Poll: What will raid comp be for Karazhan

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It depends on how good your healers are. I would probably aim for 2/3/5 at launch for your average guild until people get a bit of gear etc. If you are sweaty nerds then 2/1/7 baby.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    You guys are gonna make BC soooo much fun with your obsession for optimal lists for 10+ year old content!!!
    Couldn't agree more.
    Just play the game FFS, it'll be time to optimize when you actually face a wall.

TBH, even at the time people had these idiotic "lists of requirements", and would for example claim "you NEED X CC to do 5-men", and would tend to turn down fury warrior and enhance chaman from dungeons. Despite both being perfectly viable.
    It's not new, though it's annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    (However, as a result of this, I actually don’t know if people are trolling or not with 1/1/8. If the fights can be burned down like the way modern Molten Core is I don’t see why not. But I don’t think DPS in BC is gonna be quite as different in the re-release as it was for vanilla.)
    We did 2/1/7 with a holy paladin back in the day, though it was a guild group. It's not super-easy but it's not impossible either. I don't doubt that with well-geared and good players, 1/1/8 might be highly possible. But that's the fun, trying things and see if it fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Couldn't agree more.
    Just play the game FFS, it'll be time to optimize when you actually face a wall.

TBH, even at the time people had these idiotic "lists of requirements", and would for example claim "you NEED X CC to do 5-men", and would tend to turn down fury warrior and enhance chaman from dungeons. Despite both being perfectly viable.
    Imagine if a group of friends wanted to prep themselves in regards to what classes/specs they wanted to play in regards to 10 man content. Knowing what the general "rule of thumb" for 10 man will be is quite beneficial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Opera -Red Riding hood, West Side Story, Romeo and Juliet
    2nd Opera event was Wizard of Oz wasn't it? I seem to remember you needed to use Frost on the Tinman and Fire on Scarecrow.

Edit: According to wowpedia, frost didn't affect Tinman at all, it was scripted
    Last edited by Lollis; 2021-03-05 at 08:02 AM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

- - - Updated - - -

We did 2/1/7 with a holy paladin back in the day, though it was a guild group. It's not super-easy but it's not impossible either. I don't doubt that with well-geared and good players, 1/1/8 might be highly possible. But that's the fun, trying things and see if it fits.
    *Guild member Billy who plays a holy paladon asks for invite to karazhan*

"Sorry billy we cant take another healer, the guide online says we need should 1 heal this"
    (Nevermind you have no one in raid that needs plate intell gear and you have a lot of melee DPS that could benefit from blessing of salvation)
    *invites 3rd hunter or warlock because guide says they are top DPS in sunwell gear*

Like come on, this content is so easy you can easily get away with a few classes that are not best in slot so to speak

"Sorry billy we cant take another healer, the guide online says we need should 1 heal this"
    (Nevermind you have no one in raid that needs plate intell gear and you have a lot of melee DPS that could benefit from blessing of salvation)
    *invites 3rd hunter or warlock because guide says they are top DPS in sunwell gear*

Like come on, this content is so easy you can easily get away with a few classes that are not best in slot so to speak
    Why do you feel the need to tell people how to play the game?
    You can play your way we can play our way. No one is forcing you to join a guild who likes min/maxing.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Why do you feel the need to tell people how to play the game?
    You can play your way we can play our way. No one is forcing you to join a guild who likes min/maxing.
    yeah people are free to play the game however they want.

Which seems to have evolved into just following the 1% and min/maxing like an obsessed stat chaser.

The content in BC is gonna be so easy, I can fathom why people would obsess for the perfect raid set ups. Let people play what they wanna play. If you're wiping to attunemen and chess event its not because you rolled a feral druid.

yeah people are free to play the game however they want.

Which seems to have evolved into just following the 1% and min/maxing like an obsessed stat chaser.

The content in BC is gonna be so easy, I can fathom why people would obsess for the perfect raid set ups. Let people play what they wanna play. If you're wiping to attunemen and chess event its not because you rolled a feral druid.
    That's the point. People can play whatever they want... just not in (for example) my guild. I tell them thatbeforehand. So i don't just throw someone out midraid. And if someone wants to change his main he can. Just not with my raid if the class is utterly useless.
    That is not what is fun for me. I like min/maxing and the people i play with like it too. We are not world first race people.

What i don't get is people telling me i play the game wrong when i don't tell you how to play it. I play games the way they are fun for ME and my group. And playing that way is what is fun for us. No matter if some classes will not get taken. These classes won't be in our group in the first place so we don't even fuck over anyone.

We can make a twink raid where everyone chooses whatever. Idgaf about that. But not the main raid.
    Again in mine. Everyone is free to make what they want. An all oomkin raid. Go for it.

That's the point. People can play whatever they want... just not in (for example) my guild. I tell them thatbeforehand. So i don't just throw someone out midraid. And if someone wants to change his main he can. Just not with my raid if the class is utterly useless.
    That is not what is fun for me. I like min/maxing and the people i play with like it too. We are not world first race people.

What i don't get is people telling me i play the game wrong when i don't tell you how to play it. I play games the way they are fun for ME and my group. And playing that way is what is fun for us. No matter if some classes will not get taken. These classes won't be in our group in the first place so we don't even fuck over anyone.

