10+ Year Old Account
    I was actually hoping for more class changes for this 9.0.5

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Didn't they say that renown is going up to 80? And that flying will be a reward at some level, probably 80.
    That would be insulting.

Didn't they say that renown is going up to 80? And that flying will be a reward at some level, probably 80.
    They never said that at all.

Also, Flying will be part of the covenant campaign, which will probably last like 5-6 weeks.

Anyway, this patch is lackluster as fuck and I honestly didnt see the point of it at all.

There are no real Covenant changes other than changing Fleshcraft, and there's like two relevant legendary changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    They never said that at all.

Also, Flying will be part of the covenant campaign, which will probably last like 5-6 weeks.

Anyway, this patch is lackluster as fuck and I honestly didnt see the point of it at all.

There are no real Covenant changes other than changing Fleshcraft, and there's like two relevant legendary changes.
    They wanted to add some significant covenant balancing before 9.1 so players got the fixes early. Though most likely I imagine it was to let players naturally ease into changing covenants or perhaps more importnatly let Blizzard get some tangible data on even more intrusive changes that might be needed in 9.1.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    That would be insulting.
    Could you special snowflakes not get insulted every 5 minutes?

Blizzard said flying will be reward for 9.1 campaign from what I remember. Blizzard definitely said 9.1 will have 40 more Renown with new rewards (I guess every new season will bring 40 more levels). Campaign will almost certainly be tied to renown (but likely similar to 9.0, so not all the way to 80). Connect dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    The thing we where talking about was to make it so that Zoridormi would be placed in The Caverns of Time or in a major city of both factions... that way there would be 1 Npcs for everyone zone... and not have 1 Npcs in every zone.

This way you choose to be in the past or in the present.

Very easy and it makes the world more clean and immersive
    That's not easy at all. That forces you to travel there every time you need to change the period, just like it does with Warmode. Since this feature is meant as a convenience, not a commitment, that design makes no sense.

It's also not more immersive. It's not that unreasonable for a Bronze Dragon to decide to travel to places with temporal issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Come on now that's outright bad faith, they're very similar. The open mouth of the WoW model is reminiscent of the look of the creature in Spirited Away too (it's often fighting/charging and has an open and sometimes bloody mouth while doing so).

The thing is, it's not supposed to be a full-on dragon creature, it's a dragon-like creature with other animals bits patched into it.

Anyway, all tastes are in nature, some won't like it, some will, but I appreciate the reference, the art from Ghibli is stunning.
    I'm so fucking happy you brought him up. I thought I was the only guy here to have watched Spirited Away.

10+ Year Old Account
    More speculation from Bells(Belluar and his new weird clips channel /ugh) on wow. Ok I guess.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's not easy at all. That forces you to travel there every time you need to change the period, just like it does with Warmode. Since this feature is meant as a convenience, not a commitment, that design makes no sense.

It's also not more immersive. It's not that unreasonable for a Bronze Dragon to decide to travel to places with temporal issues.
    It is however a very valid question to raise if we assume that a hypothetical newly revamped world would likely not have flying. If there are ways to change back and forth scattered everywhere then it could create problems, not just for flying but War Mode or similar things.

Regardless I do think a hybrid solution would be better. Have a bronze dragon in select areas, maybe 3-4 per continent and then have it so you need to go there for it to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Could you special snowflakes not get insulted every 5 minutes?

Blizzard said flying will be reward for 9.1 campaign from what I remember. Blizzard definitely said 9.1 will have 40 more Renown with new rewards (I guess every new season will bring 40 more levels). Campaign will almost certainly be tied to renown (but likely similar to 9.0, so not all the way to 80). Connect dots.
    It would be insulting.

Previous pathfinder: play a flightless patch, but have the needed things ready for when it arrives next patch, namely rep, exploration and quests achievements.

Possibly SL: No worries you won't have to worry about rep, but we're attaching it to renown. SL came out November 1st and we're gonna hit 40 renown in a couple of weeks. That's 4 and half months of gameplay, assuming you've logged weekly to get your 3, and now 2 renown levels. Assuming blizzard ties in flying with the new renown cap, then yes, that'd be insulting.
    We're gonna give you flying in the first major content patch, but hey, it'll take you anywhere between 1 to 4 months to get it!

It would be insulting.

Previous pathfinder: play a flightless patch, but have the needed things ready for when it arrives next patch, namely rep, exploration and quests achievements.

