Poll: Do you think Turalyon would possibly accept Calia Menethil as Queen of Lordaeron?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you think Turalyon would possibly accept Calia Menethil as Queen of Lordaeron?

Although he is now regent of Stormwind and the military commander of the entire Alliance, Turalyon was originally a human priest from Lordaeron -- and became a paladin of the Silver Hand. He served Terenas Menethil for years before leaving for Draenor. He was absent for Arthas and his rampage, and so he is unlikely to have direct unfavorable impressions of the Menethil family.

I am wondering, as he was once very hostile to the Forsaken -- he nearly threatened to kill Archbishop Alonsus Faol in the Cathedral of Light in Before the Storm, before the Fourth War, but after realizing his old teacher had not really changed, he and Faol reconciled, with Turalyon kneeling before him, and Faol accepting him as his old friend, and his son in all but blood, the last of the surviving founders of the order Faol had established, before giving him his blessing.

Turalyon also seems mellower towards the Horde in the Shadows Rising novel -- at least, he does not advocate for aggression against them like Greymane. What he feels towards Calia is unclear -- as Calia is friends with Faol, and as he seems to respect the armistice, it is unlikely that Turalyon sees her as his enemy -- although he does mention reclaiming other lands of the Alliance after Stromgarde, despite the fact Lordaeron was apparently militarily occupied by the Alliance during the conflict, according to a quest-giver in Stormgarde during the Warfront.

If Calia went back to Lordaeron, or asked Turalyon on her people's behalf, and that of her royal bloodline, to allow them to resettle in the Ruins of Lordaeron and rebuild the Undercity, would Turalyon acquiesce? Would Turalyon's loyalty to Lordaeron possibly outweigh that to Stormwind and Anduin -- if he were ever forced to choose between the two kingdoms?
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

I'm struggling to find any situation in which the answer would be no, especially since that wouldn't necessarily be choosing between two kingdoms but rather choosing BOTH kingdoms.

I would, but she has stated in no uncertain terms she will not and does not want it.

If Calias people abandoned the horde and agreed to not develop any weaponry for attacking other lands (plague etc) then perhaps.
    But as long as they remain within the horde any sensible person would not allow them to resettle.
    Horde has a tendency to pick awful leaders and there often seems to be some coup attempting to usurp power from the faction leaders.

Also there remains the matter of legality because most human laws are defined "until death" and none are really made with undeath in mind.
    So i think it would be rather fair to say that the lands of Lordareon are up for grabs since the undead residents are not covered by any previous human inheritance law.

Turalyon doesn't seem as empathetic and faithful as he was when he picked up that broken sword, he just seems more violent and zealous than anything nowadays. So, he's basically a hot-head type. He hasn't served the Alliance formally for like ten thousand years, but he still did what Anduin asked so I think he's still bound to duty as a Paladin to like protect a kingdom of innocent civilians (if out of some twisted Light angle potentially) but I don't think he respects the monarchy itself anymore beyond a commander following rank - the loyalty wouldn't be there, it wouldn't be genuine, is what I'm saying. So when presented with her lineage the way I see that playing out frankly, I don't see him as one to care about that and would sooner just kick a demon's teeth in because frankly that seems more his speed now rather than showing any kind of compassion. I mean if anything I'd expect Alleria to be more sympathetic to her situation right now, because both are probably dealing with a bit of outcast syndrome and meanwhile Turalyon is just poster good boy soldier still so what he's dealing with is different and I don't expect him to relate. Maybe Turalyon understands a bit if he took a bit to think about it or was presented with a grim situation about it, because obviously he's had a long time to get to know Alleria so he knows her deal pretty well. But as far as Calia goes she's another person and he doesn't even know her really.

Given that a Naaru raised Calia to undeath, I think he would be very agreeable to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Calia Menethil as Queen of Lordaeron or as Queen of the Undercity?

As Queen of the Undercity for the Horde, of course not: Turalyon would never support such a betrayal to the Alliance!

As Queen of a rebuilt Lordaeron for the Alliance, obviously yes: it's her fate.

It's complicated. Technically Turalyon should obey whatever Calia says, he was just a noble of Lordaeron and Calia was royalty and the daughter of Terenas but after all the BfA events and the Alliance rebuilding Stromgarde, I think Turalyon will try to retake old Alliance territories, Gilneas (influenced by Greymane) and Lordaeron (his homeland).

The problem with Calia is she switched teams, before and during BfA everybody thought she was going to lead an Alliance allied race based in Lordaeron. And Turalyon wouldn't have any problem with that, as long as she was blue team. But she now being with the Forsaken and the Horde probably Turalyon changed his mind and won't allow any of them near Capital City.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes, he would, even if he didn't like it - since, you know, he doesn't have a say in other races/nations' internal affairs. Especially if they don't belong to the Alliance (not yet, anyway ).
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomNerd View Post
    It's complicated. Technically Turalyon should obey whatever Calia says, he was just a noble of Lordaeron and Calia was royalty and the daughter of Terenas but after all the BfA events and the Alliance rebuilding Stromgarde, I think Turalyon will try to retake old Alliance territories, Gilneas (influenced by Greymane) and Lordaeron (his homeland).

