Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    by not even having his ult up for the entire fight until the end LOL. Like what is even the point then?
    Well, okay, that's basically not using the character then. I guess you still get the defensive option from his E, but that disappears rather quickly.

Turns out that Hu Tao goes great with Bennett after playing through ~20 domains (I had to farm books).
    I can easily maintain the sub 50% HP buff with him on the team since he only heals up to 70% and due to Hu Taos large health pool, it won't go much further than that.
    I can't make use of the ATK buff, but at least I don't have to be scared about Hu Tao dying all the time since Bennett Heal is basically always there whenever you need it.
    Ganyu and Xingqiu also work like I expected them to work. Although I have to admit, I have no idea how to make Hu Tao be the trigger for elemental reactions. That's almost impossible when it comes to auto/charge attacking without losing damage due to simply not attacking (what's the point then).

I do have ultimate up on every cycle though, and that's where I can actually use melt/vaporize.
    But I'm thinking about switching to Lavawalker. Her autoattacks are so fast and her charged attacks, while powerful, basically miss half the time and go waaaay too far imho. If enemies are lined up, it's great, but it also pushes away mobs which splitts them up again.
    I weave them in here and then but that's about it, I can't see myself constantly charge attacking. I have the stamina for it, so I don't really know what C1 is good for.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Well, okay, that's basically not using the character then. I guess you still get the defensive option from his E, but that disappears rather quickly.

Turns out that Hu Tao goes great with Bennett after playing through ~20 domains (I had to farm books).
    I can easily maintain the sub 50% HP buff with him on the team since he only heals up to 70% and due to Hu Taos large health pool, it won't go much further than that.
    I can't make use of the ATK buff, but at least I don't have to be scared about Hu Tao dying all the time since Bennett Heal is basically always there whenever you need it.
    Ganyu and Xingqiu also work like I expected them to work. Although I have to admit, I have no idea how to make Hu Tao be the trigger for elemental reactions. That's almost impossible when it comes to auto/charge attacking without losing damage due to simply not attacking (what's the point then).

I do have ultimate up on every cycle though, and that's where I can actually use melt/vaporize.
    But I'm thinking about switching to Lavawalker. Her autoattacks are so fast and her charged attacks, while powerful, basically miss half the time and go waaaay too far imho. If enemies are lined up, it's great, but it also pushes away mobs which splitts them up again.
    I weave them in here and then but that's about it, I can't see myself constantly charge attacking. I have the stamina for it, so I don't really know what C1 is good for.
    For abyss. You won't have the stamina to spam charge attacks and dodge. You might be able to with 1 e cycle, but what about next? you won't recover stamina in time. Not saying c1 is required, but to say it's not good is wrong. It is very good.

@KrayZ23

I bet there is some kind of jump cancel on her charge attack to make it optimal just a guess...i have no idea

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    For Character Event wishes (and Standard Wish), if you go 89 rolls without a 5-star, your 90th roll will be 5-star guaranteed, and this is known as the hard pity. However, it's been found out that if you go 75+ rolls without a 5-star, then the chance to get one drastically increases, and this point is known as the soft pity. So basically, it's more likely to get a 5-star between rolls 75-89 since your last 5-star, than it is to get one on roll 90 exactly.

For weapon banners, both these numbers are reduced by 10; soft pity starts at 65 rolls without a 5-star and hard pity is on 80th roll.
    Did they change something? I was sure that its 180 rolls total for the guarantee at the 5* banner character. Or did they lower that to just be a revolving 90 roll pity?
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Eh!?!?!? I just noticed Hu Tao jumps extremely high on charge attack jump cancels wtf...it might even be bad....disappointed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Did they change something? I was sure that its 180 rolls total for the guarantee at the 5* banner character. Or did they lower that to just be a revolving 90 roll pity?
    Its complicated but the hard pity was always 90
    Works like this:
    First time you EVER roll on event banner (when u are a new player)...hard pity is at 90 for a 50% chance at the event banner character

Then...IF you get a "random 5 star" instead of the event one...your next 90 roll hard pity is a 100% chance at event banner

When you get an event banner char...your next 5 star is a 50% chance at event.
    Basically everytime you get an event banner char you need to roll the dice on a 50% chance
    When you get a "random 5 star"...your next pity will be a guaranteed event banner

Soft pity is just some crazy thing i dont even understand...but it checks out because after roll 75 the chances of a 5 star is very high.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2021-03-02 at 08:37 PM.

It is effectively 180 to guarantee the featured character, starting from scratch. It is 90 to guarantee a 5-star (which has a 50/50 chance of being the featured character or not, if your last one was a featured character; if your last one wasn't the featured character, then you have a 100% chance of getting the featured).

But that "if your last one wasn't a featured character" carries over between Character banners. If for example you rolled on the Keqing banner and got a 5-star character that wasn't Keqing, then your next 5-star on any character banner (which will be within 90 rolls tops) will be the featured of that banner.

EDIT: Oops, corrected some mistakes between "was" and "wasn't".
    Last edited by Shaiandra; 2021-03-02 at 08:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Five stars are always 90 hard pity regardless of rate up or standard. On character rate up banner, it's 50% chance of getting rate up character on first 5 star pull with 100% on second 5 star if you don't get it on first. So, 180 is 100% guaranteed maximum pulls to get.

As for soft pity, these are the % chance per pull.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Five stars are always 90 hard pity regardless of rate up or standard. On character rate up banner, it's 50% chance of getting rate up character on first 5 star pull with 100% on second 5 star if you don't get it on first. So, 180 is 100% guaranteed maximum pulls to get.

As for soft pity, these are the % chance per pull.
    This makes my brain hurt.

For abyss. You won't have the stamina to spam charge attacks and dodge. You might be able to with 1 e cycle, but what about next? you won't recover stamina in time. Not saying c1 is required, but to say it's not good is wrong. It is very good.
    But you dodge with charge attacks.
    By the time she is attacking again, Stamina is back to full or at least enough for another cycle (since she doesn't even consume everything in one) unless you go full ham which would make her just as annoying to play as Xiao

There is not much to dodge in this game in the first place.
    When I do Abyss 12, I just stand there and hit.
    And I don't think you want to do

charged auto charged auto

looks like you can cancel hit 4 with a charged attack really well. That way I won't even drain 50% of my stamina.
    It's obviously not useless, but still. You can basically do the same thing without C1, it might be inconvinient it specific situations but that's about it.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-03-02 at 09:09 PM.

But you dodge with charge attacks.
    Does it give i-frame? None of the other ones do, so I don't see why hu tao's would?

Does it give i-frame? None of the other ones do, so I don't see why hu tao's would?
    I honestly don't know, I just assumed it.
    I haven't dodged shit in this game for months.

I tried it out just now while fighting the 4 golems on the island near that earth domain.
    I couldn't find it out.

Humble brag, but stuff just doesn't survive long enough nor does it matter if they hit or not.
    I'm just not a fan of that dash attack in the first place.
    It knocks (even fatui agents) enemies back and more often than not, I'm not in range for the dash in the opposite direction. Seems like a DPS loss to me most of the time.
    I'd rather use it for gapclosing or just to apply the dot.

So I guess you can attack -> charge attack -> dash (to get back in range) -> charge attack with C1?

edit:
    But I am able to dash through enemies when I'm using it. So it's basically the same thing since they are attacking my has-been position.

I have yet to find out if it's even worth to have her up for the whole 9 seconds or if I should just smash a few times and switch to someone like Ganyu after doing Hu Tao's Burst. You know, since Hu Tao's passive lasts 8 seconds and all that.

If you aren't using Xinqiu, you have a better melt-cycle and more melts in general in the same timeframe for both characters if you switch out earlier. And by the looks of it, Xinqiu + Hu Tao doesn't seem to work like I imagined, I can't seem to get vaporize for Hu Tao.