Possibly SL: No worries you won't have to worry about rep, but we're attaching it to renown. SL came out November 1st and we're gonna hit 40 renown in a couple of weeks. That's 4 and half months of gameplay, assuming you've logged weekly to get your 3, and now 2 renown levels. Assuming blizzard ties in flying with the new renown cap, then yes, that'd be insulting.
    We're gonna give you flying in the first major content patch, but hey, it'll take you anywhere between 1 to 4 months to get it!
    The only insulting part here is your blatant misrepresentation of the previous situation. Pathfinder always required things from the new patch before you could actually unlock flying.

And they already said it's tied in with the campaign.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It would be insulting.

Let's assume flying will be given for campaign, and campaign will be just like in 9.0 (strange to expect patch campaign to be longer than X.0). And let's say 9.1 comes June 22th. (I think all of this is pretty likely, if anything flying probably will be sooner.) That would make flying available 17th August. Now let's compare:

Previous pathfinder:
    - 11 months into expac,
    - 8 reputations to grind (6 could be grinded before 8.2 hit)
    - ~20 days of doing world quests to get all 8.0 reps (less if you clear map every day)
    - ~10 days of doing 8.2 content 1-2 hours every day (with pet battles)
    - you have to grind everything from scratch when you return to game (rep boost came late into 8.3 for limited time)

Blizzard insulting Grimbold pathfinder
    - 9 months into expac
    - every week just do 10 minute quest, raid clear (OR some pvp OR few M+ OR clear map from wq once) for 1000 Anima and story chapter
    - if you came late, fuck it, just do whatever and we will shower you renown (just do story quests)

HOW INSULTING

Btw, since this community is full of Karens and PTR will be filled with their screams, I fully expect Blizzard to just give flying on early campaign or even day 1 of 9.1. Member 7.2?

All of this discussion is connected to 9.1 - next major patch that will launch around late Q2 (so currently WoW community expect it late Q3). 9.0.5 is just very minor patch that introduce few small things.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-03-02 at 04:41 PM.

It would be insulting.

Except you needed Unshackled and Mechagon at Revered as well?

And you can literally get to 40 Renown in like a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The last chapter of this campaign wasn't at 40 though, the fuck?
    As of right now in 9.0 it is the last chapter. 9.1 may add more.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    As of right now in 9.0 it is the last chapter. 9.1 may add more.
    I believe he is pointing out that flying was said to be a reward for compelting the campaign, and that the covenant campaign didnt end at renown 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I believe he is pointing out that flying was said to be a reward for compelting the campaign, and that the covenant campaign didnt end at renown 40.
    true but they did say that the next patch adds more to the campaign

lets say 5 more chapters and you get flying when you get the new flying mount

10+ Year Old Account
    When did they say that, I'm having trouble remembering.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    true but they did say that the next patch adds more to the campaign

lets say 5 more chapters and you get flying when you get the new flying mount
    Not that flying will be given to everyone who completed the 9.0 campaign, but rather that whatever renown is the final covenant campaign will likely nott be at level 80.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    When did they say that, I'm having trouble remembering.
    Sometime during the Blizzconline they seemed to say that the covenant specific flying mount would be gained from campaigns and that it would coincide with being given flying.
    Either way the developers I believe explicitly stated that flying will be a reward from the 9.1 campaign. Now whether that means the covenant campaign or some other campaign in the Maw is a bit vague, but one would assume that the covenant campaign is the more likely one.

Not that flying will be given to everyone who completed the 9.0 campaign, but rather that whatever renown is the final covenant campaign will likely nott be at level 80.

- - - Updated - - -

Sometime during the Blizzconline they seemed to say that the covenant specific flying mount would be gained from campaigns and that it would coincide with being given flying.
    Either way the developers I believe explicitly stated that flying will be a reward from the 9.1 campaign. Now whether that means the covenant campaign or some other campaign in the Maw is a bit vague, but one would assume that the covenant campaign is the more likely one.
    yea im gonna say 64 buuuut likely 52

9.0.5 is prolly coming in 2 weeks, if this is a release candidate build. Next build will probably also have Blizzard announce the Release date, and then the week after that, we get the patch.

Then, a week or 2 after that, we'll get the 9.1 PTR. I would assume it'll come out the week after 9.0.5 releases, however. So, maybe late March to early April, we'll see our first PTR build for 9.1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    9.0.5 is prolly coming in 2 weeks, if this is a release candidate build. Next build will probably also have Blizzard announce the Release date, and then the week after that, we get the patch.

Then, a week or 2 after that, we'll get the 9.1 PTR. I would assume it'll come out the week after 9.0.5 releases, however. So, maybe late March to early April, we'll see our first PTR build for 9.1.
    I want to say May but way things are playing Late june.

Edit: Covid gonna Covid and its WfH effects dev cycles. Granted, I don't think this impediment will be around for too long.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-03-02 at 08:18 PM.

Warrior-Magi