The problem with Calia is she switched teams, before and during BfA everybody thought she was going to lead an Alliance allied race based in Lordaeron. And Turalyon wouldn't have any problem with that, as long as she was blue team. But she now being with the Forsaken and the Horde probably Turalyon changed his mind and won't allow any of them near Capital City.
    If the Light revived Calia -- then she and Turalyon serve the same cosmic power. Alonsus Faol might be neutral, but he is still friends with Anduin and Turalyon.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

7+ Year Old Account
    no one should accept that, Calia is an awful character that will fuck up the narrative/game lore even more, shit ass light undead nonsense should not be a thing

Calia is literately a creation of the Light? Hell, I'm half surprised he is not currently worshiping her as some sort of avatar of the Light.

It doesn't matter whatsoever what Turalyon thinks of Calia. Lordaeron is a dead kingdom, and will remain so.

Calia shouldn't exist in the first place.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Calia is literately a creation of the Light? Hell, I'm half surprised he is not currently worshiping her as some sort of avatar of the Light.
    Don't worry, I'm sure that in a couple of years, she'll manage to import a Naaru to Tirisfal and turn it into Elwynn 2.0

My Shadowlands plot prediction: Anduin will be turned into the next Lich King by Sylvanas and the Jailer in 9.2 or 3 or whatever.

By the end of the plot Sylvanas and the Jailer are defeated and Anduin is freed from the Jailers control but he is still the Lich King.

Sylvanas will reveal all along that she believed only Anduin could be the leader the Forsaken really deserved. He agrees because he can't think of one other person who gives a shit about the Forsaken aside from himself so hitches up with Calia to become the new King and Queen of Lordaeron and the Forsaken.

Now he gets to be the peace-loving idiot from a position that actually matters, and he gets to hang out with his best friend Baine whenever he wants without people giving him shit for it.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomNerd View Post

I don't know if Calia is really part of the Horde. She is actually neutral in-game, and is likely still friends with Jaina and Anduin; her conversations with Valeera imply she sees herself as part of both worlds as much as Valeera, Anduin's spy who freely roams in Horde lands, does. She does seem to work for the Horde Council, but the interviews are kind of conflicting, she is apparently NOT the Forsaken leader, not to mention she seems to be widely disliked among the Horde player base. I have no idea regarding her political future. But as the Light has apparently made a bargain with the enemy of all for Calia's revival, it is unlikely that the High Exarch and leader of the Army of the Light is entirely ignored in its future plans either.

Another possibility is Turalyon encountering Terenas in the Shadowlands (or at least receiving a message), which also complicates the political situation.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    Another possibility is Turalyon encountering Terenas in the Shadowlands (or at least receiving a message), which also complicates the political situation.
    Which leads me to think WTF happened to Terenas' ghost, which featured so prominently at both the beginning (literally when you installed the game) and the end of BfA. It would be... Quite weird to feature Arthas (even if later down the road) while remaining completely silent about his dad, one of the most famous victims of Frostmourne, together with Uther and Sylvie.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    no one should accept that, Calia is an awful character that will fuck up the narrative/game lore even more, shit ass light undead nonsense should not be a thing
    thank you, calia is a terrible and forced character that should end up in a hole somewhere. Leave her there to be forgotten as a failed experiment of writing.

and on top of being terrible written, she has no experience or knowledge to bring to anything be it horde or forsaken. The fact that blizzard actually wrote that she "helped" the undead kaldorei, is so stupid seeing she knows nothing about night elves, undeath, forsaken... so how the hell did she "help" them? -_-

or how she's somehow being trusted by all horde leaders (based on nothing btw) to be in the war council meetings despite knowing nothing about the horde and never having any training or knowledge about leadership.

and "queen of lordaeron" means nothing seeing as lordaeron is gone and forsaken are now forsaken. Also Calia abandoned lordaeron years ago and wasn't there for "her" people. She has nothing to claim being a "queen" other than her family name, which means nothing seeing as her family name is the reason for the destruction of lordaeron and forsaken.
    Last edited by voidox; 2021-02-20 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Which leads me to think WTF happened to Terenas' ghost, which featured so prominently at both the beginning (literally when you installed the game) and the end of BfA. It would be... Quite weird to feature Arthas (even if later down the road) while remaining completely silent about his dad, one of the most famous victims of Frostmourne, together with Uther and Sylvie.
    My theory was that the ghosts inside Frostmourne, Terenas included, were being affected by the Old Gods because Arthas built his citadel of saronite. Terenas literally quoting Yogg'saron about "no king rules forever" is evidence.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    My theory was that the ghosts inside Frostmourne, Terenas included, were being affected by the Old Gods because Arthas built his citadel of saronite. Terenas literally quoting Yogg'saron about "no king rules forever" is evidence.
    I think they debunked that theory in an interview.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ask_CDev

The "There must always be a Lich King" mantra seemed awfully suspicious, coming from ghosts trapped in Frostmourne. Was there something else going on there?

To save people from generating elaborate conspiracy theories, we'll be serious for a moment and say, definitively, no. The ghosts of Uther and Terenas understood that the Scourge would run rampant without someone to keep them in check. Yes, that does also mean that Arthas and Ner'zhul were not unleashing the full force of the Scourge during their respective reigns: you are welcome to speculate on the reasons for that.
    And remember, Calia's people are Turalyon's as well.
    Last edited by OwenBurton; 2021-03-03 at 03:33 AM.