Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    To be fair, "chthonic majesty" is more suitable at the dark bottom of a barrel...and anywhere else dark and dank.
    Damn you caught me red-handed

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/5...-ronny-jackson

Yo, y'all see that watchdog report on former White House physician turned Republican Rep. Ronny Jackson? Here's the highlight summary -

-failed to foster and maintain a healthy command climate in the WHMU, and failed to treat DoD subordinates with dignity and respect;
    -engaged in alcohol-related misconduct, including wrecking a government vehicle while intoxicated;
    -expected rum or other alcohol to be stocked in his lodging room while on official travel, or caused staff members to fear retribution if they did not comply with the expectation;
    -and misused Ambien for his personal use
    Hope he gets help for his drug/alcohol problems, but I'm not surprised to see he also treated his staff and colleagues like total shit.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://thehill.com/policy/defense/5...-ronny-jackson

Yo, y'all see that watchdog report on former White House physician turned Republican Rep. Ronny Jackson? Here's the highlight summary -

Hope he gets help for his drug/alcohol problems, but I'm not surprised to see he also treated his staff and colleagues like total shit.
    Shit like this makes me wondering how many legitimate psychopaths or sociopaths are in the Republican/Trump party.
    Last edited by TigTone; 2021-03-03 at 05:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Shit like this makes me wondering how many legitimate psychopaths or sociopaths are in the Republican/Trump party.
    Wait you're gonna tell me rich people whose only goal in life is to grow their wealth, who will lie through their teeth to do so, and who have never had to face consequences for their actions turn out to be bad people? Whaaaa?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Wait you're gonna tell me rich people whose only goal in life is to grow their wealth, who will lie through their teeth to do so, and who have never had to face consequences for their actions turn out to be bad people? Whaaaa?
    Just wondering if they can actually be diagnosed with those mental disorders and if so that brings up a certain question.

Should people with Anti social disorder (sociopaths/psychopaths) be allowed to hold positions of power in government?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Just wondering if they can actually be diagnosed with those mental disorders and if so that brings up a certain question.

Should people with Anti social disorder (sociopaths/psychopaths) be allowed to hold positions of power in government?
    I personally think it’s dangerous to say “you have X, Y, or Z, therefore you can’t do this” as a blanket statement and would prefer that sort of qualitative analysis on a strictly person-by-person basis.

The answer is to educate people so that they can recognize the venal and vain people running for government and know better than to vote for them and who can see through empty, ineffectual, or ultimately self-profiting promises.

To conflate this to trump, I’d much prefer an America that didn’t ban trump from running, but whose electorate was smart enough to know not to vote for him.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

To conflate this to trump, I’d much prefer an America that didn’t ban trump from running, but whose electorate was smart enough to know not to vote for him.
    I'd much prefer that too, but you'd be delusional if you think something like that would ever happen. The last election proves that just isn't feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    How time flies... March 4th is tomorrow... on March 5th we find out the new date when Trump takes over. Money on April 1st...
    duh, he is still the president!

He's just letting Biden appear to be president, but he is making all the decisions behind the scene.

He's doing this so lubrals do no riot and kill people!!!

man you people are so far behind what is actually happening!!!

/s
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I'll post here since more active thread the Insurrection thread.

.JUST IN: D.C. National Guard chief says Pentagon prevented immediate response to mob on Jan. 6 https://t.co/2WxmsT1hZp https://t.co/bLwHeCl2gb
    https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1...823147013?s=19

Okay, barely weeks before if you remember Trump installed many cronies at the Pentagon. Seems enough influence to at least confuse or delay an reaction to the Insurrection.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Damn you caught me red-handed
    I see comrade...

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    I'll post here since more active thread the Insurrection thread.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1...823147013?s=19

Okay, barely weeks before if you remember Trump installed many cronies at the Pentagon. Seems enough influence to at least confuse or delay an reaction to the Insurrection.
    We've known this since the week after Jan. 6th when documents were released that prevented the Natl. Guard to get involved without direct and explicit permission from the Trump appointees.

I mean, it's nice and all to hear one of the higher ups confirm it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'd much prefer that too, but you'd be delusional if you think something like that would ever happen. The last election proves that just isn't feasible.
    I think it is, in the long term. At least enough people.

The demographics trump won in were limited largely to lower-education white men. Every part of that demographic is shrinking in the long term.

Conservatives tend to admonish higher education and disparage schooling as being “mostly just liberal propaganda” because they know that more educated people (generally) don’t vote for them and that more educated people don’t buy into the fears they’re selling.

So I say lean into that push for higher education and revitalizing early education. There are people in power that fight against it, yes... but you gotta make a point of it to fight them.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I think it is, in the long term. At least enough people.

The demographics trump won in were limited largely to lower-education white men. Every part of that demographic is shrinking in the long term.

Conservatives tend to admonish higher education and disparage schooling as being “mostly just liberal propaganda” because they know that more educated people (generally) don’t vote for them and that more educated people don’t buy into the fears they’re selling.

So I say lean into that push for higher education and revitalizing early education. There are people in power that fight against it, yes... but you gotta make a point of it to fight them.
    Highly educated people also support him though, and there are several people currently in the House and Senate who still do as well, many of them are very well educated.

It's not just a lack of education, it's people who ARE educated believing in and pushing for these things.

