Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Class/weapon restrictions

With loot being personal lately does anyone else feel like some of the weapon restrictions could be lifted? Or would it just slide out of control like loosening up the race/class combos? I ask because my paladin has had the OLD ZG fist weaps that turn you into a tiger, and I'm still banking on the day they go 'Sure, pallys can use fist weaps'.

Anyone else have anything in their bank they hope will unlock for them? Thoughts?
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

10+ Year Old Account
    Got one warglavie on my mage, think its the mainhand, would be cool to transmog it, but i can't cuz its class restricted >: (

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpules View Post
    With loot being personal lately does anyone else feel like some of the weapon restrictions could be lifted? Or would it just slide out of control like loosening up the race/class combos? I ask because my paladin has had the OLD ZG fist weaps that turn you into a tiger, and I'm still banking on the day they go 'Sure, pallys can use fist weaps'.

Anyone else have anything in their bank they hope will unlock for them? Thoughts?
    Eh, not really fist weapons on my priority as a Paladin but more, if we can use a polearm, how come we can't use a staff?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Within reason. Nobody wants to see battle mages with axes running around, or warriors dual wielding magic staffs, etc

This isn’t the elder scrolls, classes are more static here

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Within reason. Nobody wants to see battle mages with axes running around, or warriors dual wielding magic staffs, etc

Fury Warriors can already dual-wield staves.

Also fuck yeah I'd wield an axe as an orc warlock or mage.

I think they should open more options, but have them be race-locked. Humans used to have sword mastery, so all humans can wield swords. Orcs get axes, night elves get warglaives, etc. Wouldnt break the game (warriors can already unlock transmog for bows and guns etc that they cant use effectively) All dwarves get maces, etc. Could be cool.

Last edited by Amnaught; 2021-03-07 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    This was my POV, but after reading a thread yesterday about daggers mogging (I main rogue), I came to realise my camera's so zoomed out that it really doesn't matter if animations aren't quite right, and can't remember the last time I looked at someone else's toon and thought "but my fantasy immersion QQ". Gone full 180 and now couldn't give two farts, open it all up, go mad, let people play whatever they've earned/unlocked.
    I agree ! The animation argument doesn't even stand for classes/specs that don't use the weapons in combat, like mages. It's frustrating to loot a dagger and not being able to transmog it to a sword or a staff, because of these limitations.

I think if there was a poll, those against mages dual-wielding axes would outnumber those in favor.

In a strictly xmog speaking sense, I could potentially see some of the slack being let out. I don't know if they would ever allow it to run wild though. For the Pally using the ZG Fist, I don't think they would allow you to xmog 2 of them. I also don't see them allowing you to xmog 2 one handed weapons in place of a 2hander. Doubt they'd ever let you xmog a shield into a weapon either.

A paladin turning into a tiger?
    No...just no.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    No...just no.
    A Zandalari Prelate of Kimbul, no problemo.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    No...just no.
    Zandalari paladin doing it sounds way more likely than a Blood Elf warrior, rogue, or demon hunter.

Regardless, isn't that bonus inactive now? In addition to it now being unobtainable?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Zandalari paladin doing it sounds way more likely than a Blood Elf warrior, rogue, or demon hunter.

Regardless, isn't that bonus inactive now? In addition to it now being unobtainable?

Yes and yes.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we have to be careful with being too liberal with weapon/class combos, otherwise we end up in a scenario like ESO where every class can use every weapon and armor wich means there's zero class fantasy or uniqueness, it's almost impossible to tell what class someone is playing aside from a few class specific abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    I think we have to be careful with being too liberal with weapon/class combos, otherwise we end up in a scenario like ESO where every class can use every weapon and armor wich means there's zero class fantasy or uniqueness, it's almost impossible to tell what class someone is playing aside from a few class specific abilities.
    Why does that matter though?

What class is that Blood Elf in heritage armor wielding a staff?

Mage? Warlock? Priest? Monk? Warrior? Hunter? Druid with an illusion? Isnt the fact that their health bars are color-coded enough?

Personally i think the restrictions we have are fine with some additions that would be cool(all elves and trolls that have any one handed weapons in their classes also getting glaive mastery no matter their class for example or Paladin Staves).

What i would like to see more is more weapon options for classes/specs, kind of like fury warrior and Frost DK got with dual wield onehanded and 2handed respectively.

it would give an extra amount of customization and would encourage more builds.

For Example:
    2-handed Enhancement Shaman
    2-handed+Shield Prot/Arms Warrior
    1-handed+Staff Mage,
    Range Survival Hunter
    1-handed+Shield Retribution Paladin
    1-handed+Shield Blood DK
    1-handed+Dagger Rogue
    ETC

This would only work however if there were also abilities that gave different bonuses for different weapons used like single-minded determination otherwise weapons would just remain as stat sticks
    Last edited by AthranThom; 2021-03-08 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post

Warriors can already transmogg staves tho?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by konialis View Post
    What i would like to see more is more weapon options for classes/specs, kind of like fury warrior and Frost DK got with dual wield onehanded and 2handed respectively.

it would give an extra amount of customization and would encourage more builds.

Range Survival Hunter
    There are enough ranged hunters and no need to remake the entire spec again. But I would absolutely LOVE a fucking dual-wielding survival hunter. Rexxar literally is one, his spec is Survival as a follower. And there's that draenei in the WoD announce trailer. Just. Such a massive missed opportunity to force us into two-handers.

Would be cool. I went back to D2 during the end of BFA and it was kind of jarring not being able to equip anything I wanted on any character. Considering I loved weird niche builds like IK Sorceress especially.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    D2 would like a word with you. Besides class locked items everyone could use anything they had the stats for, and it was one of the game's greatest strengths.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I wish worgen has the same love they gave monks when it comes to weapons. Monks can hide their weapon and fight with fists, it would be nice for worgens to fight with their claws, or atleast give them the option to use fist-weapons.
    But yes i agree, more options are welcome, blood dk with shield, or options to mog one-handed weapons into two-handed weapon.

They should allow Warriors and Rogues to transmog Glaives, they were after all the original classes to wield those weapons.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4