We can make a twink raid where everyone chooses whatever. Idgaf about that. But not the main raid.
    Again in mine. Everyone is free to make what they want. An all oomkin raid. Go for it.
    yeah yeah i get what you're saying. I have no power over what people want to do, what I say on a forum isnt gonna change peoples decision.

Im just pointing out the growing toxicity in the WoW community where they are meta slaves. And im saying theres no need to be slaves to best in slot guides when the content is piss easy

*scratch head*
    Not really sure why you're telling me this, I'm not exactly supporting the useless min-maxing of the game here.

You guys are gonna make BC soooo much fun with your obsession for optimal lists for 10+ year old content!!!
    omg some1 asked about how many healers is ideal for a raid, how dare they bring their retail min-maxing into bc! No1 ever did this back in BC! hahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    omg some1 asked about how many healers is ideal for a raid, how dare they bring their retail min-maxing into bc! hahahahahahaha
    Well yeah. If you want boring min/maxing to be able to play the game, retail is a gold token away.

So you actively force people as a collective to play x class instead of y class to kill bosses in 50 seconds instead of 60 seconds? On a content that is so trivial and easy that on private servers they were tuning things %100 harder than blizzlike to just give illusion of "toughness" and people were clearing it anyway. You would legit not play a class on your raid and deny people raid spots for fucking Kara? Yikes.

I can tell from what you wrote your guild discord probably sounds likes Apes bwl comps that everybody yelling each other toxic shit because they did 10 dps less than the other dude so the boss died in 20 seconds instead of 18.

People like you ruined classic, people like you will ruin BC. People like you will also ruin wotlk.

Im just pointing out the growing toxicity in the WoW community where they are meta slaves. And im saying theres no need to be slaves to best in slot guides when the content is piss easy
    Yet you codemn ppl for not being a slave to your meta. Just accept that some ppl enjoy min/maxing and want to play the game differently than you, and to abhor them for that is just as bad as ppl abhoring you for how you want to play the game.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2021-03-05 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    2/2.5/5.5 is the best option IMO

2 dedicated healers, one class like SPriest or EleSham that can throw out a couple heals in an emergency
    I agree and I plan to be that .5/.5

Well yeah. If you want boring min/maxing to be able to play the game, retail is a gold token away.
    Asking about using 2 vs 3 healers is min/maxing? Can I ask what isn't min/maxing to you? Can people not even ask simple questions about the game they are playing without triggering your anti-retail bias?

Asking about using 2 vs 3 healers is min/maxing? Can I ask what isn't min/maxing to you? Can people not even ask simple questions about the game they are playing without triggering your anti-retail bias?
    I dont have an anti retail bias. Im playing shadowlands at the moment so I clearly dont hate retail.

But sure be a meta slave for chess event. Those world record clear times await!

Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    So you actively force people as a collective to play x class instead of y class to kill bosses in 50 seconds instead of 60 seconds? On a content that is so trivial and easy that on private servers they were tuning things %100 harder than blizzlike to just give illusion of "toughness" and people were clearing it anyway. You would legit not play a class on your raid and deny people raid spots for fucking Kara? Yikes.

I can tell from what you wrote your guild discord probably sounds likes Apes bwl comps that everybody yelling each other toxic shit because they did 10 dps less than the other dude so the boss died in 20 seconds instead of 18.

People like you ruined classic, people like you will ruin BC. People like you will also ruin wotlk.
    Actually no. Everyone knows how we play beforehand. No toxicity. Everyone thinks the same.

We only get insults form people like you.

Do you need to move your feet to walk? Also do you move both of your feet to walk or do you just use one feet to walk and drag the other one? What are you looking to me like that? Can't a man ask a totally legit question?

That's the level of logic when people ask how many healers they should plan and bring to fucking KARAZHAN, when you can clear with 1,2,3,4 even bloody 5 healer if you really dont mind waiting 10 min per boss. Considering most of the dpses nowadays play on average 2 times better than what is suppose to be in tbc, and even in tbc everybody and their mother could clear kara anyway, the question is obtuse. You can 5 man kara, you bloody shouldn't, but you can, on paper.

There is quite literally NO DIFFERENCE on what can be done between 2 and 3 healers in kara. ZERO. NADA. NULL. When people cannot use that level of critical thinking, one can assume two things. First assumption is, assuming he played any type of wow expansion before, he is not very smart. Second option is, he is NON IRONICALLY try to min-max KARA, which is the most pathetic thing i seen in the forum for a long time, and probably not very smart also.

This comes from a person who loved classic and love TBC and Wotlk. So I have nothing against the games, but when people try to make this non existing math questions for their planning, it looks pathetic. And they will also bring that min-max elitist toxic attitude to the game, which is one of the reason why I hate the wow community nowadays. It's always existed, but its becoming worse and worse everyday, because people simply don't have the capacity to think for themselves and have to fallow peoples commands like good little sheep they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually no. Everyone knows how we play beforehand. No toxicity. Everyone thinks the same.

We only get insults form people like you.
    Insults? I called you probably toxic. If you takes the Apes part as insult, thats the guilds name, so that one is on you. And I am behind the toxic statement, you would probably be the first person to kick someone from a dungeon group or a pug raid after you realize he plays the off meta spec than the meta spec.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You want 3 healers at first. Couple of weeks later or 3, you will transition to 2. You will see.