Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Mechagon launched June 2019.

Shadowlands came out November 2020.

There is nothing in this game that should take that long to complete and still be considered good game design.
    As long as it's fun, that's what matters. Obviously the nightmare scenario where it isn't wouldn't be good, but when it is fun it's evergreen - and that's valuable.

Its one of my favourite!

I think it was pretty fun. Honestly it felt similar to the days of Isle of Thunder or Timeless Isle - you were doing your daily stuff while also keeping an eye out for rares you were hoping to kill.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    It was awful.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

For me, Mechagon island was the worst thing ever added to this game. Everything about it, from the dailies to the achievements was the absolute antithesis of everything I enjoy in this game. I actively and intentionally ignored it for the majority of BfA. Despite having 6 toons at max item level, I didn't bother doing the dailies/getting the Essences until about a month before the SL prepatch hit (and I only did it because the rep bonus was active). I had every achievement needed for flying minus Mechagon rep and I didn't get it for over a year because of my distaste. I genuinely hope they never add content like it again in the future. It's boring AF.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-03-07 at 01:14 PM.

Yeah, I enjoy it, always have. The ambience appeals to me (especially given the weird ass, claustrophobic SL zone design). Sometimes you don't need a reason for hanging out in a zone, no goals, other than you just like being there. Sit back and enjoy the music, soak in the view.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalheim View Post
    It's basically Timeless Isle 2.0, so yeah - I think so.

Never did Timeless Isle nor Mechagon Island much myself.
    Don't compare mechagon with Timeless Isle, Timeless isle was the best the created compared to any "Re-do" version
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Don't compare mechagon with Timeless Isle, Timeless isle was the best the created compared to any "Re-do" version
    okay but mechagon was better.

Timeless isle had nothing but 2 world bosses. Everything else was highkey pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I didn't care for any of them - they're both boring.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

No, but I personally loved the "upside-down" mechagon, where everything was burning. Now that was sweet.

I did not like it all all. Mostly due to the whole zone being small and everything looked the same; but I felt like I spent all my time waiting for spawns.

Never been a fan of Timeless Isle, Mechagon was even worse.
    Quite frankly, not a huge fan of those "sandbox" zones in WoW, everything just feels randomnly strewn across the place without any connection to eachother.

The whole social aspect falls through for me because of CRZ, you just hop from shard to shard until you get one where the thing you want is up.

The only good feeling i got out of Mechagon was when i was done with it and able to ignore the place.

Timeless isle was boring as hell after 2 weeks. My theory is people who loved it were there for the PvP, although I'm sure a dozen responses will pop up to the contrary.

Thanks to Mechagon and Nazjatar reps ill never be able to fly in BFA content. Therefore, I'll never level another character in those zones. Ill never go back to those zones to do that stupid grind. Thanks Blizzard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Thanks to Mechagon and Nazjatar reps ill never be able to fly in BFA content. Therefore, I'll never level another character in those zones. Ill never go back to those zones to do that stupid grind. Thanks Blizzard!

You don't need flying in Nazjatar, at least. All you need is super jump!

Deepcoral Pod

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    We pretending people level in content other then WoD unless its a new account?

Mechagon gave us Mechagnomes and is therefore the best content in the game. How could even be up for debate?

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Mechagon gave us Mechagnomes and is therefore the best content in the game. How could even be up for debate?
    Ah yes, the fodder for diaper/amputation fetishists. How wholesome.

As for the OP, I cant help but notice certain dichotomy between his opinion on how social games should be and his posts in politics section.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2021-03-08 at 08:02 AM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Far from perfect, I'd still refer to Timeless Isles for the current "best" version of this type of content. That said, Mechagon was pretty darn solid.

Nazjatar is #2 on my list of least fun things I've ever done in WoW second only to the vanilla honor grind and just above Endless Halls (for Lucid Nightmare). Once I got revered I vowed I'd never go back, though I still do the emissaries but only the puzzle WQs because F that place.

Mechagon comparatively was a LOT better and already leagues ahead due to the anti-gravity packs. My gripes are the gross amount of crap you have to hold onto that's decimated my inventory space and the ridiculousness of the meta achievement though, to be fair, the meta for Nazjatar isn't any better and arguably worse because that place sucks so much.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson