Poll: Who gets Dragonspine Trophy?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Considering you're likely going to have 0 Rogues, 1 Ret, and 1 DPS Warrior in an optimal raid... probably the DPS Warrior or the Ret.

I don't think people realize how bad Rogues are without Glaives.

Could also go to Hunters, but I don't think DST is all that great compared to Madness/Tsunami. I haven't seen any recent TBC sims comparing trinkets though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Obviously you give it to the Ret paladin.
    Ret don't really want it, it's not bis for as long for hunters as it is for melee, so rogues>warriors>hunters>anyone else

Rogues #1 for sure, they will make use of it for the longest time.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Ret don't really want it, it's not bis for as long for hunters as it is for melee, so rogues>warriors>hunters>anyone else
    Hunters easily make the most use out of it. Hunters>who cares about the others
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Rogues #1 for sure, they will make use of it for the longest time.
    Rogues are absolute dogshit before late Black Temple gear.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Hunters easily make the most use out of it. Hunters>who cares about the others
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Rogues are absolute dogshit before late Black Temple gear.
    Rogues scale the hardest with haste, I don't think 1,5-2k~ DPS in t4 is all that bad, I don't know how they fare into t5, but hunters are very overrated at this point in time.

Rogues scale the hardest with haste, I don't think 1,5-2k~ DPS in t4 is all that bad, I don't know how they fare into t5, but hunters are very overrated at this point in time.
    Rogues in T4 are shadowpriest level bad, to the point of not bringing them at all to raids. Only slightly better in T5 due to unfriendly melee mechanics.
    Hunters are 2 tiers above them, fury warr one tier.

Rogues in T4 are shadowpriest level bad, to the point of not bringing them at all to raids. Only slightly better in T5 due to unfriendly melee mechanics.
    Hunters are 2 tiers above them, fury warr one tier.
    Too much haste ruins the hunter rotation and you will be delaying autoshots, if things proc at bad times or during bl you are going to see a potential dps loss.

I'm not saying it's not a desirable item for hunters, because it is however it's better on rogues than hunters.

I think you're relying a bit too much on 2007 data here.
    Last edited by WaltherLeopold; 2021-03-09 at 12:26 AM.

I think you're relying a bit too much on 2007 data here.
    Nah I've played TBC for the last three years and rogues are just terrible pre T6 gear.
    TBH they are not that great single target T6 either. The only fights they do really good are cleave like council or 100% uptime while others do mechanics like Azgalor etc.
    Fury warrior is a better rogue in every aspect.

It's hard to be overrated when you are THE physical dps of the expansion. Rogues may get their BiS and scale the best with haste but a hunter will put out more dps with the upgrade then the other physicals. The only real reason to bring a rogue at all is if glaives will start going to the tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It's hard to be overrated when you are THE physical dps of the expansion. Rogues may get their BiS and scale the best with haste but a hunter will put out more dps with the upgrade then the other physicals. The only real reason to bring a rogue at all is if glaives will start going to the tank.
    Eh, like I think a lot of hunters will face some pretty rude surprises once tbc classic drops, the new order of things demands way more from a hunter to match other top tier physical dps like ret, i.e hunters having to melee weave and balance their multiple rotations per fight to dip into 2,5k dps while a ret just has to twist correctly for 2,2k.

All i'm saying is that (example numbers) if the trinket lends 40 dps increase to hunters, but 100 to rogues, then it should go to rogues, who cares where the actual dps is coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Tsunami Talisman

Hunter, because aren't they the best physical DPS for the longest in TBC? Seconded by Rogue/Warrior
    Rogues warriors beat out hunters

It's BIS for all physical DPS.

There is absolutely no question at all.

It is best in slot for Rogues, by a massive margain.

Next is Fury warriors, Enhance, Hunters, Cats, Rets and finally Arms.

In my experience the GM, but Rogues and Fury Warriors get by far the most out of it. In particular Human Rogues/Warriors never replace it, because they don't switch to Shard of Contempt when they also have Muru trinket + Warglaives equipped. None of the other classes gain anywhere close to the same value from DST.

