Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The problem is that Legion took massive resources to create. Blizz literally scrapped WoD development and gave us the longest content drought ever to create Legion.

BfA and SL are attempts to recreate Legion with half of Legion's budget and half of Legion's development time. Of course they end up sucking something fierce.

And the Garrison was a fantastic feature that created tons of options for goldmakers.
    Last edited by Wilfire; 2021-03-02 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    The question to me is why you enjoyed Legion at all. It had all the crappy systems we hated in a worse form.

I guess artifacts were that shiny. I can say the story was better, cause despite what some devs and hardcore posters say, WoW is ready to move away from locked factions. Legion had a story that focused on our characters. It was personal, it made you feel connected. But, they pissed on our faces at the end by making us non canon and moving to "Champion!" again. Some nobody faction slave. Which continues into SL. They at least give extra recognition to the Deathlord, but it was just at the beggining.

Actually it's telling with their arguments at Blizzcon and the embarassing covenant shouts. What they don't realise is that they have already come up with something better than factions. Classes!
    Look on discord. Do you see a popular alliance or horde discord? No. People organise and identify with their classes. Honestly, it was the only thing to like about Legion, but heck if the devs realise it. Even when they hit gold they don't understand why.
    Because blizzard has to segment everything by expansion. Class fantasy? Legion. We will never give your class special attention again because that was Legion's thing. Class armor sets? Thats class fantasy so nope thats a Legion thing too. Blizzard just doesn't take any risks by making content that stays or forever mixes up gameplay. Instead of iterating they just delete stuff, turn the triangle upside down and call it something new *cough netherlight crucible*. Order halls could have been something that shaped our characters gameplay going forward, but thats a "Legion" thing so sorry. Blizzard spent all that time making the garrison, but now it just sits there in a bubble.

Next expansion the covenants will just he sitting there as outdated content too. Why do they keep making these systems they will just throw away?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Because blizzard has to segment everything by expansion. Class fantasy? Legion. We will never give your class special attention again because that was Legion's thing. Class armor sets? Thats class fantasy so nope thats a Legion thing too. Blizzard just doesn't take any risks by making content that stays or forever mixes up gameplay. Instead of iterating they just delete stuff, turn the triangle upside down and call it something new *cough netherlight crucible*. Order halls could have been something that shaped our characters gameplay going forward, but thats a "Legion" thing so sorry. Blizzard spent all that time making the garrison, but now it just sits there in a bubble.

Next expansion the covenants will just he sitting there as outdated content too. Why do they keep making these systems they will just throw away?
    My theory is that they have massive dev turnover and the new ones don't even know what a garrison or a class hall is

I wonder who are all these tards saying anima is only for cosmetic.

Players need anima to upgrade transport network, which facilitates traveling in home zone.
    Players need anima to run adventure missions, which reward gear, rep, mounts, pets.

"Anima is only for cosmetic" is clearly said tards who don't really play the game or understand covenants.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post

Players need anima to upgrade transport network, which facilitates traveling in home zone.
    Players need anima to run adventure missions, which reward gear, rep, mounts, pets.

"Anima is only for cosmetic" is clearly said tards who don't really play the game or understand covenants.
    My paladin has 0 transport network because it’s 6k to get it to a slightly useful point

The gear is 194 which if you do normal raid is useless

You also get 194 from WQ

You can do all of your weekly chores including adventures on the 1k anima you get doing the weekly

Pets and mounts are also cosmetic

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    My paladin has 0 transport network because it’s 6k to get it to a slightly useful point

The gear is 194 which if you do normal raid is useless

You also get 194 from WQ

You can do all of your weekly chores including adventures on the 1k anima you get doing the weekly

Pets and mounts are also cosmetic
    Yes, so, in sum, Anima is not only for cosmetic.

Cosmetic and convinience*
    The gear is really useless... when you get to the point where you get 194 you probably allready clear other content... unless you don't pay that char beyond missiontable, which turn begs the question of the gear is of any use to you... becuase you don't use it anyway.

Btw "tards"? Really?

This would require work, so it wont happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Saying the world scales with you and not feeling you are becoming more powerful is BS.

At least be honest when giving your opiniom about stuff.

It helps with the credibility you know?
    but dont you know that you literally just walk into the beat warrens and one shot the maw mobs without any gear???
    /s

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, so, in sum, Anima is not only for cosmetic.
    it is
    if you try saying the transport network is so super duper useful then in 9.1 its just cosmetic
    you arent behind in any way if you dont make a transport network

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    it is
    if you try saying the transport network is so super duper useful then in 9.1 its just cosmetic
    you arent behind in any way if you dont make a transport network
    Transport network =/= cosmetic.

There is no need to discuss this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    What's Blizzard's sick form of torture of being so anti getting around the game world quickly?

- Shadowlands flight paths are the worst, always needing to fly to Oribos to get to another SL zone. Really Blizz, you think that's fun and cool?

- And easy on the load screens already. Holy cow it's load screen city in this game lately. And I have a fast gaming rig with 64GB DDR4 with a solid state drive and newest Intel CPU. And I'm sick of the load screens just kills the immersion MMO factor.

- No flight whistle? And why is that?

- Most classes have some form of quick fast walking or floating or whatnot on a cool down. But it's a sick joke, like DK's get Wraith Walk move fast for what several seconds, then wait on the long cool down. It's like Blizzard lives to tease us, ok you can move quickly, but only for a very short time, then back to crawling slow movement.

