Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Valor Amounts in Patch 9.0.5

Valor Amounts in Patch 9.0.5
    Originally Posted by Blizzard
    As we’ve tested and iterated on the changes in patch 9.0.5, we’ve concluded that Valor for Mythic Keystone Dungeon gear would benefit from an immediate kickstart, so we’re adjusting the configuration of Valor caps. This currency is being added well into Shadowlands Season 1, so we want to pace it as though it’s been available for several weeks, giving players a large measure of gear catch-up capacity from the start.

• In 9.0.5, there will be a weekly Valor cap that increases by 750 Valor each week, and the cap will start at 5000 Valor earnable in the first week.
    • In the second week of 9.0.5, the Valor cap will be 5750. In week 3, the Valor cap will be 6500, etc.
    • There will be a cap of 1500 on how much Valor a character can hold at a time.

As always, thank you for your testing and feedback.

Either i'm really dumb, or this is confusing.

Really nice, we get to catch up and quite easy to gear alts too!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    I mean... tough luck dude

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    I have bad news, im sorry

Why does valor need a cap at all? Honor can just be grinded infinitely.

AFAIK Valor can only be used for upgrades, not purchasing gear, and upgrades are a function of Honor not Conquest so they should be roughly equivalent.

Interesting choice to cap it at 5000/week, but then only let you hold 1500. Wonder what the reasoning for the limit of a limit is instead of it being just a weekly limit with no hold limit.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    Interesting choice to cap it at 5000/week, but then only let you hold 1500. Wonder what the reasoning for the limit of a limit is instead of it being just a weekly limit with no hold limit.
    Thats not even remotely what the post says will happen. try reading it again. twice if needed

I can't wait to see the prices for an upgrade but this looks promising.

This is good news, I fully expected a flat cap of 750 for each week and thus only 3 upgrades a week.

But what does this mean for alts? Do I need a +5/+10/+15 achieve on that specific character, or do I just need it on one character?

It's so you don't pool 5k at a time to instantly drop on a good item that you get the next week.

By forcing you to spend it every 1.5k, you are more likely to spend it on not optimal items that are still a primary stat increase thereby artificially extending the amount of time you need to upgrade that perfect item to the highest ilvl.

So they basically want you to grind Valor when you have something to actually upgrade rather than grinding until you turn blue and immediately upgrade whatever you get dropped to max level.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post

AFAIK Valor can only be used for upgrades, not purchasing gear, and upgrades are a function of Honor not Conquest so they should be roughly equivalent.
    Honor gear has a lower max ilvl so it being uncapped doesn’t matter as it’s a stop gap to conquest gear.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Thats not even remotely what the post says will happen. try reading it again. twice if needed
    Except it is, there's a max earnable amount per week, but characters can only hold 1500 at a time. Why put 2 caps in place at all. May you read twice if needed.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I can't wait to see the prices for an upgrade but this looks promising.
    I believe the table is 250 per upgrade and 3 (or 4) ilvls per upgrade. So an ilvl 200 item would require 1500 Valor points to upgrade to ilvl 220, given you have +15 KSM.

They don't want you hoarding valor. The 1500 limit forces you to spend it if you want to cap out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    It's so you don't pool 5k at a time to instantly drop on a good item that you get the next week.

By forcing you to spend it every 1.5k, you are more likely to spend it on not optimal items that are still a primary stat increase thereby artificially extending the amount of time you need to upgrade that perfect item to the highest ilvl.
    Except all that will happen instead is someone will get the new item and have 1500, upgrade it, and continue to do that until it's upgraded. It doesn't prevent them getting a new item and upgrading it immediately, it just slows them down till after raid/mythic+
    Last edited by Droodid; 2021-03-04 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    That's literally what the post says. There's an earning cap of 5k but also a holding cap of 1.5k. You can earn 3 times the holding cap in one week. This means you can empty your holding cap 3 times before you reach the earning cap.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    But conquest can't be, which valor is the equivalent to.

Not honor.

Formerly known as Arafal

15+ Year Old Account
    How much Valor do you get from completing a dungeon?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Honor gear has a lower max ilvl so it being uncapped doesn’t matter as it’s a stop gap to conquest gear.
    You still upgrade conquest gear with honor though. Conquest is only used to buy gear.

Having it capped seems like a really bad idea to me. If you use it on anything that's not BIS, then long term those points are wasted. There shouldn't be a finite amount of them.