15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Ah yes, everyone enjoyed the fact it looks like a 3DS game running at switch resolution. The graphical power house known as Sword and Shield revered in 2021. Did the Zelda cycle become the Pokemon cycle now? Guess we're at that point where everyone pretends they loved Sword and Shield from the get go.
    Nah i still dont like them, but they still look better than funko bratz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Nah i still dont like them, but they still look better than funko bratz
    This ^^. I would prefer for the Diamond and Pearl remakes to look better than Sword and Shield, but I've been playing Game Freak games long enough to know that would never happen. Sword and Shield look pretty rouugh in some areas, but I'd take that over this god awful chibi art style they're going with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty well impresed with bravely default II so far. Voice acting is great, npc animations in screen are almost perfect and only thing that hold its back is hardware from switch. Also the npc you see outside is pretty funny, but i wont spoil it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You cannot know why they did it because
    i can do that, because again, no other remake had this "faitfhful" ass excuse

This is so bad I surprised you even bothered to type it out. If you consider them "remasters" ... guess what? All the other remakes were also remasters too.
    this one don't look like a remake like the others, only a remaster, is that hard to understand?
    And there only purpose was to make it easier to obtain the complete dex. And ignoring that DP already had more to do post game than FRLG did.
    they are new things/new features, regardless of what "their purpose was", you are comparing a remake of the bland red and green, a gameboy gabe to a DS game, you could not do a better false equivalence, see how and what changed from Red and green to the remakes

Expanded content =/= new content.
    if it was not there before is new, like or not
    The only additions to the "story" are the Kimono Girls being made more important by being there when you summon the box legendary ... huge new stuff there and having some Double Battles in the story that are only new because double battles didn't exist in Generation 2. Otherwise, it is all the same beats.
    "they didn't had new stuff except this enw stuff

ORAS has the lowest User Score of the remakes on Metacritic. is on par with Pokemon X and Y User Score. Gen 6 isn't praised. The Ultra Sun and Moon Games have higher Users scores. Games that are virtually identical to the games that game out just before are praised more.
    the only reason oras scored lower was because the "too much water and too much HM bullshit, it was a superior game all and all

HGSS > FRLG > Let's Go > ORAS per Metacritic Users. But sure ... "they're praised."
    That is 100% a lore expansion of Rayquaza and the world
    AKA, new content

n unless your bar is so low it is at "OMG WE CAN CATCH DEOXYS!"
    that is more than your bar of funko sprites because fAiThFuL
    And let's not forget that rather than give us the Battle Frontier from Emerald ... they just essentially just gave use a version of the post game town from XY. ORAS ain't praised. 7/10 Too much water.
    Thats because BF would be too hard for the kids, im sure you agree with then, since apparently you eat anything they said.

But yea rating lower the game because too much water 10/10
    Faithful does not mean "EVERYTHING IS THE SAME"
    yes, faithful only means they will be lazy on some things and give that excuse so they don't ahve to do more.
    No, but you are claiming the style is shit because you don't like it despite it being factual faithful to the style of the original fucking games.
    the style is shit because they are doing to be easy and less expansive, again, faithful is a lame excuse and im still surprised people eat that shit in 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Pretty well impresed with bravely default II so far. Voice acting is great, npc animations in screen are almost perfect and only thing that hold its back is hardware from switch. Also the npc you see outside is pretty funny, but i wont spoil it.
    I've been playing Super Mario 3D World myself, and I have to say, it may be my favorite Mario. I LOVED a game that didn't get much play in my gaming circles called New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe on Switch. I didn't actually realize 3D World had anything to do with NSMB besides of course them both being developed by Nintendo and being Mario ports....until I played Super Mario 3D World. Honestly, it feels like a much upgraded 3D re-imagining of the new(not the old) 2D games like New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe. I am just so hooked on it, lol. I cannot stop when I want to, I will beat a board, say last board, and just keep on playing when the new boards open up, making me late for stuff. I am like hooked on this game right now. Also, I LOVE that Luigi VA.

When the forum here gets into Pokedex squabbles,I just kinda skim since I am not a big fan(not really a choice, more like I was never really exposed to a full Pokemon game until Snap) but I do love the original Pokemon Snap, so I'm in for that followup at least.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-03-02 at 09:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i can do that, because again, no other remake had this "faitfhful" ass excuse
    this one don't look like a remake like the others, only a remaster, is that hard to understand?
    Translation: Your opinion is treated as a fact until you decide it no longer applies as one and anyone who disagrees is factually wrong because of it.

they are new things/new features, regardless of what "their purpose was", you are comparing a remake of the bland red and green, a gameboy gabe to a DS game, you could not do a better false equivalence, see how and what changed from Red and green to the remakes

if it was not there before is new, like or not

"they didn't had new stuff except this enw stuff
    If it is expanded content, it by definition, WAS there in a different state. Essentially your definition of "new" is anything you can squeeze the word "new" into. And it is a remake if it fits your arbitrary definitions that change depending on what game you are talking about.

the only reason oras scored lower was because the "too much water and too much HM bullshit, it was a superior game all and all
    So it was NOT praised. Seriously, how is this a hard concept to grasp, people had issues with the game that they wanted the REMAKE to address and it failed to. The people who dislike ORAS dislike ORAS because it wasn't different enough from the originals ... in other words, THEY ARE USING YOUR ARGUMENT.

AKA, new content
    Expanded content. Not new.

that is more than your bar of funko sprites because fAiThFuL
    Not really. But thanks for playing. It is a lot more work to come up with a design that is faithful to the original aspect than tack on another pokemon.

Thats because BF would be too hard for the kids, im sure you agree with then, since apparently you eat anything they said.
    No. I disagree with them leaving out the Battle Frontier because it is post game, a lot of kids do not play the post games. (Outside of Gen II and its remasters).
    The post game typically is where they put in additional challenges. Just like their argument for getting ride of the National Dex doesn't sit well with me because it doesn't make sense. In fact, the lack of the national dex is what took me out of being hyped for Sword and Shield.

yes, faithful only means they will be lazy on some things and give that excuse so they don't ahve to do more.

the style is shit because they are doing to be easy and less expansive, again, faithful is a lame excuse and im still surprised people eat that shit in 2021
    So you want them to waste time changing the style which could potential harm the game elsewhere because you hate the graphics because you have the opinion of a child "If I don't like it, it's shit." I don't like the style of Nightmare before Christmas, but I am not going to call the visuals shit because I don't like them or declare it lazy because they didn't want to do more realistic effects. That's the level of your argument.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I just saw an article stating Bravely Default 2's uk sales are barely half of Octopath Travellers in the same time and its the first time i'm even hearing it released. Boy Square really slid that one out on the downlow.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I just saw an article stating Bravely Default 2's uk sales are barely half of Octopath Travellers in the same time and its the first time i'm even hearing it released. Boy Square really slid that one out on the downlow.
    Square isn't the publisher of the game, Nintendo is. Square has literally nothing to do with the games release or marketing anywhere but Japan. Nintendo localized it, published and marketed it outside of Japan. Also are we really comparing physical sales in the middle of a pandemic to those from summer 2018? Not sure thats a great barometer there mate.

Oh yes and I looked it up and it's a whopping difference of 5k sales, 10k for octopath and 5k for BD2. Octopath went on to sell 2.5 million copies WW while having those abysmal UK sales numbers for perspective on how useless of a judge this is even without factoring it what I said above about it being physical only in the middle of a pandemic.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-03-02 at 11:57 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thats because Square Enix are retards and only market Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, their two most overrated IPs, yet they whine when other and significantly better games under their umbrella don't sell as well. Also, if the game journo hack reviews are anything to go by, a lot of people will be deterred because the game requires you to actually play smart and do some grinding in order to beat bosses rather than just facerolling everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I've also heard from a lot of people that BD2 isn't as good as the first 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Bravely Second is ass and it's impossible to not make a better game. It will probably also end up being better then BD1 if it doesn't have a terrible mid game like that did but not far enough yet to judge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Thats because Square Enix are retards and only market Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, their two most overrated IPs, yet they whine when other and significantly better games under their umbrella don't sell as well. Also, if the game journo hack reviews are anything to go by, a lot of people will be deterred because the game requires you to actually play smart and do some grinding in order to beat bosses rather than just facerolling everything.
    Square Enix has nothing to do with the marketing for this game in the west, amazing how another person thinks they do. Nintendo is the one in charge of marketing it for the west and they couldn't even be bothered to put the final trailer in the direct simply saying "we will show a new trailer after the direct" LOL.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty much more of the same, I'm not sure what people were expecting. The biggest issue I have is that the characters aren't as good as the first game and they reused a lot of enemy models as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    im still surprised not even one youtube ad. Octopath was a constant coming up to release in that regard.

10+ Year Old Account
    im still surprised not even one youtube ad. Octopath was a constant coming up to release in that regard.
    One thing you have to count is that UK is now out of EU so there are also less online orders for boxes from them.

10+ Year Old Account
    In regards to BD2, this was a question I asked on the Bravely Default subreddit and I was wondering which game to play first based on overall quality. A few people liked BD2 more, but it seemed like BS was people's favorite and a few people preferred BD1 more.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    One thing you have to count is that UK is now out of EU so there are also less online orders for boxes from them.
    Why would anyone order physical games from UK?

It is not any cheaper (on the contrary, it is likely more expensive) and even before Brexit they were pretty bad at shipping stuff off the island.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Those graphics belong in my PSP emulator
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Why would anyone order physical games from UK?

It is not any cheaper (on the contrary, it is likely more expensive) and even before Brexit they were pretty bad at shipping stuff off the island.
    They are generaly the only good source for limited editions when it comes to nintendo games. (at least here)

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    In regards to BD2, this was a question I asked on the Bravely Default subreddit and I was wondering which game to play first based on overall quality. A few people liked BD2 more, but it seemed like BS was people's favorite and a few people preferred BD1 more.
    I didn't play Bravely Second much, but I loved the first game. The writing is really well done and the voice acting really supports it so well. I liked that it was very humor focused while still delivering a good story. BD2 has a more serious tone to it and there isn't as good of a dynamic between your party members.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Those graphics belong in my PSP emulator
    Still wouldn't mean they are bad.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code