The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    He has enough? Debatable, I am collecting a VA paycheck and I am probably worth more than he is after you take a look at how much he owes.

At best, you are looking at the saying "If you owe me a 10 thousand dollars, you have a problem. If you owe me 10 million dollars, I have a problem"

As far as the GOP defending him for their own survival, we already witnessed that in the second impeachment. We don't need the GOP to go after him and even McConnell basically signaled for the others to go after him instead. All we need is that the DOJ or New York go after him and do their jobs.

Won't lie though, as much as I want that traitor to face justice, I also know the GOP are praying for the Democrats to clean up their mess (As usual) so they don't have to and know it does them a favor in the process. So a sliver of me wants to see him NOT prosecuted and alive and healthy for the next 4 years and watch him run in the 2024 elections just to see the GOP shit themselves knowing what he represents to their party and the damage he does to their party. I would say the damage he does to the nation but the GOP doesn't care about that in the slightest so long as they get to be the ones ruling over the ashes.

But at that point, the GOP would probably be banking on him to die shortly given how bad his health is anyways and would cling to the orange piece of driftwood through out the election even as his mind continues to go further and he goes further off the rails just hoping to pass away and they take over.

So the BEST, we can hope for the the DOJ and NY go after Trump and his family hardcore to the point Trump turns on the GOP with receipts to cut a deal and has the goods to bring the whole thing crashing down. Basically hope that Trump and the GOP had a mutually assured destruction setup and Trump get into a point where they can't protect him.
    I have to agree with @Gabriel - he still has a ton of money available to him. Those "legal defense funds" and "election recount" bullshit funds have him hundreds of millions at his disposal. His net worth might dog shit, but he still has access to serious cash.

Plus - he hasn't launched his cable news network yet. And that is potentially worth $1B/yr in revenue.

I agree with you that the GOP is definitely hoping the Dems clean up the mess though - McConnell even said as much when he mentioned Trump's actions re Jan 6 should be investigated.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I have to agree with @Gabriel - he still has a ton of money available to him. Those "legal defense funds" and "election recount" bullshit funds have him hundreds of millions at his disposal. His net worth might dog shit, but he still has access to serious cash.

Plus - he hasn't launched his cable news network yet. And that is potentially worth $1B/yr in revenue.

I agree with you that the GOP is definitely hoping the Dems clean up the mess though - McConnell even said as much when he mentioned Trump's actions re Jan 6 should be investigated.
    I agree he has a decent amount of cash on hand, but his debts wipe them out and then some and the people who he owes that money to has far more at their disposal and their name as being his enabler which drug them through the mud throughly.

Trump can theoretically drag it out, but he has more money riding against him than he has. And his election recount crap can actually land him in some other hot water if they choose to go after him for advertising the money as one thing and hiding in the fine print that it goes to completely somewhere else which can potentially put a freeze on that cash while that litigates.

The new network, not sure how far that will go given how much he tries to push stuff and the rules they fall under. While Fox tries their best to skirt on the edges of legal, he river dances over that line repeatedly and without the title of president to save him or his network, he may very well end up owing more in legal fines than it brings in.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2021-03-08 at 08:11 AM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    In the ongoing bla bla bla Trump promises to travel to Alaska to personally help whoever tries to primary Murkowski.

In the Republican Party, there is only loyalty to Trump.
    Weird thing is the GOP already primaried her and won and she turned around and ran a write in campaign and won her seat again. I am pretty sure she gives zero fucks about this specially given how they changed their elections to ranked choice.

So is everyone else enjoying Republicans spending more time reading and complaining about Dr. Seuss books being pulled by the estate and blaming Biden, than they are like, collectively showing up to actual work?

I love that they're not even pretending to govern anymore, they were elected to further the culture war and god-damnit who cares if there's a pandemic and people need help, they're gonna read god-damned Green Eggs and Ham!

Edit: Case in point: https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1367148211169857541

Ted Cruz would like everyone to know about his Soundcloud, please buy his mixtape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Ted Cruz would like everyone to know about his Soundcloud, please buy his mixtape.
    Asking Biden to ban his book, so it becomes a best seller, like the books Cruz claimed Biden banned?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Asking Biden to ban his book, so it becomes a best seller, like the books Cruz claimed Biden banned?
    Yeah, it's like, fuckin super-pathetic for a Senator elected to national office from one of the largest states in the union to be e-begging on Twitter like some suburban zoomer with his gangsta rap soundcloud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's like, fuckin super-pathetic for a Senator elected to national office from one of the largest states in the union to be e-begging on Twitter like some suburban zoomer with his gangsta rap soundcloud.
    But... but... if the book is banned... how is it being sold? I don’t understand this new logic...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

But... but... if the book is banned... how is it being sold? I don’t understand this new logic...
    Are you questioning the doublethink? Please remain in your location, authorities will be around soon to pick you up.

I don’t think Trump is capable of running a news network that could make that kind of revenue never mind profit.

Rupert Murdoch already had a well established media empire before staring Fox and he’s a at least a capable business man. OAN and Breitbart are underwritten by actual billionaires. Not sure where Newsmax fits in but it’s not Fox money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you questioning the doublethink? Please remain in your location, authorities will be around soon to pick you up.
    I put my Twitter to use and asked him... I don’t foresee a response.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/08/polit...den/index.html

Tom Cotton is complaining about checks going to prisoners, forgetting that he voted for previous stimulus under Trump that was sent to prisoners.

Reminder: Democrats have their problems, but Republicans remain the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

I put my Twitter to use and asked him... I don’t foresee a response.
    I half thought about it, but I try to keep politics off my work twitter account. Didn't see any report option for "misinformation" : (

https://www.hcn.org/issues/53.3/info...ier-boondoggle

Nice piece on how truly pointless and expensive Trump's monument to racism is.

