Trump Tells GOP to Stop Using His Name Without Permission

In case there was any remaining notion from the GOP that they had any control over Trump. They'd better hope the myriad of lawsuits and investigations against him bear fruit because he has effectively stolen their party away from them. And they invited him in. It's like racist vampirism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Trump Tells GOP to Stop Using His Name Without Permission

In case there was any remaining notion from the GOP that they had any control over Trump. They'd better hope the myriad of lawsuits and investigations against him bear fruit because he has effectively stolen their party away from them. And they invited him in. It's like racist vampirism.
    Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    "It's okay, we'll just sing it," the GOP replied. "That way we can use the music without permission -- like you do."

58,228 new cases, about 7k fewer than last Saturday. At least 3 states that normally report on Saturdays haven't yet, so as per usual that will tighten up.

Top 5:

New York: 7,675 new cases; 88 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    California: 4,211 new cases; 260 deaths
    Texas: 3,994 new cases; 222 deaths
    New Jersey: 3,720 new cases; 36 deaths

Completely ignore Texas' numbers because they're pretty bogus. At this point they're heading more towards the Florida model of just not reporting accurately and not testing enough because MOrE TEsTinG mEAnS MorE viRUs! It's absurd that they haven't gotten their testing back off the floor by now especially given that their positivity for the testing they ARE doing is more than double the "recommended" percentage at about 12%. Just fucking avoid Texas if you can. I do. It's where all my exes are.

New York tops the list because of their smallish bump but already what they've posted today is lower than what they had last Saturday so it's still not much cause for alarm. I've been keeping my eye on it and it's been pretty flat the last week or so. Not spiking.

1,515 deaths is sliiiiightly fewer than last Saturday and brings the total to 537,119. It's not too concerning that the difference isn't as high as the rest of the week since weekends tend to be a bit unpredictable. I also think there's been a bit of a correction from yesterday's lower-than-expected total that eats into some of that. It's still going in the right direction.

Related news:

Senate passes $1.9 trillion Covid relief bill, including $1,400 stimulus checks, with no Republican support--Whether or not you think the bill goes "far enough" in getting aid to Americans affected by COVID-19, you have to admit two things:

1. It's getting A LOT of aid to those affected through various means.
    2. The GOP continue not to care about those affected.

Stay safe, folks.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2021-03-07 at 02:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, the Proud Boys and one of Trump's men (name withheld by source) were communicating by phone/text just before the attacks.

Completely ignore Texas' numbers because they're pretty bogus. At this point they're heading more towards the Florida model of just not reporting accurately and not testing enough because MOrE TEsTinG mEAnS MorE viRUs! It's absurd that they haven't gotten their testing back off the floor by now especially given that their positivity for the testing they ARE doing is more than double the "recommended" percentage at about 12%. Just fucking avoid Texas if you can. I do. It's where all my exes are.
    Ah, that is good to hear maybe you should go and vacation at your ocean front property in Arizona instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So, the Proud Boys and one of Trump's men (name withheld by source) were communicating by phone/text just before the attacks.
    Something Tells the Only Name Everyone is thinking...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Never. Because justice can't reach you if you have enough money.
    Depending on how some of those lawsuits and investigations go he might not have his money (if he even has much, which is also in doubt) much longer. I'm not holding my breath, but there are several potential timelines in which he's just outright fucking screwed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on how some of those lawsuits and investigations go he might not have his money (if he even has much, which is also in doubt) much longer. I'm not holding my breath, but there are several potential timelines in which he's just outright fucking screwed.
    He also pardoned a lot of very wealthy people, that now owe him one... or more... Good luck calling him racist, when ‘Lil Wayne opens his 2024 announcement ceremony.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    He also pardoned a lot of very wealthy people, that now owe him one... or more... Good luck calling him racist, when ‘Lil Wayne opens his 2024 announcement ceremony.
    Or they'll take a page from Trump's book and, now that the favor has ALREADY been given, decide they don't owe him anything at all.

Or they'll take a page from Trump's book and, now that the favor has ALREADY been given, decide they don't owe him anything at all.
    You are forgeting something, Trump is still the cult leader with record breaking republican support. They cant have him in jail, they need him to win 2024 presidential election.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    You are forgeting something, Trump is still the cult leader with record breaking republican support. They cant have him in jail, they need him to win 2024 presidential election.
    I'm not forgetting anything. The people he pardoned are, for the most part, not seeking public office and therefore don't need the support of his dipshit fan base. Stone and the like are perfectly capable of fucking people over without running for Congress and aren't beholden to Trump now that they've already gotten their pardons. Several of them would happily let Trump go down in flames as long as they get to continue being evil assholes.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the ongoing bla bla bla Trump promises to travel to Alaska to personally help whoever tries to primary Murkowski.

In the Republican Party, there is only loyalty to Trump.

I'm not forgetting anything. The people he pardoned are, for the most part, not seeking public office and therefore don't need the support of his dipshit fan base. Stone and the like are perfectly capable of fucking people over without running for Congress and aren't beholden to Trump now that they've already gotten their pardons. Several of them would happily let Trump go down in flames as long as they get to continue being evil assholes.
    A lot of the people Trump pardoned have dirt on him and he has dirt on them so they won't just let him burn. The only type of friendship Trump has involved mutually assured destruction otherwise you get tossed aside like Michael Cohen.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    In the words of Bane "And you think this gives you power over me? "
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    In the ongoing bla bla bla Trump promises to travel to Alaska to personally help whoever tries to primary Murkowski.

In the Republican Party, there is only loyalty to Trump.
    Trump is pretty good at primary, but I wonder if she'd have it in her to do another write in campaign or if it's a seat dem's can actually pick up.

Sunday quick report.
    Lots of foolishness with the numbers today because a full 10 states have failed to report. This is even worse than it normally is on Sundays. Take it all with a grain of salt.

41,967 new cases; 716 deaths, bringing the total to 537,838.

I was debating not posting anything at all because it's obviously really far off, but I'm a creature of habit.

Stay safe, folks.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2021-03-08 at 11:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I debating not posting anything at all because it's obviously really far off
    Yeah, under 1,000 would be good news...but...yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never. Because justice can't reach you if you have enough money.
    Except he doesn't have money.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

He has enough.

Plus he has enough of off-their-meds followers that the GOP is afraid of so they will protect him because they are legit worried for their lives.

Trump will never face justice.
    He has enough? Debatable, I am collecting a VA paycheck and I am probably worth more than he is after you take a look at how much he owes.

At best, you are looking at the saying "If you owe me a 10 thousand dollars, you have a problem. If you owe me 10 million dollars, I have a problem"

As far as the GOP defending him for their own survival, we already witnessed that in the second impeachment. We don't need the GOP to go after him and even McConnell basically signaled for the others to go after him instead. All we need is that the DOJ or New York go after him and do their jobs.

Won't lie though, as much as I want that traitor to face justice, I also know the GOP are praying for the Democrats to clean up their mess (As usual) so they don't have to and know it does them a favor in the process. So a sliver of me wants to see him NOT prosecuted and alive and healthy for the next 4 years and watch him run in the 2024 elections just to see the GOP shit themselves knowing what he represents to their party and the damage he does to their party. I would say the damage he does to the nation but the GOP doesn't care about that in the slightest so long as they get to be the ones ruling over the ashes.

But at that point, the GOP would probably be banking on him to die shortly given how bad his health is anyways and would cling to the orange piece of driftwood through out the election even as his mind continues to go further and he goes further off the rails just hoping to pass away and they take over.

So the BEST, we can hope for the the DOJ and NY go after Trump and his family hardcore to the point Trump turns on the GOP with receipts to cut a deal and has the goods to bring the whole thing crashing down. Basically hope that Trump and the GOP had a mutually assured destruction setup and Trump get into a point where they can't protect him.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.