Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    So you're basically saying that 80% of TBC's population will consist of Locks, Mages and Tankpallies?
    Either you're slow or intentionally obtuse.
    Prot pallies/locks/mages will have it 5x easier to get into trade pug 5man groups - what don't you understand about this statement?

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Either you're slow or intentionally obtuse.
    I'm just trying to infer the class population to fit your claims.

If you claim those will just have a much easier time finding a group (="5 times easier"), despite having specific comp requirements, you need a lot of people that play those specs / classes.

And your second paragraph completely ignores whether those are joining a group with requirements or not, it's not like tankpallies, locks or mages are barred from entering any group that doesn't AoE down dungeons.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-08 at 12:37 PM.

I remember being unable to raid in BC because my computer choked on the Magtheridon fight when the rubble started falling. The only way I could even get 5 fps was to zoom the camera all way in and aim the camera at the ground.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    - Warriors getting told they cant tank 5mans, because paladins have better aoe and lower skill cap
    Prob palas are better but as i remember old days i tanked 5mans with my warrior pretty well. Ofc that was not aoe piniata. Warrior tanking was absouletly gorgeous compared to vanilla playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Prob palas are better but as i remember old days i tanked 5mans with my warrior pretty well. Ofc that was not aoe piniata. Warrior tanking was absouletly gorgeous compared to vanilla playstyle.
    yeah pretty much this. during actual TBC, i dont think i ever saw a single actual paladin tank. my guild used a healer with RF up to tank on that one boss in SSC.. forget his name.. and we used 2 warriors and a druid (which was me) all the way through sunwell, and i changed guilds several times.. always the same setup. i dont think the pala meta existed until private servers.. but especially early on, paladins are harder to gear and will break CC, which means they will get absolutely trucked in heroics before they get decent gear.. so i think all the people who are acting like paladins will be gods of 5 man dungeons from day 1 are in for a rude awakening.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    But Mount Hyjal its in Cataclysm not in TBC.
    What? Battle for Mount Hyjal is a raid from TBC. It's part of T6.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    the alt unfriendliness and how it's almost impossible to reroll past a point

reputations/attunements etc the grind is ridiculous, people will learn to appreciated catch-up systems a bit better after this
    I had the opposite feeling : it made for a feeling of accomplishment for each reroll, and made me disgusted with catch-up that invalidate everything before the latest patch.

Source : raided with seven characters at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    Something can be easy and people can still struggle in it, because not everybody skill level is the same. What he said was AQ40/NAXX was CLOSE TO IMPOSSIBLE. Not only that is false, that is ignorant at best. I also said that guilds with gear clears naxx/aq40 without issues in classic also, assuming they have decent gear for what they are attempting, which is also true. You don't need any world buffs to clear anything in classic.

And then I stated what is a fact, which is TBC is easy. Just because some people are mouth breathers and not able to do gruuls lair week one, doesn't makes the raid a hard raid, it means that those people are incompetent.
    [...]
    I might sound like an asshole, but people in these forums have a tendency to lie to themselves to make themselves feel better.
    No, you sound like an asshole because you use the ridiculous hyperbole of someone as a pretext to throw a ridiculous hyperbole of your own that pointlessly insult people without even the excuse of being even remotely close to reality.

How quickly the content dries up.