And it was almost 5x the cost of previous border walls/barriers built.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Normally, I'd say that, as a Us Senator, this should be beneath him. But then I remember he's a Republican and that there just is no bottom to these people.

Anything to sell a book, though, I guess.
    And then you remember that he used his pre-teen daughters as a lie to excuse his trip down to Cancun because he and his wife couldn't stand the cold.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I don’t think Trump is capable of running a news network that could make that kind of revenue never mind profit.

Rupert Murdoch already had a well established media empire before staring Fox and he’s a at least a capable business man. OAN and Breitbart are underwritten by actual billionaires. Not sure where Newsmax fits in but it’s not Fox money.
    I don't think Trump is capable of running anything successfully - there is doubt he ever has. However, he wouldn't be running this himself - it would just be his name on it along with him doing "shows" where it's essentially a diatribe of lies and accusation (essentially his entire life).

The revenue would come from monthly subscriptions - $4.99 a pop - assuming 20 million raving lunatics would follow their dear leader down another grifting scam. That's ballpark $1.2B annually. Obviously gross, but he would still be making a fuck-ton of money.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/po...249780418.html

An Idaho House panel approved legislation Monday making it more difficult to get initiatives or referendums on ballots in what is widely seen as a rural vs. urban issue.

The House State Affairs Committee voted 12-2, with both Democratic lawmakers opposed, to send the measure to the House. Republican Gov. Brad Little vetoed similar legislation in 2019. The current legislation has already passed the state Senate with enough votes to overcome a possible veto.

Backers said the ballot initiative process favors urban voters and needs to be changed to give rural voters more say. They said signature gatherers can focus on urban areas and ignore rural ones, and that urban areas will grow in power as the state's population continues its rapid increase.

Opponents said the measure violates the Idaho Constitution because it makes getting initiatives on ballots nearly impossible, giving a single legislative district what amounts to veto power.

Current rules require signatures from 6% of registered voters in each of 18 legislative districts in 18 months. The proposed law would require 6% of registered voters in all 35 Idaho districts in 18 months.
    And more in, "Republicans hate democracy and Democrats and cities and want to do everything they can to disenfranchise them." we have Idaho Republicans making it considerably more difficult for ballot measures to get added to the ballot come vote time.

Why?

“Rural counties are losing political influence, and that is one of the main concerns that I have,” said Republican Rep. Vito Barbieri. “Other states here in the West are controlled politically by large cities, and we just can’t allow that here in Idaho.”
    Because Republicans still think land can vote and that it's somehow more important than people. This is what happens when you have a political party that's not capable of functioning with a level playing field and needs to game the system to ensure they maintain power as an often minority party.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is everyone else enjoying Republicans spending more time reading and complaining about Dr. Seuss books being pulled by the estate and blaming Biden, than they are like, collectively showing up to actual work?
    Don't forget Mr. Potato Head. Which, according to online posts, Biden also personally banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Winning!
    Wrong thread.

(checks forum)

Oh. Right. Anyhow, I'm glad to see these last few remaining issues finally beaten into the fucking ground with the flat end of a shovel, making a satisfying THWONG noise with each hit.

t of previous border walls/barriers built.
    Hey remember when Trump said ah fuck it, we all saw this coming. The real winners? The contractors who, I'm just going to say this without evidence and assume I'm correct, don't need to refund any of the money they've been paid, for work they'll now never do. Does the US get to keep the materials the contractors purchased? Does the US have a reagents tab? What does cement stack to?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think Trump is capable of running anything successfully.
    Oddly enough, the only thing he's proven to make profitable is The Apprentice, a show literally named after peoiple who don't get paid.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Oddly enough, the only thing he's proven to make profitable is The Apprentice, a show literally named after peoiple who don't get paid.
    The irony machine is in full motion with Trump.

I don't think Trump is capable of running anything successfully - there is doubt he ever has. However, he wouldn't be running this himself - it would just be his name on it along with him doing "shows" where it's essentially a diatribe of lies and accusation (essentially his entire life).

The revenue would come from monthly subscriptions - $4.99 a pop - assuming 20 million raving lunatics would follow their dear leader down another grifting scam. That's ballpark $1.2B annually. Obviously gross, but he would still be making a fuck-ton of money.
    But we know that Trump is cash-poor. And at this point utterly unable to raise funds from any reputable lender. And quite possibly any lender FULL STOP. So it wouldn't be his channel, it would be somebody else's, started with someone else's money, with Trumps name on it. Which means what money Trump actually makes out of it would come down to how good his contract lawyers are, compared to the contract lawyers of an actual real billionaire and genuinely successful businessman.

Bottom line; if this happens, Trump will get a pittance out of it in cash terms, but he'll get a weekly (nightly?) show where he can rant to his followers. Then it will be interesting whether snippets of his word-salads get anyone that tries to post it banned from the various social media sites.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

https://angrywhitemen.org/2021/03/07...e-nationalism/

Ya'll remember Crazy Laura Loomer? The lady that tried to storm Pelosi's "house" and the lady that handcuffed herself to the front doors of Twitter's office, expecting them to have police remove her and instead just standing around for a while, pathetically cuffed to the doorway while literally everyone on the street watched a crazy lady who handcuffed herself to a door cry about her social media accounts being taken away?

Also, she ran for Congress as a Republican in FL, and thankfully lost.

Weeeelllllll.......yeah, unsurprisingly she's a racist, bigoted piece of shit. Who woulda thunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Did she join Papa John for 20 months of N-word rehab?
    I don't think she's used that term, and given what I know of her grift I don't think she has the financial means for a 20 month ritzy rehab.