Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    So I assume you advocate for banning people who mage boost right?
    I don't like that meta, but one million times prefer that to a paid boost. Can't believe how times have changed where people are supporting these in game transactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexs View Post
    I don't like that meta, but one million times prefer that to a paid boost. Can't believe how times have changed where people are supporting these in game transactions.
    Nothing's changed - people always supported them, right from day one. There are just less delusional "purists" left, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

Person A wants level a regular character, Person A however discovers that there are hardly any people around to level because so many people are using the boost.
    Person A has a bad experience and feels compelled to skip ahead as well.

Disregarding the obvious potential for botters to abuse and people using it for profession alts, which will obviously negatively impact me.

Can we just put this bullshit argument about being "about the TBC experience" aside?

If it really was just about the "TBC experience", they would be giving everyone a free character boost, period, because then virtually nobody had any reason to start a character from level one. Ever.
    Only then, it would truly be about the "TBC experience".

Disregarding that the "TBC experience" in the past always involved doing Classic content first.
    Oh give me a break, do you really believe that this one time per account boost will cause "hardly any people around to level"? Talk about a strawman, there's tons of players leveling in retail and you can buy there as many boosts as you want.

You know what already causes hardly any player around to level? All those leveling boosts by players, community "ruining" leveling experience by themselves and then "no changes" players like you screeching about blizzard ruining their perfect player experience.

Let me get this straight to you, people who will use this boost, you wouldn't meet them while leveling anyways, instead they would get somenone to boost them through content or won't play at all, and people who want to level fresh, won't use this boost. This changes absolutely nothing in bigger picture, just doomsayers like you can't get over anything different

10+ Year Old Account
    They're both paid boosts.

RMT is fuelling the economy behind the mage boosts in classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Nobody in the entire world uses physical servers anymore since we've left the 90s behind us.
    from what cloud do you come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabakaga View Post
    TBC more time committed than Vanilla?
    Read the post properly.
    TBC is still pretty slow and requires a lot of time investment.
    Where does it say TBC requires more time?
    What you read into this post is neither written nor implied.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirethas View Post
    Oh give me a break, do you really believe that this one time per account boost will cause "hardly any people around to level"?
    I think it's going to massively impact the number of people, yes.
    You know what already causes hardly any player around to level? All those leveling boosts by players, community "ruining" leveling experience by themselves and then "no changes" players like you screeching about blizzard ruining their perfect player experience.
    Two pages ago, i strongly implied boosting should have been fixed.
    Want to know why?
    Because it goes against the spirit of the original game.
    Let's be real, the sole reason why boosting still exists is because of #nochanges, else Blizzard would have nuked that into oblivion already.
    Attempting to me paint me as a person that's still riding on "#nochanges" is pretty fucking stupid, especially considering i've also advocated for certain changes, such as timegating T5.
    Which does not violate the spirit of the game, the boost does.

If the difference between making a change to preserve the spirit of the game because players found a loophole and refuting one to preserve it, is too difficult for you to grasp, i can't help you.
    just doomsayers like you can't get over anything different
    Where did i say it's going to ruin / end / spell the doom for TBC?
    This one of those things that many of you just want to read into my posts so you can complain about it?
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-01 at 09:18 PM.

Thank fucking god this exists. I leveled a warrior and a Hunter back in Vanilla and I got my fill of that shit already. I couldn't even get a toon past 35 in Classic in anticipation of a TBC Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    I want them to give answers to both, for new and existing players, and you only want an answer for existing players. Them why am I the one who wants an answer only to me?
    Is this what is called projecting?
    No you don't. If you did, you would not be complaining about this as this gives new players the ability to go directly to Outland. You need to realize that the so called "new players" are almost all players who played it when it originally released. YOu only want an answer to you because you want to force players to slog through the entire leveling process like you.

Most people playing wow aren't in high school anymore there is a reason time to level has dropped to a quarter of what it once was.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    No you don't. If you did, you would not be complaining about this as this gives new players the ability to go directly to Outland. You need to realize that the so called "new players" are almost all players who played it when it originally released. YOu only want an answer to you because you want to force players to slog through the entire leveling process like you.
    Ah you were talking about only the boost. My conversation was about fresh realms and how boosts are here instead of them.
    I'm still fine with boosts if they are only to old realms. Just give fresh realms with no boosts and no old characters. The current realms are already ruined anyway so boosts won't hurt much. P2w and non-p2w realm would be awesome.

Honestly, i don't have as much as an issue with the boost itself than attitude that the people that advocate for it are displaying, because they shrug off the opinion of people that prefer the intended state of the game by citing the advantages of "accessability", despite that being in my opinion one of the prime reason why the modern game has lost its identity & appeal to me.

