View Poll Results: Who do you stand with?

Voters
37. This poll is closed
  • I stand with the Royal Family

4 10.81%
  • I stand with Harry & Megan

10 27.03%
  • Don't like either of them.

23 62.16%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I should have said "most people outside of London" tbf.
    Think of it this way would you rather the world be focused on Boris Johnson instead of the royal family?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Royal families are terrible, who knew, not like we had centuries of data to back that up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly have no dog in the fight, I don't love or hate the queen, but I do think the whole idea and purpose of royalty is fucking stupid. That said, I think this mostly being fueled by people so traumatized by real shit they have nothing better to do than concern themselves with the well bein of literally fucking millionaires.

I am pretty fuckin sure everyone involved is fine, and would be much better off if they did learn from Dianna's death and let this shit the fuck go. Anybody really concerned with this shit has nothing better to do seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Royal families are terrible, who knew, not like we had centuries of data to back that up.
    Well considering that Prince Edward was a literal god damn Nazi, yeah I am going to go on NOT having a BS idea of the English royal Monarch, much less them being full fledged fucking racist.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    So you are going with OJ is innocent as a defense for Prince Edwards...
    nah just pointing out the opposite of assumptions do happen.

btw he is technically innocent for as much as WE know he's not. <--that statement is true for both of them, for now.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    just for info: age of consent for sex in UK is 16, so this "but that's pedo !!!" screech is totally off reality, at least outside of USA.
    the term "underage" doesnt fly here also
    Under UK law the age of consent is 16 for consensual sex, sex where money changes hands or sex trafficking is involved it is 18, which in the Epstein case she was 17 and still a minor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    just for info: age of consent for sex in UK is 16, so this "but that's pedo !!!" screech is totally off reality, at least outside of USA.
    the term "underage" doesnt fly here also
    Nothing like defending one of the pedos that went to Epstein's lolita island because he is a prince.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    Under UK law the age of consent is 16 for consensual sex, sex where money changes hands or sex trafficking is involved it is 18, which in the Epstein case she was 17 and still a minor.
    You mean she was 17 in the prince Andrew/Epstein case.

Epstein was involved in a number of cases - the youngest were 14 (he plead guilty in one of those cases).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    It is important to bring awareness to problems but in their case it always comes across as being judgemental and more of a lecture than anything else.
    Cut it out with the fallacious arguments. You can just admit you didn't watch the interview.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    You mean she was 17 in the prince Andrew/Epstein case.

Epstein was involved in a number of cases - the youngest were 14 (he plead guilty in one of those cases).
    Yes, as far as I'm aware this is the only thing that has come to light (so far) that happened on UK soil involving Epstein: https://news.sky.com/story/prince-an...ation-11872851

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    nah just pointing out the opposite of assumptions do happen.

btw he is technically innocent for as much as WE know he's not. <--that statement is true for both of them, for now.
    What is publicly available points to his guilt if he isn't his behavior has only worsened his image. To the topic at hand my point was that members of the royal family like Edwards got far less coverage and heat than Meghan Markle. The family has basically put a protection bubble around him and his scandal is actually something worth covering.

former actress in tv series "Suits"
    Seen her on "Fringe." Not much better than cameos.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    That she is an attention seeking manipulative actress that will do anything to get what she wants.
    Ah yes, defend the racist monarchy. You think her husband would be saying the same thing if it were untrue?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Piers Morgan is a sorry ass excuse of a human being. I am glad she checked his ass

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I actually don't know anything at all about this Megan Markle. But the shoes she is wearing in that interview are A+++. Good goddamn.
    They're missing red bottoms for me.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Speaking as someone who is meant to be related to Cromwell (sorry to any Irish) and who voted for the republic in the failed Australian referendum, I'm not going to defend the monarchy. They have bad eggs in their family, just like anyone else.

