Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    self-promotion on a low level is just embarrassing and you all know that yourselves.
    you're gonna be very underpaid, my bro
    yeah, it's cringe, but you have to sell your ass well, before you can show how good you are - sadly, that's a reality
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

What party are you gonna join? The 4/10 mythic lead or OP's group? lol.

Never mind, OP probably can't be bothered with creating groups

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    I consider a person that refuses to do his best in-game to be "wilfully bad". My interpretation of your post, number 12 in this thread, is that you are a wilfully bad player. As you yourself so succinctly put it: "You're damn right I don't want to put any effort in."

I fully support you in your right to be wilfully bad, just as I hope that you fully support me in my right not to play with you.
    I already spent my youth hardcore gaming and pushing rankings / gear / rating / whatever the hell you want to call it. I have over 30k achievement points, close to 2000 days of /played time on my main and I have raided at a high level since the game's inception. I'm not looking to be told that I'm "bad" by some internet edgelord just because I can't be assed getting curve on the 1st week a new raid is out. Quite frankly every tryhard "4/10 m lead" and "multi curved lead" group that I have joined over the past month has been choke-full of mediocre players who think that they're hot shit and can clear SLG without any communication.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    I love when ppl put "Guild run". Wtf is that mean? You will gear some green noob friend and give him all items?
    and this is why they removed Master Loot - they can't take gear you get off you

Look! Micro aggression AND mini-cancel culture all in one post!

Yes, let's worry about what other people are doing that doesn't affect us, and go to the mmochamp to make a post to cancel out people who use a term we don't like... you do realizer how that looks. No?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The groups I joined in the past with titles like that tend to suck and in some cases leader just left.

It doesnt help much these days.

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    you're gonna be very underpaid, my bro
    yeah, it's cringe, but you have to sell your ass well, before you can show how good you are - sadly, that's a reality
    Nah. You just have to make connections and know people. I do a pretty good job of selling myself but generally, without someone on the inside, you are just a nobody banging on the door. I've seen people that have no business in the positions they get and couldn't sell themselves out of a wet paper bag yet get the upper-level position just because they know so and so and so and so knows so and so and is related to so and so.

10+ Year Old Account
    writing in LFG tool "I'm multi curved lead", "4/10M LEAD HERE".

thats cringe af. thanks
    Sounds relevant, if we're talking LFG for Raids.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    I love when ppl put "Guild run". Wtf is that mean? You will gear some green noob friend and give him all items?
    It means it's a guild run but they are lacking 1-2 people for a reason or another.
    We have done that a few raids now for our mythic raids due to various circumstances and got few players and even some new recruits by doing so.

If it's for heroic, they want to convey they are coordinated... ofc, they can gear some green noob friend as well. You can make it "mean" anything you want tbh.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

thats cringe af. thanks
    that basically means "I bought a boost on my main for the curve and now I want others to carry my alt for free"
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It means it's a guild run but they are lacking 1-2 people for a reason or another.
    We have done that a few raids now for our mythic raids due to various circumstances and got few players and even some new recruits by doing so.

If it's for heroic, they want to convey they are coordinated... ofc, they can gear some green noob friend as well. You can make it "mean" anything you want tbh.
    everytime ive put "guild run" into a pug title it meant: were all here on our shitty garbage freshly dinged alts and need some dps to carry us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    everytime ive put "guild run" into a pug title it meant: were all here on our shitty garbage freshly dinged alts and need some dps to carry us.
    Exactly, guild run can mean anything. All you do know is that it's people from the same guild looking for more players.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I already spent my youth hardcore gaming and pushing rankings / gear / rating / whatever the hell you want to call it. I have over 30k achievement points, close to 2000 days of /played time on my main and I have raided at a high level since the game's inception. I'm not looking to be told that I'm "bad" by some internet edgelord just because I can't be assed getting curve on the 1st week a new raid is out. Quite frankly every tryhard "4/10 m lead" and "multi curved lead" group that I have joined over the past month has been choke-full of mediocre players who think that they're hot shit and can clear SLG without any communication.
    Is that a copypasta? If not, then it surely deserves to become one.

But let me ask you a direct question: Should other people be obliged to invite you to their group?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    The groups I joined in the past with titles like that tend to suck and in some cases leader just left.

It doesnt help much these days.
    And did you check their armory or raider.io if they actually had done what they wrote?
    If you didn't check then it is 100% a you-problem

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    But let me ask you a direct question: Should other people be obliged to invite you to their group?
    They are free to do whatever they want to. Just as I am free to call out "4/10 M" leads for being ridiculous. I don't mind hardcore players being picky when making groups. I don't mind mediocre players wiping and taking their time learning mechanics. What I do mind are medicore players acting like they're hot shit and God's gift to mankind because they have "curve" or 1400 r.io.

thats cringe af. thanks
    hopefully NOT ! this is the PERFECT marker to instantly leave and run as fast as you can, but prevent yourself from a LOT of wasted time and a head shock.

as long as idiots use this marker, as long as i am safe. so, no. plz kepp it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    They are free to do whatever they want to. Just as I am free to call out "4/10 M" leads for being ridiculous. I don't mind hardcore players being picky when making groups. I don't mind mediocre players wiping and taking their time learning mechanics. What I do mind are medicore players acting like they're hot shit and God's gift to mankind because they have "curve" or 1400 r.io.
    especially cause most of them bought their curve and rio, by tokens worth 100+ dollars and getting carried, 1-2 weeks after they reached level 60. since Blizz earns additional 7 bugs by doing nothing, for every token ever passed the AH, they are happy about that and ofc do nothing against or, as you see, even support it. Blizz like that ppl.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-03-03 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    especially cause most of them bought their curve and rio, by tokens worth 100+ dollars and getting carried, 1-2 weeks after they reached level 60. since Blizz earns additional 7 bugs by doing nothing, for every token ever passed the AH, they are happy about that and ofc do nothing against or, as you see, even support it. Blizz like that ppl.
    Had a ToP 14 go 40 mins over the timer yesterday in a 4/5 KSM group so....

im 12 and i cringe at everything

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Couple things I’ve picked up through the years... if a group says “fast, easy run” it will be anything but
    If a group says “need big dick dps” or something similarly idiotic it’s because the other dps are trash
    If a group says “guaranteed full clear” or “guaranteed 2 chest” you’ll be lucky to even get halfway through.
    And yeah then there are the other few people here have already mentioned.
    It's all cheap bravado. The only information that a group leader needs to put out is: what are the aims of the group (progress run, full overgeared clear, last boss only? etc.) and the requirements to join.

This isn't even the worst part. The worst part is the Raider.io checking mf's that think they're tough shit. Smfh...

- - - Updated - - -

Or the countless amount of shameless bots selling carries. Ew.

- - - Updated - - -

Shit game, blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread seems like a Blog post that isn't apt to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead