15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    In regards to BD2, this was a question I asked on the Bravely Default subreddit and I was wondering which game to play first based on overall quality. A few people liked BD2 more, but it seemed like BS was people's favorite and a few people preferred BD1 more.
    1 is Soul: the game. Not many rpgs are better than it in general

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Translation: Your opinion is treated as a fact until you decide it no longer applies as one and anyone who disagrees is factually wrong because of it.
    yeah, too bad people will not seize of the new technology and generation to have things like pokemon walking outside the pokeball and mounting pokemons like lets go because in our remakes because "wE wAnT to Be FaItHfUl"

If it is expanded content, it by definition, WAS there in a different state.
    it was not there, it is now, period.

So it was NOT praised. Seriously, how is this a hard concept to grasp,
    it is praised, 37/40 to me is a awesome game and the fans loved

how is a hard to grasp that the complaints of too much water is bullshit when ruby and sapphire had the same "problem"?

Expanded content. Not new.
    it was not there before, with new things to do and new characters = new
    It is a lot more work to come up with a design that is faithful to the original aspect than tack on another pokemon.
    HAHAH can you even believe yourself saying that kind of crap?

So you want them to waste time changing the style which could potential harm the game elsewhere because you hate the graphics because you have the opinion of a child "If I don't like it, it's shit."
    "potential harm the game" - said no one else ever, because it never did to other remakes before

the chibi funko style is the style of a child, well, i retract that, not even children would like tose things this days, we could have get a awesome game with all the features of previous games and enhanced by the platform, like riding on pokemons on let's go, mounting then to use HMs which would be perfect for a place like sinnoh and the use of rock climb and so much more.

but then again, why waste time on those things when they can be lazy, say "wE wAnT to Be FaItHfUl" and people will not just eat it but buy in the millions?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    yeah, too bad people will not seize of the new technology and generation to have things like pokemon walking outside the pokeball and mounting pokemons like lets go because in our remakes because "wE wAnT to Be FaItHfUl"
    And people like you if they did that would just be going "See gamefreak is being lazy because they just giving us the same stuff over and over without trying something new."

it was not there, it is now, period.
    No, it was there in a different form. You are just desperate to justify your hypocritical stance it is humorous at this point.

it is praised, 37/40 to me is a awesome game and the fans loved

how is a hard to grasp that the complaints of too much water is bullshit when ruby and sapphire had the same "problem"?
    Fans rated it about a 7/10 on average ... depending on your view, that is an AVERAGE game and a lot of fans didn't love it. Again, this is you arguing your opinion is factual when it isn't.

it was not there before, with new things to do and new characters = new
    No. Adding to content that was there isn't new. It is expanded content, not the same thing regardless of how much you try to twist the word "new" into it.

HAHAH can you even believe yourself saying that kind of crap?
    You literally think that designing a game to be similar to a game that came out 15 years ago is less work than slapping on one additional encounter and you think I am the one that believes crap? Yeah, no. That's you. Your bar is literally "THEY GAVE US AN ENCOUNTER WITH DEOXYS" ... that's clearly lower than mine.

"potential harm the game" - said no one else ever, because it never did to other remakes before
    Because FRLG gave access to Kanto mons that were available ... fans got pokemon they wanted back.
    HGSS completed the GS story that had to be cut down so it was a more complete version of Kanto.
    ORAS is only praised because we got more remakes, and people complain that ORAS was lazy AND complained about the design ... again, your argument.

the chibi funko style is the style of a child, well, i retract that, not even children would like tose things this days, we could have get a awesome game with all the features of previous games and enhanced by the platform, like riding on pokemons on let's go, mounting then to use HMs which would be perfect for a place like sinnoh and the use of rock climb and so much more.

but then again, why waste time on those things when they can be lazy, say "wE wAnT to Be FaItHfUl" and people will not just eat it but buy in the millions?
    Again this is you arguing like a child that because you don't like the design it is therefore lazy. That's your entire argument you don't like it therefore lazy. You don't have a point, you don't care to actually make one. Your only argument is "I don't like it." Just because you don't like it does not make it bad, does not make the developers lazy ... it just makes you seem like a fool ... are you a fool? The games aren't out yet, we have one trailer and some additional information, and you have declared it bad because you don't like it.

And Chibi style? Have you played a pokemon game before EVER in your life besides Sword and Shield? The overworld spirits were always on the Chibi side of things ... this isn't new. If you hate chibi design, why would you even play pokemon in the first place?
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2021-03-03 at 06:21 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    You two should probably just take it to DMs if you care so much. At this point the rest of us have moved on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    1 is Soul: the game. Not many rpgs are better than it in general
    Soul like the Pixar movie or soul, like it has a lot of soul?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished chapter 1 of BD2.

The gameplay hasn't changed a whole lot from the 3DS games. There's a lot of bosses even in the first chapter which defeating them allows you to unlock more job skills. The story isn't bad, it's not a whole lot different early on from the other games, however the bosses are a bit less pretentious than the original game. You are also more incentivized in the early game to level up as many job classes as you can because they all come at you with different combinations that can wreck certain classes. The last boss in chapter 1 you NEED a White Mage and a Bard as two separate party members because he hits like a Mack truck and will one shot your casters and even some physical classes.

My biggest complaint has to be the job class system in this game compared to the original Bravely Default. Take Black Mage for instance. In the original game, you had 3 elemental spells and there were 3 levels of those spells, Thunder/Blizzard/Fire, Thundara/Blizzara/Fira and Thundaga/Blizzaga/Firaga which were unlockable at job levels 1, 3 and 7. In BD2, those spells are all still there, but Poison is the only other spell the class learns along with a couple of passive abilities, across the 12 job levels. In the original you had Dark, Sleep, Drain, Fear, Aspir, Death and Kill all in your toolbox when using a Black Mage, up to job level 14. White Mages are much the same, a lot of their support spells and even their damage spells were neutered from the job class. You are left with Cure/Cura/Curaga for healing spells, Rise and Arise for resurrection along with Esuna for clearing some status effects. It's also worth griping that you have no spells or items to remove status effects like Doom in chapter 1, and there's a bunch of enemies that can use it so you are forced to zerg a lot of mob encounters. The upside though is that you get early access to single use damage items which can make clearing dungeons while reserving MP a lot easier, and can help to take out bosses more quickly, especially when they have support adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Just finished chapter 1 of BD2.

The gameplay hasn't changed a whole lot from the 3DS games. There's a lot of bosses even in the first chapter which defeating them allows you to unlock more job skills. The story isn't bad, it's not a whole lot different early on from the other games, however the bosses are a bit less pretentious than the original game. You are also more incentivized in the early game to level up as many job classes as you can because they all come at you with different combinations that can wreck certain classes. The last boss in chapter 1 you NEED a White Mage and a Bard as two separate party members because he hits like a Mack truck and will one shot your casters and even some physical classes.

My biggest complaint has to be the job class system in this game compared to the original Bravely Default. Take Black Mage for instance. In the original game, you had 3 elemental spells and there were 3 levels of those spells, Thunder/Blizzard/Fire, Thundara/Blizzara/Fira and Thundaga/Blizzaga/Firaga which were unlockable at job levels 1, 3 and 7. In BD2, those spells are all still there, but Poison is the only other spell the class learns along with a couple of passive abilities, across the 12 job levels. In the original you had Dark, Sleep, Drain, Fear, Aspir, Death and Kill all in your toolbox when using a Black Mage, up to job level 14. White Mages are much the same, a lot of their support spells and even their damage spells were neutered from the job class. You are left with Cure/Cura/Curaga for healing spells, Rise and Arise for resurrection along with Esuna for clearing some status effects. It's also worth griping that you have no spells or items to remove status effects like Doom in chapter 1, and there's a bunch of enemies that can use it so you are forced to zerg a lot of mob encounters. The upside though is that you get early access to single use damage items which can make clearing dungeons while reserving MP a lot easier, and can help to take out bosses more quickly, especially when they have support adds.
    You can remove doom. Your starting class can learn that skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    You can remove doom. Your starting class can learn that skill.
    Go figure the guy saying journalists don't know how to play the game, actually doesn't know how to play the game. Shocker.

Also classes grind out fast AF in BD2, you can be super strong in act 1 so I have no idea how anyone would be having trouble there. The pacing on power creep is way faster then in the 3DS games.

