View Poll Results: Who do you stand with?

Voters
37. This poll is closed
  • I stand with the Royal Family

4 10.81%
  • I stand with Harry & Megan

10 27.03%
  • Don't like either of them.

23 62.16%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lady Colin Campbell says Jeffrey Epstein is NOT a paedophile.

Again, Royal Biographer seems to have incredibly bad takes.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Lady Colin Campbell says Jeffrey Epstein is NOT a paedophile.

Again, Royal Biographer seems to have incredibly bad takes.
    " "No, I expect there is a difference between a minor and a child.""

Thanks for so effectively displaying how seriously royal "biographers" should be taken.

Doesnt even know the definition of words.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    " "No, I expect there is a difference between a minor and a child.""

Thanks for so effectively displaying how seriously royal "biographers" should be taken.

Doesnt even know the definition of words.
    well she isn't wrong, 14 would not technically categorize you as a pedophile, its just the public and media use it as a catch all phrase even when they are 17.
    doesn't make it any better or any less illegal.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    well she isn't wrong, 14 would not technically categorize you as a pedophile, its just the public and media use it as a catch all phrase even when they are 17.
    doesn't make it any better or any less illegal.
    Hey why weren't you his defense lawyer.

"14 isnt "technically" a kid your honor its a teenager" rofl.

Hey why weren't you his defense lawyer.

"14 isnt "technically" a kid your honor its a teenager" rofl.
    just saying..... "Doesnt even know the definition of words".....

maybe you missed the part where i said "doesn't make it any better or any less illegal."
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Not only racism they are extremely bigoted towards gay people.

They are extremely anti gay in UK outside of brighton
    That hasn't been my experience as a gay guy who has lived in various parts of the UK...

7+ Year Old Account
    just saying..... "Doesnt even know the definition of words".....

maybe you missed the part where i said "doesn't make it any better or any less illegal."
    Yeah but the whole issue around age is ability to give consent. So in terms of the law a 5 year old isnt much different to a 14 year old because both are not able to give consent.

When you look up the definition of minor - noun
    noun: minor; plural noun: minors

a person under the age of full legal responsibility.
    "the court would take account of the minor's wishes"

So clearly responsibility is the issue. And someone saying "hes not a pedo" is just using weasel semantics to try prove a point.

Yeah but the whole issue around age is ability to give consent. So in terms of the law a 5 year old isnt much different to a 14 year old because both are not able to give consent.

in terms of the law, the punishment is much more severe between a 5 year old vs a 14 year old.
    at least in this country and i am going to assume most.

They both are going to be bad but here you are looking at a level 1 vs 3-4 felony here in the states.

When you look up the definition of minor - noun
    noun: minor; plural noun: minors

1. a person under the age of full legal responsibility.
    "the court would take account of the minor's wishes"

So clearly responsibility is the issue. And someone saying "hes not a pedo" is just using weasel semantics to try prove a point.
    Nah, pedophile has always had a very specific definition. Its the media that has turned it into the catch all for these people praying on people under 18.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

7+ Year Old Account
    in terms of the law, the punishment is much more severe between a 5 year old vs a 14 year old.
    at least in this country and i am going to assume most.

They both are going to be bad but here you are looking at a level 1 vs 3-4 felony here in the states.

Nah, pedophile has always had a very specific definition. Its the media that has turned it into the catch all for these people praying on people under 18.
    I mean in reality a judge is probably going to be more harsh on someone abusing someone much younger because the potential impact damage can be a lot higher so they will always go for the maximum they can. But in terms of sentencing they should be similar unless the judge went ham on the creep

its very situational. A 55+ teacher grooming a 14 student vs a 21 year old dating a 15 year old?

Context matters
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2021-03-08 at 08:39 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    These two are such downers. They moved to California just so they could nag and harp on us all day and tell us how bad society is. *Two thumbs down*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    These two are such downers. They moved to California just so they could nag and harp on us all day and tell us how bad society is. *Two thumbs down*
    So, you don't think there's anything bad about discouraging a suicidal pregnant woman from seeking mental healthcare because it would be a bad look for the institution. Is that what you're saying?

Or are you just gonna admit you didn't watch the interview and know fuck all about the Windsors, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    just for info: age of consent for sex in UK is 16, so this "but that's pedo !!!" screech is totally off reality, at least outside of USA.
    the term "underage" doesnt fly here also

I actually don't know anything at all about this Megan Markle. But the shoes she is wearing in that interview are A+++. Good goddamn.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I actually don't know anything at all about this Megan Markle. But the shoes she is wearing in that interview are A+++. Good goddamn.
    former actress in tv series "Suits"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Most UK are so up their own ass about the Royal Family
    I'm sure that there are people like that but I've honestly never come across anyone (in the 38 or so years I can remember) that actually had any interest in the 'Royal Family'. Sure our gutter rags would do a lot to convince you otherwise but the average person on the street doesn't give a flying fuck about them beyond possibly reading a juicy scandal in aforementioned gutter rags.

So the answer is No then?

So going to a party and hanging out with people who do bad things is enough evidence now to get you labeled and convicted?

i mean he had hundred's of parties, fund raisers and business events. That's a lot of people that need convicting!

BTW ask OJ about evidence. They had no problem finding the evidence....and the bodies.....but....

- - - Updated - - -

So then no?
    So you are going with OJ is innocent as a defense for Prince Edwards...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    I'm sure that there are people like that but I've honestly never come across anyone (in the 38 or so years I can remember) that actually had any interest in the 'Royal Family'. Sure our gutter rags would do a lot to convince you otherwise but the average person on the street doesn't give a flying fuck about them beyond possibly reading a juicy scandal in aforementioned gutter rags.
    Well a lot of countries are still under the queen and have the queens laws so its interesting to a lot of people. And its really just something to talk about that isnt too risky a conversation topic at work or whatever. Its hard to talk about religion or space at work with co-workers without looking weird so sure why not have a dig at the royal family, something a lot of people dont really care about but will be happy to share their opinion anyway

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    So, you don't think there's anything bad about discouraging a suicidal pregnant woman from seeking mental healthcare because it would be a bad look for the institution. Is that what you're saying?
    That's just today's heroic contribution to public awareness, it'll be something new tomorrow based on what their PR expert has designed for them. Whatever gets them attention. It is important to bring awareness to problems but in their case it always comes across as being judgemental and more of a lecture than anything else.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-03-08 at 10:26 PM.

Its hard to talk about religion or space at work with co-workers without looking weird so sure why not have a dig at the royal family
    I can count the number of times I've had a conversation at work about the Royals on the non existent hand of an as yet unconceived baby....ie zero times and this includes 10 years in the civil service, ya know, Her Majesty's Civil Service.....

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This. Most people give zero fucks about the royal family. There are probably more Americans that care than there are Brits.
    Doubtful if I recall the royal family always polls highly in the UK perhaps you don't but if the institution didn't have public support it would have probably vanished like most do in modern democracies.