Nothing much, the game is 15 years old. People who are going to be invested into TBC know the in and outs and are miles better than they were 15 years ago, not even taking into consideration all the info we have access to right now. I wouldn’t be surprised PvP wise at least that the 2021 TBC meta will be different from the 2006 TBC meta. Players back then were for a very large % even at the top, really bad to nowadays standards.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    What is there to learn though? It's just like any other zone. Tell me. What is there in Zangamarsh that is so difficult to navigate?
    Zangar was a bad example but Netherstorm and Blade's Edge Mountains are very different zones once you have flight, fair?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    How quickly the content dries up.
    Yep still remember being bored out of my mind, once you start approaching t5+ there's not much to do outside of raiding
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Hell in TBC we never even ran a healer for most heroics we did and my main group of friends I played with played Prot Pally, Hunter, Ret Pally, Enhancement Shaman and Mage as our 5 man group.
    Yeah my enhancement shaman housemate was the healer for his guilds 5 man groups, people are really over emphasising how crap they were at WoW 15 years ago. Heroics will not be hard. Timed runs will not be hard. None of the 5 man content will be hard.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I think people will be surprised by how many people fit into one layer to farm elementals in nagrand/bem.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Yeah my enhancement shaman housemate was the healer for his guilds 5 man groups, people are really over emphasising how crap they were at WoW 15 years ago. Heroics will not be hard. Timed runs will not be hard. None of the 5 man content will be hard.
    Indeed, It will take People at most 1-2 weeks to get the Mechanics down. Once enough People get blown up by Murmur it will just become faceroll even in PUGs.

What Khadgar looks like.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    layering will solve that pretty easily imho
    Haha, nice joke!
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure after all the time has passed, any sane people should be surprised by any of the old content of WoW...
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Here are my points after playing TBC on a semi constant basis:

1. Being a healer (without Dual spec implemented) really sucks balls. Have fun farming anything. (Solved by having an alt I guess?)
    2. People underestimate the competition for primals especially on a PVP server. It's gonna be nuts. This in combination with the gold hoarding atm will lead to uber inflation as in 100g primal airs/fires / 80g water/mana primals. Economy will take 3-6 months to settle minimum.
    3. Farm spots are going to be camped forever, boosts will be advertised non stop and you won't make any gold. Get your tankadin leveled now, no competition in your own dungeons.
    4. Yes Warlocks are GODS in PVP. Not even funny how overpowered they are.
    5. Hunter / Beast Mastery Pets in Arena die in a few hits (only 5k hp go figure). 1v1 BM Hunters might beat a warlock. Still going to die to their dots tho.
    6. I can't even imagine how many heroic dungeon groups will be advertised with primal nether reserved. Until these go BOE in a later patch it's gonna suck crafting anything.
    7. PVP marks and mounts take up bag space, yuk!

I know there are some BS weapons for PvP, the Frozen Shadoweave cloth set and Belt of Blasting from tailoring, but are other crafted items going to have much longevity in the face of fast cleared raid content? How many of them remain BiS until t6 or beyond?

What I mean is : Yes I totally agree competition for farming Primals will be stiff; but at what point will people just say "fuck it I'll pick up t4 it's about as good" or w/e?

Is crafted gear really BiS through t5 (as I understand things like the Frozen Shadoweave and BoB are) right from launch or is it "filler" gear for people who don't raid and therefore going to be vastly less valuable in Classic TBC than it was in original TBC (assuming as I am that raid content is gonna be blown down by nearly anyone who cares to do it)...

Does every tier bring with it new recipes that are BiS?

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I know there are some BS weapons for PvP, the Frozen Shadoweave cloth set and Belt of Blasting from tailoring, but are other crafted items going to have much longevity in the face of fast cleared raid content? How many of them remain BiS until t6 or beyond?

What I mean is : Yes I totally agree competition for farming Primals will be stiff; but at what point will people just say "fuck it I'll pick up t4 it's about as good" or w/e?

Is crafted gear really BiS through t5 (as I understand things like the Frozen Shadoweave and BoB are) right from launch or is it "filler" gear for people who don't raid and therefore going to be vastly less valuable in Classic TBC than it was in original TBC (assuming as I am that raid content is gonna be blown down by nearly anyone who cares to do it)...

Does every tier bring with it new recipes that are BiS?
    Probably but at the same time you can craft Spellstrike Set (Head/Pants) + Frozen Shadoweave (Chest shoulders boots) and get two very good set bonuses while in order to fill 5 BIS slots from raiding only it will take you 10+ runs. Not to mention better PVP rewards, controlling world bosses dunno, anything super sweaty will do them all.