Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

My Idea of an Easy way to fix Gearing

Its very very simple. The issue alot of players, myself included, feel burnt out in order to play at our best and push content we have to do Mythic +, Rank in PVP and more in order to just push a few mythic bosses. Upping the drop rate on gear in raid is only a bandaid to a bigger problem that alot of gear for some classes just isn't viable in Raid. For example - Monks and Demon Hunters HAVE to PVP in order to get their BIS gear. While my idea is not a complete ideal solution, but it would be enough of a solution in order to allow these classes to not feel COMPLETELY forced into PVP / M+.

Bring back Reforging.

The issue behind Reforging in Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria was that all it was really used for was reforging to your Hit and Expertise cap. When those stats went away reforging had a chance to shine in letting people figure out their best stat weights annnnnnnd it was gone when Hit and Expertise went away.

Reforging would allow us to take some of those less than ideal raid pieces and change half of one stat into another stat. This would make some drops not feel horrible when you get it and can't trade it away.

In the case of the Former Reforging mount - Keep the Transmog vendor on the yak. Maybe introduce a new Reforge mount in the game and have it as another gold sink.

Well this thread will be filled with "im good, you suck, not happy? leave! thanks for the blog post"

But I was always a fan of reforging. It's a big why not. Oh no.. super pros got to do stuff to gear when they get it... boo hoo..

I never understood why they stripped customization away like gem slots in gear baseline and reforging.

No one "figured" anything out. We just used an addon that told us what was best. All it did, was add another gate into wearing a piece of gear. And a bad one as we cant carry it with us like enchants. Thats why it was removed. Plus it promoted "lawlz need roll" cause even if the piece was bad, people rolled for it cause they could reforge it. It does not need to come back.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    No one "figured" anything out. We just used an addon that told us what was best. All it did, was add another gate into wearing a piece of gear. And a bad one as we cant carry it with us like enchants. Thats why it was removed. Plus it promoted "lawlz need roll" cause even if the piece was bad, people rolled for it cause they could reforge it. It does not need to come back.
    Sounds like gear simming.

Need roll lawz is gone cause personal loot. And all the addon did was let you program your stat weights in, but it mainly brought you to the perfect Hit and expertise cap. We still Sim our best stats so that NEVER went away. Reforging returning would simply allow a bad personal loot drop to become an OK loot drop cause you can reforge the 2ndary stat thats terrible into halfway usable.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    Its very very simple. The issue alot of players, myself included, feel burnt out in order to play at our best and push content we have to do Mythic +, Rank in PVP and more in order to just push a few mythic bosses. Upping the drop rate on gear in raid is only a bandaid to a bigger problem that alot of gear for some classes just isn't viable in Raid. For example - Monks and Demon Hunters HAVE to PVP in order to get their BIS gear. While my idea is not a complete ideal solution, but it would be enough of a solution in order to allow these classes to not feel COMPLETELY forced into PVP / M+.

Bring back Reforging.

The issue behind Reforging in Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria was that all it was really used for was reforging to your Hit and Expertise cap. When those stats went away reforging had a chance to shine in letting people figure out their best stat weights annnnnnnd it was gone when Hit and Expertise went away.

Reforging would allow us to take some of those less than ideal raid pieces and change half of one stat into another stat. This would make some drops not feel horrible when you get it and can't trade it away.

In the case of the Former Reforging mount - Keep the Transmog vendor on the yak. Maybe introduce a new Reforge mount in the game and have it as another gold sink.
    please elaborate how being able to reforge gear that you dont get helps gearing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Well this thread will be filled with "im good, you suck, not happy? leave! thanks for the blog post"

But I was always a fan of reforging. It's a big why not. Oh no.. super pros got to do stuff to gear when they get it... boo hoo..

I never understood why they stripped customization away like gem slots in gear baseline and reforging.
    i was fine with it, im fine without it. im pretty tired of people moving goalposts though. get something and immediately ask for something else. no wonder why they dont bother listening.

The majority of people arent complaining that their 9th 226 piece doesnt have haste on it.
    They are complaining that it took 17 dungeons to replace their first 200 piece.

All this 'fixes' is making the top 10% even stronger than the rest.

Reforging is annoying and will always be annoying.
    If you add it, youw ill have an addon which makes you optimal with one click. Done.

So it is basically a "throw money into the bin"-feature.

Stats aren't as important anymore. Primary stats are where hte most comes from.

IF you want to go and optimize your char to the max, then yes you have to do PvP and Mythic+ too.

I raid mythic and i only raidlog anymore. Because it is not needed to to do PvP. Even the amount of loot we got was allright imho. If it would have been from the beginning like it is now we would all have 226 without going far into mythic and that would make the whole raid useless again.

I would like to have Mythic+, PvP and raid completely seperat. So no group can whine anymore because they are "forced" to do other content.

If you can reforge, what do you think will stop blizzard from rebalancing every content to be slightly harder? You'll be in the same spot power wise, but now with a trip to the city and a gold cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    So to make gearing better, your solution isn't to give more gear, even though the main complaint is that we don't get enough? Okay..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    The majority of people arent complaining that their 9th 226 piece doesnt have haste on it.

17 dungeons? WoW that would be cool. Ive still got few on. After over 50+ M10-15+ runs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its actual really simple to fix and they could literally do it over night and its actually already in game for the pvp side. All gear is on a vendor you obtain currency from participating in content some content gives more some gives less doesn't have to be a huge amount. Ignore ALL complaints about forced content (get help people) and "muh immersion" (because 35 anima from a dragons asshole is real rpg)
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    Bring back Reforging.
    HELL NO

Reforging is the worse thing ever. First it was required because when hit/expertise was in the game, it was a HUGE throughput loss if you weren't capped.

This mandated players do all sort of spreadsheet calculations (or just used Ask Mr. Robot) to solve the equation of how do I get to Hit/Exp cap so I could then play the game.

Beyond that reforging also can caused other issues. Secondary stat stacking breaks the game as illustrated at the end of BFA with the corruptions that provided flat % secondary increases at near zero downside (provided you had enough corruption resistance or could handle the corruption mechanics). Seeing how crazy secondary stat stacking can be, we finally get diminishing returns for secondary stats in Shadowlands.

No reforging should remain dead like Titanforging.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

that was only the case cuase of hit/expertise caps. if they brought it back nowadays it would just be a simple case of "i like haste, this gear has no haste so i reforge it", which would be a decent way to address one of the most common complaints about personal loot.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-03-04 at 03:21 PM.

As you pointed out, it was just a hit cap crutch.

What we really need is a way to upgrade items ilvl.

So you can do that in PvP, and soon M+, but not raids. Because fuck raiders, apparently. All we need is a currency, and the ability to upgrade items to the ones that drop from bosses we've already killed. So if I've got a 213 neck from a heroic boss, I don't have to wait on the 226 version from the Mythic boss. I just kill him and if it doesn't drop, just go spend some points. You probably want to balance the points given out so you can get the same amount of upgrades as you can from M+ and PvP.

I'm neither for or against... I think it kind of cheapens items a bit. At the same time, I can get rid of my excess mastery :P
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    if they brought it back nowadays it would just be a simple case of "i like haste, this gear has no haste so i reforge it", which would be a decent way to address one of the most common complaints about personal loot.
    Nope because now we have diminishing returns so if you're over the thresholds you progressively get less secondary percentage the more you stack. You would need to run sims to see where you would need to reforge that secondary to.

But even that's an oversimplification because to really min/max, you'll want to see all the items you can reforge to the nth degree to get as close to (if not perfectly on) the thresholds to maximize your stat rating. Reference wowhead article

So now you're looking at how do I get up to 15~16 pieces reforged so I can hit 30% of x secondary (say Haste) and put the rest in my second best secondary (up to 30%) and if that is more DPS than taking the progressive penalties as I continue to stack x secondary beyond 30%.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Fixing gearing just requires them to re-implement the choice of Group Loot, Master Loot or Personal Loot.

Being stuck with only Personal Loot is probably the biggest contributor to why I can't stand retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigy2 View Post
    Fixing gearing just requires them to re-implement the choice of Group Loot, Master Loot or Personal Loot.

Being stuck with only Personal Loot is probably the biggest contributor to why I can't stand retail.
    That is not going to fix loot either and for majority PL is rather good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post

Also this.

Reforging won't fix gear, it will make it even worse.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

reforging: no
    reworking classes so that their best secondary stat isnt vers: yes