And, considering i've been subject to multiple personal accusations, i'm going to make my own accusation here:
    A not to insignificant portion of the people that currently say "I can't stand Classic and are happy for boost" will be throwing the towel in TBC rather quickly.
    Classic and TBC are not fundamentally different, both require patience to complete certain things and are at times very monotonous, if you can't stand that, i doubt you will faring any better in TBC.
    I'm going further and say, the people that have actually leveled their character on their own are less likely to quit (early into TBC), because they have shown some preference for that slowpaced approach or at the very least, were able to make it despite it.
    I can't say the same about the people where seemingly the first word that comes to their mind after hearing "Classic leveling" is "trash".

And then, after the people that thought TBC was so much better than Classic will realize that's actually not that different, will quit and the people that stay for the ride are left with prospect of said boost getting abused by botters & people abusing it for profession alts.

You mean something that's about to get heavily nerfed with TBC?

Let's be real, the sole reason why boosting still exists is because of #nochanges, else Blizzard would have nuked that into oblivion already.
    First, you said a few times that it’s “your opinion” and you need to understand that your opinion being different doesn’t invalidate other opinions. If you were including some metrics to validate your opinion, such as earnings or MAUs, that’s a different story. But you’re not.

Second, you already stated that people who boosted would realize TBC isn’t what they thought and leave, which means that outside of the Classic mats and leveling zones, it has zero impact on you.

Third, and this is key, Blizzard will 100% of the time do what they need to in order to improve their ROI, especially for Classic where they don’t have expansion purchases or micro-transactions to generate revenue. Classic/TBC Classic is not just a toss-out for nostalgia. It’s a business decision. If “the original spirit of the game” doesn’t translate to “increased demand/satisfaction”, you’d be hard-pressed to expect it to happen.

I want to play TBC... NOT Classic...

Classic Leveling is horrible boring and slow.

If the boost would not be there i probably would not touch TBC, despite it being my favourite time in wow ever. Never was a fan of vanilla.
    It will be hard enough for new players to comepete with anyone who played up to nax or even just AQ. They can steamroll every normal instance while boost/new players have to creep their way forward, and readin these forum, will probably be heavily gatekeeped by the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    First, you said a few times that it’s “your opinion” and you need to understand that your opinion being different doesn’t invalidate other opinions.
    I never said those opinions are invalid, i said the boost is conflict with the original spirit of the game.

If you disagree with that, go ahead, but you have to jump through a ton of hoops to justify and the fact that it's a paid service, not a baseline one that everyone receives is in my view the final blow to that narrative.

Because i disagree with an opinion, doesn't mean it's "invalid", please stick the things that i say and not the things you want to read into my posts.
    If you were including some metrics to validate your opinion, such as earnings or MAUs, that’s a different story. But you’re not.
    In other words, to also deal with your last paragraph as well, your argument is essentially: We're willing to pay money, you won't quit over it, thus we are correct.

By that logic, you can justify the expansion of the cashshop to almost anything within the game, regardless of Retail, Classic or TBC, because from a monetary standpoint, the sole thing that counterbalances the revenue from the addition of even more MTX is the loss of subscriber it might entail.

I see the monetary argument as a deadbeat argument because, as said, it can be justified to offer almost anything for real money.

But while we're on the topic - and i never thought i'd say this:
    I absolutely hope that Blizzard demands a huge price for this boost, so that the people that still play TBC after the initial wave don't have to deal with botters abusing this en masse.
    especially for Classic where they don’t have expansion purchases or micro-transactions to generate revenue.
    You know what Classic also doesn't have?
    Huge development costs, it's not Retail where they need to actually *develop* new content.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-02 at 03:40 PM.

I never said those opinions are invalid, i said the boost is conflict with the original spirit of the game.

If you disagree with that, go ahead, but you have to jump through a ton of hoops to justify and the fact that it's a paid service, not a baseline one that everyone receives is in my view the final blow to that narrative.

Because i disagree with an opinion, doesn't mean it's "invalid", please stick the things that i say and not the things you want to read into my posts.

In other words, to also deal with your last paragraph as well, your argument is essentially: We're willing to pay money, you won't quit over it, thus we are correct.

By that logic, you can justify the expansion of the cashshop to almost anything within the game, regardless of Retail, Classic or TBC, because from a monetary standpoint, the sole thing that counterbalances the revenue from the addition of even more MTX is the loss of subscriber it might entail.

I see the monetary argument as a deadbeat argument because, as said, it can be justified to offer almost anything for real money.

