10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Like I said, when liberals say Biden’s criminal justice reform was bad, they don’t mean the same thing as GOP:

He said there is "only one provision in there that had to do with mandatory sentences that I opposed. And that was a thing called the 'three strikes and you're out,' which I thought was a mistake. But had a lot of the good things in the bill."
    When people take issue with the legislation, it’s the 3 strike rule... not the violence against women act or protection of children.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    lol. So you're response to people needing financial help during the pandemic is unemployment????

Fuck it then, don't even offer a stimulus.....
    Because people on unemployment are in the most need of help. I mean, do you even understand what's in this COVID stimulus bill? Unemployment extension is MORE important than some bullshit one-time check - even if that check is the highest passed so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    The response to people needing financial help, is giving them financial help, uh yeah? like you are complaining it's not doing exactly what it's doing, which is weird.
    He's literally talked himself into a loop now. I don't know how to explain it to him better than we already have. It's one of the problems with written-only communication.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    lol. So you're response to people needing financial help during the pandemic is unemployment????

Fuck it then, don't even offer a stimulus.....
    You are talking about a one time payment of 2k... when unemployment can be as high as 900 per week. That’s 3600 per month... not a one time payment... current provisions also allow contractors to collect unemployment, that otherwise wouldn’t.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    You should tell that to the KKK members that have been backing Trump, including former ones like David Duke, and whatnot. The fact that you still think that the KKK is with the Democrats is fucking hilarious.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Byrd#Ku_Klux_Klan
    Robert C Byrd, Democrat and Klu Klux Klan Member was still a senator in 2010.

A third woman is publicly accusing New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo of offensive behavior, telling The New York Times she was "shocked" after he tried to kiss her at a 2019 wedding. Cuomo has maintained he never inappropriately touched or propositioned anyone. https://t.co/nvZMZjhNXl
    https://twitter.com/AP/status/1366585872808869891?s=19

Never understand pieces of crap like this. To openly go in for a kiss. People like him believing he has a pass.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Which has what to do with 2021? Is Byrd still a Senator? Did the Democrats bring in a syth lord and raise him from the beyond?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mass Incarceration of Millions of African Americans is still felt today, 27 years later. The bill also subsidized private prisons, not to mention the Three strikes provision, Mandatory life sentences. I'm sorry, you lose this debate.
    6 days into office:

Biden orders Justice Dept. to end use of private prisons
    https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden...afb1dd3a5f115e

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/AP/status/1366585872808869891?s=19

Never understand pieces of crap like this. To openly go in for a kiss. People like him believing he has a pass.
    Unbelievable behavior. He's done. And hopefully we'll see him resign soon.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Which has what to do with 2021? Is Byrd still a Senator? Did the Democrats bring in a syth lord and raise him from the beyond?
    Don't play the game. We all know Byrd renounced and rejected the KKK and hate and spent his career working to fight hate, including forming an extremely close relationship with the NAACP.

And any opinion ignoring such doesn't much matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump posted a video of a supporter screaming “white power” in 2020... Biden ordered an end to private prisons in 2021 and has yet to post insults on Twitter.

He's literally talked himself into a loop now. I don't know how to explain it to him better than we already have. It's one of the problems with written-only communication.
    I do share his pissed off at the minimum wage though, it's fucking bullshit. You got one side who exploits and/or ignores and flip flops on all these arcane bullshit rules, and the other side who try to be pious saints in regards to these bullshit arcane rules, like this is a religion to every single one of them. And, in a way, since this is their entire life, it kinda sorta is, but it makes them out of fucking touch with the people they represent. There is a reason congress is always so unpopular with the population.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Don't play the game. We all know Byrd renounced and rejected the KKK and hate and spent his career working to fight hate, including forming an extremely close relationship with the NAACP.

That's a great reminder. And I fully agree those opinions don't matter much.

He was eulogized by Joe Biden at his funeral.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was eulogized by Joe Biden at his funeral.
    Yes, and was a subordinate to a man whose skin color was such an affront, that Trump and GOP refused to acknowledge he was an American citizen. Despite the racist demands of GOP and Trump, Biden stood by Obama’s side...

10+ Year Old Account

Worse, it's an "opinion" that's perfectly willing to lie about every fact, just to rile up the forum into a Gish Gallop chasing every lie down.

It's a waste of effort, in this case. Nobody's going to fall for bullshit that reeks that badly.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I do share his pissed off at the minimum wage though, it's fucking bullshit. You got one side who exploits and/or ignores and flip flops on all these arcane bullshit rules, and the other side who try to be pious saints in regards to these bullshit arcane rules, like this is a religion to every single one of them. And, in a way, since this is their entire life, it kinda sorta is, but it makes them out of fucking touch with the people they represent. There is a reason congress is always so unpopular with the population.
    I agree with you and @Bodakane on the minimum wage issue - it's bullshit it got taken out, the way it did. I wish the Dems could have horse-traded for it, or something more than a procedural motion removing it. Of course, I wish it would have just passed in the first place. We certainly need it.

But I will stick to my guns that it wouldn't really help out right now - this year. And that's what we really need right now - immediate and comprehensive help. Which is why the current COVID Relief bill is still so good.

That's a terrible argument. Imagine if Trump was in the KKK for a year of his life.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a terrible argument. Imagine if Trump was in the KKK for a year of his life.
    Under Trump’s leadership, the Unite The Right rally was chanting nazi slogans and killed a woman. That was the moment that Joe Biden chose to stand up for America, in the face of Trump’s idolatry. If Trump behaved like a normal human being, instead of turning the right into this... there would have been no Biden president.

If you don’t like Biden as president, unfortunately... uniting the right is to blame...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's a waste of effort, in this case. Nobody's going to fall for bullshit that reeks that badly.
    I think the challenge of responding to it, while staying on topic, makes this fun.

Oh, you mean the guy that left the KKK after a year in the fucking 40s and then spent the rest of his life working with minorities? Even getting NAACP honors and whatnot? Yeah, you keep fucking lying. He wasn't in the KKK when he died. Fucking liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Worse, it's an "opinion" that's perfectly willing to lie about every fact, just to rile up the forum into a Gish Gallop chasing every lie down.

Robert Byrd being a member of the KKK is not a matter of Opinion. He 100% factually was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Oh, you mean the guy that left the KKK after a year in the fucking 40s and then spent the rest of his life working with minorities? Even getting NAACP honors and whatnot? Yeah, you keep fucking lying. He wasn't in the KKK when he died. Fucking liar.
    So it's ok to be in the KKK as long as you apologize later for political gain. Got it.