View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Wait, why is it a good thing that EU products and peoples can continue to flood into the UK with no border checks?

You specifically left the EU so that it could no longer happen, and here you are cheering as it does.
    You forget that this is Schroedingers Brexit. The one where we both take back complete control of our borders (and the Brexiteers cheer) and leave a border entirely open (and the Brexiteers cheer).

You can't expect these fucking idiots to hold a solid and coherent thought in brains that have the consistency of wet porridge. The Ireland problem has been clear and plain since the minute that the vote to leave was made. Nobody has ever squared that particular circle, because it can't be done. So instead you have a border in the Irish Sea, that Boris tried to pretend wasn't going to be there, and all the issues that ends up causing.

Mark my words, these morons running our country will end up breaking the GFA if it gives them a 1% boost in the polls compared to carrying on with the current situation. They have no morals, no shame and by and large no clue.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56278125

Interesting... and not quite surprising.
    Interesting that Boris wants to try this again after he crawled back on last time.
    I expect the same to happen this time.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Interesting developments... since the EU-UK trade agreement is only implemented provisionally and yet has to be ratified by the EUP, MEPs have postponed the ratification process for the agreement. This bullshit move of unilaterally extending the grace period on custom checks could blow up in everyone's faces...

https://www.politico.eu/article/meps...-ratification/

Leaders of the European Parliament's political groups on Thursday postponed a decision on when to vote to ratify the post-Brexit trade deal following accusations Britain risks breaking international law over Northern Ireland.

According to two officials, the Parliament's Conference of Presidents decision came as a reaction to the U.K. on Wednesday unveiling plans to unilaterally extend grace periods on post-Brexit customs checks at Northern Ireland’s ports for at least six months. European Commission Vice-President Maroš Šefčovič condemned the move, branding it “a clear departure from the constructive approach” to ongoing talks on Northern Ireland trade that he said would undermine trust.

The Commission said in a statement that it marked the “second time” the U.K. government had been “set to breach international law” after a heated row over the border erupted in 2020.
    And of course, we have the ghost of Troubles past to entertain the Brexit psychopaths that like to play with fire...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...iday-agreement

Loyalist paramilitary groups have told the British and Irish governments they are withdrawing support for the Good Friday agreement in protest at Northern Ireland’s Irish Sea trade border with the rest of the UK.

The Loyalist Communities Council, an umbrella group that represents the views of the UVF, UDA and Red Hand Commando, wrote a letter to Boris Johnson and Ireland’s taoiseach, Micheál Martin, warning of “permanent destruction” of the 1998 peace agreement without changes to post-Brexit arrangements for Northern Ireland.
    Last edited by Slant; 2021-03-05 at 12:04 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Interesting developments... since the EU-UK trade agreement is only implemented provisionally and yet has to be ratified by the EUP, MEPs have postponed the ratification process for the agreement. This bullshit move of unilaterally extending the grace period on custom checks could blow up in everyone's faces...

https://www.politico.eu/article/meps...-ratification/

And of course, we have the ghost of Troubles past to entertain the Brexit psychopaths that like to play with fire...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...iday-agreement
    Meaning we may yet see a no deal brexit... interesting times...

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The EU are only now finding out that they have no power over the UK after Brexit and are a tad upset.

The UK have decided to extend the grace period without EU agreement, indefinitely most likely, and there is nothing the EU can do about it. Sure they can threaten legal action, but they have no means of enforcing any future judgement against the UK who will just choose to ignore it.

Another Brexit benefit highlighted...
    lol, your completely unawareness of how diplomacy works its something between cute and disturbing...
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    Meaning we may yet see a no deal brexit... interesting times...
    Yeah pretty much. It's the actual, real life bloody neverending story.

Huh, thinking about it... I may have just had a late realisation..

Would it be a fair assessment to say that the core of this whole mess with NI originates in the British notion that "EU" equals "continental Europe"? Are they that stupid? Do they really not consider Ireland "a real part of the EU"?

It's the only way I can make sense of the paradox of closing the borders to the EU while opening the borders to the EU (on the Island of Ireland). It's the only way it makes any sort of sense. Is that it? Do the British still consider Ireland basically a very unruly colony of theirs?

Wow... that means, for the past five years we've had the wrong discussion between the EU and the UK. It would explain so many misunderstandings.
    Last edited by Slant; 2021-03-05 at 01:16 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Interesting that Boris wants to try this again after he crawled back on last time.
    I expect the same to happen this time.
    Thanks to the deft and skilful way our Boris has handled Brexit, the EU, protecting NI and the Vaccine rollout he doesn't have to "crawl" back on anything and enjoys ever increasing support in the UK.

If there were a General Election tomorrow how would you vote? (4th March 2021)

https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1367527504643293189

Con: 45% (+4 from 25-26 Feb)
    Lab: 32% (-4)
    Green: 7% (n/c)
    Lib Dem: 6% (+1)
    SNP: 5% (n/c)
    Reform UK: 3% (n/c)
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Yeah pretty much. It's the actual, real life bloody neverending story.

Huh, thinking about it... I may have just had a late realisation..

Would it be a fair assessment to say that the core of this whole mess with NI originates in the British notion that "EU" equals "continental Europe"? Are they that stupid? Do they really not consider Ireland "a real part of the EU"?

It's the only way I can make sense of the paradox of closing the borders to the EU while opening the borders to the EU (on the Island of Ireland). It's the only way it makes any sort of sense. Is that it? Do the British still consider Ireland basically a very unruly colony of theirs?

Wow... that means, for the past five years we've had the wrong discussion between the EU and the UK. It would explain so many misunderstandings.
    It all revolve around the Good Friday Agreement.

Boris can't put a border between Ireland and N-I without violating the GFA, nothing to do with considering it an unruly colony and more with wanting to avoid the return of IRA bombs going off.

May couldn't solve the border issue, Boris did it by abandoning N-I with the Irish Sea border but that is a problematic solution in its own right as N-I is heavily dependant on export from the rest of the UK.

It seems Boris isn't willing to complete abandon N-I and as such is now stuck trying to find ways around the Irish Sea border and the obligations with the EU treaty.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks to the deft and skilful way our Boris has handled Brexit, the EU, protecting NI and the Vaccine rollout he doesn't have to "crawl" back on anything and enjoys ever increasing support in the UK.

If there were a General Election tomorrow how would you vote? (4th March 2021)

https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1367527504643293189

Con: 45% (+4 from 25-26 Feb)
    Lab: 32% (-4)
    Green: 7% (n/c)
    Lib Dem: 6% (+1)
    SNP: 5% (n/c)
    Reform UK: 3% (n/c)
    domestic approval is not very relevant when discussing the global consequences of breaking international treaties you only just signed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    It all revolve around the Good Friday Agreement.

Boris can't put a border between Ireland and N-I without violating the GFA, nothing to do with considering it an unruly colony and more with wanting to avoid the return of IRA bombs going off.

May couldn't solve the border issue, Boris did it by abandoning N-I with the Irish Sea border but that is a problematic solution in its own right as N-I is heavily dependant on export from the rest of the UK.

It seems Boris isn't willing to complete abandon N-I and as such is now stuck trying to find ways around the Irish Sea border and the obligations with the EU treaty.
    What they should do is just work with the EU to increase the exception made for Northern Ireland to the entirety of the UK. That way there wouldn't be a border between Ireland and Northern Ireland, or a border between NI and the rest of the UK.
    They could call it something like "Membership in the EU" or "participating in the union" or some such nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    What they should do is just work with the EU to increase the exception made for Northern Ireland to the entirety of the UK. That way there wouldn't be a border between Ireland and Northern Ireland, or a border between NI and the rest of the UK.
    They could call it something like "Membership in the EU" or "participating in the union" or some such nonsense.
    You know, that would actually be the only solution I can see... amazing.

In other news, DUP being stupid again. Their head were-woman had this to say:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKBN2AX0TP

“What they’re only interested in is protecting their bloc, they’re not interested, as they claim to be, in protecting the Belfast agreement,” Arlene Foster told BBC radio on Friday.

“If they were, they would not be taking the action that they’re taking a present.”
    Well, duh... protecting the bloc is like one of the core reasons for the EU to exist... glad she finally realised what the EU does.

Well, duh... protecting the bloc is like one of the core reasons for the EU to exist... glad she finally realised what the EU does.
    Brexiters: when we look out for our people it's right and just and sensible but when we leave your group and you proceed to look out for those who stayed you're big meanie weanie evil tyrants.

Seriously. Is there a single person that's pro-brexit that isn't just offensively blatantly too stupid to see such obvious hypocrisy?

The issues with the Ireland border are 100% the fault of the Brexiters and yet people like @dribbles expect the EU to clean their nappies for them.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2021-03-05 at 03:13 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Brexiters: when we look out for our people it's right and just and sensible but when we leave your group and you proceed to look out for those who stayed you're big meanie weanie evil tyrants.

Seriously. Is there a single person that's pro-brexit that isn't just offensively blatantly too stupid to see such obvious hypocrisy?

The issues with the Ireland border are 100% the fault of the Brexiters and yet people like @dribbles expect the EU to clean their nappies for them.
    Not how it is seen here by the UK, it is EU actions that are threatening the peace between the UK and EU.

Ministers accuse EU of stoking fight over Northern Ireland protocol.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-protocol.html

Let's not forget it was the EU's incredible act of hostility towards the UK in flippantly triggering Article 16 last month and then embarrassingly U turning in retreat that began all of this. In the end it will be just another pointless infringement process in an insignificant court no longer recognised here, thanks to yet another brexit benefit, and launched against the UK that will be ignored. One of over a hundred such ongoing actions that will be treated by the UK the same way.

Do the EU love wasting their citizens money on lawyers? They are a paper tiger, no more no less.

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Not how it is seen here by the UK, it is EU actions that are threatening the peace between the UK and EU.

Ministers accuse EU of stoking fight over Northern Ireland protocol.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-protocol.html

Let's not forget it was the EU's incredible act of hostility towards the UK in flippantly triggering Article 16 last month and then embarrassingly U turning in retreat that began all of this. In the end it will be just another pointless infringement process in an insignificant court no longer recognised here, thanks to yet another brexit benefit, and launched against the UK that will be ignored. One of over a hundred such ongoing actions that will be treated by the UK the same way.

Do the EU love wasting their citizens money on lawyers? They are a paper tiger, no more no less.

Trump had dozens of legal cases over voter fraud... does that make him right?

What I'm trying to say here, accusations are not the same as facts. The UK is breaking international law. They will either come back on that (which means it's just BJ manipulating his followers, incl Dribbles) or they will suffer consequences through sanctions, or an end to the entire brexit deal.
    Last edited by Veggie50; 2021-03-05 at 04:25 PM.

yes, how terrible of the EU to try and hold the UK to its own agreement, shame on them for telling you off when you violate it... /s

Only someone like Dribbles could try and blame the EU for the UK infringing on its commitments.

I do not consider the Daily Fail a valid source. Nor do I accept the notion that the EU has to sacrifice its external borders nor its integrity to fix the stupid of third countries. The opposite is typically the case, the EU has to protect its integrity and external border BECAUSE OF the stupid of third countries. And in this case we can clearly see why.

So the Americans are worried in regards to the brits not giving a shit about deals they make

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCNewsni...17743210561538

Also the UK-Kenya trade deal is in jeopardy

https://www.cityam.com/uk-kenya-trad...ght-hostile/?1

Lawmaker Cate Waruguru, who is vice-chair of Kenya’s influential agriculture commission, told Nairobi newspaper Daily Nation yesterday that “the mood of the house is very hostile, we don’t trust the UK. We need a number of negotiations to clarify a lot of issues.”
    Pissing on diplomatic deals have consequences. In ignorants like Dribbles eyes, it’s a brexit benefit tho lol

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    So the Americans are worried in regards to the brits not giving a shit about deals they make

Pissing on diplomatic deals have consequences. In ignorants like Dribbles eyes, it’s a brexit benefit tho lol
    Same thing that happened last time Boris did this. Everyone tells the UK its treaties would be worthless and he has to back down.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post

Nations break agreements and deals almost as often as humans break wind. It's really no biggie. The ultimate penalty and consequence for such a transgression is as follows...

The EU can request that the UK is fined if the Government refuses to comply.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/14...rn-ireland-spt

UK answer? Request denied. Nothing, another brexit benefit, the EU can do about it.

Nations break agreements and deals almost as often as humans break wind. It's really no biggie. The ultimate penalty and consequence for such a transgression is as follows...

The EU can request that the UK is fined if the Government refuses to comply.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/14...rn-ireland-spt

UK answer? Request denied. Nothing, another brexit benefit, the EU can do about it.
    You really should read the withdraw agreement. If the UK refuses the EU gets to collect the fine through other measures, like sanctions and tariffs.
    Ofcourse the UK could reply with their own tariffs and then your in a full on trade war. I'd explain to you that its a fight the UK isn't going to win but reason never was your strong suit.

And lol at everyone constantly breaking international agreements. That is why the rest of the world keeps telling the UK there will be serious consequences whenever they threaten it.

PS.
    pretty sure we explained this all to you last time Boris wanted to break the WA.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    Trump had dozens of legal cases over voter fraud... does that make him right?
    You are misunderstanding the very very bad graph.

If we didn't know that lies4eu.org was a good organization and the poster a good faith poster I would say that it was a deliberate effort.

The graph isn't like you think - but like saying that Trump was sued more before he became president than after he left the presidency!
    Last edited by Forogil; 2021-03-06 at 08:14 AM.