Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Amazing. You are wrong about every point you make.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    In Shadowlands however RBGs is the nr 1 game mode
    What? lol. No, 1000 times no. Any activity that FORCES you to create a group before even playing can not ever be the best.

Every spec is stuck in the Mediocre zone now
    And how many have you tried? As all 4 I play at max level and all the rest I level play just fine...

M+ has gone from the best thing ever created in modern WoW to the worst thing currently in modern wow
    Another one of your baseless hyperboles. No, m+ was never the best thing. Dungeon content stopped being interesting after WotlK when they removed badges and rep tabards. M+ is just icky.

The loot reward systems for PvE and PvP feels completely opposite to what its supposed to be
    Maybe obsess less about loot and just play the game. Who cares what other people get, they play their game. You'd be much happier. I know I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    I'd erase everything back to the end of the Cataclysm and pick a new direction, like Shadowlands. I was not fond of MoP, WoD, Legion, or BfA, and while I was subbed and played each, the last time I really enjoyed myself before Shadowlands was Cata. A fresh world had infinite possibilities.
    So you've been playing for nearly a decade without enjoying yourself?

Why even play then? This is just odd.

Why does all of this matter? Being able to farm things are all reasons to play the game. If everything got a limit there eventually is not any reason to play the game
    Hi, I'm every one of a thousand threads that whined and complained that people felt "forced" to grind for Azerite and Artifact power because they were uncapped and they NEEDED to keep up with the nolifers to get a spot on a M15 carry team.

Warlords and Warlords 2.0 aka Legion was the first shitty expansions since vanilla, that was truly shit on pretty much all levels.
    It was also where they started testing the waters for all the various time sinks and time gating.

The last thing I want is them going back to legion...
    Bring me back to Mist of pandaria... Where the game was still unpruned, rotations were the best they've ever been and the raids were amazing.
    Just sucks people had so much hate against the panda theme....

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    While likely not the case, Shadowlands does keep bringing up that time is passing differently there and the Scourge are still rampaging, we could be in for another "old world update" next expansion. They generally try to bring "the fantasy" back down to earth after having an extravagant expansion theme.
    This does help explain why the Scourge are not stomping through Northrend trying to board boats to capital cities. If we feel like we have been gone for months, but each trip back to Stormwind was mere minutes after we left, this means we could be in the Maw for years and only a handful of hours have passed back in the real world. As for where we go next, my vote is into the core.

There were some great themes and bosses with Molten Core and would love to see Tinkerers for the next class with a hybrid feel for Dwarves, Gnomes, Goblins, and Vulperan since they would make the most sense lorewise. But, it's anyone's guess what happens once there is a new Lich King to stand over the scourge. Speculation from me is we save Anduin, and Uther helps by absorbing his darkness making him the new LK, thus returning Anduin to Stormwind. I hope we get to see Varian and Tiffin again in a sort of James and Lilly Potter moment during Anduin's darkest moment. There is so much great stuff, and so many easter eggs, it is hard to say which way we are going next. I figured for sure Old Gods after N'Zoth, but here we are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    So you've been playing for nearly a decade without enjoying yourself?

Why even play then? This is just odd.
    I pick and choose what I enjoy. During MoP, I took my Druid through the entire story just to gain the Loremaster status and say that I "experienced" the content. Same with each subsequent. But, once I knew I disliked the expac, I did things like old mog runs, achievement hunting, mount farming, pet battling and collecting, and spent time in the mini-games like the half-hill farm and Garrisonville Just because I disliked an expac did not mean I ran in here to piss and moan. I remembered what I really loved about WoW and while everyone else did their current content, I did other things. Then, once the content was outdated and soloable, I simply went back, blasted through it, and got the achieves. I had no desire to raid Seige of Orgrimmar, but when I got bored in BfA, I saw the perfect opportunity to check it out at my own pace. I enjoy World of Warcraft, and when I disagree with a design element, I am not gonne run to the forums and whine about it... instead I skip it and come back later when it is less obtrusive
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    So yeah, I highly doubt they'll just delete BFA and start over a BFA 2.0 that's completely logical and has been done before by a game developer before

OH wait

That's literally the dumbest shit I've ever read in my entire life
    Mortal Kombat 9

10+ Year Old Account
    Get back to vanilla and start over again! Oh wait they just did it with TBC and some changes.