The problem here is that you can't just make big claims like this without any proof. Otherwise you are just going to get into he says, she says.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of it is true, but I'm still taking it with a grain of salt until any proof is provided. Especially given you have a couple cut off from the taxpayers teat, not working and living a lavish lifestyle. To keep the money coming in you need to stay in the public eye, and what better way than a big explosive tell all Hollywood royalty style?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    The problem here is that you can't just make big claims like this without any proof. Otherwise you are just going to get into he says, she says.
    Where did you get the impression they wanted legal compensation or action?

Because, short of trying to prosecute a legal or civil complaint in the courts, standards of evidence aren't relevant. Sure, it's "she said, he said" stuff, but what's important to the two, is they got to have their say.

Because the paparazzi in the UK have certainly been having their say for years now on the subject of Meghan.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Cut it out with the fallacious arguments. You can just admit you didn't watch the interview.
    I don't usually watch gossip stuff... I believe her that she was unhappy and suicidal and that's unfortunate but I don't believe the part where she claimed that some people related to the institution were worried that the babies skin color would be too dark. Nobody important cares about race and even if anyone did care it's not like Harry is the first born kid of Charles anyways. Also why are we pretending that she looks black when she barely even looks mixed race unless she gets a lot of sunrays?
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-03-09 at 07:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I don't usually watch gossip stuff...
    Then how on earth can you take issue with the way in which something was communicated if you don't actually know how it was communicated?

You do realise it's kind of cringe to get defensive about your opinion when you openly admit it isn't an informed one because you aren't familiar with the subject matter, yeah?

Nobody important cares about race and even if anyone did care
    "There isn't a problem and even if there is it doesn't matter" is just a) admitting there's a problem, since if it weren't the case you wouldn't feel the need to attach the disclaimer, and b) still admitting you're okay with the problem existing, sweaty. Harry not being Charles' first born doesn't make it not offensive so it's pointless to bring that up.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2021-03-09 at 05:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Where did you get the impression they wanted legal compensation or action?

Because, short of trying to prosecute a legal or civil complaint in the courts, standards of evidence aren't relevant. Sure, it's "she said, he said" stuff, but what's important to the two, is they got to have their say.

Because the paparazzi in the UK have certainly been having their say for years now on the subject of Meghan.
    Just to prove the point Endus was saying about British media and how they treat Kate and Meghan differently

https://static.boredpanda.com/blog/w...leton-fb24.png
    https://static.boredpanda.com/blog/w...4c783__700.jpg
    https://static.boredpanda.com/blog/w...bedb1__700.jpg
    https://static.boredpanda.com/blog/w...18edf__700.jpg
    https://static.boredpanda.com/blog/w...52f4b__700.jpg
    https://static.boredpanda.com/blog/w...f2b9e__700.jpg

5 pages in and no one yet has pointed out that it wasn't Meghan that made the allegation about skin colour but Harry. Fuck I hate even knowing this but Harry told Meghan about it, she never heard it first hand so if anyone saying "she's just making shit up" are blaming the wrong person.

Not going to watch the actual interview but the schadenfreude from watching Piers Morgan have a melt down for hours has been a nice little uplift.

If anything the interview has given me a little bit of sympathy for the royals and their bizarre relationship with their supporters and their feelings of ownership towards them. It's utterly fascinating stuff and it's easy to see why Harry and Meghan wanted out.

I imagine the conversation was along the lines of:

Meghan: Harry? You know how you guys pimp yourselves out so you can live at the expense of the British tax payer but we have to live in this guilded cage and with all these expectations? Well we can just be rich outside the UK and not have weirdos making demands of us all the time instead!
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2021-03-09 at 06:12 AM.

If what they've said about the racial prejudice within the Royal Family is true, then I do applaud them for speaking out against it. Such hypocrisy and revolting racism should be called out and shamed in public. And I've never liked the Royal family in the first place. They are a complete waste of tax-payers' money and choke-full of smiling phonies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.