Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does WoW need a Repel item?

It would be especially useful for gatherers. What price/mats would be fair for that convenience?

15+ Year Old Account
    You mean like from Pokémon? I doubt they'd make something like that.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    They could easily make mount equipment that reduces the range at which you aggro enemies.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Use mount equipment to prevent being dazed, use the Sky Golem mount to gather [herbs].

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Use mount equipment to prevent being dazed, use the Sky Golem mount to gather [herbs].
    Throw this one the ball. He has already hit the game winning shot.

I'd love it they add mount equipment that'd allow picking herbs from different mounts. I'm recently on verge of throwing up when I have to go herbing again (after few expansions Sky Golem is "a bit" boring).

They consider slowing you down as a important part of the game. It is why they fight off putting in flying for as along as possible and why dailies get more and more demanding for requirements.

They crave that engagement metric. I admit its pointless for world mobs to force me into content. 20,30, likely even 40 pose no real threat to my character but they insist on attacking me one or two at a time it gets a bit old.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Guardian druid farming toon has entered the chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Rick View Post
    They consider slowing you down as a important part of the game. It is why they fight off putting in flying for as along as possible and why dailies get more and more demanding for requirements.

They crave that engagement metric. I admit its pointless for world mobs to force me into content. 20,30, likely even 40 pose no real threat to my character but they insist on attacking me one or two at a time it gets a bit old.
    Weird how Vanish, Invis, and Feign have been in the game forever, if so. Seems to have been enough of an annoyance to implement abilities in at least a third of the classes at launch to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Weird how Vanish, Invis, and Feign have been in the game forever, if so. Seems to have been enough of an annoyance to implement abilities in at least a third of the classes at launch to deal with it.
    I don't know if you mean this as a weird rebuttal without understand what is being talked about or what... what does dropping contact via cds have to do with it being annoying nuisance enemies attack and dismount you?

15+ Year Old Account
    I still remember how mobs were usually NOT placed too close to roads in the first few expansions just to annoy you. Even the travel timesink master vanilla wow respected players enough to let them ride their mounts uninterrupted on most roads.

Mobs constantly having to aggro you is a fairly new concept, so are hills and other shit you absoultely NEED to go around/wait for constantly, because your playtime must be wasted at all costs now.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, WoW does not need a repel item. If you wish to gather, you should clear the area before. There is no race for the nodes anymore on progression servers. As well, you have items to ease your farming if needed.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Not sure what repel is, but I would love an item that reduces aggro radius when mounted.

I would use it on characters without vanish/feign. On hunter/rogue I'd stick with anti-daze.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Nah, it's a foul. Sky Golem doesn't benefit from Mount Equipment!

Quote Originally Posted by yuze View Post
    It would be especially useful for gatherers. What price/mats would be fair for that convenience?
    Hell not. wanted to caps lock it. But i do not think that would be smart.

BUT hell no!!!!!

Just to make it clear:

Nope
    nee
    nein
    ne
    non
    no

Why, in my eyes some severs ( the one i am connected to) have a lot of multiboxxer, bots ( single bots) and multibox botters ( bots in group accounts like normal multiboxxers). This will only make it more easy and ruin the ruined market even more.

Its only usefull for gatherers the rest run around the stuff. And price does not matter. Because how expensive they make it. everyone will get it. or only the people like those annoying multiboxxers can get them. And they can even get more mats. SO nope nope nope.

And on top of that. There is enough mats to get. have enough mats on most of my alts and main. Only expensive stuff is a bit harder. So for normal use it is a non problem. And if you are talking farms. most of them use night elf druids for a reason. travel form + cloak. Even have a mass root etc....so....

* disclaimer. I do not dislike 2 or around those number of multi boxxers. But ones who have way more alts running with them and are clearly using input software etc and mine out a whole ore/herb note in go i do dislike.... a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Mount equipment doesnt work on sky golem.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    [...]Even the travel timesink master vanilla wow respected players enough to let them ride their mounts uninterrupted on most roads.[...]
    i remember there even was a loading screen tip referring to safe roads

I still remember how mobs were usually NOT placed too close to roads in the first few expansions just to annoy you. Even the travel timesink master vanilla wow respected players enough to let them ride their mounts uninterrupted on most roads.

Mobs constantly having to aggro you is a fairly new concept, so are hills and other shit you absoultely NEED to go around/wait for constantly, because your playtime must be wasted at all costs now.
    Roads are still usually clear of mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Guardian druid farming toon has entered the chat.
    Correction Tauren Guardian Druid, for the 0.5 second herb pick, no daze win win.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

people really like to pretend that classic wow zones were nothing more than westfall and the barrens