessing her might try to snack on yo magic enough that it could destroy the universe and the only thing stopping that might be if Vision (her created Vision) is there to calm Wanda down and stabilize her enough that she doesn't feel anough grief to 'erupt'. Or to help her stop it.

I don't know, it just never seemed so fitting for Ultron or even Infinity War, because none of that was about any whirlpool sucking up life ^^

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Agatha being possessed and that entity being able to suck up powers and life, like it did in her flashback
    Is she possessed? I figured she was practicing forbidden magic and was just trying to save her skin (or avoiding having to fight a whole bunch of people) by acting innocent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Is she possessed? I figured she was practicing forbidden magic and was just trying to save her skin (or avoiding having to fight a whole bunch of people) by acting innocent.
    It could go either way. She does make reference to a power she just wants to learn to control before the death of her coven. It could have been a lie or it could be she is connected to a darker power. Her magic did seem a little uncontrolled when tied to the stake but nothing was clearly indicated.

I just wish there would be a Season 2 but all of these Marvel shows seem to be one season. But maybe we could get a New Salem spinoff to further cover magic from all of this. They could always do a season 2 of this show by just having normal sitcom hi-jinks as well I guess. Nothing overly connected to the greater MCU but still fun/interesting to watch.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Is she possessed? I figured she was practicing forbidden magic and was just trying to save her skin by acting innocent.
    I don't know if she's actually possessed, it just seemed like that to me from how her failed execution played out. If she had access to that power while they were dragging her to the stake, they'd never have gotten her there. She first pleads with them and after her mother shouts at her, her attitude and voice change a little and she 'confesses', then she starts pleading again, almost warningly saying she can't control it, then she lets them almost burn her alive with their magic until she suddenly stands upright and starts emanating that purple magic, draining them. As that happens she looks around seemingly surprised, which is unneccessary as a lie, because any lie is meaningless at this point.
    Had she been in full control of that power, she could have simply killed them all before being half burned and spared herself quite a bad experience.

With Wanda she talks about how she had to practice and work so long to even master the smallest spells and how she couldn't even comprehend how Wanda could have cast so many spells all at once, which after her display at Salem is either simply another lie or whoever was casting that life draining spell doesn't share their powers usually.

Her powers also seem to change color, from a light purple to a purple mixed with thick black smoke.

At the end of the episode, she finally knows what Wanda is and seems almost shocked, but she still lures her out of the basement, where she'd have full control and Wanda couldn't do anything, onto the streets, even aggravating Wanda (with the kids) as if she was trying to provoke her into using her powers. I don't think even a very powerhungry witch would do that at this point, so I think she has been overtaken by her 'entity' again, who wants to snack on Wanda's powers while she is using them against Agatha.

So, that's why I think she's possessed, but of course that's just a theory.

I just read through 9 pages of people swearing at each other over the definitional differences between the words "crumbling" and "falling apart" and also between "being sucked in" or "pulled back". That was mind-numbing.

I have a question: the cop outside Westview tells Woo and Monica that Westview doesn't exist, and that he comes from Eastview. We all assume that means Wanda created the entire town, but now we know Westview existed in reality before Wanda even knew about it and that Vision supposedly bought a plot of land there, and Wanda just manipulated it. Is there any explanation for this or are we just supposed to assume the cop was being an asshole to two federal agents?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Brie Larson won the Oscar for carrying a movie mostly by herself right before she was officially cast as Captain Marvel...
    Larson's only notable role that stuck with me before Captain Marvel was her short stint on Community.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Mentor Agnes - Agnes believes that Wanda needs to learn how to properly harness her magic, especially being a witch with a ton of potential. She will teach Wanda a lot more about her powers..
    Like she did in the comics at one point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Worth Knowing View Post
    Agatha only said she possessed him (and it's "faux," by the way, not "fox"). I doubt she has the power to give someone a superpower, let alone superspeed, so it very well could be the X-Men Quicksilver still; she just twisted his mind in her favor and/or implanted false memory of that world's Piotr. Do note that faux can also mean "not genuine" not simply "fake," which fits here; he isn't the genuine Piotr Wanda knew, but that doesn't mean he's not a Piotr/Peter.
    No. She said "fake Pietro, Fietro."

Steve had time to grow a beard, I'm sure Vision could have found a few moments to buy an unused plot of land.
    He grew the beard between CW and IW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    I just read through 9 pages of people swearing at each other over the definitional differences between the words "crumbling" and "falling apart" and also between "being sucked in" or "pulled back". That was mind-numbing.

I have a question: the cop outside Westview tells Woo and Monica that Westview doesn't exist, and that he comes from Eastview. We all assume that means Wanda created the entire town, but now we know Westview existed in reality before Wanda even knew about it and that Vision supposedly bought a plot of land there, and Wanda just manipulated it. Is there any explanation for this or are we just supposed to assume the cop was being an asshole to two federal agents?
    I'm assuming they were trying to keep people out basically. I mean I'm sure they quickly found out before anyone else if they lived in a nearby town.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is clear that that town existed since there is a exit sign for it on the Freeway when Monica arrives. It is just that the Hex, Wanda, Agatha, or something has erased the existence of the town. Jimmy explains this when he tells Monica why he called her in. The friends, relatives, associates etc of his witness have never actually heard of the guy. So whatever hid it was only local to the area and those that lived nearby.

Anyone that wasn't connected to a person in-town or nearby seems to still have knowledge of the town. This includes computers/data as well.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    When the memory erasure of people was mentioned and I think it was Monica who asked woo why they could remember the person others couldn’t I thought it was caused by something that didn’t affect blipped people. But that plot was so long ago it didn’t seem to matter.

- - - Updated - - -

I always took it that their memory of it was altered and erased, that’s why woo had Monica stand where she did when she talked to the cops, with the sign juxtaposed right behind them, that they couldn’t remember the town or even register the remnants of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

15+ Year Old Account
    That presupposes that Woo was blipped. We don’t really know if he was or wasn’t, but it’d be weird if he came back and was immediately working with a person in witness protection.
    I just googled it and their was an interview where Jimmy (Randall Park) says he asked around but never got a straight answer. But he feels like he was not blipped because he does the magic tricks he was introduced to in Ant-man. https://twitter.com/djkevlar/status/1357470799653859330

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    Larson's only notable role that stuck with me before Captain Marvel was her short stint on Community.
    Not that my opinion actually matters to anyone, but I think the kid in Room was a more compelling actor than Brie lol - especially since I had no clue who she was personally when I first saw it and just thought she was pretty meh— in my mind she stood out because the story itself was good And she did her part.

Caveat— totally realize she can be seen as great by others for this role and they think she was fantastic, I just didn’t feel the same way- and my opinion literally means nothing

Lol

15+ Year Old Account
    That presupposes that Woo was blipped. We don’t really know if he was or wasn’t, but it’d be weird if he came back and was immediately working with a person in witness protection.
    Doesn’t seem weirder than Monica being sent there.

Separate from everything this reminded me I had a dream where the russos released the “official” math behind who was blipped.

Which was that you could boost chances to avoid it

People with powers +40
    Villains +20
    Anyone who could be a villain or sexual partner of Deadpool in the future +20

Everything is additive. Made sense at the time.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account

It's possible it was unincorporated and under development.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's looking more like Bettany really was talking about himself.

Since the actor isn’t afraid to joke around in interviews, was this secret character just a case of Bettany trolling fans? Is the big cameo, an actor Bettany has amazing “chemistry” with, just himself?

“I’m gonna let Paul Bettany answer that question. He dug himself this hole. He can get out of it,” director Matt Shakman told HuffPost on Monday.

When asked again if Bettany had just been joking and White Vision was the cameo, Shakman stuck to his guns: “I don’t know. We’ll have to let Paul answer that question.”
    https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/wanda...205546201.html

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    It's looking more like Bettany really was talking about himself.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/wanda...205546201.html
    Paul Bettany is a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I just googled it and their was an interview where Jimmy (Randall Park) says he asked around but never got a straight answer. But he feels like he was not blipped because he does the magic tricks he was introduced to in Ant-man. https://twitter.com/djkevlar/status/1357470799653859330
    I would also I add I doubt anyone who was blipped but in the FBI would within a few weeks be put straight into a missing person case. There are likely 5 years of new rules, laws and procedures to catch up on. If anything a blipped FBI agent would be back at stage 1 initiation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I would also I add I doubt anyone who was blipped but in the FBI would within a few weeks be put straight into a missing person case. There are likely 5 years of new rules, laws and procedures to catch up on. If anything a blipped FBI agent would be back at stage 1 initiation.
    Again, I don't see how it's weirder than Monica doing the same. Missing persons for the FBI also seems like the exact thing you'd send them out on. Busywork. Makes them go out and reacquaint with things instead of just doing searches on a computer. Agencies probably have to deal with people trickling in, and this is a way of getting them involved when there aren't yet classes instituted to reintegrate people. At this early point classes seem hard to conduct with the unpredictable amounts of people who'd be in them.

But all that said I don't have strong feelings about whether or not he did (I'll take any Agents of Atlas I can, and being functional during the blip them seems like an opportunity) but it's the only answer I could think of as to why those 2 specifically weren't affected by w/e was messing with people's memories.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-03-01 at 10:21 PM.

It's not exactly a standard Missing Persons case. Woo said it was a missing WitSec protectee, which is already a huge deal, and perhaps even huger based on the case they're involved in.

It's pretty mundane for SWORD though. It's clear they have some kind of off-world presence at this time, so some random person going missing on Earth is probably fairly low on their priority list. And after the latest episode it's clear SWORD had no clue what was happening until Darcy managed to tap into the signal coming out of there. So for Monica it's definitely a busywork assignment while policy is sorted out.

Which, now that I think about it, also explains why Hayward was rushing to get back to HQ immediately after the reveal. He had to see for himself that Vision's corpse was still in the lab.

15+ Year Old Account
    With all that’s going on in the world a missing witsec person seems small potatoes for the fbi