Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which board games do you play

I started playing with my kids (6 and 5) Karak. Awesome game! Reminds me a bit Diablo! :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    I started playing with my kids (6 and 5) Karak. Awesome game! Reminds me a bit Diablo! :-)
    I'm a big fan of Munchkin.

Others that I love: Coup, Escape the Dark Castle, Catan, Gloom.

Though really, only 1 of those I listed is a "Board Game". Most are card based games.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do love deception games like Coup, Werewolf, Resistance etc but I also like other games like Betrayal at House on the Hill, Root, Vast, Catan, and a bunch of others. A really fun one I played was Captain Sonar. It's like a 8 player real-time Battleship game.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I'm a big fan of Munchkin.

Others that I love: Coup, Escape the Dark Castle, Catan, Gloom.

Though really, only 1 of those I listed is a "Board Game". Most are card based games.
    Munchkin - great game.

I think all non-video games are generally classified as board games. Card games to me denote things like poker, blackjack. I totally hear what you're saying though, as so many excellent games out there are all card-based.

One of my favorite board games is Caverna. Big heavy beast, lots of pieces, great strategy game.

This was my top 9 I made a while ago but I would also add Terraforming Mars which I started playing just before the pandemic hit and was so sad we had to stop

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    This was my top 9 I made a while ago but I would also add Terraforming Mars which I started playing just before the pandemic hit and was so sad we had to stop

Hero Quest is my JAM!
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Chess sucks if you only have a handful of people to play with. If they're better than you... well, then they'll almost always win, and you don't really get better. Checkers is more simplistic, but newbs have a better chance of winning.

I hate Monopoly. Takes an hour to set up the board, and then it takes 3-4 hours to finish it, and the game easily snowballs so about 2 hours in its pretty clear who is going to win, but it's going to take at least another 1-2 hours for that person to do so, so people lose interest and walk away.

I had the opportunity to play Settlers of Catan a couple years ago. I thought it was fine.

I liked the railroad building board game (EDIT: it's called "Ticket to Ride"); the one where you can pick how many cards/win conditions to draw, and you try connecting tracks to your destinations, while also trying to block other players from connecting their tracks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Betrayal at House on the Hill
    Also had a chance to play this once a couple years ago. I thought it was pretty boring.

- - - Updated - - -

My grandfather had a fancy Chinese Marble Chess board. I always wanted to try that one out, but AFAIK no one in the family knew how to play.

Camel Up is ridiculous fun. its silly and kinda reminds me of mario cart with how easy it is to suddenly not only lose your lead, but end up on the very bottom. (literally)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Also had a chance to play this once a couple years ago. I thought it was pretty boring.
    I like the randomization and stuff. Each play through is different.

Any suggestions for 6y old kids? We also play Catan Jr., Carcassone Jr.

5+ Year Old Account

A game where you flip dots. And whoever has the most colored dots wins!

Mine at the moment would be Catan, Arkham Horror and Eldritch Horror. Will have to take a peek at those top 9.

7+ Year Old Account
    Talisman
    Carcassonne
    Saboteur/Miner

and some minor fast games like dobble

I really like to play with friends in UNO and Monopoly

10+ Year Old Account
    Ratrace was fun to play as a kid. The Stock Exchange square needed a nerf though.

My goto board game is unstable unicorns which is a strategic card game.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post

Played the digital version of Terraforming Mars with a friend recently. And i still own a copy of Hero Quest and all Expansions.

Just recently bought Scythe and like it a lot. Waiting for Frosthaven.

I like Escape the Dark Castle and Catan. I tried many but they became boring for me after we played them one-two times

Memoir 44, Dune , Risk and Axis and Allies most of the times but it depends on what the group i play with wants to play. I like many kind of board games

15+ Year Old Account
    I play mostly advanced board games. Which I both love and hate. Hate because the rules are advanced and the setup can be very long.
    I think the lightest one is Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition.

Nemesis and Kingdom Death: Monster hit the table a lot.
    Also, just got Zombicide 2nd Edition. Can't wait to try it out.