Poll: How do you feel about Torghast

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    People will bitch about anything. These forums are not a good measure of how people feel about torghast. They just nerfed it and made it a lot less time consuming while nerfing the shit out of those assassins. Seriously...that guy spawned waaaaay too much, and having him spawn on a boss floor was terrible. But they fixed those and right now torghast feels pretty good. You don't need to do it everyday. To get the majority of soulash you just need to do 1 floor on the bottom and the top. Islands for grinds and the utter failure of warfronts.....i'd say torghast is a big step in the right direction. Having special powers and good ones makes it fun. And you can do it with friends.

Torghast may not be perfect...but it is a hell of a lot better then islands ever were or warfronts.

I'm not trying to just bad mouth Torghast but don't know a single person that enjoys Torghast. In fact the opposite. I can constantly see Torghast hate in Gen chat and Guild chat. People get their Ash and don't go back. That isn't fun content.

It feels like Island 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    I'm not trying to just bad mouth Torghast but don't know a single person that enjoys Torghast. In fact the opposite. I can constantly see Torghast hate in Gen chat and Guild chat. People get their Ash and don't go back. That isn't fun content.

It feels like Island 2.0
    Same here. I don't know a single player thinks Torghast is fun that he would go back to do more Torghast after he gets weekly ash.

Its ok but its not something that I would do if It wasn't mandatory for the soul ash

5+ Year Old Account
    It is pure garbage, a gray dull tower while buffs are nice, there is no point, you get no loot, no nothing in there, you are forced to go in there if u want a legendary...that's it...

In horrific visions, depending on difficulty, u got a chest with loot in it. No chest in thorgast...No mail muncher, no fun...
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-12-21 at 04:53 AM.

Torghast is getting worse and worse everyday

I like torghast, like a lot. But like many other features in this game, even things I like become annoying chores if you have to do them over and over.

Stockholm syndrome, Bfa has given wow players such a low bar, shadowlands not being aids seems like its great.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    But they just added events and treasure goblins yesterday. How is it getting worse?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notdev View Post
    I like torghast, like a lot. But like many other features in this game, even things I like become annoying chores if you have to do them over and over.
    Except you don't have to do it "over and over".

1. Only "easy mode" is relevant for player power.
    2. If you're not skilled/geared enough even for layer 8 of regular Thorgast, you can just do lower layer and lose almost nothing in big picture.
    3. It's not endless, at most you need 2-3 legendaries and probably overwhelming majority need just one.

To be honest I don't understand people that spend hours and hours doing Twisting Corridors for mount that save them few minutes at best. I did only layer 1 without rushing everything and get 100 anima powers, it was fun as hell to be this overpowered. I plan to do higher layer once a week (maybe some on different class when I gear up some alt).

Of course it's not at all "next Mage Tower", which was solo boss fight you had to learn. I still hope we will get MT 2.0 in this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    But they just added events and treasure goblins yesterday. How is it getting worse?
    I don't think it would help anything. The core of Torghast is boring.

5+ Year Old Account
    Tbh the early beta iterations were very different to the live version. Many streamers only got to play the former, hence the positive feedback - including "haters" (as MMOC wisdom keepers love to put it) such as e.g. Preach.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I don't think it would help anything. The core of Torghast is boring.
    Sorry you feel that way but I think Torghast is a blast at it's core.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Torghast should have been Scenario dungeon only for quest. Maw has something "dangerous" mechanics to it, why is Torghast chill zone after you clear it?

Streamers are very out of touch with the community. It's very scary to think about them influencing the direction of the game.

Designing the game for the overwhelming minority of mythic raiders instead of the common folk who play the game normally is a bad idea. That's how we got WOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    Torghast should have been Scenario dungeon only for quest. Maw has something "dangerous" mechanics to it, why is Torghast chill zone after you clear it?
    For a place of eternal torment, Torghast is pretty chill even before you clear it. I've said it before and I'll say it again: where's the horror? Groups of mobs standing around chatting in a generic WoW dungeon don't signify Hell to me. Maybe the tedium is the torment?

I'm slowly working my way up the twisting corridors. It'd be nice if a TC wing gave your weekly soul ash, since it's longer than the other 2 wings put together.

My friend group likes torghast

Most of the streamers/testers I follow have said it was great in beta, they said the live version was the let down. The one streamer said there was no level limit, you were limited when you exhausted all of your deaths. So basically if you can go 20 floors or more depending on skill, and it would gradually get harder sort of like twisting corridors but without a floor limit. For me the let down is the lack of rewards or incentive to keep running it once you have all legendaries you want and completed twisting corridors for the mount. I sort of liked the twisting corridors but it needs more rewards or even class/spec specific rewards sort of like the mage tower.
    “We are living in an era when sanity is controversial and insanity is just another viewpoint—and degeneracy only another lifestyle." Thomas Sowell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Torghast? More like BOREGHAST!

Hehheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

On a serious note, it's boring. I cannot see how anyone would want to run it consistently because of how banal it is, I have encountered the same exact rooms multiple times. I wanted to die IRL in Twisting Corridors layer 2.

Its saving grace right now is that it can be spedrun easily. I cleared both wings in 30 minutes total this week because I just run to the exit and compensate the very few powers with huge burst and high ilvl. I could not see myself running it proper like I did at the start of Shadowlands

Torghast is tolerable if you only do it on 1-2 characters a reset. If you're a person who likes to have a lot of alts, it will get incredibly exhausting.