But while we're on the topic - and i never thought i'd say this:
    I absolutely hope that Blizzard demands a huge price for this boost, so that the people that still play TBC after the initial wave don't have to deal with botters abusing this en masse.

You know what Classic also doesn't have?
    Huge development costs, it's not Retail where they need to actually *develop* new content.
    I understand what you’re saying, but honestly I don’t think you have to jump through too many hoops to justify that this doesn’t hurt the spirit of the game. It’s all subjective, there is no real “spirit” of the game written in stone.

For me, and probably many many others, the spirit of tbc had nothing to do with 1-58, 1-58 had to do with the spirit of classic. So the boost is just getting us past the point of classic and into the spirit or realm of tbc.

I could realistically argue that NOT changing the game in certain ways is against the sprint of the game too honestly. I could argue them leaving in the world buff meta is against the spirit of vanilla. Of course you can also use your subjective experience and counter all my points and still be correct. What I’m getting at is that you can’t just tell someone it’s against the spirit of the game and act like this is true and the only way it isn’t is if someone “jumps through a lot of hoops”.

I'm more pissed i have to level my belf paladin instead of paying to boost. aoe is gunna be nerfed so dungeon boosts are most likely out of question too

its moot because not only do the horde paladins and alliance shamans need to level up, any alt you create on that account after you boost a character to 58 will also have to level up. in the end it really doesn't matter because at some point your main is going to be saved to everything and the only thing you can do is, level an alt to kill time. tbc and classic are intrinsically linked through progression, level progression, profession progression. they didn't add an auction house to shattrath or dalaran, the actual levelling up your characters from level 1 is part of the game, or the paladins and shamans could also start at 58 and it wouldn't cost anything to make a 58. if that was the actual intention from the beginning.

if tbc was intended to start at 58 you'd simply be able to make as many 58s as you wanted for nothing. since, you know, it starts at 58 not level 1. :/

similarly why then ARE the paladins and shamans not starting at 58, again assuming they were supposed to 'by design' apparently.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-03-02 at 05:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    Ah you were talking about only the boost. My conversation was about fresh realms and how boosts are here instead of them.
    I'm still fine with boosts if they are only to old realms. Just give fresh realms with no boosts and no old characters. The current realms are already ruined anyway so boosts won't hurt much. P2w and non-p2w realm would be awesome.
    I'll just copy and paste my response from another thread because you aren't even worth the effort.

It isn't pay to win. You don't understand what pay to win is.

Pay to win is when you pay for something that gives you a substantial boost in the relevant content compared to everyone else who does not.
    TBC content is 58 to 70, no ifs, no buts.

People who only want to play because of TBC do not have to go in old world content at all, nobody, NOBODY is at an advantage or disadvantage in TBC content because another person skipped 1-58.

What about those of us who levelled multiple characters during actual vanilla?
    Can I transfer my multiple characters from retail and get them boosted downwards?
    Are we not allowed to come back for TBC until we go through that dogshit levelling process yet again?
    What do WE gain from redoing 1-58 when none of that content is of any interest to us?

You are wrong. Plain and simple. A one time boost to be able to even START the content you care about is not pay to win, it's barely even pay to catch up because we'll effectively be spending the next 12 levels farming gold while moving at 160% to pay for an epic mount plus two ranks of flying.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    I'd made it about halfway through leveling but I'd started late and the gatekeeping/elitism seemed to already be in place. Not to mention my buddy eventually switched servers. I'd started playing young at the end of vanilla/early TBC but didn't really ~play~ the game right until WoTLK so I'm very much looking forward to the full tbc experience this time. I'm sure I'll be very behind on gold but it's the same as jumping onto a private server right now honestly. Gonna be a good time and I think they could potentially see even more traffic in this next phase compared to Classic Vanilla
    I managed to get lucky farming on my shaman and sold epic gloves that dropped for 3k so I am set for TBC, gonna sit on it until then. In the mean time I am just goint to wait to play WoW again for TBC in the summer.

I am personally ecstatic for this I despise leveling and couldn't get past 48 on Classic with the shit leveling experience. Now I can wait until BCC comes out to finish off my Warlock with 30% nerf to exp required to get to lvl 60 and actually get him to 60, then I can Boost my Druid because Fuck leveling a druid and I can roll a New Shammy and Level through the shit show again. I wish this would not be limited to just one per account though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    I'm more pissed i have to level my belf paladin instead of paying to boost. aoe is gunna be nerfed so dungeon boosts are most likely out of question too
    While Mage AoE is going to be capped, it doesn't mean a level 70 can't still boost you through. Won't be as fast obviously, but they can still solo the dungeon for you.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.