Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Oh, it's the 0/1 one. I actually never tried completing that in a dungeon. I always do the world quest instead. By the way you worded it (needing 2 dungeons), I thought you had the % based one
    oh, my bad. guess it was late and I was tired and somewhat frustrated. and.... its that calling again, but for Rivendeath instead. I really do not like that world quest :/ because its Rivendeath and navigating it is beyond tedious.

any Rivendeath based dungeons I should avoid, or do they have no BiS legendaries in them and therefore could actualy be run all the way through without selfish assholes insisting that people that want to finish the dungeons they queued up for are the selfish ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Its asinine to expect someone to run an entire dungeon when their only goal is to farm an item that drops off the first. Literally a waste of their time.

Hence blizzard screwed up, its 100% on blizzard. If you don't design for player behavior full well knowing how they'll behave then its entirely on the developer. They easily could've fixed this by now as well and chose not to.
    Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD do something. Stop defending the actions of shitty players by blaming it all on Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I really don't think Blizzard supports people leaving after the first boss. Stop trying to support toxic mindsets that are destroying the community.
    Auto filling the group after someone leaves kinda does mean Blizzard supports this. And again, you're even put in front of everyone else not already in started runs.

Everyone has their own goals, if you want 5 players with the same you'll have to setup the group yourself instead of automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    you see nothing wrong with people queueing up for a dungeon, only to leave after first boss? really? NOT using a premade group, no, going into a random groupfinder with NO prior discussion, only to waste time of the other 2 dps and to some degree healer who went in to FINISH the place? really? nothing wrong?

damn....
    When did it become acceptable to be a selfish jerk? Stuff like this used to be a problem and now I see a lot of people defending this kind of antisocial behavior. (Not just in WoW, either. IRL)

it is when you keep getting the same tank and dps EVEN AFTER ADDING THEM TO your IGNORE LIST.

and then you sit there with the 2 dps after those douches leave, waiting. and waiting. and waiting. meanwhile, dps queues are NOT instant and those two dps when they have to redo their queue? are going to be waiting a lot longer.

last but not least. IT IS STILL NOT JUSTIFIABLE BEHAVIOR. it is STILL A SHIT MOVE on their part.
    You can always port out of the dungeon and go do other things while waiting for the group to fill.

Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD do something. Stop defending the actions of shitty players by blaming it all on Blizzard.
    Right, just because you *can* waste your time running an entire dungeon for no benefit doesn't mean you should.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Right, just because you *can* waste your time running an entire dungeon for no benefit doesn't mean you should.
    If you don't want to run the whole dungeon, don't use matchmaking. Period.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Auto filling the group after someone leaves kinda does mean Blizzard supports this. And again, you're even put in front of everyone else not already in started runs.

Everyone has their own goals, if you want 5 players with the same you'll have to setup the group yourself instead of automatic.
    No. If you want to be a jerk and leave a group after the first boss, you deserve a leaver debuff. You want to only farm the first boss? Make a premade group. Don't waste people's time in matchmaking.

People were doing that stuff at the beggining of the xpac too. Farming leggys, conduits and trinkets. Extremely annoying. Especially cause these people enlist the help of a tank friend and send the rest of the group into a long queue when he leaves. There is no chance for there to be enough replacements. Really disgusting behaviour.

It's comments like these that show how the WoW community has become toxic. Joining a random group through matchmaking then leaving after the first boss then having the nerve to ask the healer to carry you when they're not even on your server is just a trash move.
    Shows you just how low the bar is because of what people are willing to accept as acceptable behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    Shows you just how low the bar is because of what people are willing to accept as acceptable behaviour.
    Honestly? the people defending it are likely the same people that will leave after the first boss because their legendary didn't drop so they come to these threads to defend it so they don't have admit their behavior is toxic.

If you don't want to run the whole dungeon, don't use matchmaking. Period.
    OR, do exactly what people are doing, because that's what blizzard designed.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    I think, over the last two or three expansions, it has become clear, at least to me, the demise of the WoW I once knew and loved can be summed up in a phrase:

Everything is about speed.

It wasn't so clear in Legion, but you could see the seeds of it. BFA, it was a buzz on the edge of conciousness that something wasn't right, but, this time, in Shadowlands, it was pretty clear what had happened.

Now, every tryhard in the game is pushing to do everything faster, and get quicker to wherever they're going, and to hell with anyone who might slow them down in any way, shape, or form, and to hell with any kind of consideration for other people lthey're playing with. That might slow them down by thirty seconds, and that would be a tragedy! Some other tryhard might get there before they do! Other people? They're there just to fill dungeons for the tryhards. They're just worthless casuals anyway, don't feel bad about taking advantage of them!

That pretty much sums up the problem the OP is having, and why I have left. (I'm on this forum nosing around while I'm having a snack, then I'm going to go play that other MMO; i.e. NotWoW.)
    I've stayed out of Mythics for this exact reason. Fuck the "Gogogo!" playstyle. It's as bad as Zerg rushing or Aggro builds.

When did patience stop being a virtue?
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

OR, do exactly what people are doing, because that's what blizzard designed.
    I highly HIGHLY doubt Blizzard designed it for people to be shitlords.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I fully understand the feeling because often it feels like playing with bots. When you do keys it’s even worse because of the timer. But if you search coordination and cooperation without the stress of the timer, you should move to M0. Until you vastly overgear them they provide a decent challenge and mechanics, both on mobs and bosses can’t be THAT ignored anymore.

Thing is that normal/heroic dungeons are so easy that groups don’t really need to coordinate or cooperate that much. You just press buttons and things die. Mobs are made of paper and also their abilities hit far less heavily than even M0. Bosses are almost always only bigger mobs with unique skin, more hps and unique abilities. Many of their abilities won’t even trigger in heroic and the few that trigger do, again, far less damage than in the M+ environment. Of course people will die if they stay ages “into bad pools”, but you have plenty of time to notice you have to move, one shot mechanics do not exist.

Maybe things derailed in the last months but when I ran heroics in December they felt so easy that I moved to M0 after having done no more than every dungeon two times. I also run them sometimes nowadays to chill for the dungeon weekly quests. Of course now I vastly overgear them and healing is so easy that I mostly dps instead of healing but groups seem somewhat decent anyways (most of them are alts so they know the stuff).

Of course running those with a fixed group of friends that include a tank and share your way of playing would be far better but I know it’s not always possible.
    well.... I queued up for heroic instead of normal for my calling this time. (it was the strong enemies one again, but for Rivendeath this time) umm. UMM. I guess at least the tank could actualy take the damage that half the dungeon he would pull at a time dished out :/ I was about to type that it went so fast I didn't have time to get a headache... and then... there it is. the headache. yeah, I think I'm going to avoid WoW dungeons entirely from now on.

Shit i Forgot about the contract they make you sign upon logging in that commits you to completing every activity regardless of your time/needs/wants.

I feel like a dick now leaving after bosses in LFR cause i only needed loot from the 1st boss.
    Or leaving a Random Battleground when it was the one i didnt want.
    Or leaving after a boss in LFG cause I only needed the legendary.

oh wait... it AUTO REFILLS!

This is random content, with randoms, at random times, for random goals. No one is commited to anything and the system is designed for everyone/anyone to come in and do what they want and leave. Since it autofills, someone leaving is not a major pain in the ass, its one of the least painful problems to fix.

Its not like your complaining about organised content like Rated PvP, Raids and Mythics... your complaining about the one thing that people dont expect to be harrassed about leaving.

Whats next... a thread complaining about people leaving World Quest groups because they finished when you still had a few kills left? Or complaining because someone in a raid is saved to the next boss and doesnt want to stay?

With that said, them messaging you to heal was pretty funny. Nothing in it for you I assume, unless you were a class that has a drop on the boss. Either way... its not outragious... its litteraly the most efficient ways to farm the legendaries.
    Last edited by Squigglyo; 2021-03-06 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    With that said, them messaging you to heal was pretty funny. Nothing in it for you I assume, unless you were a class that has a drop on the boss. Either way... its not outragious... its litteraly the most efficient ways to farm the legendaries.
    Actually the most efficient way would be forming up a group yourself and spamming the boss rather than taking over the lfg groups. At least the way I see the OP describing it seemed like a group jumped into LFG and wasn't actually trying to complete the dungeon that they (other randoms) were queuing up to complete. So if the other people are thus coerced to bail and eat the deserter debuff it's kind of retarded.

No. If you want to be a jerk and leave a group after the first boss, you deserve a leaver debuff. You want to only farm the first boss? Make a premade group. Don't waste people's time in matchmaking.
    Nobody is a jerk when all they do is designed and supported by Blizzard.

It was Blizzard who put a legendary memory on first boss, not the player. It was Blizzard who provided an automatic tool for the player to kill the boss they want. It was Blizzard who made a deserter debuff for leaving before the first boss but no debuff when leaving afterwards. It was Blizzard who automatically refills a group when the player left.

Take it up with Blizzard for creating incentive to leave after first boss, not the player wanting to get it.

This is a result of poor design more than anything. I mean, it is kind of rude, don't get me wrong, but a lot more ire needs to be directed at Blizzard for these sort of things. They design shit entirely oblivious to how awful their community is and do fuck all about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    you see nothing wrong with people queueing up for a dungeon, only to leave after first boss? really? NOT using a premade group, no, going into a random groupfinder with NO prior discussion, only to waste time of the other 2 dps and to some degree healer who went in to FINISH the place? really? nothing wrong?

damn....
    No, there's nothing wrong with people wanting to focus on something specific in a dungeon and then leaving after what they want to do is complete. If you want that kind of commitment, you need to form your own groups. The purpose of LFG is to have access to quick, non-committal groups, but that comes with different people with different goals, which will sometimes clash. In your circumstance it is a little rude that they then asked for you to help them afterwards (i.e.: leaving and then trying to impose on you), but that's not a huge problem. You are still fully capable of re-queuing and finishing the dungeon; however, I think this is why people should be in favour of legendary recipes and important items only being dropped by final bosses.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Those people did absolutely nothing wrong. It's 100% Blizzards fault and in this instance the phrase 'dont hate the player, hate the game' is 100% valid.