Higher education isn't going to get rid of stupidity, it attempts to gets rid of ignorance, but that doesn't me people won't still push for and believe in stupid things....like QAnon, Anti-Vaxx and Flat Earthers.

10+ Year Old Account
    And there it is.

Trump makes plans to run in 2024 without Pence.

Remember, Pence was the mandatory concession the Republican Party forced Trump to take, when they let him run in 2016. Trump could not fire Pence, although he fired literally everyone else the RNC pushed on him. Well, some resigned.

Trump running without Pence means that Trump will be running with a Party of Trump ally, not a classic Republican. Meaning one of two things:

a) third party, or more realistically,

b) the Republican Party will be forced to cede defeat, and hand the keys and deed over to Trump entirely.

"But Breccia! Surely they could just block him from running!"

The Republican Party had their chance. They refused. Either Trump dies, Trump goes to jail, or the Republican Party admits they no longer run the show, and that they can't run without Trump anymore.

For anyone asking "why are we still talking about him?" this is why. Trump, despite his proven failures, proven incompetence, proven corruption and inciting a murderous insurrection in broad daylight, will either be the Republican nominee...or, he'll be dead.

Rational-thinking people (i.e. not cultists) must ensure that Trump's run is a failure. He did enough damage the first time, and this coming time, he'll be four years more insane and have no shackles. You think half a million dead from COVID, spiked wealth gap, spiked unemployment, etc etc was bad the first time? Do it again, except without riding the brake.

Continue to resist, one and all. This must be opposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    And there it is.

Remember, Pence was the mandatory concession the Republican Party forced Trump to take, when they let him run in 2016. Trump could not fire Pence, although he fired literally everyone else the RNC pushed on him. Well, some resigned.

Trump running without Pence means that Trump will be running with a Party of Trump ally, not a classic Republican. Meaning one of two things:

a) third party, or more realistically,

b) the Republican Party will be forced to cede defeat, and hand the keys and deed over to Trump entirely.

"But Breccia! Surely they could just block him from running!"

The Republican Party had their chance. They refused. Either Trump dies, Trump goes to jail, or the Republican Party admits they no longer run the show, and that they can't run without Trump anymore.

For anyone asking "why are we still talking about him?" this is why. Trump, despite his proven failures, proven incompetence, proven corruption and inciting a murderous insurrection in broad daylight, will either be the Republican nominee...or, he'll be dead.

Rational-thinking people (i.e. not cultists) must ensure that Trump's run is a failure. He did enough damage the first time, and this coming time, he'll be four years more insane and have no shackles. You think half a million dead from COVID, spiked wealth gap, spiked unemployment, etc etc was bad the first time? Do it again, except without riding the brake.

Continue to resist, one and all. This must be opposed.
    Can't Trump technically still run from office even in jail? as far as I know there is nothing in the constitution stopping a convicted felon from running. However I don't see Trump ever going to jail he will most likely just spend a lot of money on settlements so death is the only thing that would stop him. Trump will be the nominee in 2024 and the GOP will bend the knee and give him whatever he wants.

Highly educated people also support him though, and there are several people currently in the House and Senate who still do as well, many of them are very well educated.

It's not just a lack of education, it's people who ARE educated believing in and pushing for these things.

Higher education isn't going to get rid of stupidity, it attempts to gets rid of ignorance, but that doesn't me people won't still push for and believe in stupid things....like QAnon, Anti-Vaxx and Flat Earthers.
    The main educated people I have seen who actively support him are pure sociopaths who quite literally would put a bullet in you and enjoy it if they thought they could get away with it and feel that they personally will get along fine either way and that they could exploit that suffering for personal gain in some way.

I haven't seen ANY educated working class people who actually support him and thinking he was best for the nation. It was all uneducated people who couldn't accept facts they disliked or educated sociopaths who thought they personally had more to gain from hurting others. And I include my own family and friends in this.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    And there it is.

Remember, Pence was the mandatory concession the Republican Party forced Trump to take, when they let him run in 2016.
    Why would this be a problem for the GOP? The past four years have demonstrated pretty clearly that neither Republican voters nor Republican politicians care in the slightest about the character of the people in their party. So if Trump runs again, it shouldn't matter to any of them which random unqualified scumfuck he picks as a running-mate.

10+ Year Old Account

But I think you’ll find that the number of crazy anti-vaxxers, flat earthers, and trump supporters tends to decrease with an increase in education level. Which then means that... more education, fewer crazed right wing nutjobs.

As for the “educated” people in congress who support trump... I don’t believe that most of them believe the nonsense trump spouts. I believe they see it as a political game that they can use to their own advantage.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I think the headline speaks for itself:

Fox News staffers fume over hiring of Kayleigh McEnany: "They don't give a damn about facts"

We all knew Propaganda Barbie would find a spot over on FOX (or OANN). I find it pretty hilarious that she's reviled even there.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I think the headline speaks for itself:

Fox News staffers fume over hiring of Kayleigh McEnany: "They don't give a damn about facts"

We all knew Propaganda Barbie would find a spot over on FOX (or OANN). I find it pretty hilarious that she's reviled even there.
    Holy fuck that needs to absolutely be the only name we use for her going forward.

You, sir, win the interwebs for today. Well done.

On a side note - it's adorable seeing Faux "News" complaining about people not caring about the facts, when Tucker Carlson is a literal liar with every breath he takes.