Thread: Baldurs Gate 3

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    Hey, what is the state of the game atm? Bugs, no bugs?
    Is it in it's final form? I saw someone ask about act 2 or something like that, but no reply to his question.
    Thanks.
    There’re afew bugs but they mostly minor things.
    Keep in mind that the studio is working on content beyond what they releasing to the current player base. So further acts probably won’t be released till the game release date, since Act 1 is more then enough to test for bug/balance issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow, fuck. 4h into the game and 2 crashes already, and the autosave system SUCKS

what the fuck does it even mean in save options? num autosaves num quicksaves???? both is on 15
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    what the fuck does it even mean in save options? num autosaves num quicksaves???? both is on 15
    Autosaves are saves done by the game, quicksaves are saves done by the player via a hotkey. That number is how many you're allowed to have of each at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    wow, fuck. 4h into the game and 2 crashes already, and the autosave system SUCKS
    Welcome to Early Access. Bugs and crashes are to be expected. Find a system not to your liking or isn't up to snuff? Provide feedback on how you think it could be made better.

If you were looking for a polished experience, you should have taken Sven's (the director of the game) advice and waited till the full launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    Hey, what is the state of the game atm? Bugs, no bugs?
    Is it in it's final form? I saw someone ask about act 2 or something like that, but no reply to his question.
    Thanks.
    We're almost certainly months out from the final form - the best estimate they had when they launched early access in October was "at least a year in early access" so the soonest we can maybe expect the final form is in October...but it might take longer, depending on how much content they are making and how much bug fixing, polishing, and changes due to feedback they end up making.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Does the EA still only have 1 act of the game? I -really- want to play the game, but i rather wait for an end product, with a full release, but that seems a couple of years away, at this rate.
    Still only Act 1.

If you're definitely set on waiting for the end product, I'd just let the game sit in the back of your mind for a while and start checking again closer to October. When they launched early access, they said they anticipated at least a year of early access, so October 2021 is the earliest I'd say to reasonably expect it...and even then I'm thinking we're looking at a December 2021 to March 2022 release window being more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    There’re afew bugs but they mostly minor things.
    Keep in mind that the studio is working on content beyond what they releasing to the current player base. So further acts probably won’t be released till the game release date, since Act 1 is more then enough to test for bug/balance issues.
    Given the state I play-tested back then I would have to disagree with that. If they actually want to sell a finished product, then they better find a couple dozen, better hundred, people to test their other maps and higher level balance as well. Most of the bugs (besides system crashes) tend to be with quest scripting anyway and for that they definitely need people to actually run the content. I'm not saying they need to put it in EA, but they absolutely should put in alot more effort than they did with the first EA part .
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Given the state I play-tested back then I would have to disagree with that. If they actually want to sell a finished product, then they better find a couple dozen, better hundred, people to test their other maps and higher level balance as well. Most of the bugs (besides system crashes) tend to be with quest scripting anyway and for that they definitely need people to actually run the content. I'm not saying they need to put it in EA, but they absolutely should put in alot more effort than they did with the first EA part .
    I'm literally getting 0 crashes and almost no bugs.

Does anyone have any good strategies for dealing with the large spider in the cave at the start?

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post

Does anyone have any good strategies for dealing with the large spider in the cave at the start?
    Destroy the eggs along the walls first with a bow or spells. There is a pair of boots in a box somewhere that makes you immune to web. Wear those, obviously. When the spider is on the webs, burn the webs with fire. Rinse and repeat. It gets stunned each time it falls. And you can go HAM on the bitch.

I played the novemeber versions, and I had quite a few issues with quests not counting, updating, triggering, etc.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks all for the replies. I will wait for the final release, even with bugs i will be happy with a Long and complex game.
    For now i will keep looking for a lengthy rpg/jrpg.
    Stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Destroy the eggs along the walls first with a bow or spells. There is a pair of boots in a box somewhere that makes you immune to web. Wear those, obviously. When the spider is on the webs, burn the webs with fire. Rinse and repeat. It gets stunned each time it falls. And you can go HAM on the bitch.
    Thanks. have you tried druid out yet?

Thanks. have you tried druid out yet?
    Nah. I don't usually like the way Druid plays in video games.

Pfft, it's just regular animals, no were-forms. BORING!

10+ Year Old Account
    started playing divinity2 (after finishing Diablo3) currently on 30 hrs, never knew this type of rpg existed, having so much fun and will play Baldurs gate after

10+ Year Old Account
    Every day I am etching closer to making this game the first game I buy in early access lol

Must... resist...urge...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Every day I am etching closer to making this game the first game I buy in early access lol

Must... resist...urge...
    Dont. I made the mistake of buying it on steam instead of GOG. could refund it even now on the latter

Is the druids bear form OP? Its like the highest health pool form while also dishing out crazy good dmg, or is there something better at DPSing?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Any hint of playable Dragonborn yet?

They don't have my favorite races (Dragonborn and half-orc) or my favorite classes (paladin and barbarian) so I'm still waiting on trying early access.

Must... resist...urge...
    Every time they patch it you have to start over. So up to you, depends if you like restarting the game over and over. I got it myself day one, played as much as possible but then couldnt stomach redoing everything just to see a new cutscene or somesuch.

Must... resist...urge...
    Just tell yourself you will just be playing a sketch of a game/movie you want to see. So it spoils the fun but doesn't even have the quality you want.
    Works great for me.
    It's actually easier for me to wait for things I really want to enjoy.

Cyberpunk is basically not released yet in my world.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Pfft, it's just regular animals, no were-forms. BORING!
    That is just how the spell works. You transform into beasts, most Were-creatures are humanoid (by definition...) and have a CR over 1, except that beauty, still not a beast though.