You know what's going to happen in Texas. Cases go up, and "Look how Biden has failed to control the pandemic".

Quote Originally Posted by daughterofgirl View Post
    You are so brave. I'm afraid of that.

My mom recently got the first vaccine, but I'm afraid. My kith told me a lot of terrible things and I read a lot of unpleasant things. These facts stop me every day...

As I know you are injected virus but in a small dose. Is it true?
    I'm an old guy and not in the greatest shape. If I can take it, so can you. There is no virus injected and there is nothing to be afraid of.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    You know what's going to happen in Texas. Cases go up, and "Look how Biden has failed to control the pandemic".
    Yep, they blamed the outages and destruction on Biden. Even though it was literally Abbott that sued to keep the state from upgrading their stuff and winterize everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daughterofgirl View Post
    As I know you are injected virus but in a small dose. Is it true?
    Pfizer works with RNA, its a mRNA vaccine that order the cell mitocondria to produce proteins identical to the ones of the sars-cov-2 shell. So when you infected, the imune systhem reacts and destroys the virus.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Yep. GOP actively and knowingly kills people, then blames the 'Libs for their deplorableness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Yep, they blamed the outages and destruction on Biden. Even though it was literally Abbott that sued to keep the state from upgrading their stuff and winterize everything.
    Yeah, and Biden won’t say it’s happening only in red states, so it’s their problem. Which is a good thing...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

I mean that sure feels good to think about, but sadly there are millions who don't back the current Death Cult leading the state that would suffer as a result.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it: The wrong people are getting covid. It should be the folks like Abott and Patrick, not someone's relative who abides by CDC guidelines but gets infected because some fuckin shitdick wearing a chin diaper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Michael Moore
    I imagine in the next 6 years, when Dems turn Texas Blue. Michael Moore will demand 120% of the credit.

EU is starting the process of authorizing the Russian vaccine - https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/em...vid-19-vaccine

EMA’s human medicines committee (CHMP) has started a rolling review of Sputnik V (Gam-COVID-Vac), a COVID-19 vaccine1 developed by Russia’s Gamaleya National Centre of Epidemiology and Microbiology. The EU applicant for this medicine is R-Pharm Germany GmbH.
    R-Pharm seems to be a German company with deep pharma connections to Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You really need to read actual facts and not whatever you have been. There is no virus in the vaccines.
    The AZ one does actually use a dead cold virus modified with the spike proteins, and can - and I speak from personal experience - make you feel like absolute shit for a couple of days. None of the vaccines however contain a complete SARS-Cov-2 virus.

HEY! You remember how the governor of Texas re-opened the state 100% and then turned around to blame migrants for spreading the virus?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/04/polit...=AndroidMobile

DHS has already set plans in motion to use Federal Emergency Management Agency funds to support community efforts to test, isolate and quarantine migrants released from Border Patrol custody, the official told CNN. But the grant money needs to be approved by the state before it can be distributed to border communities. CNN previously reported plans were underway to use FEMA funds to help localities acquire tests.

As of Wednesday, Texas had not yet provided a response to the administration since engaging with the Department of Homeland Security.
    So...he's blaming a problem that he's making worse rather than accept federal funding for testing and isolation for these asylum seekers being released.

Once more, the Death Cult party continues to show that they're doing their damndest to kill as many people as they possibly can in as short a period as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The AZ one does actually use a dead cold virus modified with the spike proteins, and can - and I speak from personal experience - make you feel like absolute shit for a couple of days. None of the vaccines however contain a complete SARS-Cov-2 virus.
    Was going to say the same.

However, with the caveat that it's technically none yet in the western countries. The Sinovac vaccine is actually a complete Sars-Cov-2 virus that has been inactivated.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/03/04/...te-floridians/

Apparently, your best shot at getting a vaccine in the US, especially in Florida, is to be rich and white.

If you're a person of color in FL, or the US writ large...well...good fuckin luck, because despite communities of color being disproportionately impacted by the virus they're also getting ratfucked out of getting the vaccine.

Ron DeSantis is truly the High Priest of the Death Cult.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.statnews.com/2021/03/04/...te-floridians/

If you're a person of color in FL, or the US writ large...well...good fuckin luck, because despite communities of color being disproportionately impacted by the virus they're also getting ratfucked out of getting the vaccine.
    There are many issues brought up, but in this particular case it wasn't like white people were taking all the vaccines for themselves: "Some 250 shots were available to over-65-year-olds and health care workers on Feb. 13. By the end of the day, only around half had been used." They had no plan to let locals know there was even a vaccine event nearby and then put it in the middle of nowhere that needed to be driven to. They didn't even ask the people working there if they had been vaccinated and told them to go home without using the excess.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, if I read this right: even with a new captain at the helm, the U.S. still makes a shitshow out of their C19 response?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    HEY! You remember how the governor of Texas re-opened the state 100% and then turned around to blame migrants for spreading the virus?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/04/polit...=AndroidMobile

So...he's blaming a problem that he's making worse rather than accept federal funding for testing and isolation for these asylum seekers being released.

Once more, the Death Cult party continues to show that they're doing their damndest to kill as many people as they possibly can in as short a period as they can.
    Well, this is the same state that has a former governor say "Texans would be without electricity for longer than three days to keep the federal government out of their business.’

So, there is that. Maybe Trump is right in the fact we need a wall. Just not around Mexico. I say more like Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    So, if I read this right: even with a new captain at the helm, the U.S. still makes a shitshow out of their C19 response?
    Different reasons, and it's not a universal shit show. Some states mostly have their shit together and are able to handle the distribution without completely fucking things up.

But overall, yeah...things are not great.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    There's the federal response and the state responses.

The federal response has improved significantly, the DPA is now being used for more vaccine production and they're apparently getting their shit together with distribution and support for states vaccination programs.

The state response is still what it always was, uneven as fuck. Some governors continue to take it seriously across both parties, however the governors of states like South Dakota, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Texas etc. largely seem to continue to "lead by not existing, or redirecting support to wealthier donors/areas". Those at the folks I call "death cultists", because they seem pretty casual about tens of thousands of their citizens dying due to their failure to implement and enforce CDC guidance etc.

Both impact the respective state responses, but a competent federal response is undermined by an incompetent state response, just as a competent state response can be hamstrung by an incompetent federal response.

So Italy, with EU backing, just stole - sorry, "blocked shipment" - of 250,000 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine that Australia had paid for, with the reasoning being "we want/need it more than you." Basically if you are incompetent in your handling of the virus and in negotiating with vaccine producers, you can just take what you want.

This is what vaccine nationalism that the WHO has been warning about looks like.

Luckily it shouldn't affect the roll out here, but it is a terrible precedence. (And of note, the vaccines doses Australia is paying for and producing aren't just for Australia - we have committed to provide them for free to Pacific island nations that couldn't really afford it otherwise.)