And constantly charging is a mess with the lack of a proper auto-target mechanic.
    Even if I turn the camera, whenever I don't press the correct direction button alongside it, I'm dashing in the wrong direction - ewww.
    That's really messy in Abyss12 sometimes.

edit, edit, edit.
    Either way, I'm impressed by her performance.
    She is so easy to build and such a great addition to just about every team due to her DoT, Burst and the Crit buff.

I'll probably not use the whole 9 seconds of her E but I'll use it to buff my Ganyu, get Melt reactions from both characters for each other and do some "Mona-Level" bursts with her.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-03-02 at 09:49 PM.

But I am able to dash through enemies when I'm using it. So it's basically the same thing since they are attacking my has-been position.
    Not necessarily. As far as I can tell, this game doesn't track your position for damage calculation but the moment it happens, so where you are is irrelevant. You need an iframe. I've charged attack away from an attack way before it actually lands and i've taken damage before. Also you can see this when you use iframe to "dodge" an attack but you're still in the aoe and not take damage. So where you are doesn't matter.

To counter this though, a charged attack would work for my example of the aoe thing I provided but that was just to illustrate what I was trying to say. It won't work on a standard attack that's instant.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just not a fan of that dash attack in the first place.
    It knocks (even fatui agents) enemies back and more often than not, I'm not in range for the dash in the opposite direction. Seems like a DPS loss to me most of the time.
    I'd rather use it for gapclosing or just to apply the dot.

So I guess you can attack -> charge attack -> dash (to get back in range) -> charge attack with C1?
    Well, same can be said about Keqing, but charged attack spam is way higher dps.

- - - Updated - - -

I have yet to find out if it's even worth to have her up for the whole 9 seconds or if I should just smash a few times and switch to someone like Ganyu after doing Hu Tao's Burst. You know, since Hu Tao's passive lasts 8 seconds and all that.

If you aren't using Xinqiu, you have a better melt-cycle and more melts in general in the same timeframe for both characters if you switch out earlier. And by the looks of it, Xinqiu + Hu Tao doesn't seem to work like I imagined, I can't seem to get vaporize for Hu Tao.
    Yea that's an option. As for the vape, it's definitely consistent, but it requires charged attack spam.

- - - Updated - - -

And constantly charging is a mess with the lack of a proper auto-target mechanic.
    Even if I turn the camera, whenever I don't press the correct direction button alongside it, I'm dashing in the wrong direction - ewww.
    That's really messy in Abyss12 sometimes.
    Ya this game has issues with a lot of things and every character has some kind of issue. On Xiao, I can't see who I'm actually plunging on because for w/e reason the camera wants to reset and completely fuck up my vision of the enemies.

Well, same can be said about Keqing, but charged attack spam is way higher dps.
    "way higher" is arguable. (before C2 at least, not sure how that works obviously)

Autoattack spam @ lvl 6 yields ~1552%
    Charged attack spam @lvl 6 yields ~1674%

in 1 E window

unless there is some kind of klee-like animation cancel (which I'm honestly not going to bother with if that's the case)

if you spam charged attacks, Hu Tao will do 1 auto attack before she does a charged attack.
    That autoattack doesn't hit anything though because you are too far away, at least I was when I actually tried the spam in abyss due to mobs moving and flying around.
    You can do 9 of these in 1 window.

Or I can do 3 full cycles (without dodging or animation canceling anything) of auto-attacks.

The best combo I could come up with was a 1-2-3-4-charged combo.
    I can get in 4 of those and one 1-2/3-charged combo.

That's somewhere around 2200% or something, but has same problem as with the 100% charged attack combo. You are out of range once you use a charged attack, forcing you to do another to get back where you came from.

