Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    That's not what I'm on about man. The guy I'm quoting called someone else a "criminal" and disregards anything he has to say based on that fact. I simply let him know that something being legal or illegal is never a good litmus test as to one's integrity, since laws are man-made, not nature-made, and they may differ from country to country, like the example I gave above.

If someone's sole criteria on judging others is "Is what this person did Legal/Illegal?" then I'm afraid it's not a very good criterion, as it changes from country to country.
    But that is his point. Private servers are illegal everywhere, not just in X, Y and Z countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Kael'thas and Vashj were hard blocks, pretty sure it's not going to happen. Many many guilds killed the first bosses in Hyjal long before Kael'thas and Vashj.
    You needed to kill Kael and Vashj to get into Hyjal......

Vashj was killed before patch 2.1, but Kael wasn't. Therefore no-one killed any bosses in Hyjal before 2.1 either. When Kael'thas was 'fixed', most guilds just killed the first boss for the BT attunement and went into BT. Archimonde died AFTER Illidan in the world first race.

u gotta be revered with all factions to buy the heroic keys to enter all heroic dungeons, there is a ton of content, no need for TK and SSC at start, it would ruin it

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    u gotta be revered with all factions to buy the heroic keys to enter all heroic dungeons, there is a ton of content, no need for TK and SSC at start, it would ruin it
    But but, I'm an unemployed neckbeard and need to play WoW all day >:-| What will I do??

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    Don't spit halftruths, due to how the attunements work you still have to

Get Revered to get into heroics

Get into heroics to start SSC attunement, complete Magtheridon attunement

Clear Karazhan with approporiate rep level and quest progression to unlock Nightbane

Kill Nightbane and Gruul for TK and SSC attunements.

You'd still have to do all the same things because it chains, you'd be able to continue on afterwards though rather than be stuck in bloody karazhan which is hugely overrated.

3+ Year Old Account
    No, it must not. Thank you you are not the lead director of TBC Classic. Let us enjoy T4 and the entry raids for some time, most people nowadays have lives and we can't play 24/7.

I like it this way. So you are not "forced" to jump over karazhan as fast as possible which is what will happen if it is open immediatly.

And that is what everyone will do if it is open. You don't need to be full T4 to kill T5. BC is not that much harder than Classic. People would complete the attunement and say f-off kara in 2 weeks probably.

Rather have it staggered. So you can really get the most of each tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    You needed to kill Kael and Vashj to get into Hyjal......

Vashj was killed before patch 2.1, but Kael wasn't. Therefore no-one killed any bosses in Hyjal before 2.1 either. When Kael'thas was 'fixed', most guilds just killed the first boss for the BT attunement and went into BT. Archimonde died AFTER Illidan in the world first race.
    For the first months, yes. But that was changed. And then a lot of guilds progressed in MH while Kael'thas and Vashj still weren't killed by them.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I like it this way. So you are not "forced" to jump over karazhan as fast as possible which is what will happen if it is open immediatly.

And that is what everyone will do if it is open. You don't need to be full T4 to kill T5. BC is not that much harder than Classic. People would complete the attunement and say f-off kara in 2 weeks probably.

Rather have it staggered. So you can really get the most of each tier.
    Dunno, if bosses are pre-nerf then you probably cant just jump straight into T5 with dungeon blues etc.

Unless you are part of a sweaty gamer guild that fill their roster with 80% warlocks and demand for them to have 20 prof alts so they can equip frozen + spellstrike on day 1. Then the only thing holding you back is attunement.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Eh. Running private servers is illegal.
    Playing on private servers is not illegal and probably not even something blizzard would punish, but afaik its still against the rules to say you play on them/talk about them on this site.
    It's funny, because not even Blizzard is as stringent about it on their own forums.
    I've often spoken about my pserver experience on the official forums, and Blizzard meeting with the Nostalrius team was official and discussed at length by themselves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post

Seems he means after the attunement was lifted. He's right, an absolute tonne of guilds got their start in T6 after 2.4 and then went back with their new shiny T6 quality gear to beat KT/Vashj, which were a lot tougher than anything in Hyjal save for Archimonde himself.
    Well, aint that some bullshit, lolol.

I guess it shouldn't surprise me they did this, I legit didn't remember since I'd done all the attunements and all that jazz as hardcore raiders at the time. Wonder if they released the restriction with Sunwell.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

For the first months, yes. But that was changed. And then a lot of guilds progressed in MH while Kael'thas and Vashj still weren't killed by them.
    TBC was released on Jan 16 2007.

Patch 2.4 that removed the attunement for BT and MH came on March 25 2008.

So by “first months” you meant 1 year and 3 months?

Many many guilds killed the first bosses in Hyjal long before Kael'thas and Vashj.
    Here i am wondering if you are just lying, blatantly ignorant, or simply played in fully opened shitty private servers for that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Here i am wondering if you are just lying, blatantly ignorant, or simply played in fully opened shitty private servers for that idea.
    What are you talking about? My guild killed the first three bosses in Hyjal before we killed Kael'thas. And this was the case for a lot of guilds because Vashj and especially Kael'thas were incredibly difficult fights.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-03-04 at 07:44 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Nah. We don't need TBC to release with 5 raids all at once.

the question is why would you even want t5 content at the start? do you just want to rush out the content and be done with tbc for like 8 months before t6 comes out? Hard disagree with t5 at start. im glad they WONT include it at launch.

Wasnt Hyjal a launch raid? I know you had to clear ssc snd tk for attunement but why is OP leaving thst out?

Quote Originally Posted by Wavebossa View Post
    Wasnt Hyjal a launch raid? I know you had to clear ssc snd tk for attunement but why is OP leaving thst out?
    Does it really count if you can't access it? /smh

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
    the question is why would you even want t5 content at the start? do you just want to rush out the content and be done with tbc for like 8 months before t6 comes out? Hard disagree with t5 at start. im glad they WONT include it at launch.
    I second this. I didn’t know they released at launch originally - seems like it would have diminished the accomplishments in clearing T4? I started after, would love to know from the Ogs what that was like.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Does it really count if you can't access it? /smh

Technically you could, so i dont understand your question. My question is if OP is stating that BC must be as it was originally because the progression is inherent... then why not include Hyjal?

Seems like an odd cutoff given the principle of his reasoning