Poll: What will raid comp be for Karazhan

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Karazhan, probably 2/1/7. I think you guys are remembering wrong if you thought you needed 2, hell even 3 healers. If one or two of the DPS is a hybrid then it's even easier. It's on 2.4.3 after all.
    Hi

0/0/10 or youre a pussy

1/1/8 once you're out of blues.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Oh grats for you, you choose the broken OP specs so naturally you get invited to groups. This idea "oomkin or Ret pally is wrong choice" is why WoW player experience is going to the toilet and getting to MOBA levels. Instead of being an MMORPG where if the players know what they are doing and geared/talented correctly they are perfectly valid. Especially for ancient content that is incredibly easy.

I dont understand why people just wanna stroll down memory lane as easily as possible with the OP specs. Like what is the point? Do you not like to actually have a challenge every now and then? Or do you just miss standing in orgimmar/IF decked in T6 running around on your mount, the true pinnacle of WoW
    People want to top meters and clear content. Pugs will look for risk mitigation - stack OP classes and hope it compensates for lack of itemization/competency.

I stopped watching/following the speed runs/races because it just doesn’t align with my goals.

Find a likeminded guild and things will get cleared just fine, without the sweaty min/max (to an extent).

I remember one time I was doing Nightbane, and because I was doing pure pugs I was scraping the bottom of the barrel for bodies. If they were attuned and could click the “accept summon” button, they were in.

We did Nightbane one night and had decent healers and tanks. No one was screwing up mechanics, everyone was alive, but he just wouldn’t die.

DBM had the timer at 14 minutes when we finally went OOM and wiped.

I didn’t understand how we’d died but someone pointed out that the top dpser did like 400, everyone else did like 250-350.

After that I started paying some more attention to DPS.

And I also actually learned a real-life lesson that day, it was really the first time in my life the participation trophy mentality ran in to reality.

(However, as a result of this, I actually don’t know if people are trolling or not with 1/1/8. If the fights can be burned down like the way modern Molten Core is I don’t see why not. But I don’t think DPS in BC is gonna be quite as different in the re-release as it was for vanilla.)
    Last edited by garicasha; 2021-03-04 at 11:39 PM.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    This is what ruined classic, so no surprise people will minmax the shit out of BC too haha
    this is what ruined classic for you maybe but its no ones fault but your own for, apparently, maining a feral dps druid. Classic was and is still fine.

Oh dont worry we'll certainly be getting that also. "Looking for X class (NO insert X class here)" because that extra 100 dps for optimal set up will defiantly be make or break for karazhan loool
    It's usually not the DPS it's the utility.

And this was most definitely done back in the day.

Oh dont worry we'll certainly be getting that also. "Looking for X class (NO insert X class here)" because that extra 100 dps for optimal set up will defiantly be make or break for karazhan loool
    So you're whining in a thread that isn't that because threads like that will happen? Okay.

Oh grats for you, you choose the broken OP specs so naturally you get invited to groups.
    I... what? I'm deeply confused. A 58 warrior is OP? A Bear druid or Ret pally is OP? I don't ... I didn't even say what my main was or what all my 60s were.

And yes. Ret/Oomkin are "wrong" choices if you want in "just any" group. They're "wrong" cause they're horrible DPS, one can sorta off heal, and neither can tank particularly well. Is it "wrong" to play them? Hell no. But it's like showing up to a basketball league when you're 4'8" and complaining that all those over 6' are being chosen first. If you show up to a pick-up group at the local Y, ain't no one gonna give a damn how tall you are.

I dont understand why people just wanna stroll down memory lane as easily as possible with the OP specs. Like what is the point? Do you not like to actually have a challenge every now and then?
    Because that's how they want to play? I don't understand why you're trying to belittle their mindset and complain that they aren't complying with yours. I don't show up to a chess group and throw down Arkham Horror then piss and moan about not being let into the chess games.
    To put it in more plain terms: Some people like things stuffed in all their holes. Some people only like one hole. Neither are wrong, but group A whining about how group B does it is wrong.
    As for challenge, challenge is what you make of it. WoW Classic is by no means hard. Any and all challenges are either overcome by gear or knowledge. Remove one or both and you're fabricating the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    this is what ruined classic for you maybe but its no ones fault but your own for, apparently, maining a feral dps druid. Classic was and is still fine.
    So it's my fault for playing what I like? What the actual god damn fuck is that logic?

By "fine" you mean the bots that ruin the economy and the PvP ladder? Or you mean that you can barely find anyone for traditional leveling because players are rather boosting themselves through whatever dungeon yields the best xp/hr? Or maybe you mean when a small number of guilds fucked up entire realms during the AQ event by controlling the turn-ins and if anyone wanted to turn in solo they harassed them to death?

Yeah, classic was fucked the moment it went live and TBC will be the same if not worse.

You might bring a 3rd healer for the first clear in week one. After that you'll have enough gear that you won't need it.

I am looking a little more big picture here, but you eventually are going to want a 25 man roster with a guild. So probably will end up with at least 2 groups in Kara with one rolling 3 and one rolling 2 so at least you can solidify your tank and healer core. In either case though odds are either setup will work. Its just are people going to cry about it taking 10 extra minutes to complete or not. Which I have found in this community is usually a huge yes.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    I'm still stuck in the days where 2/3/5 was the comp for a 10-man raid.

Although I knew so little about raiding back then...hell it wasn't until ICC that someone showed me what happens to raid DPS during hero/bl via the real-time dps graph in recount that I found out it was so valuable.

But I remember Moroes being a b---- to heal, although I think that varies widely by patch.

Oh and bad groups had serious trouble with Curator.
    The fact you even have to ask, means you're a player most folks would never want around.

We were doing 2-2-6 from day one in Kara, without issues. Paladin and Shaman healers. Warrior and Druid tank. And it was easy. Just like Classic was easy. Planning your strategy, for a 14-year-old content because you "still don't know" is so fucking laughable.

This is why I won't be playing this. Unless someone tells you exactly what to do, too many classic players can't figure shit out on their own.

Is your group basically all t3 geared? Then youll easily 1-1-8. Do you have fresh people just starting out that didnt farm out Naxx mixed with some that did? then 1-2-7
    Kara is going to be nothing more than a speed bump for guilds that farmed out naxx and for those that didnt it will be slightly slower but easy.

Seem to recall clearing it once back in the day with one prot paladin, one holy priest, and the rest dps in a pug. Was the best run i ever did because i didn't do it with my shitty guild lol.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    So it's my fault for playing what I like? What the actual god damn fuck is that logic?

By "fine" you mean the bots that ruin the economy and the PvP ladder? Or you mean that you can barely find anyone for traditional leveling because players are rather boosting themselves through whatever dungeon yields the best xp/hr? Or maybe you mean when a small number of guilds fucked up entire realms during the AQ event by controlling the turn-ins and if anyone wanted to turn in solo they harassed them to death?

Yeah, classic was fucked the moment it went live and TBC will be the same if not worse.
    Yes it is 100% your fault for playing what you like... like wtf whose fault do you think it is?

Botting has been around since vanilla, it exists in classic as it does on Live

No one can harass you in the game

I've been in a Karazhan groups where a druid could almost solo heal on some fights, so I'd say 2/2/6.

That said: On my first Karazhan run our raid leader brought four priests to shackle the trash before Horseman and the four adds in the Moroes fight good times!

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I mean, what's wrong with asking whether or not you want two or three healers lol?

You might have a point if he was asking exactly what classes to bring to make the run as painless as possible, based exclusively on what classes do the most damage coming into Karazhan with Naxxaramas gear and/or dungeon blues.
    People like you will ruin BC classic like you ruined classic. Played classic, %99 logs with just getting world buffs and zero fucking effort whatsoever, cleared everything first week without issue, we had meme classes like ench shamans, a boomie, etc. Its fucking 10 year old if not longer content where you literally need to do zero minmaxing and you can still clear it. You can clear with 2 healers, you can clear with 3 healers, you can clear with 4 HECK EVEN 5, because you know why, people will be doing 2 times the damage they will be doing because people are not utter garbage unlike old days.

As i said, people like you are the reason it will be utter shit. Its not hard, you don't need to minmax it at all, this comes from a person who ACTUALLY played tbc and not so blizzard servers quite a bit. They have to buff to content %100 percent, and even then people clear with near minimal bloody effort. Its karazhan for fuck sake.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Karazhan, probably 2/1/7. I think you guys are remembering wrong if you thought you needed 2, hell even 3 healers. If one or two of the DPS is a hybrid then it's even easier. It's on 2.4.3 after all.
    Honestly before we started running T4 stuff our 10 man groups were doing 1 healer for most fights. Depending on the group make up we would switch our druid healer, my disc priest, friend's holy priest, and friend's resto shaman around between the two groups. Some times the druid and my friend's shaman would run with one group while me healing the other group with my friend's holy priest just going shadow and off healing on certain fights which were a little more healing intensive but he did it as shadow.