Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    They design content that takes longer on purpose, so they said. Not every piece of content should be consumed only in the patch it is curent in. Things like Argent Tournament and Timeless Isles were designed as such. The point is not to stop and yell you have nothing to do, always having something left. Not sure why you think an MMO should have all content become worthless the second a new patch hits...
    Mechagon launched June 2019.

Shadowlands came out November 2020.

There is nothing in this game that should take that long to complete and still be considered good game design.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think there's been a better zone for social content than timeless isle, there were rewards to grind for, rares to farm, a world boss and pvp was very much encouraged, also the layout was very simple wich made traversing the zone mostly a hassle free ordeal

I really really liked it for first moth. In combination with Nazjatar it made a really nice patch for outdoor zones.

7+ Year Old Account
    I always tried to spend as little time as possible in there
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I don't know what you are on about.

Fuck Mechagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

5+ Year Old Account
    Mechagon should be a new city for Mechagnomes as the new main Alliance city, because the Darnassus is lost and poor night elves are homeless in Stormwind and something needs to be done about it.

Didn't like it much when it came out, but it grew on me later /w flying.

Very little required groups, and I don't recall anyone ever socializing there anyway.

But it had good content.

Fuck Mechagon lol.
    Social content? I really don't think so. Queueing up for random players just because it pays of (sometimes) to be in the same group without having to interact with each other whatsoever is everythin, but not social.

Didn't care for it nor Nazj. First extended break I've taken from the game since I started.

Isle of Thunder, Timeless Isle and even 5.3 in the Northern Barrens felt much better from a social AND gameplay aspect.

I don't know about "perfect" but yes, sure, the design of the island encouraged communication and that was a good thing.

Doesn't mean I loved it, just that aspect was positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalheim View Post
    It's basically Timeless Isle 2.0, so yeah - I think so.

Never did Timeless Isle nor Mechagon Island much myself.
    agree, however for some reason, i spent endless hours on timeless isle, and yet next to none @ mecha

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I notice that Mechagon Island is still packed with players. People chatting in general all the time and trying to help each other complete the meta. Lots of social activity all over the place. Everyone in general chat on the island is overwhelmingly positive about the place and say it feels like the way WoW used to feel like with almost a community appeal. Its not so much about the meta but the way it encourages people to interact that people like.

What do you think?
    It was a fun daily quest zone. Lots to do, still mounts to collect . And many more things.

If you ask me it was a great improvement on molton front type stuff, or that assault stuff in MoP.

Think the maw is a step down from it.

I don't remember anyone ever being social there, just another boring ass grind that they forced upon you in order to get flying.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Wow. We actually get one of those once in a blue moon positive Kokolums post and you rain on the parade so hard the floats are living up to their names in an unexpected way. You must be fun at parties.
    That's not really how the internet works.

If people agree with something, they almost never respond. If they disagree, they are much more likely to respond. So if a forum is not properly moderated, you get a slew of negative posts on every single topic until the forum is toxic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Your bar for perfect is obscenely low.

No, it wasn't, nor it is.
    Its my experience actually being in the zone that everyone loves it there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Mechagon launched June 2019.

Shadowlands came out November 2020.

There is nothing in this game that should take that long to complete and still be considered good game design.
    I don't think that is true at all. Content doesn't need to have an expiration date at a set time.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    As a completionist mechagon is the worst. Love the aesthetics and what they accomplished with all the scrapbuildsystems but sometimes the achievements and rng-crap tied to it all is just so out of touch with reality it hurts.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    If you enjoyed running in circles waiting for a rare with the only "chatting" in general is people either A.) calling out rare spawns or B.) warning of opposite faction ganking (if you play in Warmode), all the while grinding redundant daily content, like collect this and kill that, in order to get flying... no I don't think it was the perfect anything content.

Also I like to know what you consider "overwhelmingly positive" in terms of social interaction in the general chat. "What WoW used to be"? That makes no sense. This isn't a Steam game review, after all, so using phrases like "overwhelmingly positivte" and using what you have listed as the perfect social environment is.... a stretch.

But the dungeon was dope.
    compared to the other mega dungeon the kara revamp the dungeon was awfully designed and overly easy

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    The only reason people are still going there is because half of an expansion wasn't enough to finish the meta and various achievements. Sounds like poor design as opposed to good.
    This made me think of the design of the covenant cosmetics and features as well, with the current anima income paced as a likely "intentionally evergreen" slog. You can't say it won't always be "relevant" to some degree, being cosmetic and heavily time gated, but whether that's "good" is certainly subjective.

They arguably never have to increase the anima income beyond "you can fly now," because it's all cosmetic... but again, that's not necessarily a good thing that these goals can take years beyond the expansion depending on how thorough one is.

The moment I hit Revered, which was required for flying, I stopped going to Mechagon and never did another quest or rare. Not counting going to the dungeon entrance.
    I gave and followed some calls about rare spawns while grinding the rep. That's about how social Mechagon was for me.

Mechagon was single most enjoyable zone wow ever had. Nothing can come even remotely close. Timeless isle look like cheap bootleg compared to mechagon.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I notice that Mechagon Island is still packed with players. People chatting in general all the time and trying to help each other complete the meta. Lots of social activity all over the place. Everyone in general chat on the island is overwhelmingly positive about the place and say it feels like the way WoW used to feel like with almost a community appeal. Its not so much about the meta but the way it encourages people to interact that people like.

What do you think?
    Mecha, was a hell hole, on par with Timeless Isle, Tanaan Jungle and Thunder Island..

There was nothing positive to say about it.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/