Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    has any rogues figured out the meta gameplay for shadowlands?
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Naiattavain View Post
    has any rogues figured out the meta gameplay for shadowlands?
    Absolutely. Pay Blizzard money, spend every waking moment increasing your ilvl.

very unpopular indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

very unpopular. indeed.
    Last edited by Naiattavain; 2021-03-14 at 05:37 AM. Reason: edit
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

so today i saw another high level subtlety rogue from another server but idk which one he was from. don't see any sub rogues doing anything in particular.

so today i saw another high level subtlety rogue from another server but idk which one he was from.
    If you don't even know which server then how do you know they were a he?

sub is going to be the best spec yet again to play for rogue.

sub is going to be the best spec yet again to play for rogue.
    PvE or PvP?
    because PvE-wise, Assa is already stronger and the second raid tier hasn't even started.
    according to warcraftlogs, assa is already among the top melee dps for single target fights in CN in 9.0.5.
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

im seeing stuff with sub that make it really powerful end game. they both work its just your means to an end i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    I reported that bug with crimson tempest right with the start of sl, because when I was pushing in bfa there were no bugs. They needed more than 3 months to address it. Rogue is left alone to die on sideway

- - - Updated - - -

For m+ assa is still very sad

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    For m+ assa is still very sad
    It's not THAT bad, but Outlaw is just more functional overall and easier to deal with - no need to multidot, just press Blade Flurry and go wild. Also many many players are just used to play outlaw on M+, and swapping now isn't really something most people do. In raid it's another story, since the fights are static and people got the grasp of them already.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    It's not THAT bad, but Outlaw is just more functional overall
    yes def. outlaw is an easy to play specc, but i was talking about assasination, which is clearly in no state like it was before. This bad sin tuning is only because they want to promote their rogue class in d4.

Playing my restoration shaman with ilvl155 has more impact than my 211 rogue. Chainlightening alone deals more damage than finishing with envenom.

I can only say this again. Rogue needs higher substat ratio, especially when they nerfed sub stats twice but gave no comparison at all for it.
    On top of this we lack a whole 4. Garrote damage (azerite skills), essence damage proccs not counted!!!

When you now (SL) multidot with garrote you only get to dot 3 targets and not 4 amped like it should be. Crimsontempest was buggy for 3 months not giving us haste (through alacrity). Now you can replay the whole clownfiesta to only get the other conv that is slightly better? No way

- - - Updated - - -

i am playing sub atm, i like it, but i really miss the impact i had as assa

- - - Updated - - -

(sorry i tried to be as positive as i could <3)

- - - Updated - - -

And btw the next major huge bug is: Subterfuge is nott proccing off amped garrote after Sepsis ran out.
    I mean how can they not adress this until now? This whole specc is based on it...

yes def. outlaw is an easy to play specc, but i was talking about assasination, which is clearly in no state like it was before. This bad sin tuning is only because they want to promote their rogue class in d4.
    What? Your theory is that they're making Assassination rogues bad to somehow make people want to move to Diablo 4 if they want to play Rogues? Even if that was true, which is ludicrous, D4 is years away.
    Playing my restoration shaman with ilvl155 has more impact than my 211 rogue. Chainlightening alone deals more damage than finishing with envenom.
    You're doing something wrong then.
    When you now (SL) multidot with garrote you only get to dot 3 targets and not 4 amped like it should be.
    It was only ever 3 buffed garrotes and 1 normal garrote.
    And btw the next major huge bug is: Subterfuge is nott proccing off amped garrote after Sepsis ran out.
    I mean how can they not adress this until now? This whole specc is based on it...
    It's not supposed to proc Nightstalker/Subterfuge, those require true stealth.

This one is truly a rogue memory.

I think it was in cata, I took my alliance rogue to orgrimmar. I looked for pvp tagged hordies in stealth. Then I would burst them down in moments and disapear. Orgrimmar started to look like a disturbed ant nest. Eventually some alliance rogue whispered to me and wanted to join me. I told this person where I was. Then I got wrekt and camped by the hordies soon after.

A hordie logged onto a alliance alt and made me reveal myself...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    What? Your theory is that they're making Assassination rogues bad to somehow make people want to move to Diablo 4 if they want to play Rogues? Even if that was true, which is ludicrous, D4 is years away.

You're doing something wrong then.

It was only ever 3 buffed garrotes and 1 normal garrote.

It's not supposed to proc Nightstalker/Subterfuge, those require true stealth.
    no it was 4 amped and what is "true stealth" for you? sorry but Stealth or no stealth i never heared of your term "true stealth" this is a plain bug
    and d4 is not so far away
    Last edited by froschhure; 2021-03-18 at 05:02 PM.

Ganking lowbies in Hellfire Peninsula.

no it was 4 amped and what is "true stealth" for you? sorry but Stealth or no stealth i never heared of your term "true stealth" this is a plain bug
    True stealth, gaining actual stealth buff. Being granted the ability to use a stealth ability does not confer actual stealth, or do you expect Blindside proc'd Ambushes to be buffed by the Nightstalker talent? It's the reason why the stealth tier talents specifically enhances Shadowdance as Subtlety, because those bonuses would otherwise not work because Shadowdance is not actual stealth.
    and d4 is not so far away
    There was 4 years between the announcement of D3 and its release. I'd say it's at least two years away, or more because of Covid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    True stealth, gaining actual stealth buff. Being granted the ability to use a stealth ability does not confer actual stealth, or do you expect Blindside proc'd Ambushes to be buffed by the Nightstalker talent? It's the reason why the stealth tier talents specifically enhances Shadowdance as Subtlety, because those bonuses would otherwise not work because Shadowdance is not actual stealth.
    Fair point tho. It does make sense.

Loved Legion to death as a rebranded "outlaw" rogue. Deadly in pvp, tore pvm stuff to shreds, felt like I had just enough cds and abilities to master. bfa too much cut, then SL feels too bloated (but still better than bfa).

And of course, my cherished earliest rogue memories noob fishing in Orgrimmar, tricking noobs to pvp flag by hanging stealthed on one of the spikes and dropping down a tonk toy and driving it around, then either pouncing on them or barraging them with throwing knives. Ah man, nothing like it.

And of course the rogue class hall mount questline, the best one by far, which a bunch of other rogues were struggling with so we joined forces, unlocked the armored guy in thunder bluff, causing him to SPRINT away as a bunch of rogues were chasing him onto rooftops as he screamed "help me, help me!", Baine got aggroed, horde players came to see the commotion, and once I got the credit I glider kitted to safety. Absolutely the highlight. Though the final target, the auctioneer, with us taking turns downing it and covering each other's escape, was a great finale.

And an indirect rogue positive, no matter how brokenly OP I've managed to get my WW monk with the combo of legendary+soulbinds+pvp talents I've got on, they're still no match for a rogue stunlock, downing me like I'm a trash mob, every time. They're basically the equivalent of The Humbler quest npc in Bastion.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2021-03-19 at 12:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Ganking lowbies in Hellfire Peninsula.
    ill have to admit ganking players back in the day was funny.

7.2 assa with boots
    best iteration ever, the CDs juggle was awesome
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings