Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Rogue Update in Patch 9.0.5

Rogue Update in Patch 9.0.5
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    In patch 9.0.5, we’re reworking the Rogue Necrolord Covenant ability Serrated Bone Spike. We’re now testing this set of changes:

• Rogue
      • Serrated Bone Spike initial damage increased by 300%.
      • Resolved an issue that prevented Serrated Bone Spike’s initial damage from dealing a critical strike.
      • Serrated Bone Spike now grants 1 combo point plus 1 per active bone spike after it strikes the target.
      • Serrated Bone Spike no longer refunds a charge and gets removed when the target is healed to full.
      • Serrated Bone Spike is now removed when the target leaves combat.

The design intention for this button is: impale your enemy with a bone spike from Maldraxxus, inflicting a permanent damage over time on them. We found that while the ability performed well in situations where multiple targets persisted for long times, it was unattractive elsewhere.

Greatly increasing the spell’s initial damage should improve its performance in the ‘other’ situations, including those where the enemy doesn’t live very long. However, we then feel we need to address a problem with the ability in PvP. Previously, if the afflicted target was healed to full, the damage over time effect would be removed and a charge of the spell refunded. The way this played out was the effect constantly being removed and charges constantly being refunded. As a result, the Rogue is compelled to constantly hit this button. With an increase to the initial damage component, this could be problematic. So we’re removing that mechanic, and we’re removing the bleed entirely whenever a player leaves combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rouge Updates. Nice.

Yes, update rogues. Nevermind BM and survival hunters, frost and arcane mages, demon hunters, all 3 lock specs. Just keep tweaking one of most popular classes right now, fuck everyone who plays the aforementioned specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Yes, update rogues. Nevermind BM and survival hunters, frost and arcane mages, demon hunters, all 3 lock specs. Just keep tweaking one of most popular classes right now, fuck everyone who plays the aforementioned specs.
    Rogues are one of the most underrepresented classes in PVP and raids right now, what are you talking about?

Try not to make this all about yourself, okay? Rogues have needed a little love for a while now.

It's not just a single underperforming spec, it's an entire class, and you're not wrong to mention warlocks too, who also are an entire class of underperformers, but the others all have viable specs. In fact, I can't believe you even mention demon hunters; demon hunters are the kings of M+ right now, ezmode timing a +15 with a DH tank, and do well in PVP and raids.

It's not unreasonable to address rogues who have had major issues go unaddressed for awhile now. It's just one of several updates likely to be coming, try not to get your panties in a knot just yet, as your favourite class may be the next one on the list, and then you won't be whining about getting no love, you'll just be seeing other people whine.

Sincerely,

a Paladin who hasn't had to worry about my class sucking ever

15+ Year Old Account
    Given how badly rogues are right now, barring combat in m+ and raid situations with 2+ targets?

This is the rogue forums, take the bitching to the appropriate forums.

Also, Affliction locks dont need any buffs, they're OP, in all pve situations. Stating 'all three lock specs' is dumb as hell and shows you dont know squat about what you're trying to be up at arms about.

That being said

These buffs look pretty fantastic. How does it compare to Flagellation tho?
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

all 3 lock specs.
    lulz WHAT?!?!

Dude, rogue has been historically one of the least played classes overall. Popular on pvp and since Legion in M+ but thats about it.

Do you think the ability will still gain a charge when a target dies?
    Last edited by secondratetech; 2021-03-03 at 06:14 PM.

Joke of the year. Warlock is clearly Blizzard's favorite kid.

Unrelated, but as a PvP (only) sub rogue is it even worth staying Kyrian? Flagellation was hot garbage, which is why I switched, but I'm not sure if ER is even worth it anymore. Is Flagellation better?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    With the perma-slow and stupidly powerful dot synergies, Afflic needs a nerf. Shadow Priests have to play around with the most awkward dot spread ever designed while Afflics just lol and destroy.

Did you just have the audacity to complain about fucking Warlock? You know, the class that has historically ALWAYS been way above average, if not the absolute best? In pretty much every tier? In pretty much every expansion? Since basically forever?

Yes, Demo has kinda been shit ever since it's Legion rework and they've never really managed to get away from it's meme-y whatever niche. But either fucking stupid ass Affli or fucking dumb ass Destro are ALWAYS putting Warlock into the top 3 specs for raiding. Al-Fucking-Ways. So boo-fucking-hoo, Destro isn't #1 for 1 tier, please Blizzard, step in, this can't be happening, Warlocks are in DIRE NEED of attention, they're possibly even worse off than SV Hunters, Feral Druids, Enhancer Shamans, Ret Paladins AND Arcane Mages combined (I'd usually take WW Monks into that list too, but since they have their lucky tier this time around I think it wouldn't exactly get my point across... despite them competing with Ret for the absolute worst spec in the game over the last like 5 years).

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    We need more than this.....
    This ability is not even useful while on gcd.

What are you guys talking about? Nearly every 24+ clear has one rogue and one mage in its setup. So rogues for m+ are currently meta and dont need buffs.

And in raids: looking at all melees, assa is 2nd or 3rd best st dps especially with the buffs on current ptr. Outlaw has veeery strong cleave damage and utility.

And pvp is fine. The top 3 arena teams have rogues.... and in rated bgs rating there are rogues in p2,p4 and p14. So they are very strong. In raids they have the issue that ranged are overtuned and raid is meleeunfriendly. But they are still popular for mythic raiding.

I am pretty sure you infamously announced you were quitting WoW and this forum and here you are

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post

Imagine he means pvp and class design and not at all pve.(obviously?) The joke is on you.

They should have nerfed Affliction. Instead, it got a buff. Demo locks are the saddest of the three. Let's talk about balance druids and fire mages staying untouched

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Did you just have the audacity to complain about fucking Warlock? You know, the class that has historically ALWAYS been way above average, if not the absolute best? In pretty much every tier? In pretty much every expansion? Since basically forever?

Yes, Demo has kinda been shit ever since it's Legion rework and they've never really managed to get away from it's meme-y whatever niche. But either fucking stupid ass Affli or fucking dumb ass Destro are ALWAYS putting Warlock into the top 3 specs for raiding. Al-Fucking-Ways. So boo-fucking-hoo, Destro isn't #1 for 1 tier, please Blizzard, step in, this can't be happening, Warlocks are in DIRE NEED of attention, they're possibly even worse off than SV Hunters, Feral Druids, Enhancer Shamans, Ret Paladins AND Arcane Mages combined (I'd usually take WW Monks into that list too, but since they have their lucky tier this time around I think it wouldn't exactly get my point across... despite them competing with Ret for the absolute worst spec in the game over the last like 5 years).
    tbh Demo was shit most throughout of its history, but yeah the other specs were very often anong the best specs in the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    You sound so stupid..do you even play this game? Rogues are far from the most popular class and are the most underrepresented. Get real kid. Jesus.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    tbh Demo was shit most throughout of its history, but yeah the other specs were very often anong the best specs in the game.
    Demo is in a bad place because it's a turret. Most of these CN fights require heavy movement, which Demo and to a degree, destro cant do.

Which is one reason why Affliction is doing so (too) well. If there was a patchwerk styled fight, I'm almost positive Demo would destroy Affliction in pure dps once they ramp up.

That being said.

Locks dont need buffs, as a lock player in heroic raiding and high M+ keys, they're fine. They need some tuning changes and perhaps making a few of Demos abilities to be cast on the move (more than what they have).

But this thread isnt about locks.

I'm really curious to see if this beats out Flag now. One of my raiding/M+ buddies currently runs flagellation because the other covenant abilities are kinda ass (or were). But does this make it on par with the newly buffed Flag?
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Stupid people come in all shapes, colors, and sizes. This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever read so far this year. Utterly Ridiculous.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned