Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Except Kyrian is actually better in most cases if you aren't DPS horny? :P
    According to who? Kyrian is secondary to NF for resto and guardian in nearly all scenarios with NF being far ahead every other one for dps.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    According to who? Kyrian is secondary to NF for resto and guardian in nearly all scenarios with NF being far ahead every other one for dps.
    According to who? We're talking about Balance. Surely you're not just looking at logs to compare Convoke to Kindred?

According to who? We're talking about Balance. Surely you're not just looking at logs to compare Convoke to Kindred?
    Given that convoke is so far above anything else (regardless of class) in terms of DPS, I think it's fair to say that since Balance is a DPS spec, logs are perfectly fine to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Given that convoke is so far above anything else (regardless of class) in terms of DPS, I think it's fair to say that since Balance is a DPS spec, logs are perfectly fine to look at.
    Single target? Yes, Convoke is better. Anything more than one target and Kindred is better, but it won't show up on logs because half of the damage comes from the combo target. That's why it obviously doesn't make sense to look at logs to say Convoke is better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Again according to who? Your personal preference or opinion isn't proof of it being better for balance druids. Literally every site that has guides or cookie cutter recommendations list NF as THE covenant for all 4 specs of druids in almost every single type of environment including PvP

Single target? Yes, Convoke is better. Anything more than one target and Kindred is better, but it won't show up on logs because half of the damage comes from the combo target. That's why it obviously doesn't make sense to look at logs to say Convoke is better.
    I'm sure that all the good Boomies are shifting covenants on a per-fight basis.

Convoke is basically required in PvP and the number of multi-target PvE fights where a DPS increase may be found with Kindred is pretty small. Most add fights can be "starfall and forget" and still get top or near top DPS strictly due to convoking on the priority target.

15+ Year Old Account

Convoke is basically required in PvP and the number of multi-target PvE fights where a DPS increase may be found with Kindred is pretty small. Most add fights can be "starfall and forget" and still get top or near top DPS strictly due to convoking on the priority target.
    You know what's funny is other than his anidocial opinion on the subject, @Segus1992 has yet to provide any proof of these places that say Kyrian is better than NF. I think if I were to hold my breath for it, I'd be dead before he, if ever, provides it.

"Convoking on the priority target"? Do you even play Druid?
    You know what's funny is other than his anidocial opinion on the subject, @Segus1992 has yet to provide any proof of these places that say Kyrian is better than NF. I think if I were to hold my breath for it, I'd be dead before he, if ever, provides it.
    Doesn't really exist, mainly because nobody plays Kyrian Balance but also because the current content doesn't really allow for Kindred to shine, and because the Kindred conduit is useless whereas the Convoke conduit is OP.

I'll admit saying Kyrian is better in most cases isn't correct currently, but neither is saying Night Fae is light years ahead for all specs. Fact is that Night Fae drops off heavily with added targets whereas Kyrian (and Venthyr, technically) doesn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't really exist, mainly because nobody plays Kyrian Balance but also because the current content doesn't really allow for Kindred to shine, and because the Kindred conduit is useless whereas the Convoke conduit is OP.
    It doesn't exist not because nobody plays Kyrian but because those sites that provide guides and recommendations have done the testing of the 4 covenants and do NOT recommend anything other than NF because NF performs the best for all 4 of the druid specs in nearly every single type of environment (PvP, M+, single target, multiple target, raid, etc etc whatever). Kyrian out performing NF is under certain niche situations. If you want to out perform others due to covenant choice during a small portion of these niche situations, you're free to do that and then brag how Kyrian is the reason why you pulled ahead during that niche situation. If you want to perform well in nearly every other situation the rest of the time, that's when you go NF as a druid.

Convoke is basically required in PvP
    The majority of Druid dps on the ladder run Kyrian.

It doesn't exist not because nobody plays Kyrian but because those sites that provide guides and recommendations have done the testing of the 4 covenants and do NOT recommend anything other than NF because NF performs the best for all 4 of the druid specs in nearly every single type of environment (PvP, M+, single target, multiple target, raid, etc etc whatever). Kyrian out performing NF is under certain niche situations. If you want to out perform others due to covenant choice during a small portion of these niche situations, you're free to do that and then brag how Kyrian is the reason why you pulled ahead during that niche situation. If you want to perform well in nearly every other situation the rest of the time, that's when you go NF as a druid.
    Actually, updated guides only recommend it for Castle Nathria. In M+, it can't compete with Kyrian and Venthyr. It's also only good because CN has so many single target fights, if Sanctum is more multi-target focused, expect recommendations to change.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    People who suggest "taking every convoke powers" have to realise not every druid is playing night fae.

so your a guardian druid? running necrotic?

i mean even as bastion they still rape.

pop your Palegos buff shit, and nuke the boss.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post

so your a guardian druid? running necrotic?

i mean even as bastion they still rape.

pop your Palegos buff shit, and nuke the boss.
    It really doesn't matter. I go through as Venthyr and half the runs don't even bother using my Covenant ability. Druids just destroy Torghast.

Do it in a group until your gear is a bit better. Even then, I run with a group and we just smash right through it.

My biggest mistake of this xpac was thinking Torghast was easier/more fun solo. Definitely better with friends

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Do it in a group until your gear is a bit better. Even then, I run with a group and we just smash right through it.

My biggest mistake of this xpac was thinking Torghast was easier/more fun solo. Definitely better with friends
    I dunno, so far every time i tried a group, it was invariably harder than solo.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It really doesn't matter. I go through as Venthyr and half the runs don't even bother using my Covenant ability. Druids just destroy Torghast.
    Venthyr?

how does it play, and what spec?

i picked obv the ones that would net me the most throughput (2 druids at 215+ ilvl one Kyrian One Night Fae)
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.