Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What difference does it make? Why should they be forced to make a group versus you making one? They could have left after killing the boss and not said anything, cause life.

If they didn’t sign up then you would have been waiting even longer for the queue in the first place. time you spent waiting after they left is the time you likely would have spent waiting to start the dungeon Originally.

You’re making this a way bigger deal than it is, I can see why you were trying to ‘avoid a headache’ as you seemingly get worked up over very little.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Yeah, Shadowlands has been full of assholes leaving when they do/don't get their legendary.

It would have been so much better if legendary memories had dropped only off the last bosses. That way the folks would have to sit through the whole dungeon.
    Yeah that Blizzard didn't anticipate that this would turn into a sour affair seems bizarre.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Krasuss View Post
    this is your problem...who tf does dungeons to do callings instead of 3 WQ and like 2 random treasures, especially if you want to avoid "headache"
    It's much faster to do a dungeon. I just did a 10min hc HoA for the maldraxxus calling, which otherwise takes 4 WQs, easily 20-30mins. Usually if you do a hc for the calling you find other high ilevel players doing the same thing and it becomes a speedrun. Key is just to avoid normal mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    If they didn’t sign up then you would have been waiting even longer for the queue in the first place. time you spent waiting after they left is the time you likely would have spent waiting to start the dungeon Originally.
    This. Literally makes no difference since your group will have priority in the group finder.

I would have left as well.

5+ Year Old Account
    This experience you have it's a daily routine in Wow, don't be discouraged by this. It's completely normal. Sometimes you will get in better groups. There is nothing special about first boss in Theater of Pain apart from gear they need from it. I wouldn't be responding to such whispers in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Forteofgray View Post
    we just use that word for anything now, don't we? any minor annoyance.
    The playerbase has a lot of shitty people. Nothing about minor annoyances or "just using that word". Elitists who cry about LFR and flight all the time, people who argue the horde weren't supporting a genocidal maniac (Sylvanas), people being stuck up pricks about the ever increasing, various rules and restrictions that they tack onto inviting to groups. To name a few issues.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    here's the thing. you want them to make an lfg group which they definitely won't get at this point. they would end up wasting tons of time and waste a lot of peoples time doing this. so both methods involve dickhead moves. but using the automated system means the random people they get really only have to wait a minute or two to fill (though i have heard que times for lfg and lfr are skyrocketing due to the exodus). so actually, what you want is more of a dick move.

so overall, blizz creating this problem in the first place and not fixing it upon seeing the problem should be blamed. they made raid legendaries 100% drops. why haven't they changed dungeon drops yet? people have been doing this since week 1.
    There is no problem if you make a group with 5 and "LFG que" into the dungeon then you can jump out and do it again. Sure you need to get a tank and a healer but im sure there is lots of rogues that want the legendary drop that can fill the dps spots

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I fully understand your frustration at people defending this rogue and tank's actions, I don't agree with them one bit. However I'd just try to accept that you're going to meet idiots in the game, and most definitely will meet people disagreeing with you on fan forums like this (if it's not to just try and annoy you further). And as you and others have said, Blizzard are partly to blame for this for having memories drop from non-last bosses. You'd think they'd have learnt their lesson from previous expansions...
    I pretty much have, made my way through half the world quest before deciding that next time this calling comes around, i'm just going to ignore it all together (since i'm half way through that quest already and it does award almost 900 gold, i'm going to finish it. this time)

forgive me for wanting to vent.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    I mean they should still do that. If they do choose to leave after the first boss then imo they should get a 2 hour debuff to teach them not to be so damn inconsiderate.

- - - Updated - - -

There's this addon i really suggest you get called Global Ignore list.. It makes your ignore list limitless and it syncs them with your alts if you have any so you don't have to ignore the same person again on another character. Doesn't keep people out of your groups but it does warn you if they're in your group.
    thank you for recommendation, going to grab it asap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    What difference does it make? Why should they be forced to make a group versus you making one? They could have left after killing the boss and not said anything, cause life.

You’re making this a way bigger deal than it is, I can see why you were trying to ‘avoid a headache’ as you seemingly get worked up over very little.
    as a healer I typically wait all of a minute at the most to get a dungeon, even when i queue up. I was queued up for 2 dungeons. I could have gotten another dungeon in that time and been almost finished with it, but by taking up the queue - they wasted the time that didn't need to be wasted. and for dps that were unfortunate to be dropped into groups with them? they just DOUBLED their wait time from 10 minutes to 20. the difference that it makes is that once they had made their premade group they no longer would have had to queue up. remember, that rogue got a tank buddy to help him, he was more then half way there already. getting couple more rogues and a healer buddy could have taken that 10 minutes, but after that they were golden. of course this also assumes that they are not dicks that would abandon those other rogue dps the moment they got their legendary whether the rest of them got it or not (yeah, pretty sure how THAT would go, and likely why they resorted to running groupfinder in a first place)

that you are STILL defending them is... telling.

Blizzard honestly should have learned by now

P.S. and before anyone says anything, yes I stay till the end of the dungeon/raid even if I already got the drop I was looking for. becasue i'm NOT a fucking dick who doesn't value anyone's time but their own.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2021-03-04 at 06:48 PM.

If you're so upset because you just wanted to complete the calling.... complete the calling outside?

I don't get the complete disproportionate reaction to it.

There's two types of players in Shadowlands.

1) Those who know it is wrong to leave after the first boss when your legendary does/doesn't drop.

2) C*nts

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Absolutely can't relate to this. The elite-WQ is done in less than 5 minutes tops, while normals/heroics can be full of bad people that deal 1k dps - this alone means the dungeon WILL take longer. Not even taking the queue into this. If you have a pre-made, I still do not fully agree, as a 5 minute fast dungeon is not always happening.
    it takes me twice as long to do that world quest as it does a normal dungeon, becasue finding a group thanks to phasing can be a crapshoot and on my own, I'm a dirty casual who has to be careful and fight one normal mob at a time. why do you think I was queueing up for a NORMAL dungeon rather then heroic? because even on normal I sometimes get flustered trying to keep up with the breakneck speed that tanks set, I would rather not be blamed for wipes on heroic, just because i'm not a miracle worker with infinite mana and gear score that's 30 points higher than what that heroic drops in a first place.

I'm literally terrified to do dungeons on anyone BUT my druid, cause at least she has a decent amount of AoE heals, instant hot, and most importantly I can pop sprint to catch up if need be. in any case. thank you and others like you for reminding me why I only play WoW casually, occasionally and solo nowadays.

I did figure out what was happening so I will know better how not to let jerks waste my time in a future. that this apparently is a standard modus operandi explains why the group didn't back fill via priority. no one wants to do that dungeon as , you know... actual dungeon run.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2021-03-04 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Festisio View Post
    There's two types of players in Shadowlands.

1) Those who know it is wrong to leave after the first boss when your legendary does/doesn't drop.

2) C*nts
    And this is the very moment when I want to quote Billy Butcher...

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Just to explain... that dps is certainly after a legendary, which blizzard stupidly has drop on the first boss. If they are solo queuing as dps it probably takes like 30 minutes to get in.

And the only interesting piece of loot for him comes from the first boss so he’s bailing out after every time.
    they were queueing up with a tank and dropping multiple groups. I got grouped with them twice, before ignore actualy started keeping them out. each time, I got different 2 other dps. 30 minute queue you say? consider at least 4 dps that I met that had those 30 minutes wasted. and not concider how many more dps's time they wasted with their shenanigans.

This thread just cements for me everything that is wrong with the current entitled millennial generation of wow players, who feel the need to defend the obvious Dick move by the tank/ rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    thank you for recommendation, going to grab it asap.

- - - Updated - - -
    No problem, glad to help! At this moment i think i have around 3,500 people give or take on my ignore list.. It's always fun to look back at the list and see how many people from each realm i have ignored.. Tichondrius, Emerald Dream and Sargeras last time i checked were the most. I play on Coilfang-US.

were you doing this at 5am or something? getting grouped with the same people multiple times in a row is extremely rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    it takes me twice as long to do that world quest as it does a normal dungeon, becasue finding a group thanks to phasing can be a crapshoot and on my own, I'm a dirty casual who has to be careful and fight one normal mob at a time. why do you think I was queueing up for a NORMAL dungeon rather then heroic? because even on normal I sometimes get flustered trying to keep up with the breakneck speed that tanks set, I would rather not be blamed for wipes on heroic, just because i'm not a miracle worker with infinite mana and gear score that's 30 points higher than what that heroic drops in a first place.

I'm literally terrified to do dungeons on anyone BUT my druid, cause at least she has a decent amount of AoE heals, instant hot, and most importantly I can pop sprint to catch up if need be. in any case. thank you and others like you for reminding me why I only play WoW casually, occasionally and solo nowadays.

I did figure out what was happening so I will know better how not to let jerks waste my time in a future. that this apparently is a standard modus operandi explains why the group didn't back fill via priority. no one wants to do that dungeon as , you know... actual dungeon run.
    And why don't you have 195 gear that you get for simply doing the campaign and worldquests..?
    Dungeons CAN be a clusterfuck depending on what people you get, yeah - that's why I'd never do a dungeon if I can avoid it. Normals are the worst of all - heroics are easier than those in almost every case since heroics are implemented (except cata pre-nerf). I mostly play(ed) solo and got to 198 over a month ago, around 190ish with an alt that I didnt do any myths at all and didn't play much.

When I go to an elite WQ I simply start my own group and invite everyone that queues - most times WQs do not even take 5 minutes this way. No stress at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    This thread just cements for me everything that is wrong with the current entitled millennial generation of wow players, who feel the need to defend the obvious Dick move by the tank/ rogue.
    Sadly this is a problem not only with Wow community. They think only about their asses, justify their selfish behavior and on top of that are offended by literary everything.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    so overall, blizz creating this problem in the first place and not fixing it upon seeing the problem should be blamed. they made raid legendaries 100% drops. why haven't they changed dungeon drops yet? people have been doing this since week 1.
    Because you can only loot a raid once a day. You can loot LFD dungeons over and over again. IT would be beyond stupid to have a less than 100% drop rate on something you can only do once a week. PEopel getting those legendaries would be at a massive disadvantage to those that get their s in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    And why don't you have 195 gear that you get for simply doing the campaign and worldquests..?
    Dungeons CAN be a clusterfuck depending on what people you get, yeah - that's why I'd never do a dungeon if I can avoid it. Normals are the worst of all - heroics are easier than those in almost every case since heroics are implemented (except cata pre-nerf). I mostly play(ed) solo and got to 198 over a month ago, around 190ish with an alt that I didnt do any myths at all and didn't play much.

When I go to an elite WQ I simply start my own group and invite everyone that queues - most times WQs do not even take 5 minutes this way. No stress at all.
    becasue I'm saving all my anima to upgrade the sanctum and then to buy the cosmetics. my current gearscore from worldquests is 182.

I tried starting groups for world quests before - even weekly worldboss can be a crapshoot. after multiple players being in a different phase and leaving, i gave up. I just tag along informally if I see people fighting there, or move carefully on my own if no one is there. I'm also, once again. casual player. not god's gift to wow. my skill level is mediocre at best. last time I tried heroic, I had to log out and take a painkiller for the migraine it gave me by being THAT stressful. I'm not trying THAT again.