Quick report because I'm aching and just need to lay down.

56,890 new cases, about 17k fewer than last Tuesday but with a few states not reporting. Florida and Texas top the chart.

1,989 deaths is about 450 fewer than last Tuesday and brings the total to 529,214. As expected the totals keep coming down, though chances are good they'll bump back up above 2k tomorrow.

And now a story in two parts:

US Coronavirus: The country needs to hold on for another 2 or 3 months without easing up, experts say

Texas and Mississippi to lift mask mandates and roll back Covid restrictions

As an aside, Texas is consistently at or near the top of the charts in terms of new cases and deaths and their positivity is shooting back up. In other words the absolute WORST time to ease up. Fuck Texas.

Stay safe, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post

56,890 new cases, about 17k fewer than last Tuesday but with a few states not reporting. Florida and Texas top the chart.

1,989 deaths is about 450 fewer than last Tuesday and brings the total to 529,214. As expected the totals keep coming down, though chances are good they'll bump back up above 2k tomorrow.

US Coronavirus: The country needs to hold on for another 2 or 3 months without easing up, experts say

As an aside, Texas is consistently at or near the top of the charts in terms of new cases and deaths and their positivity is shooting back up. In other words the absolute WORST time to ease up. Fuck Texas.

Stay safe, folks.
    Whelp they are both pulling out their inner Florida i guess.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account

Stay safe, folks.
    at the least, Harris county (Houston area for you non-Texas residents) will likely try to keep the mask requirements
    though Im sure Abbott will then over ride them, because the Texas GOP only care about local control when its not democrats in control
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Monday quick report:

53,147 new cases is about 6k fewer than last Monday. Like Sundays, Mondays aren't very accurate, but this small of a difference is fairly disappointing compared to weeks past.

1,439 deaths is a little under 100 more than last Monday and brings the total to 527,226. Again, it's disappointing that it's gone up, but Mondays aren't usually very indicative of trends and numbers from last Monday were still a bit suppressed thanks to the winter storm. I still expect to see numbers in the range of 2k for the rest of the week which, while not good, is half what we were getting about a month ago.

WHO panel 'strongly' advises against use of hydroxychloroquine to prevent COVID-19--No, we haven't time warped back to last year. Trump's disinformation campaign has been so extensive that this warning still has to be shouted from the rooftops. Fuck Trump.

Stay safe, folks.
    Who would've thought an immunosuppressant and anti-parasitic would be bad at fighting a virus?

I think Abbott has just become an attention whore. Make as much controversy as possible, fuck the damage caused. Reminds me of someone...

I can't help but picture Texas walled off "Escape from New York" style. And then someone kidnaps Biden and takes him to Texas. And then we need to find some Snake Plisskin-type to rescue him.. But man, it'd fit more if Trump were still president.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    I can't help but picture Texas walled off "Escape from New York" style. And then someone kidnaps Biden and takes him to Texas. And then we need to find some Snake Plisskin-type to rescue him.. But man, it'd fit more if Trump were still president.
    I'll do it, but I want an eyepatch, even with two good eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Perhaps, but if it was Trump I'd be fine with just letting the gangs keep him, personally.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Perhaps, but if it was Trump I'd be fine with just letting the gangs keep him, personally.
    I'm sure his "proud boys" would charge across the border to rescue him. Or more likely his corpse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I'm sure his "proud boys" would charge across the border to rescue him. Or more likely his corpse.
    Well I mean they could never get past the hypothetical walls, of course. Walls always work, as per their narrative.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    (literally a few hours later)

A new study finds the worst states in the US for COVID and children are...Texas and Mississippi.

Nah, just kidding.

They're 48th and 49th. Louisiana is last.

It might have something to do with the dramatic economic disparity between "can afford to stay home" and "cannot afford health care, gets sick and dies". It's pretty well established that the poorest (money and health care) people in the US are in the rural Deep South.

You know, the ones against welfare.

10+ Year Old Account
    How time flies... March 4th is tomorrow... on March 5th we find out the new date when Trump takes over. Money on April 1st...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    If Trumpers were the reading types, I'd place a small bet on a move to the ides of March.

Be funny cause Trump doesn't settle his debts.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    How time flies... March 4th is tomorrow... on March 5th we find out the new date when Trump takes over. Money on April 1st...
    April 1st, then July 4th to protect America, Flag Day to hump....I mean hug more flags, Halloween where Biden takes off the mask and reveals himself to be Trump, Christmas where Trump protects Jesus form the diabolic cabal of democrats, and then New Years. Those will be the dates and much like the Rapture all of them will come and go, they'll make excuses and say it's coming soon. Before long it'll be 4 years later, Trump can't run for numerous reasons and they will say Trump is helping God on heaven.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    April 1st, then July 4th to protect America, Flag Day to hump....I mean hug more flags, Halloween where Biden takes off the mask and reveals himself to be Trump, Christmas where Trump protects Jesus form the diabolic cabal of democrats, and then New Years. Those will be the dates and much like the Rapture all of them will come and go, they'll make excuses and say it's coming soon. Before long it'll be 4 years later, Trump can't run for numerous reasons and they will say Trump is helping God on heaven.
    The July 4th one would cross with their belief Biden will relinquish power to VP Harris on thst day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    You forgot Easter, where Trump resurrects his presidency and fucks the democrats so hard they lay eggs that are hard to find....
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

On the fourth of July we will sing praise in adulation of Trump's chthonic majesty

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    On the fourth of July we will sing praise in adulation of Trump's chthonic majesty
    Really scraping the bottom of the barrel huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I was gonna say, this was even more on the nose than usual for him.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    To be fair, "chthonic majesty" is more suitable at the dark bottom of a barrel...and anywhere else dark and dank.