Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    His suffering ended and I hope he found peace somewhere in this afterlife. There is likely no chance we will encounter his soul in the Shadowlands, as I know he didn't technically die but just turn into a Withered, but we killed a lot of Withered in "Legion" so he had to have been one of them, right?
    He didn't die, did he? Best I recall he just turned into a withered, but did not die.

As for who I want to see in Shadowlands but probably wont:
    • Varian Wrynn;
    • Tirion Fordring;
    • Fandral Staghelm;
    • Admiral Taylor;
    • Arthas Menethil.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Its not really that interesting. The mother of the windrunners isn't even big and well thats not really relevant to Sylvannas's story. And no the story isn't bullshit.
    A wild bootlicker appears. Hey no offense but your opinion is garbage if you really think this story isn't convoluted, scrapped together garbage - some half-baked attempt at pandering to nostalgia, pulled from the same cringy cesspool our interdimensional time travel expansion came from.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-03-08 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

If only the atrocity that is WoD never happened it would have been cool to see Grom in Maldraxxus. They've completely driven his character into the ground though.

5+ Year Old Account
    -Saurfang Junior and Senior
    -Cho'gall
    -The Redpath Family
    -Deathwing
    Kupo.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Broxigar. Still holding out hope that he is the Primus. You KNOW he would have went to Maldraxxus, and the fact that we haven't seen him yet is telling. If Vashj and Draka rose as quickly as they did, history's greatest warrior, who has had 10,000 years to rise through the ranks, is missing? Green is sus.
    Broxigar jumped into the maw and punched a hole in the jailer's chest. Then jumped off the maw to go down below to fight whatever the hell is underneath it.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Broxigar. Still holding out hope that he is the Primus. You KNOW he would have went to Maldraxxus, and the fact that we haven't seen him yet is telling. If Vashj and Draka rose as quickly as they did, history's greatest warrior, who has had 10,000 years to rise through the ranks, is missing? Green is sus.
    Brox being the primus would be so metal! I hope they do it!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    each of the houses held a rune which would have allowed any of them to enter the Seat at any time - But none tried, because the Primus was only to be awoken in a crisis. Nobody sought to usurp The Primus, ever.
    I thought that the Seat could only be opened with all five keys together, in order to prevent any random dickhead *cough* Vyraz *cough* from taking things into his/her own hands and !@#$ing everything up.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Broxigar for sure. Varian to really provide some oomph to Anduin's predicament.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

7+ Year Old Account
    I really wanna see Yrel again in shadowlands shes like best draenei ever
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Broxigar jumped into the maw and punched a hole in the jailer's chest. Then jumped off the maw to go down below to fight whatever the hell is underneath it.
    That's a very Broxigar thing to do... If only
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Gul'dan. No redemption arc, no remorse just the utter villain we've come to know and love.

Paragons of the klaxxi would be interesting to meet and see how emo they are after we kicked their asses and slew their god.
    Now that i think on it, have we seen any mantid/aqir anywhere in shadowlands?

What about elementals? We killed Rag in his home, doesnt that mean that hes dead?

Weve seen Ysera so i guess Neltharion/DW should be somewhere aswell?

We know demons doesnt go to the afterlife but what about old gods?
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Exactly - the dude was saying Ysera was the last.
    Which is weird. Ursoc died in the raid after Ysera BUT Ysera somehow managed to stick around and buff us during the Xavius fight so perhaps she stayed around in the emerald dream for a moment before finally passing.

Or most likely, Blizzard just screwed it up because they hadn't considered how death functions back then since we saw multiple people who had only been killed very recently be around in the Emerald Dream instead of being send to Ardenweald. Which really tells you how much they care about the lore since usually when you make a campaign setting, figuring out how death works is pretty early concept stuff. And we still don't even know how it works in WoW. Not for elementals, not for demons, not for creatures with a strong connection to one of the other primary forces (Order, Chaos, Void, Light, Life). We don't know how undeath actually works (for sentient undead at least that seem to anchor their souls on the material). And judging by previous expansions, we will likely never really find out most of these answers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    I really wanna see Yrel again in shadowlands shes like best draenei ever
    She isn't dead though.

As for Brox being the Primus . . . I mean he is a cool warrior but he is definitely not the strongest warrior we've ever seen in Warcraft. That would probably be Toranaar.
    Last edited by Araevin; 2021-03-08 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    Cool idea but I don't think it's technically possible since Anveena was a magic construct and doesn't technically have a soul in the traditional sense.
    It's up in the air tbh. Many Azeroth races are direct descendants of titan constructs yet they do have souls. I believe that a rule of thumb is, if something has independent conscience it has a soul. The only exception I've seen so far is dredgers who openly admit that they're soulless.

Quote Originally Posted by Araevin View Post
    Or most likely, Blizzard just screwed it up because they hadn't considered how death functions back then since we saw multiple people who had only been killed very recently be around in the Emerald Dream instead of being send to Ardenweald.
    Yep, that's the reason. The problem with Blizzard writing is they seldom try to make new stuff work with old stuff. Instead, they just put new stuff on top and call it a day. I have no issue with us having unreliable narrators within the game, but when Blizzard themselves are one it just ruins everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    As far as I'm aware, means of death doesn't actually influence if you go to the Twisting Nether or Shadowlands. The only mortals to end up going to the TN are Demon Hunters because they tainted their actual soul by consuming the heart of a demon and bringing that demonic essence into themselves. Otherwise everyone that was killed by a random Chaos Bolt would be going to the TN.
    It's not even all demon hunters, the only ones who are known to have developed a demon soul are Illidan and player character. The souls of regular demon hunters can be found within the Maw.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    have we seen any mantid/aqir anywhere in shadowlands?

What about elementals? We killed Rag in his home, doesnt that mean that hes dead?

Weve seen Ysera so i guess Neltharion/DW should be somewhere aswell?

We know demons doesnt go to the afterlife but what about old gods?
    A mantid warrior soul occasionally appears in the "Limbo" world quest in Bastion. Kyrian had no issue with him being a spawn of an Old God.

A soul of a fire elemental also appears in the said world quest. It was sent back because it belonged to the Firelands. When elementals die within their home realm, it's game over for them. Ragnaros is gone for good.

I don't see why not unless the Dragon Soul disintegrated both his body and soul.

Old Gods are Void creations so they're bound to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Araevin View Post
    Or most likely, Blizzard just screwed it up because they hadn't considered how death functions back then since we saw multiple people who had only been killed very recently be around in the Emerald Dream instead of being send to Ardenweald. Which really tells you how much they care about the lore since usually when you make a campaign setting, figuring out how death works is pretty early concept stuff. And we still don't even know how it works in WoW. Not for elementals, not for demons, not for creatures with a strong connection to one of the other primary forces (Order, Chaos, Void, Light, Life). We don't know how undeath actually works (for sentient undead at least that seem to anchor their souls on the material). And judging by previous expansions, we will likely never really find out most of these answers.
    Well we know for demons that they go to the Twisting Nether to respawn. My personal theory is that the Twisting Nether itself is actually another "Shadowland" and all demons are sent there as basically a demonic Ardenweald. This would explain why demons are sent there and respawn, can have this process sped up by feeding anima into them (ie, siphoning power from the titan Argus), and give a logical reason for the whole "all demons from all timelines are one" kind of nonsense that they've also established in Shadowlands for alternate versions of the same soul going to the Shadowlands upon their personal death. It would explain what they put out years back when people were like, BUT ARCHIMONDE IS DEAD?. This would also explain why killing a demon inside the Twisting Nether results in a permanent death for them; you're essentially killing their soul inside of their Shadowland.

I'm also still of the opinion that alternate timeline souls are sent to Bastion to forget their memories to avoid weird interactions of alternate timeline souls running into their main timeline selves as well; ie, Garrosh from the MU is in Revendreth but any AU Garrosh would be sent to Bastion to forget their memories and become a Kyrian.
    Last edited by Cronovey; 2021-03-08 at 08:59 PM.

Well we know for demons that they go to the Twisting Nether to respawn. My personal theory is that the Twisting Nether itself is actually another "Shadowland" and all demons are sent there as basically a demonic Ardenweald. This would explain why demons are sent there and respawn, can have this process sped up by feeding anima into them (ie, siphoning power from the titan Argus), and give a logical reason for the whole "all demons from all timelines are one" kind of nonsense that they put out years back when people were like, BUT ARCHIMONDE IS DEAD?. This would also explain why killing a demon inside the Twisting Nether results in a permanent death for them; you're essentially killing their soul inside of their Shadowland.
    We shouldn't need to have personal theories at this point is my point. We should know by now.

I'm also still of the opinion that alternate timeline souls are sent to Bastion to forget their memories to avoid weird interactions of alternate timeline souls running into their main timeline selves as well; ie, Garrosh from the MU is in Revendreth but any AU Garrosh would be sent to Bastion to forget their memories and become a Kyrian.
    That's not the case. Danuser went into great detail explaining how it works in one of his interviews. According to him, a person is a "rope" whose "threads" are various versions of that person existing in different timelines. These threads may exist separately for a time, but they always combine back into a single rope in the end. I personally don't like his explanation and think that it raises more questions than answers, but it's currently canon so we have to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Then how did Ursoc get to Ardenweald?
    He had that in reverse order. Ysera died first, then Ursoc. Ursoc was one of the last. Though I suppose Ysera was too.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    That's not the case. Danuser went into great detail explaining how it works in one of his interviews. According to him, a person is a "rope" whose "threads" are various versions of that person existing in different timelines. These threads may exist separately for a time, but they always combine back into a single rope in the end. I personally don't like his explanation and think that it raises more questions than answers, but it's currently canon so we have to deal with it.
    Yeah but that entire thing is nonsense and just doesn't make sense. That either means that all souls of a person are combined into one and they gain the memories of every life they've ever lived at random whenever another version of their self dies, or that the alternate universes and timeline versions of characters just don't have souls at all, which also makes no goddamn sense.

It's a terrible explanation when my personal idea of using Bastion as the "alternate soul dump" zone would be perfectly reasonable and useful, as well as explain why demons retain their memories even after death and rebirth as well even though some ancients on Azeroth don't seem to.

Kil'ruk the Windreaver. Want to see him and his fellow Paragons just messing around in Maldraxxus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

As for who I want to see in Shadowlands but probably wont:
    • Admiral Taylor;
    He shows up in Oribos at some point. He is around the outer ring on the main floor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxoz View Post
    Think medivh got stabbed in some story, feel like they should just magic him back alive somehow tho. Aside from that, Arthas I guess, rest seem like fluff.
    Medivh was stabbed and beheaded in The Last Guardian as Sargeras was about to peel off the body when he was fighting against Khadgar and Anduin Lothar. Many years later (around the start of the plague of undeath spreading throughout northern Lordaeron) Aegwynn showed up and resurrected him (doing so drained a lot of her power). So he was alive and well in WC3 and simply stayed in the shadows due to his belief of "no more guardians" until Legion where he returned to help us purge Karazhan of the Legion before Viz'aduum could complete the portal connecting Karazhan and the Twisting Nether. Although he did not get directly involved. Instead he worked with Khadgar to seal off what progress Viz'aduum had made with the portal.
    Last edited by Volardelis; 2021-03-09 at 07:58 AM.