15+ Year Old Account
    You two should probably just take it to DMs if you care so much. At this point the rest of us have moved on.

- - - Updated - - -

Soul like the Pixar movie or soul, like it has a lot of soul?
    It has lots of soul out into it i dont see much of nowadays

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Go figure the guy saying journalists don't know how to play the game, actually doesn't know how to play the game. Shocker.

Also classes grind out fast AF in BD2, you can be super strong in act 1 so I have no idea how anyone would be having trouble there. The pacing on power creep is way faster then in the 3DS games.
    Well 1.st thing you should get is Job xp up skill (it takes a while to grid to needed lvl), but after this it adds up.
    Right now i am at the demo boss dungeon (second one) and also taking it slow as i wana try all new classes.

But yeah this game will make you read stats (puting 2 weapons is usualy not that good on some classes as it reduces damage and slows you down).
    Its realy not a game for begginers into games like this (unless you play on easy like a loser ).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

Well it doesnt help when you have a guy kill everything for you while you spam default in the prologue

Well 1.st thing you should get is Job xp up skill (it takes a while to grid to needed lvl), but after this it adds up.
    Right now i am at the demo boss dungeon (second one) and also taking it slow as i wana try all new classes.

But yeah this game will make you read stats (puting 2 weapons is usualy not that good on some classes as it reduces damage and slows you down).
    Its realy not a game for begginers into games like this (unless you play on easy like a loser ).
    The auto equip is actually smart in this game, I have only encountered issues with it for healers. Newcomers to bravely should be using it to get a good idea of what you should equip.

You also get JP Orbs and other ridiculous shit just by letting the boat do its thing in sleep mode. With some new asterisks I have been able to max out the class from the get go because of this. If people aren't using this when they stop playing the game they should.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Well it doesnt help when you have a guy kill everything for you while you spam default in the prologue
    Motherfucker will res and heal you too so no need to even default lmao.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-03-03 at 11:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    And people like you if they did that would just be going "See gamefreak is being lazy because they just giving us the same stuff over and over without trying something new."
    that is bullshit and you know it, those are features that we didn't had before in sinnoh, so it would be new, besides it is one of the best things in the recent games, who the hell would complain about that? you are just talking out of thin air now.

Plus, how doing this is "trying something new?" they are just remastering the old games lmao.
    No, it was there in a different form. You are just desperate to justify your hypocritical stance it is humorous at this point.
    you are the one trying to dismiss the new things to support your hypocrite stance of "there was nothing new so there is no problem if the remakes now have nothing new"
    Fans rated it about a 7/10 on average ...
    yeah, too much water and hms, we already talked about how that complaint is obnoxious
    No. Adding to content that was there isn't new. It is expanded content, not the same thing regardless of how much you try to twist the word "new" into it.
    the content was not there, period, you can't keep parroting those things.

You literally think that designing a game to be similar to a game that came out 15 years ago is less work
    it literally is, is way less work than put sinnoh into lets go/sword and shield graphic and thats why they did.

Because FRLG gave access to Kanto mons that were available ... fans got pokemon they wanted back.
    HGSS completed the GS story that had to be cut down so it was a more complete version of Kanto.
    and why they harm the games?
    ORAS is only praised because we got more remakes, and people complain that ORAS was lazy AND complained about the design ... again, your argument.
    they complained about oras because too much water and HMs
    Again this is you arguing like a child that because you don't like the design it is therefore lazy.
    And you are arguing thinking is awesome, you do you buddy, too bad your standards are below ground to notice.

And Chibi style? Have you played a pokemon game before EVER in your life besides Sword and Shield? The overworld spirits were always on the Chibi side of things ... this isn't new. If you hate chibi design, why would you even play pokemon in the first place?
    then why not make like it was in Oras, lets go, sun and moon, etc etc etc? why do the lazy style? if it was always like that it was always faithful no? but now wE wAnT to Be FaItHfUl", bs argument

Anyway, this is will be my last comment, you can defend this the way you look, the points have being made and no one will change the other view.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-03-03 at 11:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    -snip-
    No, it isn't bullshit. It is a fact, and you know it. And no, you have already stated adding mega evolution wouldn't count for you, so you are now 100% a hypocrite you aren't even bothering trying to hide it. And yes, they are trying something new ... outsourcing the remake, making a more faithful to the original remake ... those are new and certainly should count as new under you so board definition that anything can be possibly described as new counts as new.

Yes, because fans wanted the removal of HMs ... the prior games in the series reduced reliance on HM. Black and White required a SINGLE use of a HM to beat. XY had couple sections that required HMs, but not nearly as much as past games where several HMs were required to beat the game. What you aren't getting is that complaint you are calling "obnoxious" is literally your complaint about BDSP. You are calling your own argument obnoxious but rather than recognize that and go "Wait, maybe I am being foolish here" you are doubling down.

The content was there. You keep parroting the same crap which is why I am repeating myself. And no, it would be less work to build off Sword and Shield overworld than rebuild from the DS game. Seriously, you are so wrong here, I am thinking you are going to start arguing the Earth is flat next.

I said taking a risk can harm the games. Generally when remakes or remasters change too much people are upset ... if they don't change enough people are upset. Like not cutting down on the water and HM in ORAS ... again, it is literally your argument and yet you call that one obnoxious but your argument is valid. You are a hypocrite and don't give a damn about it. You will change your argument to suit your desire and pretend it is consistent.

Why be faithful? Because it is a NEW thing to try. So do you want them to do new things or do you want them to feed you the same crap every year? And it is your last comment most likely because you realized your argument is garbage.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

In regards to BD2, this was a question I asked on the Bravely Default subreddit and I was wondering which game to play first based on overall quality. A few people liked BD2 more, but it seemed like BS was people's favorite and a few people preferred BD1 more.
    Its a weird one where BD1 ends with a post credits stinger for bravely second which takes place in the same world, has half the party returning and continues the story. From what i've seen and heard thus far BD2 appears to be a totally seperate gaiden type deal about a character washing up on a continent with amnesia and never really has their own story and is more of a blank slate for the player compared to Tiz and Yew having their own stories.

I would recommend the first game first since the diehards i know playing 2 say its still the best in terms of writing but you have to go in knowing theres some rough stuff, but also theres some stuff that gets unfair criticism purely because there is a certain thing you are told repeatedly by an npc to get the true ending and a lot of people didn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Lots of reports of an updated switch coming this year.
    Yes, I hope it’s true!!!! Not that I’m excited about fighting scalpers again so soon, but I’ll do what I must.

those remakes look absolutely trash, speaking by the graphics alone, its ten times worse than the 3ds games and i can't understand why they did something like this

the battles are good but the pokemons look like plastic almost.
    i would much rather get a full fledged brand new game and a links awakening esque remake than a sword and shield looking remake of gen 4
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i would much rather get a full fledged brand new game and a links awakening esque remake than a sword and shield looking remake of gen 4
    it don't need to look like sword and shield, there is lets go, Oras and even in between, you don't need to put in a fallacy of dichotomy, putting the sinnoh generation in the new engine, with all it could offer, like overworld, pokemon mounting and walking would be ten times better than this weird funko style remaster.

But why they would care, they can do the bare minimum and sell millions just by giving an excuse of "wE wAnT to Be FaItHfUl" and people will actually defend then
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-03-04 at 07:02 AM.

it don't need to look like sword and shield, there is lets go, Oras and even in between, putting the sinno generation in the new engine, with all it could offer, like overworld, pokemon mounting and walking would be ten times better than this weird funko style remaster.

But why they would care, they can do the bare minimum and sell millions just by giving an excuse of "wE wAnT to Be FaItHfUl" and people will actually defend then
    I used to wonder what gamefreak did to win the lottery then I learned the guy that actually invented pokemon turned himself into a video game creator aka gamefreak. So yeah....hes basically willy wonka and can hire weird orange hobbits if he wishes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wana bet they will also remove stuff from original. Also by name it pretty much says there wont be from the Platinum ( https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w...Generation_IV) ).
    I don't see anything about that claim in the link you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Yes, I hope it’s true!!!! Not that I’m excited about fighting scalpers again so soon, but I’ll do what I must.
    Wanna bet all Switch Pros will be hoarded for cryptomining?