So the best is probably something like

1-2-3-4-charged
    1-charged
    1-2-3-4-charged.
    1-charged

but that's not something my brain can handle during a fight. I can't even do that when nothing is happening.

edit:

Yea that's an option. As for the vape, it's definitely consistent, but it requires charged attack spam.

how? when I charge attack spam, it vapes away the fire debuff that's already on the enemy and the charged attack applies it back up again.
    When I follow up with another charged attack, Hu Tao does a normal attack first, thus proccing Xinqiu's blades again which consume the fire debuff, and the charge attack adds it again.

If I can make that happen then C1 is obviously much better (again, it's not useless, I actually want it because it's a QoL thing for me... not bothering with stamina management is a good thing), but I don't see how it works?
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-03-02 at 10:31 PM.

I agree with Kray her charged attack doesnt feel intuitive or fun to do

Xiao is buttery smooth and fun

Hu Tao is very messy
    Jump cancel is godawful and she jumps extremely HIGH and wastes a lot of time

Is weird so far :S But i hope she grows on me. I like the character so much

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    AHAH probably confusing you with Kray or something.

Xingqiu Albedo HuTao Noelle, sounds good?

I will keep Hu Tao at low HP a lot...Noelle passive will save her...Xingqiu also saves her a bit at low health.
    Only problem...is the down time of her E...no one in my team is a "beast" to replace her in combat
    Got her at 72ish pull, was sure as i got qiqi from xiao banner, i will use with c6 diona and the beast to go is razor with gravestone (or fischl when i equip her with thundering fury), then noelle with retracing bolide, diona and noelle shields should keep her alive at low health and diona's Q with maiden beloved tops up every character in 4 seconds
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2021-03-02 at 11:08 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with Kray her charged attack doesnt feel intuitive or fun to do

Xiao is buttery smooth and fun

Hu Tao is very messy
    Jump cancel is godawful and she jumps extremely HIGH and wastes a lot of time

Is weird so far :S But i hope she grows on me. I like the character so much
    Maybe its a good thing i didnt pull her then (and i used the mats to get Ganyu skill to lvl 10 -- rip mora and crown).

I also used some of the xp books to get some characters from 85 -- 89lvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got Hu Tao within the first 20 pulls (was at 17 pity) using only event and shop fates.

I.... I guess I get to keep hoarding primogems...

I see what you mean now about charged attack and auto targetting. It....totally doesn't go where I aim it. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

how? when I charge attack spam, it vapes away the fire debuff that's already on the enemy and the charged attack applies it back up again.
    When I follow up with another charged attack, Hu Tao does a normal attack first, thus proccing Xinqiu's blades again which consume the fire debuff, and the charge attack adds it again.

If I can make that happen then C1 is obviously much better (again, it's not useless, I actually want it because it's a QoL thing for me... not bothering with stamina management is a good thing), but I don't see how it works?
    Ok well, I must admit I didn't really pay super close attention but from I've seen she was getting consistent vapes and hitting like 60k charged attacks. That looks insane if it's non vape damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Feels so good. And yes...I never had a hard hitter built before LOL. Funny thing is, my hu tao isn't even that built yet. I can do much more.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm having hard time how to string consecutive charged attacks smoothly. Is it just not a thing? I know about jump cancel, but there's still delay.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry bout my non stop ranting but holy shit. I wasn't expecting to have 1800 attack just from hu tao's stats only. That makes her completely viable as a full-time dps...

I'm having hard time how to string consecutive charged attacks smoothly. Is it just not a thing? I know about jump cancel, but there's still delay.
    Ive been jump canceling with Zhongli since i was on my mothers womb (>_<)
    So after testing i find out u can INSTA jump almost on the same frame of charged attack for a instant in place charged attack.

But is very skill demanding Annnnnd you jump real high and waste time jumping....is weird

Ive been jump canceling with Zhongli since i was on my mothers womb (>_<)
    So after testing i find out u can INSTA jump almost on the same frame of charged attack for a instant in place charged attack.

But is very skill demanding Annnnnd you jump real high and waste time jumping....is weird
    do you mind recording a clip of it? I honestly have 0 idea what you're talking about lol