But who cares, everyone wants it and you should give it to the player who deserves it, not the spec that gains "X%" amount of more benefit, players who leave or quit aren't doing much for your guild with the DST you loot them, and that goes for Warglaives and any other valuable item.

As for you lot discussing hunter stuff - https://anybrowser.org/wow/survival_guide.html#shots This is a great period guide to hunter stuff and shows how much thought went into theorycrafting back then, these guys were more clued up than 99% of players are these days in Shadowlands who act like even the best players in 2008 were still dribbling all over themselves like 3 year olds.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-03-09 at 06:01 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    As for you lot discussing hunter stuff - https://anybrowser.org/wow/survival_guide.html#shots This is a great period guide to hunter stuff and shows how much thought went into theorycrafting back then, these guys were more clued up than 99% of players are these days in Shadowlands who act like even the best players in 2008 were still dribbling all over themselves like 3 year olds.
    There's some very striking inaccuracies in that one though, for instance implying that 250 ap is 27,7 dps on ret is ridiculous but such was the times.

Makes one wonder what else they've got wrong, however I have on good authority that a lot of the information in that one link is still pretty good insofar as to how it applies to hunters.

Hunters 1st.
    Warrior 2nd.
    Rogue 3rd.

Notice how I used plural/singular.

Also what's gonna happen is a few weeks into TBC those classes will do Gruul in "DST res" pugs/splits. The item is pretty rare.
    Nobody does Gruul if DST is reserved.

The optimal choice is Enh Shaman => BM Hunter => Feral Druid

(Obviously not naming memes that won't be raiding in serious guilds like rogue and warriors)

But the truth is like for every master loot thing => GM / GM simps / GM Gf or Bf /Officers.

More often that not based on my experience, i can see our glorious War tank GMs from Classic arguing to ninja to themselves every single BiS DPS trinket and glaives ^_^
    Last edited by Gratlim; 2021-03-09 at 06:56 AM.

Whoever has the most points when the trinket drops.

Most guilds will have more than one rogue, don't be delusional. Most people play the game casually and won't tryhard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post

shows how much thought went into theorycrafting back then, these guys were more clued up than 99% of players are these days in Shadowlands who act like even the best players in 2008 were still dribbling all over themselves like 3 year olds.
    the avg skills of 2008players is 10x more times the avg skills of wow 2020players, every single tactic & info people are using atm in wow classic? was already a thing in 2007, but the kids this days doesn't realize that because they wasn't even born back then.

- - - Updated - - -

There's some very striking inaccuracies in that one though, for instance implying that 250 ap is 27,7 dps on ret is ridiculous but such was the times.

Makes one wonder what else they've got wrong, however I have on good authority that a lot of the information in that one link is still pretty good insofar as to how it applies to hunters.
    how did you fail to understand that part? maybe you're a clueless noob just like 99% of current wow players!
    the result of 250ap is 27.7 is not a flat dps, the calculation of the theory-crafting mentioned in the guide had Expose Weakness into effect imagining that the ret got 40% critical chance, and since 250ap is 250/14= 17.8dps flat, in that attack table? under buffs plus 1.7dps & having around 50%chance of doubt the 17.8dps? which lead to approximately 26.8~28.4dps that's why the guy who made that guide 13years ago said 27.7. if you can't even understand that simple theory-crafting? you're probably don't even know how to play and you follow streamers to tell you what you have to do.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Nah I've played TBC for the last three years and rogues are just terrible pre T6 gear.
    TBH they are not that great single target T6 either. The only fights they do really good are cleave like council or 100% uptime while others do mechanics like Azgalor etc.
    Fury warrior is a better rogue in every aspect.
    top 100warriors & top 100rogues both seems to be doing similar dps (remove the space between / / to make links work)
    https:/ /classic.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/1008#metric=dps&partition=1&class=Rogue&boss=650
    https:/ /classic.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/1008#metric=dps&partition=1&class=Warrior&boss=650
    Last edited by Azx; 2021-09-07 at 09:31 PM.