Poll: Do you support Joe Biden's strike on Syria?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well, the man did say " nothing will fundamentally change " if he's elected.

It looks like he's keeping his word so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. If USA is there to defend it's Allies, then I think I can get behind that. Allies that were abandoned by Trump.

Yeah, it's complicated. I just don't know enough to form much of an opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Nothing about this is complicated or the complex, the US does not belong in Syria.

But its the only thing both parties support, war and bombings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but also no.

I have always hated the wars in the Middle East, hated them when Bush announced them, hate them now. So I believe we should stop any further escalation and leave.

But with that said, I also think that since we made this mess, we should be the ones cleaning it. So while we're there, we do have a responsibility to defend our assets and the assets of our allies. That would include airstriking any potential imminent threat against ourselves and our allies.

Now I'm not in military intelligence, I don't know exactly what provoked this strike, other than a strike by an Iranian group against us prior. But if it was conducted to pre-emptively stop an attack we knew was coming, I wouldn't exactly be happy about it, but not angry either.
    Putin khuliyo

Repeal the AUMF that this is all being carried out under. I oppose.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Well, the man did say " nothing will fundamentally change " if he's elected.

It looks like he's keeping his word so far.
    This is one of those things that it wouldn't matter what Joe did

If Joe did nothing...you'd have people all over him saying he's showing the world that they can attack America and it's allies with no consequences.

If trump were still President... half the people that are booing Joe for this strike would be crawling over each other to get up on Trump's Dick.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2021-03-04 at 02:46 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    This is one of those things that it wouldn't matter what Joe did

If Joe did nothing...you'd have people all over him saying he's showing the world that they can attack America and it's allies with no consequences.

If trump were still President... half the people that are booing Joe for this strike would be crawling over each other to get up on Trump's Dick.
    Seems the problem is that the US is still in Syria is the first place.

Yeah, Biden can get fucked for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Seems the problem is that the US is still in Syria is the first place.\.
    Are we there for a reason other than "Russia is in there"?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Are we there for a reason other than "Russia is in there"?
    Fighting terrorism/terrorist organizations is the reason we are there. Or suppose to be. Like this three-four side war where certain sides are fighting each other or suppose to not. A real mess.

The Middle East is a real mess starting with the death of Muhammed and not making a will of who should take over (Sunni v. Shi'a) then rolling into Sykes-Picot with cramming ethnic groups together that didn't really like each other and broken promises. Rolling into mandates and such into WW2 and the holocaust. Then just giving in to the Zionist and making Israel. Throw ina few dictators along Sunni/Shi'a lines the whole Iran-Iraq War and Arab-Israeli wars. The US getting involved Oil, Water rights, and Arab Spring now wonder it's a mess of things.

I'm still all for the US just help building up the "New World" and leave the "Old World" to its own devices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Fighting terrorism/terrorist organizations is the reason we are there. Or suppose to be.
    Yeah...not sure which is the real reason anymore. What a disaster, and a lot of it our fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yeah...not sure which is the real reason anymore. What a disaster, and a lot of it our fault.
    Oil!

Probably there is mixed in there the idea it could spread over into Israel and that would make for a bigger shit storm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oil!
    Don't say the quiet part out loud, the non-Americans are watching. (Yeah, we're not fooling anyone)

10+ Year Old Account
    in fact I don't know, did Syria threatened or attacked the USA? if yes I can understand, if not that is quite bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    in fact I don't know, did Syria threatened or attacked the USA?
    From context, this is supposedly about enemy forces killing an American contractor. So, technically yes, but it's really a stretch.

Fighting terrorism/terrorist organizations is the reason we are there. .
    hoo boy... lmao do you really believe what you say? just admit that it is for oil at least people would not laugh at you and see you honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fighting terrorism/terrorist organizations is the reason we are there. Or suppose to be. Like this three-four side war where certain sides are fighting each other or suppose to not. A real mess.

The Middle East is a real mess starting with the death of Muhammed and not making a will of who should take over (Sunni v. Shi'a) then rolling into Sykes-Picot with cramming ethnic groups together that didn't really like each other and broken promises. Rolling into mandates and such into WW2 and the holocaust. Then just giving in to the Zionist and making Israel. Throw ina few dictators along Sunni/Shi'a lines the whole Iran-Iraq War and Arab-Israeli wars. The US getting involved Oil, Water rights, and Arab Spring now wonder it's a mess of things.

I'm still all for the US just help building up the "New World" and leave the "Old World" to its own devices.
    Betraying the Arabs and Sykes/Picot were the dumbest middle eastern decisions made in that century.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Funny, Trump literally did an attack 9 days into his presidency. He killed 14 Jihadists, which was good, but he also killed 10 civilians and got a fucking SEAL killed and destroyed a $75 million aircraft. Trump killed more civilians in his first 9 months, than all 8 years of Obama combined.

Did you complain then?
    yes, I did, no matter what president it was and who I will always complain about it. I don't care about Trump or Biden, they are both somewhere where they should not have been in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Of course not. That's why he has a golden statue that carries a magic wand.
    ah yes, because you know me sooooo well.

Quote Originally Posted by ABEEnr2 View Post
    ah yes, because you know me sooooo well.
    I would be lying if I said I did. But this response is kind of another bread crumb down the path of me being correct about ya. Sorry if I am wrong about it but it's one of those things where its been quaking like a duck so excuse me for thinking that might just be a duck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I would be lying if I said I did. But this response is kind of another bread crumb down the path of me being correct about ya. Sorry if I am wrong about it but it's one of those things where its been quaking like a duck so excuse me for thinking that might just be a duck.
    Ah the typical poster who thinks everybody who shits on Biden is a Trump supporter.
    Be a bit more orginal.

Oil!
    If America was not itself so invested in fossil fuels, it could lead the world to diminishing the geopolitical impact of that seemingly cursed region by moving to renewables.