Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That protection paladin will be the most fun spec Im very tempted to roll druid, cause I main that since classic and I hear good things, but I love prot paladin TBC.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I just wish people would stop complaining about dumb bullshit and enjoy the game. Piss on whatever class is "best dps / stunlock / arena" where and when blah blah. I played a paladin and mage throughout TBC and it was incredible. I had no problem topping raid DPS charts on my mage while orchestrating 24 other people to down a raid boss, and I've seen every other DPS spec top the charts - granting they knew wtf they were doing.

The short version: Enjoy the nostalgia and incredible content, and play whatever class suits you.

Regular Joe will cry at Lady Vashj fight

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Man, hearing that "scream" while questing in that zone was giving me shivers. And I bet it will do this again, I just fear that thing.
    Yea, it definitely instilled a real sense of dread. Anytime I'd see the ground start to shake, it was time to run, and having it chase you down lol, just stop and become a pancake.

10+ Year Old Account
    They might be surprised by how many people a resto druid can tank in BGs. I think it was all the people?

Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Folks are gonna realize you can't fly at level 60 and for a lot it'll be a shock.

Never underestimate how dumb the "average" retail player is about things pre-Cata.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    That the whole "felreaver scary" thing, wasn't actually a thing unless you played with your camera about 1 meter from your ass and had no sound on whatsoever.

Everyone who didn't play with console cameradistancemaxfactor 5 on, why?
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Folks are gonna realize you can't fly at level 60 and for a lot it'll be a shock.

Never underestimate how dumb the "average" retail player is about things pre-Cata.
    I doubt it. Most people are used to having to level through the content before being able to fly

As with Classic, I think people are going to be surprised at how easy the raids end up being. I do think they'll be a step up from classic (if your guild struggled in classic, i'd imagine you'll have issues) but I think its safe to say that raids will just fall over again

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I doubt it. Most people are used to having to level through the content before being able to fly
    Maybe. But they're also used to walking into Hellfire, doing like 3 quests, buying flight, and then just flying everywhere.

Now they're going to have to learn how to navigate places like Zangarmarsh.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    I think they'll be surprised by how one-dimensional arena is; ie play warrior/druid or warlock/druid or you lose.
    Mace Arms Warrior and Holy Pally was kryptonite when me and a friend gave it a try, I think after we got a couple pieces of gear we just ended up quitting lol

I think they'll be surprised by how one-dimensional arena is; ie play warrior/druid or warlock/druid or you lose.
    This, it was fine at the start of arena cuz lol we didn´t know what we were doing, but in like late s1, s2 or s3 it was completely dominated.
    That´s gonna be a lot worse this time.

O.T.:Perhaps my nostalgia goggles are on too tightly, but i think people will be pleasantly surprised by how "simple" things are, yet without the extremely obvious crap of classic.

But yeah, the "bring the class, not the player" will be frequently terrible due to the cc requirement of i.e. heroics and what not.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

If we're getting pre-nerf Kael and Vashj people are going to be shocked at how actually difficult those fights were, specifically compared to the rest of their respective raids. There's a reason there were so many guilds back in TBC that were "3/4 TK 5/6 SSC", even after they were nerfed they were very difficult fights and were the reason BT/Hyjal attunement was removed, so the guilds that couldn't kill those 2 could finally move into T6.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Yes but with world buffs. Try clearing them without, I can say you not gonna happen unless you are in top 0.5% guild.

In TBC you can't cheese bosses with world buffs anymore so raids will be a real deal.
    AQ40 is a joke even without buffs.

Naxx has 4 bosses that are a bit tough without buffs, but not undoable by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    For me:

1. People will really hate doing Hyjal. The trash mobs takes forever.
    2. People will be surprised how little preparation is needed for being a raider. If you are geared and in a raiding guild, with enough gold for your raid flasks/pots, you can pretty much be a raid logger. I am not saying that is a bad thing.
    part 2 is possibly the best thing happening this year. as an hardcore altoholic, i am way more hyped about that fact (i remember well, i play since release) than i am hyped of Covid ending.

- - - Updated - - -

hmm, not totally sure about that. ofc it is „common sense“ and not everyone is saying this bc it never happened. but me and my friend, as mostly PvE players, played Arena as Lock/Drood for half a year. and we had something around 1700-1750 or so. it was not just „be stupid as fuck and still easy faceroll“.

and i remember the fights were fukin long. remeber myself playing 20+ minutes and draining mana from disc priest to burst/dot-pressure his mate at the right moment while disc not has enough mana left. that tactic worked relatively good for us, but was not an auto win and took horrible much time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    They might be surprised by how many people a resto druid can tank in BGs. I think it was all the people?

great use of that meme !
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-03-04 at 01:02 AM.

Gold inflation from dailies being a consistent stream of new money being brought into the market

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Its gonna be a repeat of classic.

You will them to roll Warrior/Druid (mostly) for arena, they will roll something else, complain warriors are stunlocking them.

You will tell them not to roll mana battery spec, they will roll mana battery spec, complain about it, getting outdpsed and only picked to provide mana to the healers (As intended).

Do you want to dominate for the first half of the expansion? Roll Warrior/Rogue, do you want to dominate the later part? Roll Warlock/Hunter, nope, rolled Boomkin, complains.

I couldnt give a rats ass about TBC, but i wont lie i enjoy reading the insane amount of dumb information the same way it was about classic 2 years ago, people never, ever, learn.

Either way, they are delaying SSC/TK, so the start of TBC classic might not be as horrible for any class that doesnt have a craftable blacksmithing weapon compared to 2007.
    i think your recall is a bit damaged about the Warrior/Rogue and Hunter/Lock thing. Hunter did overall great from first till last raid. Warlock very soon did too. Mages came up together with locks, a bit later. Rogue instead need a looong time before showing up and was second best choice, at best. Warrior increased in T5/T6 slowly but at specific encounters outperformed all.

proof for all of this: look at legacyplayers.com by yourself

everything else i mostly agree. boomie and mana batt was definetelly playable. but if you wanna top the meters, supporter classes are not the way to go.

How easy it will be followed by how brutal the pvp scene will be.

Quote Originally Posted by shaqar View Post
    pre nerfed vashj en kealthas says hi. They both require teamwork from the raid, especially vasjh with the orb throwing. I won't say its its hard AF, but the normal 10 ppl that carry that raid is not really working on them.
    yep, this will definetely a suprise to some. getting carried by 1/3 of the raid by doing nothing is way less possible in TBC than in vanilla.

vanilla was:
    do you have mats ?
    do you have resi ?
    do you have WB ?

TBC is:
    do you know what to do ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    How shit melee are in raids.
    yep, coming straight outa compt... eeeh classic/vanilla, all the warriors and rogues will have a hard startup in TBC

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nosnogard View Post
    I don't know if the latter is true, but I seem to remember that world buffs were fixed to not apply to lvl 70 characters at patch 2.1 or something, along with the stacking of every elixir.

Edit: In case you want a source for the WB part: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Rallying_C...e_Dragonslayer

Another edit: It also says that it was changed to rating in TBC
    blizz already confirmed this on Blizzconline

You can clear all content with rogues and fury warriors in your comp.