- The Maw. Who at Blizz thought a whole zone with virtually no mounting wouid be fun? Yeah you can grab that one mount in there, but still. It's basically no riding in The Maw just slow walking. How is that fun?

- Legacy old content, let us frigging mount up in old Raids abd Dungeons, or at least make the cool downs much shorter or last longer for our classes Wraith Walk type spells.
    We've had two expansions with traveling convenience such as the flight whistle.

Get the wormhole generator. Easy fix to your "issues".

Mounting in raids and dungeons to make them go faster?

Why not just give you all the shit you want when you log in? Why play the game at all, right?
    Hi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    We've had two expansions with traveling convenience such as the flight whistle.

Get the wormhole generator. Easy fix to your "issues".

Mounting in raids and dungeons to make them go faster?

Why not just give you all the shit you want when you log in? Why play the game at all, right?
    This kind of strawmen from the usual sh... I mean fervent Blizzard fans always fills makes me feel gleeful inside. It means that they don't have any actual arguments worth discussing, so they have no choice but to post that kind of random #$&@ - while probably thinking they are oh-so-smart as well.

More on topic, I fully agree with OP's sentiments, if not with his/her actual examples.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    This kind of strawmen from the usual sh... I mean fervent Blizzard fans always fills makes me feel gleeful inside. It means that they don't have any actual arguments worth discussing, so they have no choice but to post that kind of random #$&@ - while probably thinking they are oh-so-smart as well.

More on topic, I fully agree with OP's sentiments, if not with his/her actual examples.
    Clever post. Clearly I'm a shill or sheep or whatever mature thing you'd call me just because I feel that the game doesn't have to be extremely convenient at every corner.
    I do appreciate the irony here as well, mind you.
    Hi

Transport network =/= cosmetic.

There is no need to discuss this.
    The transport network really isn't worth the anima it costs, and flying is on the way anyway to make it even less handy.

You're probably spending more time grinding anima for it than you would save time actually using it.

Yes, its not 'strictly cosmetic', but "cosmetic and questionably useful things" isn't terribly mandatory either.

Lost of text]
    Thats like totally your opinion man. For me, and a lot of others... legion was the start of the worst things in the game and focus was purely in time sink, gated content and rng.... And it has just been worse iterations after that.... Legion just sucked less but was the start of the downfall. Definitely not an expansion to praise....
    Everything went to shit after MoP....

You're really burned out though, even if you dont want to admit it.
    And you wanting the same old shit is so much more fun than new systems?

We don't have artifacts or azerite and convenant gear is completely optional and a catch up mechanic you can just ignore totally.
    So dont grind for anima then? Whats the issue? Or do you simply want everything handed to you on login? What would the alternative be?
    World quests are just modern version of dailes and also totally optional and something you can completely ignore.

No, there's no possibility for that, Ion is making a fantastic job towards the shareholders and board of directors.
    Just quit bro, its extremely obvious you've burned out and lost interest in wow.

But just for giggles... So with your idea, what new stuff would we have for an expansion? Nothing? Geez, sounds fun dude

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    The transport network really isn't worth the anima it costs, and flying is on the way anyway to make it even less handy.
    For Venthyr you can repair mirrors once your network is at rank 3. Those mirrors have a chance at containing a chest with cosmetics in them. So not all are strictly travel though all are convenience or cosmetic related rather then character power.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Big WoW player since launch, I still love this game 17 years later. Of the recent expansions the past 5+ years, I LOVED Legion, it's easily one of my fav expansions, so many cool new things to do in it, and it was a fresh and so fun, never stale or boring whatsoever. Class Halls, and artifact appearances, specific class mounts, and Mage Tower and a new class in Demon Hunter, they created Mythic + dungeons, etc...

But lately with BfA ( Legion 2.0 ) and now Shadowlands ( Legion 3.0 ) I'm starting to hit a wall in boredom of the same old, same old. It feels like Legion, just continued, but not in a good way.
    Same here. I play since launch of vanilla. And Legion was one of the best xpacks ever (for me). The only xpac that was better (again for me) was BC.
    But i dont think that BfA or SL have "legion vibes".Legion got great storytelling, a xpac theme with the legion as long time enemy.Every piece of Content felt worthy. Do some Worldsquests for Artifakt power, 1 lucky shot on wf/tf items and fpr your leggy-chance.
    Same for heroic dungeon, lfr, hc raids,

Doing content in BfA felt worthy to, tanks to wf/tf, azerithpower, echo-faming. but the story telling was ....in my opinion really bad.

Now in SL nearly every content feel like its not worth my time. Even M+. Do some for your vault, but for what go hc-raids when you raid m<ythic ? there isnt even a slight chance to improve your character. You can spend a lot of time in the game, of course - farming cosmetics.

Storytelling is ok so far, but i couldnt care less about the covenants, soulbinds or the jailer as "villain".

To answer your question, i really hope we get Legion 2.0 next xpac. With a cool/dangerous enemy/xpac theme, meaningful content, good storytelling, and charpower progression without mechanics like the great vault lottery.

As long as this shity Anima =/= AP/Azerite works they will do other expansions. When players gets tired of the they will change it.
    I for one am tired of this expansion and it's system and will cancel my sub till next xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    Renown == AP/Azerite

Case closed.
    Fixed that for you.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Clever post. Clearly I'm a shill or sheep or whatever mature thing you'd call me just because I feel that the game doesn't have to be extremely convenient at every corner.
    I do appreciate the irony here as well, mind you.
    More strawmen, I see. It's like your kind doesn't know any other way of expressing your... Shall we say, thoughts? You are funny
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.