Everything in the past is seen as better than it actually was and everything in the present is seen as worse than it actually is. #WoWLife.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightforged View Post
    Everything in the past is seen as better than it actually was and everything in the present is seen as worse than it actually is. #WoWLife.
    I didn't have to wear a mask a couple of years ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Going back to legion? when Legion started shit was already happening, if we wanted to go back we would need to go back at least, in 5.1 middle mop, and make things slight different with a different final

Quote Originally Posted by sirethas View Post
    Well, personally I enjoyed MoP the most when it comes to playing the class, even tho the homogenization was at really high.
    While I admit that from design side Legion fucked up big time by adding a lot of power to items, but that power worked really well with the base class, meanwhile in BFA they stripped all that item power, let the bare boned classes and added pile of shit on top of that
    Every expansion stripped out previous expansion borrowed power, you always felt weaker. Not BfA exclusive thing. Not to mention they had to fix the "lets put a third of your class into item" design philosophy so expecting any different outcome was wishful thinking.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

They did fix Legion apart from classes which they slaughtered and still trying to plaster over the cracks even in SL. Because of what that did to classes in Legion they completely destroyed the game play. Content wise it was A class but no better than WoD as a whole, because WoD had great classes and no content, Legion great content and awful classes. That makes them equally bad IMO.

I never forget hiw they butchered MM and obliterated Disc.

Keyboard Turner christinmccutie1212's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    i am thinking about getting back into wow is it worth it?

They should go even further back to MOP and start over. Prior to mythic raids and m+ the game was actually fun.

Nah go back to the end of WotLK and start over
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I kinda agree. Legion was a big yes for me. All the new stuff was fun and it made me return to WoW after almost 5 year hiatus. Now then I was subbed all that time but it was limited to like 4-6 hrs a week, during which I managed to heroic/mythic raid and cap PvP off. With Legion around I found myself playing at least that much a day - m+ was a blast, and since I already had a bunch of alts it was even better. BFA I straight up skipped a year and am very proud I did, since pre-season 4 (aka corruptions) your time investment was basicly nullified, unless you're a die-hard WoW addict. Shadowlands followed BFA pattern, with minor deviations, too few of which affected the game in a positive way. If I return to Shadowlands in March 2022 I'd find myself missing only ~2 Curves/Edges and similar amount of Glads. With catch-up provided it'll be pretty easy to gain even footing with all the other players around.

15+ Year Old Account
    If blizz should go back, they should go back to mid-MoP, and change the last patch completely, no war for orggrimar but something differently so that blizz can avoid wod from ever happening and no alternative timelines exist.

However, blizz will never do this, so this will be a thought experiment at best.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Hmf...go back to the storyline of WoD and start over...and all that followed.
    Yeah, hell they could even redo some parts of Cataclysm. I am alliance. but it was bad to see how weak thrall was.

And MoP. while it was great. Felt the war was to much "without reason" . While i did like some things around Garrosh/Varian story. Some felt very pushed. They could have added somethings.

Like example: make sylvannas make a false si7 attack on garrosh. to start the war etc.

- - - Updated - - -

snip
    Euuuh Legion? I think your problem is not with the story, but with the system. So BFA, Legion, WoD etc all does not matter.
    More is the systems that are broken not fun for you.
    But like with flying, everyone has a different opinion. Some like the tuning, some do not.

For me: Dungeon and proffesion gear should/could matter longer as it does now. And legendary limit removed.....no thank you. Legendary's should go back to the old style. Not a legendary for everyone. Just a quest/stuff for specific class/specs etc.

as for the talents. Yeah i knida feel some specs are stuck in the bleh zone. They are missing something fresh about them. Talents ( more) or old style glyphs. ( not % increase ones) but ones that change spells around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    This does help explain why the Scourge are not stomping through Northrend trying to board boats to capital cities. If we feel like we have been gone for months, but each trip back to Stormwind was mere minutes after we left, this means we could be in the Maw for years and only a handful of hours have passed back in the real world.
    See, I was thinking the opposite. A minute in the Shadowlands is a month on Azeroth. We will come back from the afterlife to an Azeroth that has not had it's champions to fix all its problems for years on end.

As for where we go next, my vote is into the core. There were some great themes and bosses with Molten Core and would love to see Tinkerers for the next class with a hybrid feel for Dwarves, Gnomes, Goblins, and Vulperan since they would make the most sense lorewise. But, it's anyone's guess what happens once there is a new Lich King to stand over the scourge. Speculation from me is we save Anduin, and Uther helps by absorbing his darkness making him the new LK, thus returning Anduin to Stormwind. I hope we get to see Varian and Tiffin again in a sort of James and Lilly Potter moment during Anduin's darkest moment. There is so much great stuff, and so many easter eggs, it is hard to say which way we are going next. I figured for sure Old Gods after N'Zoth, but here we are.
    Into the core? Like underground? That would be cool. I thought it would be neat if we got rid of the sword in Silithus, leaving a huge cavernous hole in the ground leading to places we didn't know were there. I'd love to see Blizz's take on the cave-dwelling Falmer from Elder Scrolls, and the return of the Nerubians.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so tired of hearing about how "amazing" Legion was. It's as if people only played the last month of the expansion, and skipped all of the monotonous, tedious, RNG-filled nonsense grinds in 7.0-7.2. Legion became a good expansion eventually, but most of its lifespan it was absolute dogshit with no redeeming qualities systems-wise.