Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Gearing alts feel so stupid now

You go into a BG with 165 ilvl against 220 ilvl players, and you're expected to farm 200k honor like this just to get 197 ilvl? then you go into arena with 197 ilvl vs 220 ilvl and expected to farm 7k conquest like this?

Why is there no catch up mechanics for pvp gear whatsoever?

Last time we had no pvp scaling we had only 2 tiers of gear, honor and conquest, so honor gear could actually compete with conquest gear, now we have 14 tiers of gear (honor 7 tiers, conquest 7 tiers) its so dumb

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Its not dumb if you are glued to the screen and pay your dues
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Haven’t really pvp geared since mop but it seems about the same to me. You hit max get stomped until you have enough honor for a full set then get stomped by people in conquest until you have a full set of that as well. Sure there are more ranks of honor gear then in the past but you get so much more honor then you ever got back then so upgrading your gear feels like it takes the same time it took to get a full set back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    You go into a BG with 165 ilvl against 220 ilvl players, and you're expected to farm 200k honor like this just to get 197 ilvl? then you go into arena with 197 ilvl vs 220 ilvl and expected to farm 7k conquest like this?

Last time we had no pvp scaling we had only 2 tiers of gear, honor and conquest, so honor gear could actually compete with conquest gear, now we have 14 tiers of gear (honor 7 tiers, conquest 7 tiers) its so dumb
    You do renown gear and skip the honor gear. Grind your conquest gear with renown gear and start playing for ‘real’ in a week. You can even get it faster if you manage to friend a group of friends and do rated bg’s.

It’s really simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Saden View Post
    You do renown gear and skip the honor gear. Grind your conquest gear with renown gear and start playing for ‘real’ in a week. You can even get it faster if you manage to friend a group of friends and do rated bg’s.

It’s really simple.
    Except that even with full renown gear you have maybe 10% vers and get completely dumpstered in arena. Honestly, they just need to bring back pvp scaling in arena. It would also help to alleviate the current problem with going up against constant 226 carries.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhim View Post
    Except that even with full renown gear you have maybe 10% vers and get completely dumpstered in arena. Honestly, they just need to bring back pvp scaling in arena. It would also help to alleviate the current problem with going up against constant 226 carries.
    And here we have it: Another time the wow community doesn't know what it wants.
    The whole of 2020 forums raged about pvp scaling like it's the worst feature ever.
    (Don't ask me btw, I don't know shit about pvp, just pointing it out)
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Haven’t really pvp geared since mop but it seems about the same to me. You hit max get stomped until you have enough honor for a full set then get stomped by people in conquest until you have a full set of that as well. Sure there are more ranks of honor gear then in the past but you get so much more honor then you ever got back then so upgrading your gear feels like it takes the same time it took to get a full set back then.
    The difference between honor gear and conquest gear was never this big in any expansion, because there was no gear upgrades 7 times per gear, it was honor gear then 1 tier above it is conquest gear thats it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    And here we have it: Another time the wow community doesn't know what it wants.
    The whole of 2020 forums raged about pvp scaling like it's the worst feature ever.
    (Don't ask me btw, I don't know shit about pvp, just pointing it out)
    only retards didnt like pvp scaling, legion had the best system possible for competitive pvp

You should get 5% of maximum cap as rewards per wining arena or battleground so for example, in 1st week of 550 conquest cap you win ~ 27.5 conquest / arena win, which is close to 25 / win as it is now, you can round it to 25-30 if you want to be a round number, and for alts you get at season end maybe 500 out of 10000 cap saying that there are 10t weeks in a season. And make 1st daily win 10% so double this amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    You finish convenant campain and got full 197set in few hours lol. Heres catchup for both pvp n pve.

Cause who cares about PVP. It is literally the least important thing in WOW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhim View Post
    And? This is the way it's always been if PVP gear matters.

You can have one of two systems:

#1: PVP gearing doesnt matter a lot. The difference between highly geared players and new PVPers is only maybe 5-10%. WE had this a few expansions ago on the theory that PVP should be about skill. A lot of people didnt like it because they enjoyed PVP but also wanted SOME reward.

#2: PVP gear matters and the difference between a highly geared player and a new one is huge. The new player will get stomped for a bit until they get some gear. This is what we have now.

You can manipulate the second system to have gear come faster or slower but if it's too fast you effectively have the first system where everyone is equal after minimal work.

Solution? Epic BG queues. You are one of 40, so you likely wont get focused as much and if you get IoC or AV the honor/hour is pretty good. Once you get a few pieces of honor gear and have your renown gear, you'll be ok

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Cause who cares about PVP. It is literally the least important thing in WOW.

gratz on making the dumbest comment in this thread

That's not how you gear alts in PvP.
    My friend and I both level alts (my 2nd DK and his priest); we just spent 3 days spamming qs. We tank the mmr to below 1k, farm games back until you feel it is not efficient anymore then tank the mmr again (if we are ever in a game where it looks we won't smash ppl in under 2min, we /afk and go again). Key is to have fast games to try to be as efficient as possible so you want to stay at a mmr where you can just stomp ppl.

Now we are sitting at 1800; we'll prob tank again to farm honor (and repeat until we are done).

I'd advise doing that in 3s however. We did it in 2s and 25 / win is awfully slow. I don't get why Blizzard removed the buff to the gain of conquests when you are far off the cap (it was there in BFA).

Overall; this is much much much quicker than anything else.

You are doing it the harder way. Just farm anima and upgrade all your gear to 190 / 197 then get rings/trinkets from PvP. Would be a lot easier anyway. Getting the needed renown and finishing the campaign quests took less than a couple hours. At least that way when you start farming rated for the 200+ stuff you are bit more geared.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2021-03-07 at 07:25 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The difference between honor gear and conquest gear was never this big in any expansion, because there was no gear upgrades 7 times per gear, it was honor gear then 1 tier above it is conquest gear thats it
    Can’t say I remember the exact gap so
    You could be right, I just remember that a full set of honour gear didn’t mean much compared to some one in full conquest.

Stuff ilevel in pvp is dumb. Wow pvp is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    You finish convenant campain and got full 197set in few hours lol. Heres catchup for both pvp n pve.
    Ah, I see, with 'few hours' you mean probably around 24-48 depending on Renown luck from random nonsense activities - which are all just so incredibly easy to do when you're starting out in 165 ilvl. Giga quick and definitely just not as long, tedious, boring and dreadful as spamming 50 BGs.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Ah, I see, with 'few hours' you mean probably around 24-48 depending on Renown luck from random nonsense activities - which are all just so incredibly easy to do when you're starting out in 165 ilvl. Giga quick and definitely just not as long, tedious, boring and dreadful as spamming 50 BGs.
    if it takes you 24 hours of played time to max out renown gear then you dont know wtf you're doing in the first place and probably dont know wtf you're doing in any aspect of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you farm honor gear then thats kinda your own fault, theres so much easier ways to get 200~.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

This has been true off and on starting in Wrath. If you aren't in the initial push for PvP gear, you get crushed and good luck moving forward.

One real answer would involve Blizz doing their job and actually matching people according to gear and success rate...you know, just like every PvP game that is actually good.