Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If the stuff that's left over amounts to a grind or busy-work, then the fun factor is just gone. Which leads to the question on how to make a grind "fun?"

Took a break from wow but I'm here to discuss lore usually.

7+ Year Old Account
    What makes you think i'm not in-game?

One of the benefits of having 2 screens.

Formerly known as Arafal

Because one can have more than 1 hobby.
    One can enjoy playing a game and still enjoy not playing but actually just talking about it at other times. Hell, some can even enjoy playing and yet still constantly vent their frustration about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazlartist View Post
    what does that even mean and how does it relate to the topic? Just curious.
    I totally agree and am curious and puzzled about it. I’m a grown up in real life and play Grim Dawn or Civ when Wow gets dull but I don’t even think about wow when I can’t play or don’t want to play?
    I'm talking about this quote.

Generally when people have a need to tell others how "grown" they are and how childish what they are doing is, its projecting their own problems on to others.

In other words, if you go around saying "i'm so fucking grown, i dont understand why other people are wasting time on childish stuff" its usually the other way around.

It relates to your OP aswell:

"i'm only on this side because i am a grown ass man working(not that hard though, i can still be on here)"

Quote Originally Posted by Matsumotto View Post
    The laptops and the internet suck so much at work (an ONLINE SHOP's depot, if you can believe that) that even trying to browse imgur is impossible, it's like we're on dial-up.
    Hmm.. odd. Its possible you're being throttled via the routers settings. Like networks can be split and limited to specific speeds. I think even specific device's can be limited via their MAC address too. Try to log into it and check the settings. The login and password is written on the modem/router.
    He who angers you conquers you.

I'm on a flight path and reading the forum while I wait to get to my destination.

Because checking a forum on the side while in home office seems to be more acceptable that actually playing a game (even if that is mostly waiting for flight paths right now ).
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Mostly because there's nothing to do in the game. I play Classic and unfortunately the game has little to no content outside of raiding and since the raids are so easy most average guilds have them on farm week 2 so you can realistically only have content to do one night per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Mostly because there's nothing to do in the game. I play Classic and unfortunately the game has little to no content outside of raiding and since the raids are so easy most average guilds have them on farm week 2 so you can realistically only have content to do one night per week.
    I rewatched House MD after 15 years because I love that show, and now I'm terribly disappointed that it ended after 8 seasons in 2012.

Which I knew.

Because I watched it the first time and it ended after 8 seasons. In 2012.

I mean..................................

I'm only here when I'm on the toilet.

MMO-C is my home page, and this thread appeared at the top of the Recent Forum Posts list, garnering my interest. I've just not booted WoW up yet.

People are at work. If there aren't guildies online to play with, there's a million & one other games I'd rather play than WoW.

3+ Year Old Account
    Because all my RP friends are still asleep, and I'm bored so...
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Many of these achievements are tied to fun activities / minigame-type content that you have no idea even exists because you're too lazy to invest 2 minutes into researching it. People like you like to act that everything that isn't the main path of pvp/pve progression is a "nonsense grind", and something that isn't real content. Claiming that doing secondary content is akin to collecting herbs is simply a display of ignorance.

I understand that not everyone enjoys collecting X things, there's a lot of stuff to do, a lot of stuff to collect and lots of activities to partake in. I'm just saying that usually people who whine the most about there not being content do NONE of the things available. I don't demand that everyone suddenly becomes a completionist, but WoW is so rich in various different types of content that everyone cant surely find something for themselves apart from the "mainstream" things.

True. So that basically means that there is stuff to do, it's just the person wasn't interested enough to find out about it, or doesn't like anything in the game except for raids/dungeons and pvp - which honestly I won't buy ever. IMHO if someone claims they don't like anything outside of the main progress, they simply haven't looked for stuff they'd enjoy.
    I can tell you, you are very wrong about this assumption.
    No progress = not interested.
    I need extrinsic motivation, if its not there, I simply do something else that offers it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am on a bus. Can't play at this moment.

Don't have a laptop so can't play while I am taking a shit. Perfect time to participate in a thread like this!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazlartist View Post
    My reason is I’m at work and stand up all day except on breaks! What’s yours?
    MMOC is way more entertaining than retail WoW, as far as I am concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eating and playing WoW doesn't make for a fun time.

Unsubbed since dec 2020. It's already that boring that fast. Done 15+ craps, Done few mythic raid bosses. Guild break apart. Pvp isn't balanced. Holy hell what the fuck is this xpac?
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2021-03-05 at 11:17 PM.