Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    You're playing an MMO.

It's fine that there are overlaps in sources of BiS gear between pvp, raid and dungeons.

There's nothing to fix.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I would rather make sure that there is always some source for most of the stat combinations.

Reforging is shit. There's nothing interesting in "always reforge worst stat to best stat". Plus it sucks havin to spend gold before being able to use an item.

No, never bring that shit back.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Reforging is shit. There's nothing interesting in "always reforge worst stat to best stat". Plus it sucks havin to spend gold before being able to use an item.

No, never bring that shit back.
    I would agree if we were still in MoP where stat weights were pretty much set in stone. But this isn't the case and there's a lot of misinformation running rampart here.

- Is reforging annoying? To a degree, yes. I remeber having to sim/recalculate every single item to get the most out of an item and not being able to just slap it right away.

- is reforging a thing to the past based on outdated design? Again, yes. Hit/expertise aren't a thing anymore, and reforging was basically a crutch to make so you were always capped. Guess what, they removed the stats shortly after and with them reforging.

However. Talking about stat weights right now is nonsense, mostly because their relative values are so close to each other that a lot of specs have values wiggling all around all the time and it's more than possible that once you have enough of one others become better (not the case for everyone ofc but for most). You never know when because it depends on all your other gear. I mean, you can use Pawn and its pretty green arrows and % upgrades, but to make it work correctly you have to get your weight every time you change an item. Otherwise they're useless.

There's a reason why Raidbots "Top Gear" is really good - because it literally sims your character with all the options you choose and gives you the answer for that specific moment. Right now, it's the easies way to see if an item is an upgrade (but it's still simulations). Reforging can have a place as a "very endgame" thing where you basically have more or less all your gear and you want to squeeze out that few more % from it. And it'll end with an addon doing the calculations for you and zero actual interaction from the player.

Anyway, to answer OP's question: yes, reforging can be interesting, but the problem now is literally getting the gear. Too scarce and too RNG dependant. VP for M+ are a good addition and they need to do something similar for raids.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

the only reason people think pvp has the bis gear is because the internet told them so

it would be a nightmare to sim item with reforge so not thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Now for the hard part: Why doesn't Blizzard do it, if it is soooo simple?

Here are your obvious forum options:

-They suck and never could design a good game
    -Ion Hazzikostas
    -They don't care
    -They want to force their ideas down our throats
    -They are idiots
    -They just want to milk us

-It is not that simple
    -there is no fix needed for the vast majority of ppl outside the forum circlejerk

Obviously it cannot be one of the last two options ^^
    I dont agree with the proposed solution but it really is not a difficult problem to solve. Put it all on a vendor for a currency you earn from whatever activity you participate in. Its so simple they do this in half the fucking game already.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Gearing is fine, if anything Blizz needs to stop sucking dick and fix WQ items having a lower ilvl than intended, im 202, wth im getting 187 rewards?
    Lol plz i had to do at least 30 M+ to get to 202, if blizzard had to do something is nerf WQ gear, it totally trivialize the 1-9 bracket in m+ and ppl are just trying 10+ knowing absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I dont agree with the proposed solution but it really is not a difficult problem to solve. Put it all on a vendor for a currency you earn from whatever activity you participate in. Its so simple they do this in half the fucking game already.
    Some of us find shopping list gearing boring.

FF exists for those that prefer that style.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post

I actually agree with this. FFXIV's gearing and content is also incredibly dull but that's another matter.

My idea:
    MoP minus rep gating badge gear + more dungeons and keep reforging out.

Literally no one would lose out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post

At no point would you stop getting gear from bosses. I guess you all ignored pvp gear this expansion as well. Too good for pve I suppose.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.